Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

[Discussion] Objectivity - Why is it so hard for some people

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

stormform Posted: 02:05 Jul19 2014 Post ID: 3330655
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
Keep in mind, this being a discussion topic, I will uphold the guidelines set to discussion threads as discussed in this thread. I except well thought out answers, and your argument must provide valid points, of course proving points invalid is also a good part of an argument and is thus encouraged, as long as it doesn't become a straw-man. All posts not in line with this guideline will be deleted without notice.

"Generally, objectivity means the state or quality of being true even outside of a subject's individual biases, interpretations, feelings, and imaginings. A proposition is generally considered objectively true (to have objective truth) when its truth conditions are met and are "bias-free"; that is, existing without biases caused by, feelings, ideas, etc. of a sentient subject." So why is this so hard for some people?
Humans will always have an inherent bias regarding almost everything no matter how hard they try to be unbiased, that i understand, but why do some people decide to throw objectivity out the window, using subjective views and opinions on matters which could be resolved purely by objectively looking at the facts?
Are people just too biased to look at facts, or is something deeper at work?

Discuss.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Dark Breloom Posted: 09:25 Jul19 2014 Post ID: 3330713
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
humans are self-centered
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close