Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Alternate Advertisement Methods?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

tegan41 Posted: 23:43 Sep04 2014 Post ID: 3343036
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
So, I came by to say hello and remembered there's next to no one to say hello too. This disheartens me as I miss when Super Cheats was active. I know a lot of things have been tried but perhaps they are the wrong attempts?

I know SC supports itself off ads and Google but people come here for the cheats rather than the community. Why don't you guys try going out to other forums (there's a specialty genre of forums just for free advertising) that can offer tons of new ways to advertise.

One example would be Forum Promotion. Forum Promotion offers posting boosting services, reviews from forum management experts, ad services to create backlinks, different ways to gain exposure to people actually interested in the community aspect of the internet, and more.

Being a long time member of Forum Promotion, I personally know that hardly any good gaming communities ever make there way through FP's doors. With everything Super Cheats offered, I'd say you'd pick up a decent audience over time if a few members of Super Cheat's staff went to forums like Forum Promotion and worked to promote.

Alongside promotion forums, advertising via Twitter is an excellent community tool. If you use the right hashtags, tag the right people, your tweets will be exposed to a large audience. I know personally Twitter has a huge gaming community from a RuneScape fansite Twitter account I used to run.

_____

Different method from above and I know that this has been suggested many many times before but I believe consolidating the thousand+ forums you have here will make SC overall more appealing as right now, it's intimidating and people get scared from posting.

« Last edited by Team SuperCheats on Sep 6th 2014 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Team SuperCheats Posted: 02:53 Sep06 2014 Post ID: 3343258
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Thanks for the suggestions Matt - I'd be very wary of using that kind of service as it may have negative seo implications.

I think to build the forum we do have to start from the ground up and make the place more appealing to post in, then try to attract our own audience into the forum and utilise our own social accounts to notify people of interesting threads.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
tegan41 Posted: 15:50 Sep06 2014 Post ID: 3343358
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
Hey Rich,

Services such as Forum Promotion actually do not have much negative impact on SEO as all that you are doing is adding backlinks to your site, exposure via word of mouth, and if you package/review services, you are getting new content from fresh faces. Being an administrator on FP, I know the back end of the package service and all the content posted is original so you wouldn't have to worry about SEO penalties from that.

As I said, everyone comes here for the game help. The community is hidden and with SC being so large, you could attract new people who are in need of a good gaming community. I'd at least think about it and if you want, I can get you in touch with the owner of FP who is an expert in SEO (he actually makes a living with these types of services) so he could really help you out.

___

Also, don't get rid of all the content, just heavily consolidate forums. Leave major gaming franchises that actually have full boards, put everything else in a general gaming board, etc. And yes, utilize your social networking accounts more as well.
b_rental Posted: 11:49 Jun01 2015 Post ID: 3379927
b_rental
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
Let?s not forget all the great ocean-side bars beach rentals and restaurants serving up cool refreshers.The community is hidden and with SC being so large,
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close