Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

D&D: Euthanasia

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Keyblade21 Posted: 00:37 Sep06 2014 Post ID: 3343241
Keyblade21
Post Likes: 323
+
Euthanasia. It is a very complex topic, and a topic that has been debated for a good time. The central understanding is that Euthanasia is the willing termination of life by a Doctor to end one's own suffering. Do you think this should be allowed or outlawed?

The line between Euthanasia and Suicide is blurry at points, and it is hard to see the difference. The main difference is that with Suicide you willingly kill yourself with your own hands, or by your own means without help. Euthanasia is done by a doctor at the request of a patient, in the effect of reliving suffering, and dying peacefully.

To further understand this you can just relate euthanasia to euthanizing an animal. We often put animals down (euthanize them) to end their suffering, such as when they have cancer or some other disease that is terminal anyways.

Is it right or wrong to be able to choose to have your life ended?

Avy & Sig credits go to Hurricane0

Want to join in the chat? Head over to General Chat
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 08:46 Sep06 2014 Post ID: 3343277
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Seth: After the first sentence, I was thinking, "Does he mean suicide?" Anyway, I think everyone has choices in life. If they decided to have this done, then so be it. I, personally, don't believe in this. Different name or not, it's a lot like suicide, which I'm not for. That's just my opinion though.
Matt77 Posted: 09:55 Sep06 2014 Post ID: 3343299
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I believe euthanasia should be allowed, especially if the person who wants it is in extreme pain. However I am against suicide.

Warrior - I see where you're coming from but although they are very similar, they are also very different. Most people wanting euthanasia are in extreme pain and are living a miserable life. Suicide is when people decide to end their own life due to depression, extreme stress or other circumstances.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 10:35 Sep06 2014 Post ID: 3343303
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I understand that they are different, but they still are closely related. I just personally don't believe in ending one's life. However, if people would like to do that, that's their choice.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Sep 6th 2014 »
stormform Posted: 07:16 Sep07 2014 Post ID: 3343596
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
I believe this was meant to be a serious discussion, not a joke, so please actually contribute to the topic instead of making fun a of a serious topic. Discussion was the original intent, it was agreed to that DnD threads will have to actually be proper DnD threads if wanted by the OP.

On topic:
For me, the line between euthanasia and suicide is pretty clear, although there are exceptions to it (not going in to the details here, touchy subject for me). As for euthanasia, I think it should be allowed, but only if agreed upon by both the person wanting it, and their family too. If one is at a point in life where there is nothing more but suffering (terminal, etc.) and they request it, I think it should be granted, although time should be given to properly think about it.
The reason the family has to agree to it, in my opinion, is because they are also affected by it, but they too would understand the reasoning behind the person wanting euthanasia.

Matt77 Posted: 08:12 Sep07 2014 Post ID: 3343599
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
stormform said:I believe this was meant to be a serious discussion, not a joke, so please actually contribute to the topic instead of making fun a of a serious topic.

KoC & I weren't making fun of the thread. Where did you get that from? KoC was making a post saying what he thought terminally ill people should do before their deaths. I apologise for the off-topic posts, but they weren't 'making fun of the topic'.

« Last edited by Matt77 on Sep 7th 2014 »

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
KingofCorn Posted: 10:27 Sep07 2014 Post ID: 3343627
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
How many of my posts will you guys delete! Every. Single. Time. Every single time I speak my opinion the thread gets closed or it gets deleted.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:05 Sep07 2014 Post ID: 3343688
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It's because you go overboard sometimes, Jake.

This was suppose to be a serious topic, not a joke. There's a time to be serious, and a time to be not so much. In this case, Seth was looking/asking for a serious response.
KingofCorn Posted: 17:05 Sep07 2014 Post ID: 3343706
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
I was mostly serious.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close