Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Why do we need to be aproved?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
sauske Posted: 14:31 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363498
sauske
Post Likes: 18
+
So why is it that every Bio post, update, and submission has to be approved? What is the worst that can happen by submission? If anything, that is a huge strain on the database. You have to send a submission query, and then insert to probably a table like "supercheats_submission"then have to accept and submit.

So Supercheats, why do you have it setup like that?

P.S. Too everyone else, don't reply unless you know why. I am not asking for theory's about why supercheats does this.

Ex: "Supercheats does it because we need to correct grammar." My response: "If we need to correct something to be 'readable', we can simply 'flag' it, and moderators/staff can fix certain parts of the answer.

« Last edited by sauske on Dec 11th 2014 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Dark Breloom Posted: 17:12 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363514
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
you spelled sasuke wrong
sauske Posted: 18:16 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363523
sauske
+
Yes, I realize that. But the admins don't wana change my name, so Sauske it is!

Blame the 12 year old me. Not the new me.
Dark Breloom Posted: 18:21 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363527
Dark Breloom
+
sasuke is the worst character in the whole series
Xeta Posted: 23:11 Dec11 2014 Post ID: 3363558
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
Spam or something.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
Team SuperCheats Posted: 03:14 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363574
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Yes, it's spam basically - There are so many posts in bios, answers, questions, cheats, forums posts etc... That get filtered automatically because people want to place their link to their site, or scam, or whatever, so we do our best to auto-block these.

Unfortunately this is an inconvenience for legitimate members, but it's something we have to do in the constant battle we have against spam.

Not so long ago I was deleting 20+ spam posts in forums daily, we constantly had to adjust our spam filter to circumvent the spam until they eventually gave up.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
KingofCorn Posted: 11:28 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363617
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
So you aren't deleting them now? Ah I see that makes sense.
sauske Posted: 15:20 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363633
sauske
+
Team SuperCheats said:Yes, it's spam basically - There are so many posts in bios, answers, questions, cheats, forums posts etc... That get filtered automatically because people want to place their link to their site, or scam, or whatever, so we do our best to auto-block these.

Unfortunately this is an inconvenience for legitimate members, but it's something we have to do in the constant battle we have against spam.

Not so long ago I was deleting 20+ spam posts in forums daily, we constantly had to adjust our spam filter to circumvent the spam until they eventually gave up.

Why not just add a captcha? I understand that spam is an issue, but there are tons of way to prevent it! May it be IP banning, captchaing, or using filters like you said. You can also incorporate both or all 3 methods! I used to participate in forum software such as MyBB, phpBB, forumotion and Xenforo and each had spambots. Its unpredictable, but think about some aspects, people don't want to wait for a approval to do a submission. The worst that can happen is it gets spammed badly and you can just re-import the table. If anything having a filter set with submission will be the best option!

« Last edited by sauske on Dec 12th 2014 »
sauske Posted: 15:21 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363635
sauske
+
Dark Breloom said:sasuke is the worst character in the whole series

That is irrelevant to the main topic. Stop trying to provoke an argument.
KingofCorn Posted: 15:49 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363637
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
PXE has a thing for provoking people. Just ignore them.

By the way welcome back.
Hyperfox Posted: 16:17 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363638
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
I have no idea what you're talking about rino.
Team SuperCheats Posted: 16:18 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363639
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
We have all of those things you mention to some degree, however due to the size of our website we face many issues with not just spam bots but also human spammers that feel it is worth their while to try to post their spam/hack links on our website so it requires a lot more moderation and invigilation - believe me, we have a whole arsenal of custom developed weapons to combat this, and I believe it is tons better that what you see on standard forums/websites.

Ours our built and customised for our website only and have been developed over many years and are constantly being updated.

Opening the system to allow the kind of input as you suggested your first post would lead to far too much spam - it goes on on this website every day - but, I hope, you don't see most of it.
Hyperfox Posted: 16:22 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363640
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
Also the worst character is Orichimamaroo.
Dark Breloom Posted: 17:12 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363648
Dark Breloom
+
no srsly the sasuke sakura love thing is the worst thing in the whole series
sauske Posted: 23:59 Dec12 2014 Post ID: 3363705
sauske
+
Team SuperCheats said:We have all of those things you mention to some degree, however due to the size of our website we face many issues with not just spam bots but also human spammers that feel it is worth their while to try to post their spam/hack links on our website so it requires a lot more moderation and invigilation - believe me, we have a whole arsenal of custom developed weapons to combat this, and I believe it is tons better that what you see on standard forums/websites.

Ours our built and customised for our website only and have been developed over many years and are constantly being updated.

Opening the system to allow the kind of input as you suggested your first post would lead to far too much spam - it goes on on this website every day - but, I hope, you don't see most of it.

Well I haven't seen any issues, so I guess I can't argue with that! I have a better idea, why not add a filteration system so people who are 'deemed' trustworthy (may it be posts, or rep) be able to auto update. Because we can still report a user if they spam.

Edit: When I say the updating I mean, when I make a bio update(which I did 2 days ago) and still have to wait for it to be accepted.

« Last edited by sauske on Dec 13th 2014 »
sauske Posted: 00:03 Dec13 2014 Post ID: 3363706
sauske
+
KingofCorn said:PXE has a thing for provoking people. Just ignore them.

By the way welcome back.

Oh, okay then! Sorry its been a long time, since I came here. I just kinda lost a lot of intrest in the site, but decided to come back to maybe, possibly, add some type of originality! I was hoping the forums would of had more sub categories; such as, computer topics, or such as something fun like pet forums. Where you can discuss about the pets you have or ask questions about pets!

============Since I can't use a HR tag this will work..========================

I just feel as that the forums need some more fun topics, or something to add more then just games!

« Last edited by sauske on Dec 13th 2014 »
KingofCorn Posted: 01:47 Dec13 2014 Post ID: 3363726
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Do you have any pets?
Team SuperCheats Posted: 01:51 Dec13 2014 Post ID: 3363729
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
+
Yes sasuke - we could do that, but the fact is we get so few bio updates, maybe a 5 or 10 a day - so to add a filtration system which would probably not be worth the time (well not right now before Christmas anyway...)

We usually moderate all submissions within 24 hours - I just didn't do it yesterday! This was an anomaly - I have approved it just now, really sorry for the delay.

« Last edited by Team SuperCheats on Dec 13th 2014 »
sauske Posted: 09:08 Dec13 2014 Post ID: 3363775
sauske
+
KingofCorn said:Do you have any pets?

Yes, and I have expierence with a wide array of animals!
sauske Posted: 09:12 Dec13 2014 Post ID: 3363776
sauske
+
Team SuperCheats said:Yes sasuke - we could do that, but the fact is we get so few bio updates, maybe a 5 or 10 a day - so to add a filtration system which would probably not be worth the time (well not right now before Christmas anyway...)

We usually moderate all submissions within 24 hours - I just didn't do it yesterday! This was an anomaly - I have approved it just now, really sorry for the delay.

Understandable, I have another question, SC, does have a private message thing because I wanted to share something with you about some issue on the site. Well like I said, it would be entirely nice to have a way to auto submit, may it be for cheats, bio posts, or questions!
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close