Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

A Message To The Few Remaining Souls Here On SuperCheats

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Matt77 Posted: 06:37 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366689
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
SC is dying, or is already dead. It will stay dead (or become dead) unless we don't do something.

What could we do to attract new members here? Advertising has been tried, & was unsuccessful. A community manager was tried, & was unsuccessful due to complications. Really we need something bigger. We need a way for all members & guests to see what the forums are about. Maybe a pop-up appearing on their screens asking for them to come visit the forums, with information about the forums, a quick link & an image of them. Essentially it is just another form of advertising, but I think the advertising just wasn't strong enough before.

What do you think? What are your ideas? Do you think my idea is good/bad? Share your thoughts; for the sake of SC's future.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Warrior13 Posted: 09:27 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366700
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Plenty of things could be done to increase activity, but it would take some investing .

Advertisement is one of them. The only real advertisement the forums have is that little one in the top left corner that alternates.

The Community Forums Manager (which was ultimately suggested by a few PXE Members) was a very good idea , but the restrictions from the start handicapped it; it had no room to turn into something great. 20 hours a month was all that was invested into it. That's it . Do you know how hard it is to keep this place lively and active when you're only getting paid to work 40 Minutes a day (and everything else is on your own without pay)? Crippling. Like I've said numerous times, I tried to get the position to be Full-Time, which is really necessary . To no avail.

Like I said, investing is going to be key in the Forums survival.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 6th 2015 »
sauske Posted: 10:57 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366727
sauske
Post Likes: 18
+
Once again as I posted in Warriors post(If you didn't read it, I will say it here) by making these posts you're not making anyone want to stay anytime soon. The reason this being is high ranked people such as you(matt), warrior13 and so on who are really active are stating the site is dead.

If I was getting paid just to find niches in ways to promote advertising, I would! The issue is, I don't know where to start. I personally think the forums need a little pazzaz. Make it more into a community forum, and not just bind yourself to a gaming forum. What supercheats also needs, is a re-model. The first thing I would suggest is rebuilding the userpanel. I don't like the idea of having to enable a checkbox to send a pm, to a user. I think having the following is better:

A private message box, and having a separate thing for profile comments. If rich really wanted too, he could monetize the groups! Allowing a user to 'buy' a group is one idea. Also giving the people custom rank bars by the owners of the group! Rich also could even implement a VIP group for things. What would the VIP have your asking?

Well a couple things, a custom rank bar saying VIP user/Donator,
Access to a VIP forum,
and lastly access to VIP things; such as, things that are being developed on.
KingofCorn Posted: 11:15 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366744
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Do you think Rich is reading these ideas?
Warrior13 Posted: 11:17 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366749
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Sauske: Making these posts don't have any effect. Trust me. Guests aren't staying anyway.

Jake: I hope he is.

« Last edited by Warrior13 on Jan 5th 2015 »
sauske Posted: 11:23 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366754
sauske
Post Likes: 18
+
Warrior13 said:Sauske: Making these posts don't have any effect. Trust me. Guests aren't staying anyway.

These posts aren't for the guests, its ideas for Rich. If we want guests to start joining, we add a session variable that makes the user only able to read 5 threads every day. Then we could redirect them to the site, and say "Hey! I noticed you checked out 5 threads in supercheats, you should join our community to further unlock greatness! Being a member of the community entitles you
*insert perks*

so, this is why you should join!"
Warrior13 Posted: 11:26 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366757
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
sauske said:
Warrior13 said:Sauske: Making these posts don't have any effect. Trust me. Guests aren't staying anyway.

These posts aren't for the guests, its ideas for Rich.

That's what I've been saying.
mini_mario Posted: 12:17 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366782
mini_mario
Post Likes: 3
+
The SC Forums have been dead for a while now. It started with the Video Games forums and slowly moved to all Forum sections here. Members slowly began to realize that, like myself, and just left since none of our friends decided to stay. It would be nice if everything was back into sections and not just one big General Chat hub but I doubt that would help at all now. I guess forum chatting just isn't poplar here anymore. As long as the actual site has activity, forums won't necessarily make SC "dead".

« Last edited by mini_mario on Jan 5th 2015 »

avatar credit to Trainer Saphire
signature credit to Layne
Warrior13 Posted: 12:59 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366788
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
That's why I said the SC Forums in my thread. SC will still be semi-popular for the cheats and stuff.
KingofCorn Posted: 15:17 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366806
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Semi-popular?
Warrior13 Posted: 15:36 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366828
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Many people prefer IGN and other sites.
KingofCorn Posted: 16:19 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366847
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Probably because they are always the first result when you search a game.
mini_mario Posted: 17:12 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366857
mini_mario
+
Warrior13 said:Many people prefer IGN and other sites.

Yeah tbh I'm usually on neoseeker when it comes to Pokemon searching.

Warrior13 Posted: 17:25 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366861
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Jake: Exactly.

Mario: Serebii.net is the best for Pokemon. They have EVERYTHING.
mini_mario Posted: 17:37 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366864
mini_mario
+
Warrior13 said:Jake: Exactly.

Mario: Serebii.net is the best for Pokemon. They have EVERYTHING.

Yeah I know, I just use Neoseeker for trading and battling with others.

Matt77 Posted: 19:46 Jan05 2015 Post ID: 3366877
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
sauske - Yep, that idea is great. It's also similar to mine, so we're on the same page.

Jake - SC still has some fantastic walkthroughs that are better than sites like IGN.

mini_mario - Really 'dead' means there are 0 or 1 member(s) posting here in the forums. One day it could lead to that, as mentioned in the OP. The forums has been alive & kicking to this day. Around July-October, the forums had heaps of members, some new, some old, & some current ones.

Warrior - Remember, IGN isn't perfect either. I've seen them have false information before.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

fatassmonkey Posted: 18:57 Jan09 2015 Post ID: 3367403
fatassmonkey
Some kind of monkey
Post Likes: 116
+
When I joined SC, there was a community. As hyperfox has stated in a post before, the community is what people stayed for. The members if the community left one by one and new members that would socialize, soon didn't have that same community that was so appealing. More people left, and not enough people were joining to fill in the gaps. Just my take on it. If you can somehow build up the same thing. Probably more people would join the GF and be active on it.
Matt77 Posted: 04:01 Jan10 2015 Post ID: 3367452
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
The 'community' are all on PXE. They obviously had no respect for SC when they all chose to leave & start a new forum (and when some chose to come back & troll). The current members (including me) do have respect for SC (as shown in the threads discussing what can be done to help SC). Really we don't need old members coming back. We need new ones, who see the SC experience as new & fresh. Besides, the old members will eventually leave again from boredom or from a lack of other old members.

ViolinViolinViolin

Warrior13 Posted: 10:25 Jan10 2015 Post ID: 3367488
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Actually, I think a mix between old and new members would be the best.
Matt77 Posted: 20:58 Jan10 2015 Post ID: 3367537
Matt77
The Chosen One
+
That would be good, but personally I don't think the old members really like the newer members, & they will leave.

ViolinViolinViolin

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close