Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Technology

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

nightmare2 Posted: 14:42 Sep23 2015 Post ID: 3389073
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
No more debate forum, still sad thats gone.....

Food for thought post I did in some Facebook group.

We have come to a stage in our evolution where tecnology is so advanced that it is a struggle for the general population to keep up and educated on it as a whole. So many different fields and areas like cars or computers. It's scary cause at this point the general population would be screwed if we have to rebuild from scratch if like a world wide EMP event happened. All current existing tech useless. Most people wouldn't know HOW to build simple computer chip let alone program it.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
KingofCorn Posted: 17:42 Sep23 2015 Post ID: 3389083
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
Why would we need computers after an emp? It's a good thing guns don't need electricity.
Warrior13 Posted: 14:37 Sep25 2015 Post ID: 3389178
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
What?
nightmare2 Posted: 14:14 Sep27 2015 Post ID: 3389373
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 41
+
See this is why I miss the debate forum. I'd get a good discussion going.

But like you just look at your phone. Most of the phone is made by machines. The amount of education the average person receives is insignificant when you compare it to the sheer volume of information required just to make a single phone. The programming is one little thing. An EMP goes off and to make a working phone you now have to actually go out and find all the metals needed to make the phone, you have to refine them and build chips. Just that alone takes a ton of education. And that's just a little part of a single device. The time it would take to rebuild is insane.
Our education system isn't meant for the preservation of society or our technology. Even experts in a field rely heavily on technology to the point where if they were put into a situation where they have no access to computers their knowledge wouldn't be useful.
And again that' s just one small field that exists in the present. We are at a point in time where our technology is a combination of hundreds of fields of information.

It's funny how little our education, our method of learning has changed, since we first started making civilizations. It's the same thing. Learn and build upn what we learned before then teach it, through speech and writing, to others. At a small level like simple math and geography that works. But hundreds of years later with hundreds of years of information and knowledge discovered and known and yet we still haven't tried to find a new way to teach. It's a slow and ineffective method when you have tons of information to teach.
Like we really need to start looking for technology capable of teaching a mass of knowledge effectively and in a short period of time. So that the general population is actually educated to a high level.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
Warrior13 Posted: 20:45 Sep27 2015 Post ID: 3389390
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
tl;dr. :P XD
KingofCorn Posted: 00:24 Sep28 2015 Post ID: 3389404
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Let's get 4chan to teach history.
Warrior13 Posted: 08:43 Sep30 2015 Post ID: 3389496
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
No more history!
Matt77 Posted: 08:39 Oct31 2015 Post ID: 3392402
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I'm doing a History class next year. I get to learn more about America in WW2.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
KingofCorn Posted: 11:18 Nov01 2015 Post ID: 3392599
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
+
Back when we saved the world
Matt77 Posted: 04:20 Nov02 2015 Post ID: 3392655
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
No. But you did heavily contribute to the Allies winning the war. Japan made the biggest mistake in war history on December 7th, 1941.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 20:25 Nov02 2015 Post ID: 3392712
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
US usually has great impacts on War... Except in Vietnam... lol
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close