Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

NFL - Discussion Thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 40 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Warrior13 Posted: 22:52 Jan17 2017 Post ID: 3428428
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
Miami had the #1 draft pick the same year Matt Ryan was in it. No one felt he would become this elite qb, so both Miami and St. Louis passed on him. Atlanta took a risk by selecting him at #3, but after the Mike Vick Dog Fights Scandal, they really had no other choice. Thus why I joke that Miami "let" Atlanta have Matt Ryan. XD
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Matt77 Posted: 01:05 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428429
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
Who did Miami get at #1? A dud?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Sanzano Posted: 01:47 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428430
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Miami selected OT Jake Long with the number one pick in the 2008 draft. He wasn't a bad pick at the time, he's since played for several teams including the St. Louis Rams, Atlanta Falcons, and now the Minnesota Vikings. He went to the Pro Bowl in 2008-2011, the four years he was playing for Miami.I bet the Dolphins now wish they had of picked Ryan. It reminds me of when the Pittsburgh Steelers didn't draft Dan Marino in the 1983 draft, what made it more ironic is Marino lived in Pttsburgh. If Marino had of been drafted by Pittsburgh and not Miami he would have left the game the greatest ever quarterbck to play the game with a few rings on his fingers as that Pittsburgh team was loaded with talent unlike Miami at the time.

Warrior13 Posted: 09:44 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428431
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Jake Long looked like he would be the better player compared to Ryan over the first four Pro Bowl Years. It wasn't until that first leg injury in his fifth year before things took a turn for the worst. Some guys, especially big guys, can never truly recover after those types of injury.

Obviously Matty turned out to be the far better prospect in the long run, but it's not as bad as the year Aaron Rodgers fell to the late 20s in the first round. Then again, that Rodgers was an entire different player from the current one; the Packers coaching literally molded him and his potential into what he is now.

Marino was the best, statistically speaking, QB when he retired. But still, I honestly agree he would've been able to get a few rings with Pittsburgh. Not too many thiugh, since Walsh and Montana ruled the 80s.
Aeon-Flux Posted: 13:48 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428437
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
Atlanta Falcons vs Green Bay Packers --- Atlanta Falcons(I hope wins)

New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers --- New England Patriots will crush them.

NE VS ATL ... 2 of my 3 fav teams. Will be a good game if it happens. Would like Matt Ryan to get that SuperBowl.
FreezShock Posted: 16:31 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428438
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
Are the Patriots minus Brady even imagineable right now? Imagine when Belichick leaves... it won't be the same lol

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Warrior13 Posted: 16:44 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428439
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Miami will then reign supreme! XD
FreezShock Posted: 17:39 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428440
FreezShock
Tactical Wizard
Post Likes: 85
+
YES!!! MAKE MIAMI GREAT AGAIN!!!

I'm a wandering tactician, here to help those in need. My strategies are yours.
Warrior13 Posted: 21:20 Jan18 2017 Post ID: 3428444
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
It has been a 17 year plan in the making.
Sanzano Posted: 01:25 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428446
Sanzano
+
There's a lot of talk right now of the Miami Dolphins getting rid of Tannehill and picking up Tony Romo when the Cowboys offload him in the offseason. Apparently the Dolphins are trying to decide whether Tannehill is worth the 18 million they will have to pay him if they keep him on the Miami roster in 2017. The delima Miami have is not helped in the fact that the Dolphins have already invested a lot of time and money in Tannehill and the team played well this season. If Miami did pick up Romo they would almost certainly be a playoff team next year.

alanz Posted: 02:20 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428457
alanz
Post Likes: 0
+

Patriots are my fav! Best team ever
Sanzano Posted: 02:45 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428460
Sanzano
+
alanz, I don't know about the best team ever. The 1985 Chicago Bears gets my vote, if you are talking about franchises then the Patriots dynasty has to be up there with the best ever which includes the 60's Packers, 70's Steelers, 80's SF 49rs, and 90's Cowboys.

Warrior13 Posted: 06:01 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428463
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I've only heard Romo to the Broncos so far, if Jerry Jones even lets him go.
Sanzano Posted: 07:47 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428464
Sanzano
+
I don't think the Cowboys can keep Romo, first of all because of his wages and secondly Romo will want to be the starter. The Cowboys will cash him in or maybe trade him for another quality player. Apparently Dak Prescotts base salary is a lot less than Romo's and he's younger so it makes sense to keep him, especially after the season he has just had, I can't remember the Cowboys reaching the NFC Championship game under Romo, if they did he choked in it which is another reason why they will let him go, he doesn't perform in big games.

Warrior13 Posted: 08:07 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428465
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
I don't know, Jerry Jones does some crazy things every so often. They could probably save some money, how much of guarantees I don't know, but they might just keep him if they don't get a good trade offer. I can't see Jones releasing him like Irsay did Peyton for Luck, even if it will saves them some dough. On top of that, they might keep him and restructure his contract, in fear of Dak regressing or have the dreaded "sophomore slump" that so many young QBs do, since it's obvious the Cowboys are in win now mode.
Sanzano Posted: 09:34 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428467
Sanzano
+
I think the best thing for the Cowboys is to restructure Romo's contract now that he is not the starter and try and keep him at Dallas to help Prescott progress and step in when Dak is injured or not playing well. I don't think Romo would go for that though if there is an opportunity somewhere in the league to be a starter. I think it would be foolish to let Romo go unless a great deal emerges because like you say next season Prescott is not a rookie any more, every team in the NFL will have game film on him and will be disecting the way he plays looking for weaknesses during the offseason. I remember Quarterback Rick Mirer the overall second pick in the NFL draft in 1993 who was selected by Seattle had a decent rookie season and during the offseason when going through game film it came to light he couldn't throw to his right, the following year he was hopeless when teams forced him to throw in that direction.

Matt77 Posted: 20:23 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428477
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I've heard that Romo wants to go to Denver but Denver don't want him. So my wild theory about Romo to Miami wasn't wild after all? How old is he? 36? That wouldn't be a good solution because who will Miami ply at QB after Romo retires in 1-2 years? Miami have stuck with Tannehill for all this time. No point dumping him the minute he starts to show improvement.

Even with Romo Miami will seriously struggle to make playoffs next year. Their schedule is brutal. New England twice, Buffalo twice, New York Jets twice, Baltimore, Tennessee, Kansas City, Oakland/Las Vegas*, Denver, Los Angeles Chargers, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, and Carolina. The only easy games in there would be New York Jets twice and maybe Los Angeles Chargers.

* Oakland filed for relocation to Las Vegas

Romo should go to Houston in my opinion. They have the best yardage defense in the league but one of the worst attacks thanks to Brock Osweiller who has one good game every 10 bad games. Denver have some promise at QB with two prospects.

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Warrior13 Posted: 23:07 Jan19 2017 Post ID: 3428478
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Las Vegas Raiders? Can't wait!
Sanzano Posted: 01:31 Jan20 2017 Post ID: 3428479
Sanzano
+
Afraid so, Las Vegas just have to build a stadium for the team...

This is what the stadium is projected to look like. I can't figure out where the Raiders plan on getting their fans from to fill up that stadium as most of the resident in Las Vegas work on the strip in some capacity. Are the Las Vegas Raiders fans going to be tourists? I hope that stadium is air conditioned, I've been to Las Vegas and when it gets hot in the desert the heat is brutal.

« Last edited by Sanzano on Jan 20th 2017 »

Warrior13 Posted: 04:52 Jan21 2017 Post ID: 3428513
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
+
Can't wait for the games tomorrow!
Displaying Page 40 of 462
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | ... | 460 | 461 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close