Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Great Sporting Moments

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Matt77 Posted: 19:38 Oct25 2016 Post ID: 3425008
Matt77
The Chosen One
Post Likes: 275
+
I know many of you here follow at least one sport so in your time following it/them what have been some great moments or matches you can remember? This can be grand finals/superbowls/finals etc, amazing comebacks, massive upset wins/losses, or a specific moment in a game that changed so much.

I have seen several great sporting moments myself. One was the 2015 NRL grand final. The North Queensland Cowboys were trailing 12-16 and they had been on the attack for about 20 consecutive minutes but could not crack through for a score. Then it was last play of the match. They somehow found a gap and ran through for the grand-final tieing score. The kicker (an all-time great of the game) then hit the post on an attempt to convert for the premiership win. They went into extra time and the Cowboys kicked off. Their opposition fumbled the ball off of this kick and handed the Cowboys the ball 3 metres away from the try line. They won with a field goal.

Another was an AFL game this season between my Cats and the Richmond Tigers. We were significantly better in the season than them but they found themselves 35 points ahead at 3QT. We were playing awful. We had kicked 4 goals in the entire match, but managed to kick 6 goals and 9 behinds (15 shots) consecutively to take a 9 point lead with a few minutes to go. Richmond then ran the ball and found a player who had a shot and got the goal. It was 3 points (a goal wins it either way essentially) with 40 seconds left. Richmond got a free kick and kicked it into their forward line. One of their forwards had hands to the ball but dropped it! If he doesn't, they likely steal it. Geelong went in to win the game somehow.

I have more but you'd be here forever. I'll share others later. What are some you've seen?

ViolinViolinViolin
~ Sometimes people change, but sometimes you just open your eyes & realise who they truly are ~

Warrior13 said:I realized Matt is the Chosen One of SC.

Credits to KingofCorn for the awesome avatar!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Sanzano Posted: 01:59 Oct26 2016 Post ID: 3425028
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Has to be when Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson the undisputed, undefeated heavyweight champion at the time. Douglas was a 30-1 against the baddest man on the planet when they fought in Tokyo. For one night Douglas resembled Muhammad Ali and dismantled Tyson with boxing skills nobody thought he had. Everyone around the world was watching in disbelief as Tyson got KO'd.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close