Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Crash Team Racing

Nitros Oxide mystery discussion thread; FAQ and general assistance included

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 24
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 22 | 23 | Last     Next
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 17:35 Sep17 2005 Post ID: 418757
Cipher_Wizard
Post Likes: 0
+
+
In this forum, people can ask any questions they want about CTR and DigDugDude or I will answer them. Others may also give answers as well, but DigDug and I are the most frequent posters on this forum. As an added bonus, you are entitled to read my upcoming report on the mystery of N.Oxide,which is dated for sometime next week or sooner.

Note: During the days of Monday and Thursday, I won't be here as much. However, I will usually be here on weekends =)

Excuse my double-post all, but this is quite important. Here is a
Questions and Answers format, if you ask any questions listed here already, we will be mad at you. =D

Examples

Q: How can I get Penta Penguin? All my friends are talking about him.
A:Read the forum entitled "Penta Penguin: Good Or Bad?" On page one I posted the code.

Q: How do I unlock N.Tropy?
A: Beat all his ghost records in Time Trial mode.

Q: I did beat all his records, in Relic Race too! He's not there!
A: NO, not the 9:59:00 records, get a really good time and he'll challenge you. You gotta do this in every track.

Q: Oxide is so hard! Help me beat him!
A: Just avoid all his crates and fire missiles at him. Then, after you're ahead, drop lots of obstacles; he'll crash into them quite easily.

Q: How do I race as Oxide?
A: You CAN'T, unless you have a Gameshark, and even then I'm not sure if there's a proper code. By beating his records, you get a SCRAPBOOK at the main menu. The rumors are false. So forget it.

Q: Cipher_Wizard is a LIAR! Don't believe him! I got Oxide I'm racing my cousin with him right now! HAHA Cipher your wrong and I didnt use gameshark but I'm not telling how I got him cuz you guys r too thick 2 find out yerselves!

A: You just won't say nothing because you don't have it, that's the oldest trick in the book. Anyway, nobody believes you, yer probably just racing your cousin with N.Tropy. Look, if you want anybody to believe you, post the code or strategy and somebody will test it out. I myself will still try other methods to obtain Oxide, but nobody'll believe you unless they see it. That's the way the world is.

These are most frequently asked questions. I hear them all the time.

« Last edited by Cipher_Wizard on Sep 15th 2006 »
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:06 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421109
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No need to double-post, CW. Just copy/paste this back to your first post and then I'll edit this one.

OK then, that's sorted out.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 16:17 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421134
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
How do you copy/paste?
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:22 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421141
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You highlight everything then right-click somewhere on the text and left-click "copy."

Then click "edit" on your post, right click where you need to, and then officialize the change.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 16:25 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421147
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Thanks. Now I don't have to double post.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:37 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421174
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Glad I could help.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 16:39 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421177
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Glad I could help you too. "Help" meaning raise this forum's popularity,of course.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:41 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421182
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
This forum would have never even passed 30 if it wasn't for you.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 16:57 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421244
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
I feel proud of myself for doing that=D
DigDug Dude Posted at: 17:03 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421259
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
You're the Wirard who worked magic, and I'm the president who helped you out along the way.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 17:05 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421265
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Yes. We are a formidable duo when it comes to posting.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 17:10 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421281
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Posting in this forum, you mean. We haven't been as good in Blue.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 17:13 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421291
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
No, we don't seem to be on at the same time in Blue.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 17:17 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421304
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It wouldn't have been the same anyway.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 17:22 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421322
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
True, I know a lot more about CTR than Blue.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 17:35 Sep18 2005 Post ID: 421357
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm about equal in knowledge but that's because CTR doesn't have as much to learn.
Romney '08!
Rayquaza2233 Posted at: 10:42 Sep19 2005 Post ID: 422378
Rayquaza2233
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I've started posting here too! =D
What's there to say? My site's closed.
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 14:20 Sep19 2005 Post ID: 422668
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Excellent! DigDug and I are trying to out-post all other Playstation games and gain the title as Most Popular PS1 Game. Will you help us?
DigDug Dude Posted at: 15:21 Sep19 2005 Post ID: 422829
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hopefully he will.

I hope it's not just greed so he can be a moderator.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 15:56 Sep19 2005 Post ID: 422881
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
The Truth About Nitros Oxide

Dear reader or readers,

This report has been constructed using bits and pieces of information I derived from code books, websites, and asking around. If you are not a player of Crash Team Racing(referred to in this report as CTR) then it is quite likely that you will not understand a word of this report, and you will also be wasting your precious time gazing confused at your computer screen, like you are now, and you will probably grab a dictionary to look up the word "Aku Aku".
If you are a player of CTR, then you should understand what I have to say and I hope you will learn a thing or two. I will end my opening paragraph with one word: Enjoy!

My report begins with a question asked by almost every player of CTR: " How can I use N.Oxide?" Well, in this report is the answer to this infamous question. As we all know, N.Oxide is a very fast driver. This is proven by his ghost records and the battle in Oxide Station. You all may think that he's an easy pushover who you could drive circles around, well you're actually wrong. Ever stopped to notice that N.Oxide doesn't use many turbo pads? And have you thought of all the Tracking Missiles and Warp Orbs and Nitro crates you had to use to stop him? Put it this way: If you and he were racing one-on-one with no weapons, turbo pads, or secret codes, who do you think would win?

There are several people who believe that this unbelievably fast martian can be obtained by defeating all of his best times in Time Trial mode. But this is false. By doing this, you are only rewarded with full access to the Scrapbook, and I want you to know that this is dissapointing to me too. You wouldn't believe the crazy rumors I've heard. I've heard stupid ones like this one: You can use Ripper Roo in Adventure Mode. Go to Roo's Tubes. Make sure he doesn't laugh at all during the course and finish it in under 1 minute. If you do it right, Ripper Roo will change to Sane Roo. Race in Roo's Tubes once again. Pause for ten minutes after each lap so Sane Roo can have his ten-minute tea and crumpets break. If you don't, he'll cry and turn into Mr.Pop 'n Fresh. Mr Pop n' Fresh uses chef hats instead of mask shields. After you finish the race, you are N.Oxide and you are on the planet Gasmoxia. There you can race the Teletubbies, two over-rated pop stars, and some two other characters I forgot. How stupid is THAT?!

There may be a Gameshark code to race as N.Oxide in other modes of the game, but it CANNOT be done in Adventure or without a Gameshark or other cheating system. A working start code has not yet been discovered. Controversary to what I said earlier, the codes or whether there are codes is not yet confirmed.

I can recite five good reasons why N.Oxide would not be available anyway. Here it is:

1. Oxide is very fast. His car bears six exhaust pipes.
2. Oxide drives a hover car. Its slight position above the ground can give Oxide advantages when he takes jumping shortcuts in courses such as Hot Air Skyway, Sewer Speedway, Polar Pass, Papu Pyramid,or any other course I forgot.
3. Oxide has the largest vehicle in the game, giving him the advantage to cut others off in cramped straightways or push others into walls or obstacles.
4. Oxide's car absorbs less damage than an average kart, it wouldn't be fair if Crash and he both got bashed by a Tracking Missile and Oxide kept going without even stopping.
5. Oxide's stats are balanced at level five. Way too unfair.

The Nitros Oxide rumor arose shortly after people unlocked the other bosses, Ripper Roo, Papu Papu, Komodo Joe, and Pinstripe. It has haunted CTR experts for years, keeping them from announcing that they have truly completed the video game. Well, you can now say that you have. That's right. The Nitros Oxide rumor is FALSE. I say this because nobody has shown me a proper code or strategy and I have several followers who agree with me, namely DigDugDude, Chrissieboy, CheatingKing10,and others around my neighborhood and on other forum websites. I promise to post the code if it is found and confirmed.

In conclusion, the rumor about N.Oxide is false until proof is given. I wrote this because many people are being fooled by these stories and work their behinds off for nothing.

Written by Cipher_Wizard
Displaying Page 1 of 24
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 22 | 23 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close