Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Metroid Prime

Your Metroid Prime Theories

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:03 Jan09 2006 Post ID: 606946
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Got any theories about the Metroid Prime storyline or something scientific in the game? Post it here.

Theory 1: Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime orginated with a little Metroid hatchling, of course. It grew into an Alpha Metroid, then a Beta, and then into a Gamma Metroid. But then, on the surface of Tallon IV one day, the meteor carrying the toxic Phazon crashed on the surface of the planet, and the Gamma Metroid... well... somehow got involved in the Phazon spewed everywhere. Years later, Space Pirates were on a mining expedition through the crater impact zone, which they entered via the Phazon Mines, and mined the Phazon there. As they did, they came across the Gamma Metroid that had once been a normal Metroid, though now infused with Phazon. If you know what a Gamma Metroid looks like, then you will see it looks very similar to Metroid Prime. Anyway, Metroid Prime grew on and on, the Space Pirates well aware of it's existence, and released the pollution of burning Phazon for energy- orange Phazon, right in the crater. They may have done this to make sure Metroid Prime doesn't escape, I don't know. So, eventually, Samus Aran came along, but by the time she had come, the Chozo had already built a protective temple over the impact zone, and Samus had to make her way through it. She battled Metroid Prime and defeated it.

But after defeating it in it's final form, Metroid Prime lashed out with a tentacle of it's core essense, detecting the Phazon in her corrupted Phazon Suit, and ended up stealing her DNA and the Phazon in her suit in the process. It started growing in size as it had absorbed the DNA and Phazon. Left now with the Gravity Suit again, Samus escaped the crater before explosion and escaped Tallon IV safely.

A few years later, after the incident on Tallon IV, Metroid Prime had created Dark Samus by fusing the DNA from Samus and Phazon within it. If you ever defeated the game Metroid Prime with 100% items, then you will find that after defeat, a large black hand resembling Samus's left hand of her Phazon Suit will reach out of the crater. There is a big eye on it that watches you for a moment, then blinks. Well, if you look at Dark Samus's left hand, you will also find that it, too, has an eye on the back of her left hand, and her left hand, as with the rest of her body, is black, like the hand that reached out of the crater. The eye, I think, on Dark Samus's hand, is only visible when she is in her 4th form, I don't know.

I hypothesize that Metroids created Phazon. And with their connection to it... I have reason to believe in this. I wonder if Space Pirates somehow fiddled around with Metroids in their experiments to make them produce Phazon?...

Theory 2: Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime CE, Metroid Prime 2, Metroids, Blue Phazon, and Orange Phazon
Further reseach and thinking has lead me to the conclusion of Metroid Prime's digestive system and its relation to Phazon. It comes down to this: if Metroid Prime eats food, then its body converts it to blue Phazon for it to use as energy. If Metroid Prime consumes Phazon, then its body automatically uses it as energy. When the blue Phaozn is used and disgested, it is changed to a state of high toxicity and radiation- orange Phazon- which is expelled by unknown means. This theory has lead me to the conclusion also that Space Pirate technology isn't the only thing that can produce orange Phazon. But, this does prove theoretically that the path to Metroid Prime's lair covered in orange Phazon was its doing, and most likely not the doing of the Space Pirates.
I have, alas, discovered a few more things about orange Phazon. It seems to me that orange Phazon gives whatever becomes of it the abilities of fission and elemental shielding. This has become apparent in Fission Metroids... they, dwellers of the only place in the game where orange Phazon is located, possess the ability to fissure when they are exposed to energy. I am assuming the energy from Samus's weaponry endow the Fission Metroids with an igniting charge that allows them to fissure into two Metroids, which is why nothing can kill them, because they absorb the firepower and convert it into something that stimulates the orange Phazon within them so fast that it is impossible to kill all of the Fission Metroids fast enough to eradicate them permanently. This fission ability is highly unstable due to the highly unstable effects of orange Phazon. As I said above, orange Phazon also has the ability to endow its victims with the ability of elemental shielding. As such, Fission Metroids, after fissuring, begin to make a show of this ability by becoming resistant to all weaponry, save for one. Whatever resistance will come of the new Fission Metroids after fission is completely and absolutely random, once again due to the erratic and unstable effects of orange Phazon. These effects of orange Phazon are very apparent if you think about it- it's not just a coincidence that all of the Metroids spawning within the one place in the game where orange Phazon appear just happen to possess the ability to of elemental shielding and fissure while all of the other Metroids throughout Tallon IV do not. And whether the Metroids are exposed to blue Phazon or no Phazon does not matter, they simply cannot fissure unless exposed to orange Phazon. These effects of orange Phazon are also apparent in Metroid Prime- Metroid Prime, in its first form, is invincible to all except one beam weapon Samus has in her arsenal, and if you have ever battled it before, you will know this. Metroid Prime also has the ability to change which element it is vulernable to at will- two more reasons to believe that Metroid Prime is related to the orange Phazon, because if it can control orange Phazon within its body at will and is under the effects of it, then it's not like there's anything else to say about it. One thing that makes me curious, though- whenever Metroid Prime changes what its vulernability is, there is a flash of blue Phazon radiation from its body instead of orange Phazon radiation. If you don't know what I mean, take a look at blue Phazon and observe the small black orbs enveloped in indigo that rise from blue Phazon compounds- and then observe the small black orbs enveloped in orange that rise from orange Phazon compounds. That's what I means by radiation. And as I said- I see blue Phazon radiation when Metroid Prime is using its abilities related to orange Phazon- something that still continues to confuse me. Anyway, getting back to orange Phazon effects again, Metroid Prime may not seem to possess the ability to fission, but you do catch a glimpse of it before you escape the Impact Crater. You know when you kill Metroid Prime's core essense it begins to multiply briefly into several clones of itself, but keeps withdrawing back into one form again and again? That's where the fission ability kicks in. The reason it can't fission probably has to do with Metroid Prime's nucleus being too complex of a molecular structure to clone itself. I say this because in the real world, the more complex molecules with 250 and 260 and soforth atoms in them appear to either be more unstable or more radioactive (or both), or so that's my guess, I don't know much about those types of elements. Anyway, I'm trying to relate Phazon to these elements as having an extremely high atomic number, making it incredibly unstable, erractic, and furthermore radioactive. As you might have guessed, orange Phazon has a greater atomic number than blue Phazon. So anyway, relating Phazon to atomic numbers goes right back to relating this complexity bit to the nucleus of Metroid Prime- it is the core component and factory of Phazon, and its molecular structure is very large because of this, making cloning, perhaps, even a little too unstable for even orange Phazon to handle. If the Phazon weren't so unstable, ideally the orange Phazon might have been able to make the process complete and for Metroid Prime's core essense to fully clone itself without instability problems. Due to the instability, though, its form could not complete itself, so it multiplied very briefly into several forms at once, which were instantly trashed by more oncoming instability problems. In the end, the nulceus intook all of the Phazon energy it possed and instead of multiplying itself, it grew to massive size, possibly to prevent total atomic instability and disruption. This is where the thing floats in the air for a moment, scanning for Phazon in the area. I suppose that this sudden size change has something to do with taking all of what would have been the clones and combining them, causing a huge growth spurt. As it scans the vicinity for Phazon, it detects the Phazon in Samus's suit and absorbs it, as you may have read in my first theory. The DNA and all of the Phazon in her suit was so much data that the nucleus just simply blew up.

So, that pretty much sums it up for Metroid Prime... for now. And another thing to prove that it relates to orange Phazon- the core essense of it it capable of spawning Fission Metroids. Before I roll on to the Metroid breed theories I have composed, I have noticed a common similarity throughout more powerful Phazon bodies. It seems that blue Phazon has an ability orange Phazon does not- the ability to render whatever controls it invisible. Not all creatures can do this, but this trait is evident in Metroid Prime's core essense when it turn invisible after spawning Phazon, Dark Samus, and in Invisible Bombus, though I am only theorizing that the Invisible Bombus are as they are because of Phazon mutation, not because I really know why. I came up with the theory they are invisible because they always seem to patrol areas loaded with Phazon.

Getting on into more theories now, I have come up with another theory about Metroids. There are three breeds of Metroids- the regular breed, the blue Phazon breed, and the orange Phazon breed. The regular breed is the pure, natural breed of Metroids consisting of the Alpha Metroid, Beta Metroid, Gamma Metroid, Zeta Metroid, Omega Metroid, and then the Queen Metroid. The blue Phazon breed is the breed that results from blue Phazon exposure. In its assembly is the Tallon Beta Metroid and then the Hunter Metroid. Then, there's the orange Phazon breed, which consists of one Metroid- the Fission Metroid. There's not much to say here, really- when a beta Metroid is exposed to blue Phazon, it begins to follow the blue Phazon breed. The same goes for the orange Phazon breed. However, there may be more of both Phazon breeds due to lack of everything that Samus has seen yet. In other words, the orange Phazon breed may have a Gamma, Zeta, Omega, and Queen form just like the natural breed. As for the blue Phazon breed, we have had yet to see anything beyond the Hunter Metroid, so whatever was to come after it is unknown by far. Before I move on, I want to point out some strange flaws in Tallon and Fission Metroids compared to regular Metroids. Tallon and Fission Metroids can both be hurt by any weapon, and though the Tallon Metroid can be more than just hurt but killed by any weapon, the Fission Metroid will fissure into an invulernable form. Anyway, my point is that regular Metroids, untouched by Phazon, must be frozen with the Ice Beam, then struck with 5 Missles in order to be killed, while the Tallon Metroid can be killed by anything. Regular Metroids, also, can't be hurt by anything but Missles, and that can only happen when they are frozen. That doesn't work with Tallon and Fission, as I said, they can be hurt by any weapon and don't need to be frozen to be killed. This is an effect of Phazon mutation. An odd effect really- Phazon is supposed to provide elemental protection, but it did just the opposite and took what was once invulernable to everything and made it invulernable to nothing. Also, Phazon causes cancer and cell degeneration due to its radiation, so Tallon Metroids are prone to live shorter lives than regular Metroids. I have seen this apparent because I'll be battling several Tallon Metroids, and I'll deal some damage to one of them and it'll spark with electrons and I'll be fighting another one, when suddenly, the Metroid I just attacked blows up suddenly. Oh, and one more thing- have you noticed how after a while of attacking a Metroid it will become temporarily invulernable, grows is size a little, and sparks with a small burst of electricity? Those are the electrons from its nuclei. I think it has to do with the comflict of the conflict of the Phazon and Metroid's ability to absorb energies that it used to naturally be able to do.
More about Metroids- why do they latch themselves on the heads of creatures to absorb their life energy? Well, firstly, the Metroids aren't abosrbing their 'life energy' as it is so called, and secondly, it latches on creature's head to get this 'life energy'. It's the electrons they thirst, not the creature's soul. And they latch onto the creature's head because that is where the brain is located, and, of course, the brain is just a wonderful source of electrons. As you know, mental fatigue leads to weariness- an effect that always seems to come of Metroid victims before they die. And you know what's also cool? The interior of the outer shell of a Metroid's body isn't composed of jelly- its composed of water. This would make sense, since electricity travels well through water, and the Metroid feeds off electrons. The electrons travel through the water in its body and make their way toward the nucleus at the center, which magnetically pulls the electrons to it. As I told you earlier, brains contain large amounts of electrons, and the the three nuclei in the center of a Metroid's body- the three brains that it runs off of- use those electrons it feeds on to make itself more powerful.

Theory 3: Metroid Composition
From the studies I have done, I have been able to figure out exactly what Metroids are composed of. As I said at the end of my second theory, they feed off electrons, not life energy.
To break it down, Metroids come in five basic parts- the triple-nucleus, the electronucleic wiring, water, the copper claws, and the electron absorption system. The triple-nucleus is, obviously, the brain of the Metroid. The electronucleic wiring, meanwhile, are the wires that extend from the tri-nucleus onto the inner-shell of the Metroid. These are good for absorbing loose electrons and conducting them in towards the tri-nucleus, hence ‘electronucleic’. As you learned from the previous theory, the water inside the shell of the Metroid is used to better conduct electricity. Meanwhile... if you have ever played Super Smash Brothers Melee and you have obtained the Metroid trophy, you will notice that it’s claws are golden in color- like copper. Of course, copper happens to conduct electricity very well, which proves that the claws of a Metroid are probably composed of it. On top of that, there is the electron absorption system, which is everything I have noted put together, plus the Metroid’s ability to absorb the electrons. I am assuming that the absorption ability is caused by electromagnetic reactions caused within the Metroid’s body.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sheiny Posted at: 16:18 May01 2006 Post ID: 809351
sheiny
+
+
Geez - looks like you're the only one who has any theories lol!
And, after taking the time to actually read them - they do make sense!
[center]HERE TO ANSWER YOUR GAMING QUESTIONS & HELP YOU BEAT THOSE GAMES!
[color=red][b]2,000+ POINTS & ALWAYS GROWING!!![/color]
I FINALLY GOT MY WII & WII LOVE IT!!!!![/b][/center]
Letterbomb Posted at: 23:34 Jun24 2006 Post ID: 884006
Letterbomb
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Very impressive theories, however, you didn't mention anything about the space pirates. It seems that your theory about phazon was the most intresting to me. It fits in along with the way the Omega Pirate operates. Just as blue phazon gives its controller the ability to render itself invisible to the naked eye, the cells in its brain diminish so that it becomes ruthless enough to destroy its enemies as well as its allies. When it sends out its beam troopers, it will destroy them with a shockwave of phazon energy while damaging Samus in the process. However, one mutation of the Omega Pirate that you didn't cover in your theory was incredible power. But it isn't just the blue phazon that gives creatures this power, orange phazon gives creatures powerful enought to withstand radiation incredible power. For others like the Lumigek, it destroys them on contact. The orange phazon gives Fission Metroids not only the power to divide, but it gives them added defense. And Metroid Prime, it has unsurpassed power in the family of metroids. Come to think of it, what's your theory about how Samus's power suit works?

« Last edited by Letterbomb on Jun 26th 2006 »
sheiny Posted at: 10:44 Aug13 2006 Post ID: 986012
sheiny
+
+
I don't know what happened to darkboarder_77 - he hasn't been around in a LONG time, like since he Posted those Theories in January.
He sure was quite the Metroid whiz!
[center]HERE TO ANSWER YOUR GAMING QUESTIONS & HELP YOU BEAT THOSE GAMES!
[color=red][b]2,000+ POINTS & ALWAYS GROWING!!![/color]
I FINALLY GOT MY WII & WII LOVE IT!!!!![/b][/center]
Ichigo Kurosaki Posted at: 09:33 Jul03 2009 Post ID: 2663974
Ichigo Kurosaki
+
+
I think Phazon is actually dark matter.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close