Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Super Cheats Times - Issue 4

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
annefranman52 Posted: 11:23 Feb02 2006 Post ID: 652470
annefranman52
Post Likes: 0
+
Welcome to the 4th edition of the SC times! Things still aren't up to scratch, but we think that this issue is a big step forward.

Latest News

These past few weeks on SC haven't been the best ever. Many loved members have left, for different reasons. The question is, is Super Cheats getting boring? This is obviously the opinion of some members, is it yours?

Darkboarder_77, the recently appointed Super Moderator has been temporarily demodded. This was because he needed a break. Hopefully DB_77 will return and reclaim his position, but will he? This question remains unanswered.

Sister site updates - Courtesy of jimbow89

Totalcheats.com

*A site that has been out for years, now is a SC look alike but with the need of members, what it has is question and answers members can submit, you can submit cheats, and hints as well, Also SC styled forums, and it's great there is no post qouta but there is a topic qouta, so feel free to post alot if you want, there are a stats page with the top ten submitters, and also Moderator spots are opened in all forums!

Cheats365.com
*A great site and it's brand new has very little active places and very little forums are opened to apply to be a Moderator, the biggest forum is still opened for the people that want to apply but they may close soon, and you can also submit cheats and hints to the site, but the stats page isin't open to the public just yet, there any many people that has posted on the site but just not enough activity.

Update 2

Totalcheats.com
The stats page finally works correctly... also notice the general speaking forum getting near 2,000 post already, and the Game boards are a little slow right at the moment maybe in about a week or two they will be up and running as well as the general speaking forum is, soon some members will be able to post and make topics freely for the first time since everyone besides Rich is under a post qouta, and topic qouta... So please join the site and talk to many others waiting to see newer faces!

Cheats365.com
Getting some activity, and maybe a few new members here and there, also the general speaking forum there is over 5,000 post but it could be 6,000 post i aint for cetian yet on that... also Moderator positions are still available in the best forums so join and apply now!

Super Cheats forums History! - Courtesy of nintendo_dude

August 31st 2004 - February 2005: The best days of the forums. The forums were really fun back then. As February 2005 ends most of the members around this period start leaving. Pity because they were all my best friends. Few members from this time remain.

March 2005: The arrival of Moderators. Makes the forums cleaner but a lot more boring. All we needed was a Super Mod or two. But Aeshma arrived this month so this month was actually a good thing too.

April 2005 - Present day: most of the remaining members from the beginning have gone by this time. Most topics are so damn boring. Teams and Clans becomes popular and turns into a spam farm.

And here's a history of the site's most well known members:

TeamSuperCheats (March 16 2003 - present day): Created the site and is a brilliant Admin.

Sanzano (August 23rd 2003 - present day): The other Admin, is also brilliant.

Aeshma (March 27 2005 - present day): Although became a staff member when his account was still young Rich never turned back. Brilliant Super Mod.

Cross Stinger (January 10 2004 - present day): May be a little inactive but also a brilliant Super Mod and submitter. Amazing on Pok�mon knowledge.

nintendo_dude (April 18 2003 - February 16 2004 (first account), June 13 2003 - February 16 2004 (second account), February 17 2004 - present day): The hard boiled Super Mod. Broke the record for most submissions in a month and top poster on the site on two occassions. Although he's rubbish at pretty much everything here. One of the reasons is because he's quite aggressive (note him being the hard boiled Super Mod, no I do not have any boils), but he does have amazing knowledge on Final Fantasy VII.

Darkboader_77 (February 21 2004 - present day): Likes dark stuff. Great Super Mod. Just feels too down on himself. Might secretly be a merman.

Spideraman99 (August 30 2004 - present day): Great Super Mod and has great knowledge on all the old-school pok�mon games too.

ILoveMissyElliott (July 12 2005 - present day): This he-she person is a great Super Mod but he likes crap music. Has the highest post count on the site.

Koolkid24: (November 10 - present day): Great Super Mod, but has a low post count.

Bad Wolf (Sometime in August 2005 - December 2005 (had a first acocunt called Cez too): Only will go down in SC history for being an ******* and doing illegal stuff on the site.

Raikou (September 9 2004 - February 16 2005): The best at Role Play

Please tune in for more news next time!
annefranman52 Posted: 11:26 Feb02 2006 Post ID: 652471
annefranman52
+
Games reviews

WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2006

For WWE fans, this is the game you need. The previous games have been great, and this one is no different. The added features make this game, in my opinion, the best of 2005. These features include a General manager mode, where you take contol of the action, and fulfill your fantasy. Please read on to find out more.

Graphics

You can't get much better when it comes to graphics. The superstars are even more detailed than before, with better facial expressions than ever before. The cutscenes are what makes the graphics so speial, it's as though it's real life. That just gives you an idea of how good and well developed this game is.

Sound

Some great songs on this game. There are lots of tracks which suit WWE, although it may have been better with John Cena's "bad bad man" on. The commentary is better than ever. They don't actually talk about something completely different in every match, or repeat the same thing over and over again.
Good sound, not much more that could be added.

Gameplay

Great gameplay. The combos are brilliant and now with the ability to perform dirty finishers, steal taunts and steal your opponents finishers. The superstars charactristics really stand out as well. If you are a superstar such as Eugene, you can even notice his confused look while wrestling.
Better than ever before!

Lastability

I could play this game for months. There is so much to do, from season mode, to challenges. Collecting all the trphys is a huge challenge, which will leave you playing the game for a while just trying to get them all. There are loads of challenges to complete, matches to win and modes to complete.

Great lastabilty!

Overall

A superb game, the best WWE game ever in my opinion. This gameplay and these graphics put together one incredible game. With everythign to do, and things to unlock, this years Smackdown! Is just about perfect. This game is so good, I doubt next years will be able to compete.

Fantastic game, 93%.

Pokemon Sapphire

Introduction

Anyone out there not sure about getting Pokemon sapphire? This review will convince you because it will tell you just how much there is to do on the game and to make you decide whether this is the game for you. It includes over 200 Pokemon and an extra 186 if you trade from fire red, leaf green or even the Gamecube's excellent Pokemon Colliseum

Graphics

The graphics are extremely good such as the trainers are well detailed and so are the pokemon. The Pokemon look good in battle and really does use the GBA's full potential. The one bad thing which doesn't really matter is that there are no animations like on Pokemon crystal.

Sound

At first the sound is joyful and exciting because of the fast tempo but after a while it's gets very annoying so you just have to turn the volume down. Also it is very frustrating when you are low on health and it bleeps like a bus in reverse! It just can't beat the original red or blue music

Gameplay

This is the games strongest point. When you capture your first wurmple or zigzagoon, you are hooked from the start. You will start to build up your Pokemon team and will have to make desicions like choosing a new partner and abondoning others. The battling is exciting as it builds up your pokemon's experience and helps it towards evolving.

Lastability

People may say that all Pokemon games get boring when you win the Pokemon league but they are wrong. Not only is there a fantastic storyline leading up to glory in the Pokemon league, there is loads to do when you finish the game. E.g. Get 5 stars on your trainer card by collecting all 200 or 386 Pokemon, 100 wins in the battle tower, win the master rank in the newly added Pokemon contests, the Pokemon league and defeating all 70 trainers. You could play this game for months and months.

Overall

In conclusion, Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire are games for all ages. This is because of the wide variety of things to do and the fact that they are incredibly addictive. The gameplay and lastability are a good combination and a great credibility to the game. Although the sound is annoying the graphics make up for this and make sapphire and ruby good value for money

Final Score 86%
koolkid24 Posted: 15:14 Feb02 2006 Post ID: 652888
koolkid24
Post Likes: 1
+
Xbox360 News

January 2006 System Update for Xbox 360
This free Xbox 360? update is great news! We've been listening to what the community has been telling us, so we're happy to announce that this update will improve your gaming experience.

Here are some of the changes in this update:

*Improvements to the Xbox Guide.
*Option to retain your saved games when you delete a profile.
*Increased accuracy of "last time played."
*Network configuration improvements for Xbox Live� members in the Netherlands.
*More detailed messaging for unreadable disk or region errors.

This free* update is available to all Xbox Live members. Your console will be updated the next time you sign in to Xbox Live.

Call of Duty 2 updated for xbox360

Auto fix-it from Infinity Ward addresses issues with corrupted saved-game files; multiplayer lag issues being worked on.
There's nothing like risking life and limb on foreign soil by crawling through the mud in minefields, dodging enemy fire from MP40s and Panzerschrecks, and watching comrades get riddled with bullets--only to have to go through it again because of a corrupted game-save file. That was the case for some Xbox 360 Call of Duty 2 players, who found that when they returned to the virtual battlefield, their hard-won progress had been deleted.

Today, developer Infinity Ward announced that it has released an update for the game that will let the war go on. On a post in the Xbox.com forums, a user by the name of "IWsupport" writes that the update "addresses a save game corruption issue that affected player progression for some people within the single player saved campaigns."

One other complaint of the critically well-received game deals with the multiplayer portion of the game. Game lag, or network latency, has caused several Xbox Live users to cry foul, saying the multiplayer portion is unplayable. IWsupport's post reveals that the team is currently looking into those issues and will hopefully be able to resolve them.

"We are pleased to announce that we are testing a number of multiplayer enhancements to the community, including addressing the lag issues. We are working really hard on these updates. Development is a timely process and we appreciate your patience."

PS3 News

Call of Duty & Spider-Man for PS3

Updated job listings are, once again, giving indications of new developments for Sony's PlayStation 3.

The job positions of Programmer, Tools Programmer and Graphics Programmer are for Treyarch Development Studio, and are needed for two Activision-published games, specifically Spider-Man and Call of Duty.

Although it is well known that Activision is involved with these two popular franchises, the job listings state that the recruitment is for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

It is believed that with the next Spider-Man movie due out in 2007, the game that will appear on PlayStation 3 will coincide with the movie release. Unfortunely, no other information has been revealed. Call of Duty is an even more mysterious title, as the PS3 iteration could follow a port of Call of Duty 3 from PC, or may go in the direction of the Treyarch-produced "Big Red One".

We'll keep you up to date on any developments.

I'm Back!!
koolkid24 Posted: 15:20 Feb02 2006 Post ID: 652900
koolkid24
+
Playstation 3 FAQ - The Vital Answers

When will PS3 come out?
At the end of a promotional video played during the PlayStation 3 launch event, the words ?Spring 2006? were displayed on the screen ? thus implying the console will be released sometime during this period. When exactly, and to which countries, is currently unknown. The rumors, however, point to a worldwide launch in March 2006.

How much will it cost?
Typically the last two generations of the PlayStation have been priced at around $300 at launch. Both have continuously decreased in price year on year into their life, its quite likely PS3 will do the same. It's not known how much it will cost but around $300 is probably a fair guess, as this is the maximum price most gamers would be willing to pay. There are some unexpected extra features, such as the 2 HDMI outputs and 3 Gigabit RJ45 LAN connections, that will likely drive the price tag up a fair amount!

Will PS3 play PS2 and PS1 games?
Yes! They will! Sony Computer Entertainment boss Ken Kutaragi has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 will feature backwards compatibility with the PS2 and PSone, ensuring continued support for older software formats in the new hardware. Later it was confirmed again at the Sony?s E3 conference that the PS3 will be fully backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 games. There hasn?t been any confirmation though if the PS3 will make PS2 games look better when playing like the PS2 did with PS1 games.

What will PS3 look like?
The PS3 design was unveiled at Sony?s E3 conference. It has an ?outward feel? compared to the Xbox360?s ?inward feel?. The console is approximately 13.5 inches in length and 3.5 inches wide as reported by IGN. This in contrast to the PS2 design is much larger and is closer in size to the original Xbox in size. The console?s ?outward? design gives it a larger footprint for the console to stand vertically on its own without an add-on stand. The drive bay sits on the right side like the PS2 but instead of using a tray the discs slide into the drive much like a car CD player. Also the drive sits slightly back in the design giving the console a reminiscent look to the original Nintendo Entertainment System. Finally the console has the words ?Playstation3? across the side in a font that is very close to the font used in Sony Pictures? Spiderman movie.

How powerful will the PS3 be?
On paper, the PS3 is 2x more powerful than the Xbox 360 and 15x more powerful than the Nintendo Revolution is predicted to be. It has a processing capacity of 2.18 TFLOPS, which is put into context when you realise the FASTEST computers in existence can only do 36 Terraflops. It is said to be 35x more powerful than the PlayStation 2 is.

Will PS3 games be playable online?
Yes, at Sony?s E3 conference they confirmed that Sony will have an online service very comparable to Microsoft?s Xbox Live service.

*Any Information In This Article May Not Be Finale*
I'm Back!!
koolkid24 Posted: 22:01 Feb06 2006 Post ID: 663665
koolkid24
+
I made a video for the SC members and hope you all like it http://media.putfile.com/Movie2676.
I'm Back!!
Rooku Posted: 18:37 Feb07 2006 Post ID: 665230
Rooku
+
Forumsvibe is now open! http://forumsvibe.com !!
ÄßßÉ- well. isn't this just interesting?
annefranman52 Posted: 15:46 Feb08 2006 Post ID: 666804
annefranman52
+
Confusion!

Confusion struck many members yesterday, especially nintendo_dude. The "hard-bolied" super mod was yesterday without his important status. To clear the confusion, Rich says that it was probably just a glitch with the system. So just to clear things up, nintendo_dude remains super mod.
Tornado212 Posted: 21:54 Feb09 2006 Post ID: 669157
Tornado212
+
Comic Topic
insted of posting the comics in the issues, ill be making its own topic because i have things to do and somethines i cant keep up with the issues.
jImBoW89 Posted: 17:31 Feb10 2006 Post ID: 670836
jImBoW89
+
TOTALCHEATS.COM UPDATE
? General Speaking... Now has Mods :: AeonFlux, The Grim Reaper, Acceber, smoke_is_dead.
? Video Games Boards Mods :: Still Opened to apply, all are open.
? More Members seak in, and a few get banned... Bam Bam Boom:Banned:, and lancedance:Banned:... Besides that great members are there.
? Submissions - The Stats board is reading 3 members with over 80 submissions now, others are below 20, you may wanna see that.
? Looking Still For New Faces!

And don't forget to join now!
yossy666 Posted: 23:16 Feb10 2006 Post ID: 671829
yossy666
+
Big Cheat!

the latest, and quoting rich, last cheats forum, known as bigcheat.com is officially open! as with totalcheats, it has been around for a few years, but only recently became a forum. only five members or so have joined so far (me, ggb, and some others) but lets try and get it moving!
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
koolkid24 Posted: 21:52 Feb11 2006 Post ID: 675672
koolkid24
+
A New Video For The Supercheats Members

I have a new video and it is better then the first take a look
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53S2nZtav0Y
I'm Back!!
GameHazard Posted: 04:27 Feb12 2006 Post ID: 676493
GameHazard
+
www.exteremespeed.com

extremespeed is now open for fast large file sending!
gogobananas Posted: 06:45 Feb15 2006 Post ID: 683645
gogobananas
+
Unbanned

The Notorius outlaws 'gogobannas' and 'Bad Wolf' have been unbanned. What will happen next? who knows?
Team SuperCheats Posted: 06:49 Feb15 2006 Post ID: 683652
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
Dunno... Probably they will get rebanned Smile
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
gogobananas Posted: 06:52 Feb15 2006 Post ID: 683659
gogobananas
+
WE shall see, we shall see... Thank you Rich for letting me back!!!!
Rooku Posted: 11:06 Feb15 2006 Post ID: 684201
Rooku
+
YaY!! He is back! I gope you learned a lesson!
ÄßßÉ- well. isn't this just interesting?
gogobananas Posted: 19:13 Feb15 2006 Post ID: 684997
gogobananas
+
Yes I did. I do hope I can mod here again, I applied
mac cell skip Posted: 07:33 Feb16 2006 Post ID: 685766
mac cell skip
Forum GuestMember
+
Lol nice try but others have applyed before you did. Like me.
mr.619 rey mysterio Posted: 16:14 Feb16 2006 Post ID: 687287
mr.619 rey mysterio
Forum GuestMember
+
People changeing names

Many people are changeing there names.

R.I.P
Mac cell skip
jImbOw89.
Ok im not mac cell skip. Im his friend.
annefranman52 Posted: 16:25 Feb16 2006 Post ID: 687320
annefranman52
+
Can you please not use posts that aren't reports thanks... and maz, change that font size and add Super Cheatster dude.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 235314

Post Top
Click to close