Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Mario 64 DS

Super Mario Newbie Questions

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
macdawn Posted at: 08:36 Mar27 2005 Post ID: 110026
macdawn
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hey, I just got this game, and frankly, this is the first Mario game I had ever played, so I guess there are a lot of stuff I really don't know. So I started this topic, so other newbies like me could ask those really fundamental questions, questions I feel like of ashamed to asked in the other thread.

Like for example, I have gotten only 15 stars, and I am still trying to figure how to change characters?!?!?! Can someone please help? Here are my newbie questions, please don't laugh at them too much, and would appreciate your kind help.
-How do I change between characters? (I had unlock Mario already)
- How do I control Mario's flying? (He is supposed to fly after triple jump, but he keeps crashing to the ground)

Thank you for your help. Smile
smashhero57 Posted at: 11:41 Mar27 2005 Post ID: 110171
smashhero57
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeesh. Did you buy a used copy of the game with no rule book? Anyways, I shall answer your questions, and all newbies are encouraged to use this board to ask other questions.
-Change into Mario by Walking into his dressing room as any character. The same is true for Luigi & Wario, except you have to go into their respective dressing rooms. To change into Yoshi, walk into the dressing room of the character you're playing as. To unlock the rest of the Bros., go into the paintings that have their pictures.
-To fly up, which seems to be part of your problem, Hold the down button in standard mode, or scroll (with your finger) down on other modes. You may be crashing into the ground because you are not high enough in the air to reach your destination. Also, you can fly farther by finring yourself out of cannons. On an off yopic note, the other characters can fly in VS. mode, which can be played alone.
If I was creative then you'd be laughing...
ny Posted at: 17:09 Mar27 2005 Post ID: 110459
ny
Forum GuestMember
+
+
can someone please tell me how to get wario and wher this damn mirror room is .
macdawn Posted at: 19:07 Mar27 2005 Post ID: 110554
macdawn
+
+
smashhero57: Thanks a lot! That really helps!
ZOEEZ2C Posted at: 04:21 Mar30 2005 Post ID: 113408
ZOEEZ2C
+
+
HI THIS IS PROBALLY THE STUPIDEST QUESTION! WHY CANT I FIND THE BASEMENT!?!? WHERE IS IT!!!
THANKS!
Nintendo_God Posted at: 12:34 Mar30 2005 Post ID: 113909
Nintendo_God
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That is the stupidest question I've ever heard but hey you know everybody was a rookie at sometime even me, anyway back to the question when you enter the castle you will see the main stairs look on the sides and you will see two old wooden doors without a star on go through either one of them(does'nt matter wich one they lead to the same place)and you will see big boo but egnore him and don't follow him instead go oppisite from where he goes and there should be a door with a big keyhole there i forgot where you get the key though.

Hope I Helped
lightning rod Posted at: 13:58 Apr09 2005 Post ID: 125225
lightning rod
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 30-Mar-2005 Nintendo_God said:That is the stupidest question I've ever heard but hey you know everybody was a rookie at sometime even me, anyway back to the question when you enter the castle you will see the main stairs look on the sides and you will see two old wooden doors without a star on go through either one of them(does'nt matter wich one they lead to the same place)and you will see big boo but egnore him and don't follow him instead go oppisite from where he goes and there should be a door with a big keyhole there i forgot where you get the key though.

Hope I Helped
you get the key when you open the door with the huge star{12 stars needed i think} so you'll see peach's picture but it will turn into bowser, and you'll fall, find your way through without falling, beat bowser{you'll fight him agian later in the game}and you'll get the key.
smashhero57 Posted at: 14:52 Apr09 2005 Post ID: 125285
smashhero57
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Wario? Do you have Luigi? After you get luigi, go to the room with the mirrors and grab a flower. Then, run through the mirror. Where there would normaly be a Luigi picture, there is a Wario picture. Go inside and beat the Ice Bully at the end of the level to get him.
If I was creative then you'd be laughing...
Dannyboy123456654321 Posted at: 05:32 Apr16 2005 Post ID: 132389
Dannyboy123456654321
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hi how do you beat the final bowser
on the 3rd throw he smashes the ground
please help
thank
you
Keyblade Master Posted at: 15:06 Apr17 2005 Post ID: 134166
Keyblade Master
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Start off the battle by avoiding his attacks until u can grab his tail. avoiding fire to collect coins from them and running away from bowser when he charges at you, backfliping when hes about to hit you. try to get him as close as you can to the edge, throwing him into the bombs with medium range throws. when he destroys the arena, repeat tactic except you have to rely more on accuracy and luck.
Sigh, every forum I use turns into a war zone. I kinda miss this place. I might pop in every now and then, but there are so many scars already, I don't feel like I have a home here.

Keyblade Master: AKA Shinaka

April 2005- Feb 2007
ellisxanthis Posted at: 03:34 Apr23 2005 Post ID: 138851
ellisxanthis
Forum GuestMember
+
+
this si my first mario game EVER and i have 143 stars and need help on getting 100 coins on 6 courses. they are; cool, cool mountain, tick tock clock, rainbow ride, lethal lava land, hazy maze cave and tiny huge island. any guides that could help me?
enisma Posted at: 07:42 May01 2005 Post ID: 148390
enisma
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hi there,im a newbie as well and i only got five stars =( and i need help with everything buy i just want to know how do u get luigi or the other characters yes this is my first time i've also played mario and i need alot of help
Keyblade Master Posted at: 07:43 May02 2005 Post ID: 149779
Keyblade Master
Forum GuestMember
+
+
get more stars then. you can't get the characters unless you collect more stars. you'll need 8 for mario, about 15 for luigi and about 30 for wario. if you have trouble with the levels then do easy challanges. try to plan what you have to do and where to go to. if u stink at that then try to find bonus levels. with 5 stars you can get about 4 secret stars. one near the portrait to the water level (two holes to the left and to the right in the wall. one is a life), two in a stained glass window of peach at the character doors room(the bonus level is a slide, one star for completing it, one for getting to the finish line in under 21 seconds), and one in the minigames room next to the character's room. jump into the island portrait.(collect 5 silver stars, one is held by a bird, jump into the bird to make him drop it) hope this helps.
Sigh, every forum I use turns into a war zone. I kinda miss this place. I might pop in every now and then, but there are so many scars already, I don't feel like I have a home here.

April 2005- Feb 2007
Super_Hayley Posted at: 07:03 May21 2005 Post ID: 169338
Super_Hayley
Forum GuestMember
+
+
How do i get the key for luigi, please? i am lost... i don't no where to go. I have only have 41 stars! Thankyou
Keyblade Master Posted at: 13:36 May23 2005 Post ID: 171710
Keyblade Master
Forum GuestMember
+
+
luigi's in the haunted house level. go on any star after 1 and climb up the stairs. take the south right door and go to where the red box is. nearly above there should be a ledge to a door leading to the attic. go in there and luigi's portrait should be to the right. go in the portrait and take the doors to your right, left, right and left again. cross the bridge and go up the moving platforms to a hole where the boss for luigi is. he'll appear after you're next to the mirror for some time.

April 2005- Feb 2007
Dead Opposom Posted at: 09:17 May28 2005 Post ID: 179383
Dead Opposom
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Beat him like any other bowser. Make your way through the obstacles and throw him at bombs when you make it to him.
You were young and your heart was an open book. You used to say live and let live. You know you did, know you did, know you did. But if this ever changing world in which we live in makes you give in and cry, say live and let die.
umbreon992589 Posted at: 16:53 Jul25 2005 Post ID: 286613
umbreon992589
Forum GuestMember
+
+
please no dubble posting i know your new its agensed the rules

(post deleted)
heres my userbars!!

the_people_champ Posted at: 19:01 Jul25 2005 Post ID: 286867
the_people_champ
+
+
ya he is a cool mod

Just go to my Bio To get up-to-date details on me.
blaziken15 Posted at: 20:33 Jul25 2005 Post ID: 287050
blaziken15
Forum GuestMember
+
+
just doing his job if i become a mod im going to do the same
YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN IM ANGRY SO TRY NOT TO **** ME OFF!!!.IF YOU WANT SOME OF ME TRY YOUR LUCK BUT YOU WONT LIKE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU.JOIN TEAM INFERNO!!!!. My email:[email protected]
the_people_champ Posted at: 08:04 Jul26 2005 Post ID: 287826
the_people_champ
+
+
lol ya keep posting and you will

Just go to my Bio To get up-to-date details on me.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 103706

Post Top
Click to close