Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Paved

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

sharingansasuke Posted: 21:22 Oct28 2006 Post ID: 1116013
sharingansasuk
e
Post Likes: 0
+
Chapter One: Another

“Is it destiny that chooses where we go or what we do? Does fate pave our path of life? Or is it our actions and our thoughts that direct us down those paths?” Layton pondered these questions in his head over and over again. What he was meant to do with his life he was not sure but he had a feeling it was something far greater then his life so far. Layton had lived in the forest for the past 8 years from the time he was ten until now. When his parents passed away from a great illness, having no family left for him to live with, Layton was sent to live at an orphanage. This arrangement would not last long for within a week Layton had been adopted but never went with the family. Layton did not want another family he had simply wanted his back. Hearing news of the adoption Layton ran away that night with nothing but the clothes on his back and his inheritance, a silver bow his mother had once wielded and a golden sword he had received from his father.
Standing by the bank of the river Layton was thinking. “Am I only meant for this and nothing more? Am I only to live in the forest doing nothing with my life? I want to do more.” As Layton sat down he heard a rustle from the bush behind him and soon emerged a colorful chipmunk that crept to Layton and crawled on his lap. “It is true I love the world I live in, I love being surrounded by nature but I can’t help but feel there is something missing.” Layton Stood up and began to walk downstream singing a song.

“Destiny and fate, what is one to make of thee?
Destiny and fate, what will your decision be?
Destiny and fate, I open my heart willingly.
Destiny and fate spread your light upon me openly.
I have decisions to make
And actions to take.
So please let me ask
Just this one favor of you,
Pave the path I walk upon

Destiny and fate, why does one fear thee?
Destiny and fate please put your trust in me.
Destiny and fate my arms are spread widely.
Destiny and fate help me through this poverty.

Because of the chances I will take
There is a possibility that I will never wake.
So please for my sake
I am asking you to make
A path for me to walk upon…”

Layton had been interrupted by a loud sound, the sound of an army and their steeds passing through. However Layton had not know the sound when he originally he followed it. As he crept closer he began to smell the smell of smoke and could no longer here the sound of footprints for he heard large crashes and booms that rattled all of the forest. Instantly he knew, what had happened and then seconds later it had neared him, it was a fire.
Layton was not at fear for the river was near by and water was his comfort zone. The reason for this was because Layton had a special ability that was very unique in Ascavar he had the power to use magic. Layton’s source for his magic was water as he could manipulate it as he pleased and so with one flick of his wrist the fire had vanished. Layton continued on the trail of what he assumed to be the arsons.
Layton finally began to catch up to them and as he reached the exit to the forest and the entrance to a meadow he came in contact with them. It was a group of soldiers dress in bronze chain-mail covered by silver armor. Layton rushed in front of them bringing the group to a halt.
“What is it you want child?” pondered the man who seemed to be in charge.
“What do I want?! What do I want?! Look what you have done to the forest, the animals, and the river! I will not forgive you!” suddenly water began to rise from the ground.
“I have no time for this it is our mission to take this woman back to the king in order for her to die.” As the man spoke Layton saw a woman, the most beautidul women he had ever seen bound to a pole.
“I will not stand for such things.” A tidal wave crashed down on the soldiers at the same time cutting the woman’s ropes and setting her free. The woman then approached Layton
“I appreciate what you have done for me but I fear you made a grave mistake.”
“Why is that?” asked Layton.
“By doing so you have set the king upon you too.”
“Why does the king wish to kill you?”
“I apologize the fire you saw back there was caused by me for I am similar to you except unlike you I control water not fire.”
“So why does he want to kill you?”
“He has wanted to kill all magic users saying they were a threat to our country I was believed up until now to be the last one.”
“That doesn’t sound like King Kurama.”
“King Kurama was murdered Six years ago and has been replaced by King Makuto.”
“Murdered? Six years ago? Kurama would never let that happen.”
“Just how long have you lived in that forest.”
“Eight years I believe I am not quite sure I lost track of time.”
“Please …. um what is your name?
“My name is Layton Carter.”
“Nice to meet you Layton my name is Akira Manafuji. So please Layton will you join me in trying to dethrone Makuto.” Layton was not sure why but he felt he could trust this woman simply from the look in her eye.
“Layton answered with one word. “Yes.”
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
TestVirus101 Posted: 00:46 Oct29 2006 Post ID: 1116279
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
A bit of a rush in to the plot, but it's not half bad, nice work.
Seos san Nekros Posted: 03:38 Oct29 2006 Post ID: 1116514
Seos san
Nekros
+
Nice poetic line with the Destiny and fate bits. Seriously.

But I'm inclined to agree with Testvirus when he says its a bit rushed.
[center]
[color=silver]
Thanks to V-Gamer for awesome sig and avy.
[url=http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo256/SeossanNekros/][color=silver]Gifts and such. Thanks guys. =D[/url]
[url=http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=97843][size=13][color=silver]Short Story - Haunted[/url]
sharingansasuke Posted: 20:33 Oct29 2006 Post ID: 1117998
sharingansasuk
e
+
Yeah I was thinking it to that is why I am rewriting it
Cloud_Strife123 Posted: 21:53 Oct29 2006 Post ID: 1118080
Cloud_Strife12
Forum GuestMember
+
Well, just a tip, I would handwrite it, type, revise, get an opinion, and revise again. I'm not the best at writing, but thats how I do it.
It is pretty good, though.

« Last edited by Cloud_Strife123 on Oct 29th 2006 »

Read my fiction: The Bondage Chaos
TestVirus101 Posted: 22:48 Oct29 2006 Post ID: 1118119
TestVirus101
Ah crap he's finally dead
Post Likes: 35
+
I'm rather opposed to handwriting, it doesn't give a clear indication to how long it's going to be or so on the computer.
sharingansasuke Posted: 16:29 Oct30 2006 Post ID: 1118759
sharingansasuk
e
+
yeah me neither and for the same reason it bugs me
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close