Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Moderators...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Volke Posted: 13:50 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1329849
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
I believe you missed Nintendo_Dude. I sw him post on my first day here.
J roc Posted: 13:51 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1329850
J roc
Post Likes: 0
+
N_D got demoted becouse he wasent goin to be on SC very much.
I'm a moron, sorry for being so gansta **** look a like, I failed at that and in life, I'm sorry :(
SuperDJ2 Posted: 14:47 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1330043
SuperDJ2
Forum GuestMember
+
On 31-Jan-2007 Volke said:Only three? If you promote the good Moderators to Super Moderators and remove the bad Moderators (such as ShadowGX and Yossy666) then you will have less Moderators and this site will look less likely like a site that promotes Moderators in the drop of a hat.
Yeah, be quiet before you get banned.

Who are you to determine good mods?

Exactly.

johnkrill Posted: 19:21 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1331140
johnkrill
Post Likes: 2
+
Oh yeah, AFM is the other Smod...

And guys, calm down about the "bad" mods. It's freedom of speech, so let the guy express his opinion. That doesn't necessarily mean that you have to agree with his opinion, but you don't need to flip out.

I do recommend, however, that you get to know the mods a bit more before you classify any of them, Volke. Just a suggestion...

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
cheating101 Posted: 19:29 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1331169
cheating101
+
Bad moderators will be dealt with, so if they are moding, they deserve it and are obviously doing a good job. I can't agree with having a bunch of SMods and Admin because Admin need to make decisions and the less people the less problems.

As more the large number of moderators, I think its good that people get to moderate games they love to play and post about. It wouldn't be as much fun if the person who mods the forum can only moderate it and not add any insight to the game.
johnkrill Posted: 19:47 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1331249
johnkrill
Post Likes: 2
+
I would have to agree; we need more smods...

SM99 is hardly posting at all.
Kool_Kid isn't too actie either
AFM is fine.

So that's one smod doing his job. I'd recommend a few more (say at least 2 or 3).

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
parrotboy Posted: 05:04 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331700
parrotboy
+
On 31-Jan-2007 Volke said:I'll only need five minutes on a site to judge people such as ShadowGX and Yossy666 who immediately called me a n00b just because I stated my intellect clearly passes their own. It is because of this I, therefore, class them as poor Moderators. Anywayone who is that harsh to new members just because they act, and probably are, far more mature than them (ShadowGX being eighteen years old is the biggest load of rubbish I've heard in my short time here).

And I don't appreciate being called a n00b by Moderators. I'm sure we understand each other.
how bout you shut up. Noone really cares anymore. And leave yossy alone.
This world is full of people trying to copy the people who try to copy them.

Be individual!

http://member.mibba.com/9856/
parrotboy Posted: 05:05 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331701
parrotboy
+
although i do agree that the smods arent very active at the moment
This world is full of people trying to copy the people who try to copy them.

Be individual!

http://member.mibba.com/9856/
ShadowGX Posted: 07:14 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331798
ShadowGX
Post Likes: 1
+
Volke, if you would be so kind as to peer back to Team Solarbeam you will see I didn't join yossy666 in callin' you a nOOb. I simply corrected your misuse of "conceal". Then you got snippy with me after that, so in reaction an argument erupted. If you hadn't gone stormin' into Juli's team tellin' us right off the bat you can't get along with people, none of this fuss would've happened.

I promised someone somethin' an' I don't plan to break it to save your presence here, so I suggest you stop now.

« Last edited by ShadowGX on Feb 1st 2007 »
Baby I like it.
tomsmiley18 Posted: 07:20 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331808
tomsmiley18
+
On 31-Jan-2007 Volke said:I believe you missed Nintendo_Dude. I sw him post on my first day here.
Do you really think you are going to change this site?
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

SuperDJ2 Posted: 09:42 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331926
SuperDJ2
Forum GuestMember
+
On 31-Jan-2007 Volke said:I'll only need five minutes on a site to judge people such as ShadowGX and Yossy666 who immediately called me a n00b just because I stated my intellect clearly passes their own. It is because of this I, therefore, class them as poor Moderators. Anywayone who is that harsh to new members just because they act, and probably are, far more mature than them (ShadowGX being eighteen years old is the biggest load of rubbish I've heard in my short time here).

And I don't appreciate being called a n00b by Moderators. I'm sure we understand each other.
If you're so intelligent, then why did you post "just because I stated my intellect clearly passes their own.", when you would, if you were as clever as you think you are, phrased it as "just because I stated my intellect clearly surpasses their own."

You can't even attempt to belittle people properly. I'm 14 by the way, I think you just got owned by a 14 year old.

Now please stop trying to be argumentative.

Seeing as this topic contains people calling each other "n00bs" (Which is classified as spam, being a derogatory term), it needs closing.

~CLOSED~

Please, nobody reopen this in disagreement.

Cross Stinger Posted: 10:07 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331959
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
This topic doesn't exist to call people n00bs, so there's no need to close this just yet.

I have seen the post where yossy666 called you a n00b and have come to the following conclusions:

? As stated in a topic in the staff forum, no one is to call anyone a n00b, even if they're in constant defiance. yossy666 is at fault for that one.

? I've looked over the rest of your posts and I only see an attitude that incriminates you by thinking you're better than the staff in your method of speech. Although we would like to see improvement of speech on the part of many moderators, this does not necessarily consitute the function necessary to function as a moderator on these forums.

There's probably an overabundance of moderators, as you've pointed out, Volke, and we're trying to resolve this issue, but the logic here is that we have more forums than most other conventional message boards, and most of these message boards are dedicated to specific games in which moderators have the job of fostering interest. I'll tell you right now that I don't often touch many of the video game boards unless they're related to Pok�mon, but that means I counteract myself by functioning mainly in the staff room as well as the non-gaming forums. As an administrator, I do my job.

As a member, you are required to subscribe to the rules of this forum, as I've told you before. Instead of bringing this issue up with the kind of attitude you have, you could have looked around the site ? as well as the forums ? before you registered. Better yet, try to participate like a good citizen and apply to be a moderator the normal way if you can, and then make any judgments you want thereafter and address them in a civil manner.
Aeshma Posted: 10:43 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331979
Aeshma
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 8
+
Well, he can stay as member, but will have to stop dissin' the SC staff if he wants to stay here in the future, as for moderator? ...not gone happen, sorry Smile
Jam Jar Posted: 11:10 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1331996
Jam Jar
An oldie but goodie
+
there was 5 Admin but Nintendo_Dude isn't one anymore.
tomsmiley18 Posted: 14:26 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1332222
tomsmiley18
+
On 01-Feb-2007 Cross Stinger said:This topic doesn't exist to call people n00bs, so there's no need to close this just yet.

I have seen the post where yossy666 called you a n00b and have come to the following conclusions:

? As stated in a topic in the staff forum, no one is to call anyone a n00b, even if they're in constant defiance. yossy666 is at fault for that one.

? I've looked over the rest of your posts and I only see an attitude that incriminates you by thinking you're better than the staff in your method of speech. Although we would like to see improvement of speech on the part of many moderators, this does not necessarily consitute the function necessary to function as a moderator on these forums.

There's probably an overabundance of moderators, as you've pointed out, Volke, and we're trying to resolve this issue, but the logic here is that we have more forums than most other conventional message boards, and most of these message boards are dedicated to specific games in which moderators have the job of fostering interest. I'll tell you right now that I don't often touch many of the video game boards unless they're related to Pok�mon, but that means I counteract myself by functioning mainly in the staff room as well as the non-gaming forums. As an administrator, I do my job.

As a member, you are required to subscribe to the rules of this forum, as I've told you before. Instead of bringing this issue up with the kind of attitude you have, you could have looked around the site ? as well as the forums ? before you registered. Better yet, try to participate like a good citizen and apply to be a moderator the normal way if you can, and then make any judgments you want thereafter and address them in a civil manner.
That's pretty much cleared everything up.
Tomsmiley18 is now dead.

ShadowGX Posted: 15:36 Feb01 2007 Post ID: 1332436
ShadowGX
+
On 01-Feb-2007 Cross Stinger said:This topic doesn't exist to call people n00bs, so there's no need to close this just yet.

Sick 'em Crossy. xP

I wouldn't have gotten defensive if he hadn't flipped first. I'm willin' to start over though if he will, but only if he agrees to lighten up. Dunno how I can fair against people like him all the time ya know...
Baby I like it.
Volke Posted: 12:52 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1333895
Volke
Executioner
+

Yes, I wasn't happy when he just barged into a discussion that had nothing to do with him. Same goes for Parrotboy and SuperDJ2, who have been constantly insulting me since.

I see. I'll try to improve on that.

I understand what you mean.

Okay, in future I will do that. Although I'm not too fond on the idea of becoming a Moderator myself. I've gone off becoming a staff member on forums due to an incident about a year ago. Anyway, you seem like a very reasonable person. I trust that you'll correct me if I'm wrong again, since I have no idea of what Moderators to trust and not to trust (well, there's a few in my untrustworthy section, but oh well...). Thank you for your information.
Volke Posted: 12:56 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1333901
Volke
Executioner
+
On 01-Feb-2007 ShadowGX said:Sick 'em Crossy. xP

I wouldn't have gotten defensive if he hadn't flipped first. I'm willin' to start over though if he will, but only if he agrees to lighten up. Dunno how I can fair against people like him all the time ya know...
Okay then ShadowGX, you proved your point. I did make a gramatical error. I apologise on my behalf, and I will be willing to start over provided you also apologise.

Oh, and one thing, I wouldn't have lashed out on you if your post didn't contain the unecessary sentence "If you're trying to sound smart you're failing". If you hadn't posted that I would have either ignored your post or accepted the matter and moved on.
SuperDJ2 Posted: 14:58 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1334225
SuperDJ2
Forum GuestMember
+
On 02-Feb-2007 Volke said:Yes, I wasn't happy when he just barged into a discussion that had nothing to do with him. Same goes for Parrotboy and SuperDJ2, who have been constantly insulting me since.

I see. I'll try to improve on that.

I understand what you mean.

Okay, in future I will do that. Although I'm not too fond on the idea of becoming a Moderator myself. I've gone off becoming a staff member on forums due to an incident about a year ago. Anyway, you seem like a very reasonable person. I trust that you'll correct me if I'm wrong again, since I have no idea of what Moderators to trust and not to trust (well, there's a few in my untrustworthy section, but oh well...). Thank you for your information.
My friend, I have every right to post in this topic.

Moderators for this forum: K Dawg, yammy, GameHazard, SuperDJ2. And I didn't go out of my way to insult you, I told you you got owned by a 14 year old kid.

ShadowGX Posted: 17:01 Feb02 2007 Post ID: 1334645
ShadowGX
+
On 02-Feb-2007 Volke said:Okay then ShadowGX, you proved your point. I did make a gramatical error. I apologise on my behalf, and I will be willing to start over provided you also apologise.

Oh, and one thing, I wouldn't have lashed out on you if your post didn't contain the unecessary sentence "If you're trying to sound smart you're failing". If you hadn't posted that I would have either ignored your post or accepted the matter and moved on.
I am one whom believes in second chances yes, I'd be a straight up hypocrite if I didn't.

Perhaps that is a reason to get a bittouchy, but yur attitude got on my nerves as well as it still seems to be with others so I picked at ya. I tend to do that an' not even notice 'cause it's just how I am. I'll say sorry an' start over with you, but yur gonna have to get used to the way I type 'cause I like it. xP

« Last edited by ShadowGX on Feb 2nd 2007 »
Baby I like it.
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 320575

Post Top
Click to close