Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Bullying in Schools - Corporal Punishment to be Re-introduced?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Komodo Posted: 01:45 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670421
Komodo
Post Likes: 0
+
Introduction:

The issue of bullying in schools (in Australia at least) has become a very important topic regarding politics etc...

Recent word in Australia by politicians has been the discussion of whether or not to re-introduce Corporal Punishmen. For those of us who aren't familiar with the term, corporal punishment is the idea of punishing bullying and mis-behaviour with violence (not extreme, but say, a slap).

I'll get the ball rolling with my input.

After being bullied and harassed to a fairly extreme point in my primary school years, I feel very strongly in this matter. I despise bullies, and always have thought they deserve to be treated worse than they treated their 'targets'. I am all in favour of introducing Corporal Punishment for harrassment (continued bullying) and believe using this method would be far more effective than existing punishment systems.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Blizard Posted: 02:21 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670463
Blizard
Forum GuestMember
+
I agree bullying is a serious incident and should be treated harshly, especially racial bullying.
Blizard: STFU!

^ Thanks to (Insert Name Here) ^

Teamsupercheats: Well I cannot remember the name changes either ... I don't pay much attention.
ressurection666 Posted: 03:32 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670491
ressurection666
+
Yeah bullying is bad, i was lucky i wen't o a school where it very rarely happened also i am 6foot2 and did boxing at school so most people did not try. But my younger brother gets bullied quite badly at his primary school for no reason and the school seems to be able to do nothing about it. So i am completely in favour of this as i'd give the lads who ahve been bullying my brother a smack if i would not get arrested for it.
https://www.youtube.com/use...stgaming
Volke Posted: 05:27 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670560
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
Not having suffered it myself, I can't feel as strongly as those who have. But a few of my friends have suiffered bullying in the past, and I wasn't too happy about that. Since my friends and I have quite a trong bond, we usually stick up for each other, so the problems never last.

I agree with Corporal Punishment. Sounds like a fantastic idea (or it would be if the punishments were more painful).
ressurection666 Posted: 05:39 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670571
ressurection666
+
Yeah bring back the ruler and the belt that will make em stop trust me my dad still has scars from when he was at school.
Fwank Posted: 06:20 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670598
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Oh? Wasn't aware that bullying was an issue on Australian shores... and enough to bring back corporal punishment?

Well there's no easier and more effective way to stop any sort of unwanted behavior than to beat children silly... they get the message quicker, I was surprised that the teachers here didn't beat the kids when they wouldn't listen... ADD? No~ it's just a matter of being spoiled and undisciplined~
MorphBall360 Posted: 09:36 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670771
MorphBall360
+
Corporal Punishment should be re-instituted. It would cut down on the number of people misbehaving, as things like detention do nothing to deter most people.

« Last edited by MorphBall360 on Jun 19th 2007 »
Lol, it's RJ.
ressurection666 Posted: 10:13 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670820
ressurection666
+
True there are many kids who do not care if they get detention, and if they get suspended it is just a day or so off school. They need a good whack with the belt like the old days to really teach them a lesson.
johnkrill Posted: 10:16 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670823
johnkrill
Post Likes: 2
+
Corporal punishment may also induce worse behavior and resentment in some kids. If a kid gets hit with something, and he or she doesn't know why, chances are that person is more likely to do something else bad, just to get even.

I do agree that detentions are pointless. I've seen kids in Detention while I'm doing an after school activity. All the kids do is sit quietly for 30 minutes or so. The next day I see the same person have a detention. Sometimes kids don't even show up :P

Sig and Avy made my me!!!
Brawl FC is 3394-4531-4018
rain matrix Posted: 10:19 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670830
rain matrix
+
i dont really get bullied but a few pu$$ies at school tried bullyin me at school yesterday,now i gotta bike an hour to kick 3 people's @$sesWhistleviolence solves it whether you like it or not.

overall i think yea we should put the punishment on,but only for bullyin cause ill be gettin hit mostly everyday if they do it for anything bad.
ressurection666 Posted: 10:33 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670858
ressurection666
+
i think it would mainly be for bullying, if they had had it for everything abd i would ahve been beaten every few minutes when i was at school i never knew when to shut up.
MorphBall360 Posted: 10:34 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670859
MorphBall360
+
It wouldn't phase me. I don't get written up.
Lol, it's RJ.
Clarity Posted: 10:36 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1670861
Clarity
+
I'd seriously love a Corporal Punishment to be instated on my school.

Bullying is a major issue to me, and I feel quite strong on the issue.
Formerly EspeonDude_. Actual join date: 27th of June, 2006.
factor_x55 Posted: 12:10 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1671088
factor_x55
+
I agree with this completely. I have never suffered being bullied before, but some of my friends have. It doesn't happen very often at my school, but when it does happen, it's pretty bad. At football games there are always a bunch of kids from the other school that jump this one kid at my school. He's gotten cut pretty badly before.

I can't really put much input into this topic because I've never really been bullied. People tell you not to fight back, but I do, and I haven't been bothered for 5 years.

At my school, you get in trouble for defending yourself. Their definition of defending yourself is just blocking. If someone pulls out a knife on you, you're supposed to run. That's it. If you fight the person, you get a detention, even if they had a knife, gun, etc..
EspeonDude_ Posted: 14:54 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1671671
EspeonDude_
+
I agree completely with factor_x55.

As a suffer from bullying, I think, bullies need what's coming back for them. I get bullied on a daily basis, and at one-point, I was beat up, and suffered minor bruises.

Bullies do things that are morally wrong, but apparently at my school, they barely do a damn thing about it! So, moral crimes are OKAY to do at my school? That's a piece of bullshit!

I need to calm down now.

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
BlackNinja Posted: 17:04 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1672135
BlackNinja
Forum GuestMember
+
My old maths teacher of three years ago was strongly in favour of corporal punishment, having witnessed its effectiveness himself as both a teacher and a student. To me, it certainly sounds a far more effective form of punishment than telling them off or giving them a detention. Let's face it, ninety percent of the people who often get detentions probably don't give a damn about them, or they wouldn't get them on such a regular basis, and telling kids off has never worked except in the short term.
Krakan Posted: 17:10 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1672155
Krakan
Forum GuestMember
+
I get bullied everyday, i'm used to it.

Mr.Clueless, Dave, and Wiffyboy are pure hotty's!

Game: Pearl
Name: Mike
FC:1031 8192 8521
Register!
rock_on_05 Posted: 22:03 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1673052
rock_on_05
+
It Should. People at my school Are friggin insane! Kids have been beaten, Made fun of, ETC. And What does anybody say? "Oh, they're just expressing their feelings!", "They have ADHD, It's okay." Etc. It goes on and On. NO!! I don't care if they're expressing their feelings or If they have ADHD! I myself have experienced it, And I, Not them, But I Was Punished for defending myself!

I'm Done now. I needed this thread.

spideraman99 Posted: 22:15 Jun19 2007 Post ID: 1673070
spideraman99
Post Likes: 3
+
I think the punishment should be decided by the person who got bullied.

props to pokemonruler for the sweet sig and avatar
Komodo Posted: 00:58 Jun20 2007 Post ID: 1673237
Komodo
+
Factor_x55:

At our school they say that even if you are defending yourself that you will get suspended for being in a fight. But even though they say that, the defender never does get suspended.

Also, the Australiqan law on this topic clearly states that if someone attacks you, it is perfectly legal to use equal force on them in return.
Eg: If they hit you, you can hit them, if they don't do anything, you can't do anything, if someone uses a weapon, or produces one with the intention of using it, you are legally allowed to use a weapon in return as much as you like.

MorphBall360:

I believe corporal punishment isn't the answer for general mis-behaviour. It should only be used for bullying (the punishment fits the crime).

On a general note, I don't think ADD should be an excuse to let someone get away with beating someone up. They should still get punished all the same. After all, there is medication for ADD, and if the kid doesn't take it, sucks to them.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close