Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Meaning of life?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
da_mikester Posted: 13:10 Jun27 2007 Post ID: 1693666
da_mikester
Post Likes: 0
+
I was thinking....What does humans have special that other animals don't?Why is there even any life on this planet?what is the meaning of life,I mean Everything has a reason or meaning like relationships means love.How does dinosuars get on Earth?It's things like these that go around my head at times that includes things about life.I'm really confused

Sig thanks to Master of lite for a decent sig!great job SmileSmile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Simple Theory Posted: 15:42 Jun27 2007 Post ID: 1694272
Simple Theory
Forum GuestBanned
+
I'm going to give the "life is what you want it to be" answer. According to scientists, the bear minimum is to reproduce (which is why animals fight over mates). I'm sure this would satisfy some people, but most people want more.

In the animal kingdom I doubt there is a sense of "success" among different members of the community, but if there is, then the meaning of life is to be successful. Whether this means to reproduce, or reproduce with fifty different mates, I don't know!

I for one know that my goal in life is definitely not just to reproduce! I have high ambitions (just like most graduating high school seniors), but mine will be different from someone else's. I want to be a lawyer, I want to be rich, and I want a ridiculously good looking wife. Does this mean everyone wants these things? No way. It's what you interpret it as.

This is probably what separates humans from other animals. Not sure what "it" is, but it's there and gives us ambitions, and feelings of success.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 23:37 Jun27 2007 Post ID: 1695860
Flareon Dude_
+
in my opinion, it's to live a good one, hav fun, and find love.

But, to quote Bill and ted, two exellent dudes,

"Every Rose, has it's thorn..."

^that's all i remember from the movie.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
Volke Posted: 06:26 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1696236
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
My meaning of life: Live out all of your ambitions, or as many as possible.
da_mikester Posted: 10:02 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1696588
da_mikester
+
I dont understand how we got here though,apart ftom evolutioin.How did monkeys and stuff Get here.

Also why did earth be the one having life?

Krakan Posted: 10:49 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1696721
Krakan
Forum GuestMember
+
Well by doing Philosopy for year, I think that there is know meaning, how to you know we exist it could be you're imagination or even mine. So in my opinion i don't really exist, so therefore is none of us exist then there is know meaning of life.

Mr.Clueless, Dave, and Wiffyboy are pure hotty's!

Game: Pearl
Name: Mike
FC:1031 8192 8521
Register!
Shadow_Lord Posted: 13:06 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1697189
Shadow_Lord
+
On 28-Jun-2007 whiplash234 said:Everybody knows the answer is 42.
No, that's life, the universe and everything, fool! The meaning of just life is 1! 27/27!

In all seriousness... I'd say it's to do whatever makes you happy. Simple as that.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
MasterMilotic Posted: 13:16 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1697215
MasterMilotic
+
To make the world a better place I believe so.
Krakan Posted: 13:19 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1697223
Krakan
Forum GuestMember
+
But if there was no life then how can it be better.

Mr.Clueless, Dave, and Wiffyboy are pure hotty's!

Game: Pearl
Name: Mike
FC:1031 8192 8521
Register!
da_mikester Posted: 13:30 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1697258
da_mikester
+
I think we were made by mistake in religous facts,But in Scientific fatcs,I have no idea apart from evolution.

Shadow_Lord Posted: 13:49 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1697308
Shadow_Lord
+
On 28-Jun-2007 MasterMilotic said:To make the world a better place I believe so.
Hm... I don't think that's the primary purpose of life. I mean, sure, if that's what makes you happy, then great, but I think personal happiness should be any person's main goal in life. Perhaps that sounds a bit selfish, but ultimately, when it boils down to it, we feel happy for a reason. Whether we feel happy by being altruistic or selfish, that's us; we can't change that.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Simple Theory Posted: 15:28 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1697735
Simple Theory
Forum GuestBanned
+
On 28-Jun-2007 whiplash234 said:Everybody knows the answer is 42.
Deleted. Keep jokes outside of this forum, thanks.

Krakan's post deleted also.

« Last edited by Simple Theory on Jun 28th 2007 »
BlackNinja Posted: 15:31 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1697755
BlackNinja
Forum GuestMember
+
On 28-Jun-2007 MasterMilotic said:To make the world a better place I believe so.
"Better" is a highly subjective term. Hitler thought he was making the world "better" by exterminating the Jews, but not many people agreed with him, did they?
imaloony8.0 Posted: 17:57 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1698359
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
I think that our meaning, is an exparament. Whatever made us (I'm saying this since I know not everyone here is catholic) is finding our inperfections and is going to destroy us, and make an Earth 2.0 in our place, with better humans.

Naw lol. I'm thinking... we were put here... to stop something... (OMG, This is starting to sound like something out of a corney movie, so I'm just gonna stop typing now, the truth of it is, no one knows, and unless some kind of divine force walks up and tells us, we'll probably never know, just have thories) Now I stop typing.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
SPV999 Posted: 20:42 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1698915
SPV999
+
Well, coming at this from a religious stand point (erm, Christian, Catholic, and Jewish beliefs, at least), we were placed here to be a companion to God.

On a side note, Ever wonder what would happen if there was a big battle between the entire staff of Supercheats?

Fwank Posted: 20:56 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1698928
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Companionship to God? What do you mean?
SPV999 Posted: 21:02 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1698943
SPV999
+
It's in the Old Testament (I would quote a verse, but I am currently missing my Bible >_<).

It states pretty clearly that God was lonely and created man to basically to have someone to talk to.

On a side note, Ever wonder what would happen if there was a big battle between the entire staff of Supercheats?

h3llrulz Posted: 21:18 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1698981
h3llrulz
+
ye but people that isnt religous believe human evolved from ape like animals

Wont be very active
SPV999 Posted: 21:21 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1698985
SPV999
+
On 28-Jun-2007 h3llrulz said:ye but people that isnt religous believe human evolved from ape like animals
Well, for people that believe that, there is no purpose in life: you are the result of nature gone wrong and your life has no more meaning then that of a dog or a cat... or a rock for that matter.

Sounds harsh, but you have to admit it makes sense.

« Last edited by SPV999 on Jun 28th 2007 »

Fwank Posted: 21:51 Jun28 2007 Post ID: 1699056
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Haha, wouldn't we need to define the meaning of a cat or a dog or a rock then? I sense a loophole =D!

While I don't really know what to believe about the actual meaning of our existence (there's also the issue of you all not being real; I'm a huge brain-in-a-vat supporter... sort of), I do enjoy the Buddhist/Taoist explanation which involved reincarnation (or was it just Taoist? Forgot):

In essence, there are six incarnations (as in things other than human, not that we only exist six times or we can exist six times at once, though the later sounds awesome) we can take form of. There's a system (karma) that keeps track of our deeds (cause) and issues a punishment/reward (effect). While this may seem like a system that judges things as right/wrong, karma merely returns whats given. Anyway.

The six forms are part of reincarnation, and the goal of it is to reach awakening, which relieves one the need to be a part of the cycle as a result (like Neo not bound by the laws of Matrix, for instance?) Long story short, human is the third one down (organisms non-human is the fourth one down). We're here to reach enlightenment, and... the explanation as to why we're here is vague as usual; basically we're here because we want to be here, once we let go of our desires and... stuff, we'll go back to where we came. Makes more sense if my English was better I guess.
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close