Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Meaning of life?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
DarkLyrics Posted: 09:17 Jul08 2007 Post ID: 1730509
DarkLyrics
Post Likes: 0
+
Off topic: Some poeple have theories that Chi can be used as a deathly weapon.

On Topic: No one knows. Not until you die. Then you can ask the one you worship. If you happen to have no religion at all.Then.Believe in scientology

Special Thanks To Dark_Wolf_33 For The Great Signature

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Fwank Posted: 10:47 Jul08 2007 Post ID: 1730623
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Going to have to ask you to add to that cyber, can't let you get away with dropping off an opinion and walking off... 7 days and counting.
Shadow_Lord Posted: 11:00 Jul08 2007 Post ID: 1730649
Shadow_Lord
+
Not all atheists are scientologists. I for one am atheist but not a scientologist. But yes, as Fwank said, please build on that.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Cataclysm Posted: 11:35 Jul09 2007 Post ID: 1733285
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Can anyone here honestly say that they know the meaning of life? Everyone has their own meaning for their own life. For one person it may be to enjoy their time on Earth, but for another it may be to destroy anything they see.

In complete honesty, I don't believe that there is a general meaning for all of the human race, because for someone to have a reason must mean that we have been given one. And if a reason has been given to us, that mean's that there is some higher being that can create life, which in my personal opinion, does not exist.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Fwank Posted: 22:44 Jul26 2007 Post ID: 1779157
Fwank
+
On 26-Jul-2007 The Aviator said:There was a meaning to life? Well, that was unexpected.
You didn't read the rules? Well, this is to be deleted.
Raikiri Posted: 05:27 Jul27 2007 Post ID: 1779629
Raikiri
+
This Maybe a bit late.(This is da_mikester with my new account by the way),But in Buddhism,There is different types of it.Like Indian Buddhism is different to China's buddhism.They are different.Like you said,Buddhism has no god,But i think that only relates to Indian Buddhism.Chinese buddhism is different,There are many gods,like the laughin buddah(Hotei),Or like i mentioned before,Kuan Yin(Guan Yin) the goddess of mercy.

Sig And Avy made by me...Raikiri :D
Fwank Posted: 06:04 Jul27 2007 Post ID: 1779662
Fwank
+
On 27-Jul-2007 Raikiri said:"YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED IN 7 DAYS IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES"
(or sooner, if I've already warned you once)" lol,was that 7 days?
Nicer edit: I don't warn mods.

« Last edited by Fwank on Jul 27th 2007 »
Cataclysm Posted: 23:52 Jul27 2007 Post ID: 1782818
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
On 27-Jul-2007 Raikiri said:This Maybe a bit late.(This is da_mikester with my new account by the way),But in Buddhism,There is different types of it.Like Indian Buddhism is different to China's buddhism.They are different.Like you said,Buddhism has no god,But i think that only relates to Indian Buddhism.Chinese buddhism is different,There are many gods,like the laughin buddah(Hotei),Or like i mentioned before,Kuan Yin(Guan Yin) the goddess of mercy.
Sorry, but what does that have to do with the meaning of life?
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:27 Jul28 2007 Post ID: 1783579
Shadow_Lord
+
It's continuing an earlier sub-topic. "A bit late", as he put it, is something of an understatement, since although it's only on the last page, this topic was happily dying until a few days ago.

Rakiri: Well, that's Chinese Buddhsim, then, isn't it, not Buddhism in general. Please be more specific. (I'd write something related to the main topic here, but it was so long ago we were discussing this that I've completely forgotten how this subject relates to it.)
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Rhodri Posted: 13:09 Jul28 2007 Post ID: 1783672
Rhodri
+
I know I never post here but I have input for the debate. It depends what you mean by the meaning of life, really =\ This explanation is assuming the topic is pondering why humans live.

Human beings are, as science tells us, animals - primates to be exact. In a similar fashion to animals, all of the way through our life, we do things to help us survive - we eat and drink, we breathe and so on and so forth. A lot of the time, we don't even know that we're trying to survive for, but it's an instinct. Surely the thing we do most is the reason we live?

That's the main purpose of life sorted, but then what do you humans survive for? All animals do certain (As our science teacher was telling us), and he used the boys on the field at break time as an example of this. They try to attract a mate, as do animals in the wild. They are constantly fighting and showing off (Similar to monkeys fighting), to attract the girls. They might think that they're having fun, but they're trying to show the girls that their genes will give their offspring strength and power. The girls (As animals), want their offspring to survive and being strong will allow them to fight off predators and being strong allows you to survive(We must remember that humans would be preyed on in the wild before guns existed, as we would be vulnerable to lions etc. It is only with our developed brain and ability to perform certain actions that we have escaped this vulnerability to be the most powerful species on the planet). The girls on the field would be more attracted to the boys which win the fights, because their genes would produce strong offspring which are more likely to survive, so this "playful fighting" has potentially won them a mate.

This leads me to the conclusion that humans exist to survive, and pass on our genes through reproduction (Sex, to make all the twelve year olds giggle).
rhodri(dot)k(at)googlemail(dot)com
Pandaemonium Posted: 13:12 Jul28 2007 Post ID: 1783680
Pandaemonium
+
In case anyone couldn't be bothered to read Rhodri's post, here's a summary:

The meaning of life is to have sex, reproduce, and then die. Anything else is an optional bonus.
Cipher_Wizard Posted: 13:16 Jul28 2007 Post ID: 1783692
Cipher_Wizard
+
Anyone who later puts '*giggles*' in their post is 12 and should be banned.

Me think the meaning of our life is trivial... you could reproduce the race, but why would the race need to continue living? If the race is intended just to have sex and create more of us, why even have us there? Other than the obvious reasons that reproduction = happiness.
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
Rhodri Posted: 12:35 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1847604
Rhodri
+
On 17-Aug-2007 Retroplayer said:What is the meaning of life is what gives meaning to the ultimate question and as everyone knows the answer to the ultimate question is 42 we just need to figure out the question
This is D&D, for serious discussion.

That's not even funny.

Post Deleted

« Last edited by Rhodri on Aug 17th 2007 »
rhodri(dot)k(at)googlemail(dot)com
cheatsupastar94 Posted: 19:53 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1848613
cheatsupastar94
Forum GuestMember
+
I don't really know but im going to find out.

Probably whats in my sig:

dream as if you'll live forever... live as if you'll die today...
I HAVE CHANGED MY ACCOUNT TO: SACRED_LIGHT.
Fwank Posted: 02:58 Aug18 2007 Post ID: 1849160
Fwank
+
^ I'm going to start deleting your posts soon if they're just taking up space; refer to posts made by Cross Stinger or Catharis for a standard of what we expect in these forums.
kingleo Posted: 00:14 Aug23 2007 Post ID: 1864875
kingleo
Forum GuestMember
+
Is that really a fact? Back to the topic at hand....To sum it up there is a meaning of life.
For some it's hard to understand, but it's Oh so simple. The meaning of life is understanding mixed in with a lot of love. The understanding comes in when you understand the world and it's people. The love comes in when you love the world and everything in it. Now that my friend is the meaning of life. Much luv!!

KING LEO

« Last edited by kingleo on Aug 23rd 2007 »
get to da point and dont bull u now the rest
Shadow_Lord Posted: 07:55 Aug23 2007 Post ID: 1865256
Shadow_Lord
+
Right... care to elaborate? I'm feeling nice today, so I won't delete your post on sight.
[center]

klaww Posted: 19:08 Sep05 2007 Post ID: 1900395
klaww
+
i just wanna know why we were created and y were we created the way we were, because god couldntve just said, ill have a science experiment, ill call it adam and eve, they will be humans
Raikiri Posted: 06:57 Sep08 2007 Post ID: 1903536
Raikiri
+
I just want too check before i'll say anything,Was their humans/apes when it was the dinosuar era?

Sig And Avy made by me...Raikiri :D
Pandaemonium Posted: 03:17 Sep09 2007 Post ID: 1904899
Pandaemonium
+
I don't think so. They wouldn't have lasted long anyway.
Displaying Page 3 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close