Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Pearl

Which starter pokemon dominates?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
tbug2007 Posted at: 08:01 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1799463
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
+
Ive been looking at all different web sites about pokemon, and there are a few things Ive found. First, although the base stats for turtwig are best to start with, torterra has lower base stats than the other two starters. Next, Ive seen people on forums comparing all 12 starters. I want to settle this debate. Of the 12 starter pokemon, which one is the strongest overall?:thinking:

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 08:13 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1799471
EspeonDude_
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Infernape has some of the best uses for a starter Pok�mon. It can breed to get ThunderPunch, killing the less bulky water types, OHKO Empoleon with Close Combat and great advantages overall.

But Charizard has a lot to offer, too. But I'm too lazy to type that all out. :p

But Torterra is nice to annoy you.

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
acr2007 Posted at: 08:17 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1799475
acr2007
+
+
yea i agree with EspeonDude Infernape is the best but i dont like infernape because him and blazekein are exactly the same
Pokemon Pearl Details

Name: Tony

Friend Code: 2706 8751 8692

Proud owner of a legit darkrai
tbug2007 Posted at: 08:35 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1799505
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
+
Yea thats what i say. the problem is, even though infernape is the best, chimchar is the worst starter of the three. personally, i think the original three (bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle)were the best. I never thought much of the emerald starters. you think so?

« Last edited by tbug2007 on Aug 2nd 2007 »

FILIP R POLICE
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 08:53 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1799541
EspeonDude_
+
+
IMO the R/S/E Starters were the best. They got the best utility out of all of them. I think it's a first where you see all of them used a lot in competitive play.

Like Blaziken basically has the same use as Infernape.
Sceptile is a really good annoyer.
Swampert is a good defensive wall and Stealth Rocker.

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
tbug2007 Posted at: 08:55 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1799544
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
+
Yea i no theyre powerful i just didnt like the design... The real question is which one has the highest base stats-movesets? Obviously you dont want a pokemon with high attack but all it knows are special attacks.

« Last edited by tbug2007 on Aug 2nd 2007 »

FILIP R POLICE
Fwank Posted at: 13:26 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1800074
Fwank
+
+
If we're including D/P mechanics... this gets extremely screwed up. I'm too indecisive... so here're some of each starter's uses, both new and old, in their final evolution forms:

Venusaur - The original super soaker, built to soak damage. Its reputation at bringing down opponents with mountainous HP and monstrous defensive stats over time is well known. D/P upgrades: not much, but Sludge Bomb is now special, so it hurts a freaking lot coming from a poisonous dinosaur.

Charizard - Famous for being the physical sweeper that cannot be walled once it sets up, and it does so with extreme ease as it learns the fabled Belly Drum. Its SP.ATK and being a fire type wards off physical walls. Some prefer Zard over the new member of the 600 club - Garchomp, simply because it tears Skarm a new one with relative ease. D/P upgrades: significantly, Dragon Claw is now physical, and the only thing that resists dragon attacks are steel types who gets melted by Zard's fire power. Bellyzard just got scarier.

Blastoise - Our resident UU bulky water is also the only starter - in fact, one of few - who can Spin and Haze seemingly well together. D/P upgrades: Blastoise has remained relatively unchanged, with the most notable addition to its learn-set being Flash Cannon... which is interesting rather than devastating at best. It does acquire some useful moves such as Fake-Out and Aqua Ring; both are more useful on others than this thing. Poor, poor Blastoise.

Meganium - Our friendly Johto dinosaur (friendly; even to the enemy) has taken it's kiddie gloves in exchange for some real punchers. D/P upgrades: In addition to Wring Out which compliments Meganium's weak offensive nature, Leaf Storm solves our friendly green long neck's petty attack potential to something everybody should look out for. If used together, it hurts, a lot. A great asset on any team, especially when using the wall techniques and paired with Choice Item users.

Typhlosion - The star sweeper of GSC. Although moving to D/P has made Typhlosion lose arguably it's best assets; the elemental punches (as they are now physical) GameFreaks took care not to disappoint the Zard-on-foot fans. D/P upgrade: Most notably, Eruption is now a learn-set. Throw a pair of Choice Specs on this bad boy and you've got yourself one of the hardest hitting attacks in-game. Paired with Focus Blast, this thing is a real game breaker; screwing over two major walls of the entire metagame.

Feraligatr - This little beauty learned enough new tricks to make Steve yell crickey from his grave. D/P upgrades: Almost everything was immediately a plus for our physical water friend. Among its arsenal of new attacks (since a lot of the attacks are now physical, such as Crunch and Waterfall) are Superpower and Ice Fang, both of which are physical and a welcome addition to the physical sweeper's learn-sets. Aside from physical STAB, it can now learn Dragon Dance to make use of these new found sweeping power; talk about over killing a buff.

Sceptile - The RSE Sub-Seeding Ninja seemed like it was nerfed upon learning Leaf Blade had become physical... but people soon realized it's new found potential. D/P upgrade: High speed + high special attack makes this thing the idea Choice Specs user, especially with Dragon Pulse at its disposal. New learn sets Night Slash/X-Scissor are useful when paired with Swords Dance. It's still the Sub-Seeder of wonder, just now you can expect it to do more than Sub-Seed alone.

Blaziken - D/P for this thing was all about buff buff buff. D/P upgrades: Agility, Baton Pass, Night Slash, Shadow Claw, along with Brave Bird/Flare Blitz, not only has its usefulness been shot through the roof, but its novelty value has reached the competitive level.

Swampert - The second, and best ground/water dual type to ever have been created. D/P upgrades: including the immediately noticeable Hammer Arm, Swampert can also pack Avalanche. Its also one of the most viable source of Stealth Rock, being only afraid of grass types.

Torterra - This is what happens when Venusaur gets freaky deaky with Blastoise: a natural born Curser capable of unleashing STAB Earthquake, all the while regaining lots of HP with Leech Seed. Many physical moves at its disposal.

Infernape - "Infernal Rape", fast and furious with a touch of ape. True to its fire starter kin, its power is acknowledged both in physical and special forms. STAB Close Combat with an above average speed that outspeeds many pokes. Also learns Thunderpunch, just in case a bulky water ruins your sweeping streak. Also one of the fastest Encore users, allowing easy setting up (Also learns Scheme, man there's no end to this dude's awesomeness)

Empoleon - "Emperor Napoleon", the name in no way suggests this pokemon's usefulness in battle, but it does clue you in on its status; royal pain in the butt. Water/Steel dual type allows it to survive fairly well on its mediocre defense. Slow speed compliments Brine and Avalanche rather well. Swords Dance gimmick set can be surprising and even viable for the first couple of turns. A decent mixed sweeper due to its decent SP.ATK.

There, I said way too much. But I had nothing better to do...
Baseballfreak28 Posted at: 13:39 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1800109
Baseballfreak28
+
+
ApplauseApplausevery very good fwankApplauseApplause
tbug2007 Posted at: 14:06 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1800200
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
+
Yea that helped.Applause Cool, but differrent people see different things.im curious about everybody. thanx fwank

FILIP R POLICE
nyeem78 Posted at: 16:26 Aug02 2007 Post ID: 1800336
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Fwank that was good. It is really hard to pick which starter is the bomb.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

master_1 Posted at: 11:24 Aug03 2007 Post ID: 1802692
master_1
+
+
Well i dont want to start a debate but i think Empoleon is the best.
Bronco11 Posted at: 11:45 Aug03 2007 Post ID: 1802737
Bronco11
+
+
The RSE starters are by far better than any other gen starters.

Swampert tops my list.

« Last edited by Bronco11 on Aug 3rd 2007 »
tbug2007 Posted at: 14:33 Aug03 2007 Post ID: 1803370
tbug2007
Da Bug
+
+
Well i guess we have our own opinions.Think

Ditto madgirl

« Last edited by tbug2007 on Aug 6th 2007 »

FILIP R POLICE
spyro madgirl Posted at: 06:44 Aug05 2007 Post ID: 1808821
spyro madgirl
+
+
Meh. I never bother with which is strongest... because I always train them good enough for me. I've never battled on Wi-Fi (because my router is stupid) so I don't know whether my stuff will get pwned or not. I always pick the starter I like best, not really thinking about strengths.
~ ... Ooh la la ... ~
nfsmw king Posted at: 01:38 Aug07 2007 Post ID: 1815392
nfsmw king
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i like empoleon and blaziken the best, both great poke's
pearl name:JON
FC:1547-2666-8865
Teh Dockness Posted at: 01:48 Aug07 2007 Post ID: 1815397
Teh Dockness
+
+
Swampert is the best, but out of D/P only, it's Torterra.
.:Mimi:. Posted at: 12:31 Aug07 2007 Post ID: 1816424
.:Mimi:.
+
+
Nice info Fwank Applause Applause
I think Blaziken is the best. Why? I have no clue lol..It's just that Blaziken is fire type and has helped me a lot in pokemon battles, despite its weaknesses, thanks to the additioned fighting type.

« Last edited by .:Mimi:. on Aug 7th 2007 »
I_Kill_you Posted at: 21:30 Aug07 2007 Post ID: 1818429
I_Kill_you
+
+
From their respective games I like
R/B/Y- Blastoise was great at the time
G/S/C- Typhlosion destroyed everyone in the game
R/S/E- Swampert was the best
D/P- I took Empoleon, and got too far in the game to check the others.
I personally like Typhlosion the most, and was incredably disapointed with all of the other D/P starters

palkiamaster Posted at: 21:44 Aug07 2007 Post ID: 1818457
palkiamaster
+
+
well i think that BLASTOISE is the best but a level one hundred one is still weaker than palkia on level 75
im 14 and i can anser just about any Q with a good A
Fwank Posted at: 23:42 Aug07 2007 Post ID: 1818986
Fwank
+
+
Maybe that's because Palkia has like a butt load more stats than Blastoise... much like a level 100 Wartortle isn't as strong as a level 75 Blastoise...

Fire/Fighting is actually a wonderful type; blaze's only disadvantage lies in the fact that it's slower than many threatening pokemon... a disadvantage Infernape has overcome sufficiently.

I'm actually rather disappointed at Typhlosion in D/P... Choicelosion was the only competitive set I could come up with (even though Ty was UU to begin with)
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close