Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

To the Gfaq'ers...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 04:42 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 197962
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
+
I found the thread on gamefaqs which brought a lot of you guys here... Going through it I found a lot of criticism towards the site... While there is not much we can do about the members, there is a lot of stuff we can do with regard to improving the site and board.

If anyone wants to post an constructive criticism here, please do so and we can try to address the issues. The were some posts like the layout is crap, the avatar system sucks etc...

Could you let us know in more detail what exactly is wrong...

For example, the layour sucks because, it doesn't take up the whole page or it's too dark etc...

Or let us know what error you get when you try to upload an avatar...

This kind of feedback from users new to our site would be very helpful and appreciated.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Bronco11 Posted at: 07:40 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198000
Bronco11
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Screw Them!
Alucard258 Posted at: 08:10 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198020
Alucard258
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Umm... I dont see any major problems in the layout. Havent tried adding an avatar yet. Hmm.... I dunno. I think most of them were just angered and started attacking the site in general instead of just Cez.
Bronco11 Posted at: 08:15 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198023
Bronco11
+
+
The avatar problem is just the fact that people think 7KB is crap. But I like my avatar which is lord knows how many KB.
Marthyboy88 Posted at: 08:37 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198032
Marthyboy88
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 09-Jun-2005 Bronco11 said:Screw Them!
uhhhhh...i wouldn't say that about us if i were you...
Bronco11 Posted at: 08:39 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198033
Bronco11
+
+
Hey man just my opinion. Don't worry about it too much. It's probably Cez who is a pain to us and you also.
Marthyboy88 Posted at: 08:54 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198036
Marthyboy88
Forum GuestMember
+
+
*random question to you bronco*

do you play ssbm very much?
Bronco11 Posted at: 09:00 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198039
Bronco11
+
+
No. I'm getting it tommorow. My mom gave me 40$ for completing the School Year.
Marthyboy88 Posted at: 09:03 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198041
Marthyboy88
Forum GuestMember
+
+
OK wow, then you're going to like disregard everything you've heard from the "vets" of this board ok? I'm serious...you need to like read the stuff the gfagers posted...

WOW guys I'm shocked! I think this will be the VERY FIRST PERSON EVER WHO WILL START PLAYING THIS GAME WITH ALL OF OUR INFORMATION AND NOT START OUT ALL NEWBISH AND SUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOMG!!!
Bronco11 Posted at: 09:39 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198055
Bronco11
+
+
u talkin to me?
Cez Posted at: 10:26 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198096
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 09-Jun-2005 Alucard258 said:Umm... I dont see any major problems in the layout. Havent tried adding an avatar yet. Hmm.... I dunno. I think most of them were just angered and started attacking the site in general instead of just Cez.
Okay, what have I supposedly done now? Unless I'm severely misinterpreting this, you just accusd me of attacking the layout of the site... which I didn't, by the way. Care to explain yourself a bit?
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
Alucard258 Posted at: 11:11 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198158
Alucard258
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Umm... because you plagerized someones work maybe? Or did you just for get about that? When did I say that you messed with the layout? NEVER.
TRH Posted at: 11:17 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198171
TRH
+
+
Take away Cez moderatorship.

Seriously.

He calls us "n00bs" and considers himself superior to us just because he has the moderator status. That's no good way to act as a moderator, you should be the one people look up to in this forum, but you're acting like a 13 year old.

This is NOT because of Cez's obvious plagiarism, but because of the way he acted:

"What's more, I can't believe you guys could post 4 WHOLE PAGES of flame posts - directed at a moderator,"
Moderator, so what?

"and expect to get away with it."
Get away with it?

"Every single one of you GameFAQ n00bs"
Stop, that's just not cool.

"and in future, try thinking before you start flame wars against your superiors."
What makes you our superior?

"In this case, I'm the mod and you guys are the n00bs."
I'm curious why that would change ANYTHING?

"*Reports n00bs..."

In another thread:
"You guys have a problem, feel free to talk it over in the Staff Forum. What? You're not mods? You're just a bunch of n00bs"
Hmm..

" who flooded here on the off-chance that someone might have stolen your essay (which, I wouldn't mind betting, you haven't exactly got a copyright on)?"
More or less admitting to plagiarism.
Gea Posted at: 11:19 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198173
Gea
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The fact you did not give credit where credit is due makes it wrong. Being a moderator you have a duty to do the right thing anyways. This isn't to say you're perfect, because obviously you are from from that Cez. But even what you say is true and you got it from a friend you should have either attempted to trace it back, or put a note saying you in no way wrote that and do not know what the owner is. If you go to court over this sort of thing and say, "Well I never actually SAID it was mine." You'd get the pants sued right off of you.

Some of the flaming was wrong. But you just proved them right by locking the topic before trying to make everyone happy. Instead you added fuel to the fire and made another mistake.
The Amazing One Posted at: 11:47 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198226
The Amazing One
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 09-Jun-2005 Team SuperCheats said:I found the thread on gamefaqs which brought a lot of you guys here... Going through it I found a lot of criticism towards the site... While there is not much we can do about the members, there is a lot of stuff we can do with regard to improving the site and board.

If anyone wants to post an constructive criticism here, please do so and we can try to address the issues. The were some posts like the layout is crap, the avatar system sucks etc...

Could you let us know in more detail what exactly is wrong...

For example, the layour sucks because, it doesn't take up the whole page or it's too dark etc...

Or let us know what error you get when you try to upload an avatar...

This kind of feedback from users new to our site would be very helpful and appreciated.
Apparently some people are finding glitches in the site, although I haven't encountered that many. It seems that they're being fixed pretty quickly. I have no problem with the layout. And I didn't try to upload an avatar--I just used one on this site. But seriously I haven't encountered any problems browsing this site. If I were to give any suggestions about the layout I'd probably end up describing GameFAQs's layout, because that's the layout I'm used to. But I guess layouts for different sites are different and people just have to get used to a particular layout.
Cylun Posted at: 11:52 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198234
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
This may just be my own pitiful computer, but something with your site won't let me upload an avatar from my computer. Its a jpeg less than 10k and smaller than 100x100. Yes, I am a gfaqer, though admitedly far weaker than all the others here.
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
The Amazing One Posted at: 12:01 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198248
The Amazing One
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey, here's another problem. On some users where it says "Member Since" and "Status" it doesn't say anything. Do you know why?
Cez Posted at: 12:36 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198313
Cez
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 09-Jun-2005 Gea said:The fact you did not give credit where credit is due makes it wrong. Being a moderator you have a duty to do the right thing anyways. This isn't to say you're perfect, because obviously you are from from that Cez. But even what you say is true and you got it from a friend you should have either attempted to trace it back, or put a note saying you in no way wrote that and do not know what the owner is. If you go to court over this sort of thing and say, "Well I never actually SAID it was mine." You'd get the pants sued right off of you.

Some of the flaming was wrong. But you just proved them right by locking the topic before trying to make everyone happy. Instead you added fuel to the fire and made another mistake.
Ans which of you guys is planning to sue me? And, if you don't mind explaining, how do you intend to do so? You have no idea who I am, where I live... in fact, all you have is an internet username. Good luck sueing me with that to track me down by.
10000 posts at last! w00t! Okay, I'm off into a quiet retirement. Don't bother me.
Camerupt773 Posted at: 12:39 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198319
Camerupt773
+
+
On 09-Jun-2005 The Amazing One said:Hey, here's another problem. On some users where it says "Member Since" and "Status" it doesn't say anything. Do you know why?
Your password is not long enough. Make it 8 characters or more and you won't have that problem.
Cylun Posted at: 12:43 Jun09 2005 Post ID: 198329
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ans which of you guys is planning to sue me? And, if you don't mind explaining, how do you intend to do so? You have no idea who I am, where I live... in fact, all you have is an internet username. Good luck sueing me with that to track me down by.

You fell quite quickly from "I didn't know" to "It is not my fault, and you can't sue me anyway" to "It is my fault but you cannot catch me", and the last of which had a typo in the first word. We are not planning to sue you, cez. But I cannot say whether or not you will still be a mod by the end of the month.
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 147308

Post Top
Click to close