Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Assassins Creed

Info on the game.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
superblobby Posted at: 05:49 Nov06 2007 Post ID: 1983339
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
+
Assassin's Creed is a video game being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. The game is due for release in November 2007.[1] On September 22, 2007, Ubisoft announced the PC version has been delayed until early 2008.[3]

The game takes place during the Third Crusade, in the year 1191. The player assumes the role of Alta�r ('D7'&1, Arabic, "The Flying One"), a member of the Hashshashin sect (the original "assassins"), whose objective is to slay the nine historical figures who are propagating the Crusades. As the player finds and kills these targets, their conspiracy is unveiled. The player will be able to travel through three cities: Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus.

The environment is completely interactive, from the people to the historically accurate cities. These cities are populated by many people, and the way the player controls Alta�r affects how the bystanders around him react to his presence. For example, when going through a crowd, if the player lightly moves someone out of the way, it will not have a significant effect. However, if the player throws someone to the ground and kills them, the crowd may unite against him and he will then have to find a way out. Similarly, if the player shoves a person aside, they may shove him back. If he climbs walls, civilians will gather around, attracting unwanted attention from guards.

Gameplay

The player will be able to grab onto and climb almost any aspect of the environment, which means exploration will be possible to a greater degree than in most other games. Ubisoft boasts that any object that stands out more than two inches will be interactive.

The control scheme in Assassin's Creed will be significantly different from that of the typical game. Rather than explicitly specifying what actions Alta�r will take, the player presses buttons corresponding to his various body parts and the game attempts to figure out what action should be taken. For example, running toward a wall and pressing the "legs" button will cause Alta�r to jump over a wall, while pressing the "arms without weapons" button will cause him to vault it. Virtually all movement through the environment can be done with just the left thumbstick alone, including walking, running, climbing, jumping, and swinging from poles. The only movement exception appears to be sprinting and starting a wall climb, which requires one to be sprinting first. Also, at the E3 2007 playable demo, pressing the R1 button will switch Altair from free-running mode to fighting mode However, when moving through crowds at a run you will stumble over anyone you run into, so you can also shove people aside as you run past to move faster and avoid tripping. It has not been revealed what the control scheme will be for PC users.

A major selling point is "social stealth": the ability to blend in with a crowd (as opposed to simply hiding in shadows) by performing actions that would be socially inconspicuous; for instance disguising the character among a crowd of monks, as was shown in the trailer.

It also appears that the player will be able to battle many historical figures, including the Order of the Knights Templar.

Background

News has also circulated about a "sci-fi twist", due to information from developer interviews, and some effects visible in trailers of the game. It is theorized that the historical setting may be a simulation, or perhaps some sort of genetic memory, for purposes of training or other gain, being undertaken by an unknown group in the present or near future. During a trailer shown at E3, the screen would glitch and go fuzzy at times, and at one point where Alta�r is killed, the screen fades to black and then shows a head's up display with the words "computer offline" with a woman in a labcoat behind the display. Trailers shown at E3 07 reveal further evidence of this, such as a futuristic looking health bar, effects resembling readouts surrounding locked-on enemies and a rather lengthy conversation with a dying enemy surrounded by a white background. Ubisoft has confirmed that Assassin's Creed will be part of a trilogy, and has also stated that one or both of the sequels may have a futuristic setting.[citation needed]

In support of the idea that it centers around genetic memory, structural formulas for nucleic acids, apparently arranged into a strand of DNA, can be found in the background of the official website. [5]

On September 28, 2006, in an interview with IGN, producer Jade Raymond confirmed that Alta�r is "a medieval hitman with a mysterious past" and that he is not a time traveler.[6]
The producers of the game take pride in its historical accuracy. The locations in the game are distinctive models of the cities. All of Alta�r's targets are also historic leaders who died or disappeared in the year 1191 (though not necessarily assassinated).

Source: Wikipedia

So what are your thoughts?
England; time setters for the entire world.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
guy in oakland Posted at: 15:45 Nov07 2007 Post ID: 1985018
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
game looks AWESOME,IMO a game of the year candidate.although I will read some reviews before I think about renting/buying the game

PSN-intayaz

superblobby Posted at: 11:18 Nov08 2007 Post ID: 1986117
superblobby
+
+
I will most probably get this game, nearer to Christmas, but, it is a must.
guy in oakland Posted at: 09:45 Nov14 2007 Post ID: 1992196
guy in oakland
+
+
release is today...

PSN-intayaz

superblobby Posted at: 13:29 Nov14 2007 Post ID: 1992292
superblobby
+
+
I'm not getting it yet, as SvR08 is taking up much time, but it's definately on the list.
faragon Posted at: 07:43 Nov17 2007 Post ID: 1995688
faragon
Post Likes: 0
+
+
its already out dude
guy in oakland Posted at: 10:35 Nov17 2007 Post ID: 1995950
guy in oakland
+
+
yeah we know that.........

PSN-intayaz

superblobby Posted at: 14:36 Nov17 2007 Post ID: 1996273
superblobby
+
+
I've played it at my friends house, and it's OK. Although I don't think I'll be getting this game now.
guy in oakland Posted at: 23:30 Nov17 2007 Post ID: 1997129
guy in oakland
+
+
yeah I see it overall as another okay game,but worth renting...not buying

PSN-intayaz

superblobby Posted at: 08:17 Nov18 2007 Post ID: 1997412
superblobby
+
+
I played this game for a few hours this morning, at my friends house. I'm not buying the game.

The graphics rule, but its just, a little....boring?
guy in oakland Posted at: 15:45 Nov18 2007 Post ID: 1997991
guy in oakland
+
+
I would not say its boring unless I got through half of the game,thats the time you can really judge a game since you will be used to the gameplay,and the new addtions.So far I will agree though it was a tad bit over-hyped

PSN-intayaz

superblobby Posted at: 16:00 Nov18 2007 Post ID: 1998017
superblobby
+
+
I find it boring, as it's so...

I'm not into this game, at all. I may get it, when the pre-owned decrease in value.
Gravity Posted at: 18:39 Nov18 2007 Post ID: 1998228
Gravity
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i bought this game yesterday and it's great.
superblobby Posted at: 07:21 Nov19 2007 Post ID: 1998618
superblobby
+
+
What is it you like about the game? Share.
guy in oakland Posted at: 12:22 Nov19 2007 Post ID: 1998776
guy in oakland
+
+
the games price won't be going down for a while

PSN-intayaz

/-/ Jett /-/ Posted at: 16:13 Nov27 2007 Post ID: 2008897
/-/ Jett /-/
+
+
Well i got this game 5 days ago on 360, and it is the maddest game ever. You can scale any building, leap rooftops, you can dive onto enemies and assassinate them, and the fight scenes are really good too. What do you guys find so boring about it?

Add me on xbox live, Il AZA Il if you can't see the 2 letters on each side of AZA there an i and an L, I play COD 4 and Halo 3.

Gamertag is iL AZA iL except i's are caps L's are lower case.
[/center]
superblobby Posted at: 09:43 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2009663
superblobby
+
+
I got up to the bit like, in the town, with some guy beating a worker to death, and up to there, it just didn't do anything for me.

And there is no online feature, not even like...Leaderboards or anything.
/-/ Jett /-/ Posted at: 14:25 Nov28 2007 Post ID: 2009897
/-/ Jett /-/
+
+
Yeah i was hoping for atleast some downloads or something.

Add me on xbox live, Il AZA Il if you can't see the 2 letters on each side of AZA there an i and an L, I play COD 4 and Halo 3.

[/center]
superblobby Posted at: 03:22 Nov29 2007 Post ID: 2010895
superblobby
+
+
I was thinking like leaderboards, like other adventure games, such as Pirates of the Caribbean or something.

Just for a little competition.
/-/ Jett /-/ Posted at: 03:26 Nov29 2007 Post ID: 2010899
/-/ Jett /-/
+
+
Wat would the highscores list though? Like what would the scores be scores of?

[/center]
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close