Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The end of the Earth

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 4 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Shadow_Lord Posted: 14:31 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2029956
Shadow_Lord
Post Likes: 0
+
On 12-Dec-2007 super craig said:Did you hear about that machine that could potentially destroy the planet, a new particle accelerator thats been built somewhere which could in theory create a black hole that could then grow and destroy the planet.
I heard something about that from my biology teacher... I think, suffice it to say, the chances of that happening must be extraordinarily slim.

Oh, and I doubt any terrorist, even if they were somehow able to "get their hands on it", would use it destroy the world. As a general rule, it's not the world terrorists object to, it's nine tenths or more of the people living on it.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
super craig Posted: 14:50 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2030014
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 13-Dec-2007 Cataclysm said:Well, if we look at the Earth and the stages it has been through, then you will see that the time of mammals dominating the world is still just beginning.

Reptiles lived for a rough 200 million years beofre being wiped out by the asteroide that struck the gulf of Mexico, and so far this era has been extremely short. If world history is anything to go bye, then we still have at least a couple of million years left until our race is wiped out, a new age begins and a new species takes our place.

As far as the entire planet ending, I agree that we have an uncalculated amount of time remaining. The most probable way of all life on our planet ending is the sun imploding, seeing as stars die out every few seconds. The sun will have to end one day or another, and even if it does end soon, it has been confirmed that light would continue reaching Earth for a further four years, giving us at least a little time to prepare ourselves.
True, but if you take world history for other things as well, we're supposedly overdue for a big meteor strike or a giant volcano eruption and several other things that could cut our time on Earth shorter.

I wonder what we would do in those 4 years, not much I assume since there would be nothing that would stop it. Apprently Mars would still be ok so if we are still around then and have moved to Mars we should be ok, though quite what we would do with no light I don't know.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

jord-t Posted: 15:24 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2030054
jord-t
+
we wont move to mars for thousands of years, we do not have the equipment

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 17:30 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2030234
darkraiarceus911
+
what about the moon? well not like it will make a difference on how the earth and moon will end

N/ A Posted: 23:14 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2030721
N/ A
+
On 08-Dec-2007 jord-t said:Hello, thank you for clicking onto my topic.

I have created this topic to see what views you have on when the world will end and how it will end. There are many kinds of ways people believe the world will end, for example the December 2012 the world is meant to end, there are many rumors about this, but we've seen rumors like this before, like the world was meant to end in 2000 as well and as you know that didn't happen.

Do you think the world will be coming to an end anytime soon? I am really not sure and i wanted to see your views on the topic.

Thanks for reading
If you're a Christian you'll have noticed some of the signs to the end coming. No one knows when exactly life will end, but I feel it's not too much farther off.

Beyond that I can't honestly say, nor do I want to turn this into a religious debate.

not-applicable @ live . com (No spaces.)
Shadowcheater Posted: 23:15 Dec13 2007 Post ID: 2030722
Shadowcheater
Mr. Tambourine Man
+
The moon has no air and water.Which can make us die.

Enter the doors of PXE!

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the Fire."
jord-t Posted: 09:18 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2030876
jord-t
+
If the end really is that close, how come nobody has made a big deal about it

marielue5 Posted: 11:15 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2030966
marielue5
+
well,I think that the world wont end till a while,I mean i cant put a date on when it will,but I say not for a while. Now,as for how it will end,if your looking at it from a christain view,(which im a christain)then i would say that it will end after God comes back,(the rapture happens)and after the antichrist is on the earth for 7 years, then the world will end because we will all be in heaven for the thousend year reign.

thats my opinion on the matter, and by the way, global warming is real thats no aurgument, the aurgument is if its having a big enough effect on the earth to end it, while people are still on the earth, and i would say no to that theory, because i believe the bible, when it says God will come back,(the rapture)and saten will be here for 7 years etc. etc. etc.
so i dont think global warming will end the world.

« Last edited by marielue5 on Dec 14th 2007 »
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 16:21 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2031242
Kenny 2x4
+
So according to you from your readings of the bible God will effectively allow Satan a traitorous Angel to be set free and loose from hell onto Earth? Sounds a bit weird for a benevolent God.
Mehsers.
Besides that I do also believe us accelerating Global Warming will be the end of us and the world.

« Last edited by Kenny 2x4 on Dec 14th 2007 »
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
marielue5 Posted: 17:12 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2031374
marielue5
+
On 14-Dec-2007 Kenny 2x4 said:So according to you from your readings of the bible God will effectively allow Satan a traitorous Angel to be set free and loose from hell onto Earth? Sounds a bit weird for a benevolent God.
Mehsers.
Besides that I do also believe us accelerating Global Warming will be the end of us and the world.
yes acording(not to me)to the book of revolation there will be 7 years which saten(the antichrist) will be on the earth(now he comes on the earth after the rapture happens)then after the 7 years God places saten(the antichrist)in the bottemless pit then the thousand year reign happends etc.etc.etc.

EDIT:global warming wont be the worlds downfall/end while global warming is happining we dont need to worry about it (this may sound weird to you)because God will come back (the rapture will happen)thus earth wont end till after he comes back and we are in heaven

« Last edited by marielue5 on Dec 14th 2007 »
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

darkraiarceus911 Posted: 18:35 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2031453
darkraiarceus911
+
oh yeah I forgot to say scientists say that a meteor is supposed to hit the Bay area in the US, right near where I live in 2013 it could possibly miss but if it goes of the side then it will hit this thing next to the earth ,and head straight for it. I`m not sure if it will be catastrophic though =[

Shadowcheater Posted: 01:37 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2031740
Shadowcheater
Mr. Tambourine Man
+
Anything that has a beginning, must have an end. My teacher said, if a comet hits the Earth. Earth will torn into pieces, is this true?

Enter the doors of PXE!

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the Fire."
Cataclysm Posted: 04:04 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2031775
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
Comets hit the Earth every day, but most of them burn up beofre they can even reach the surface. Even if a large enough meteor did manage to pass through the atmosphere and impact against the earth, the whole planet would not be torn apart if it was anything near the size of the previous asteroide. A number of seismic reactions would take place, including earthquakes and volcanoes. The materials thrown up into the air by the strike force would also fall back down again with considerable force. But the main cause of extinction of human life would be the unbalancing of the food chain. At first, all manner of plants would die out, causing many of the other animals to end in turn. By my own calaculations we would be last due to our technology, but eventually with no ailments, we would also die out slowly.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 06:16 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2031807
Kenny 2x4
+
On 15-Dec-2007 Cataclysm said:Comets hit the Earth every day, but most of them burn up beofre they can even reach the surface. Even if a large enough meteor did manage to pass through the atmosphere and impact against the earth, the whole planet would not be torn apart if it was anything near the size of the previous asteroide. A number of seismic reactions would take place, including earthquakes and volcanoes. The materials thrown up into the air by the strike force would also fall back down again with considerable force. But the main cause of extinction of human life would be the unbalancing of the food chain. At first, all manner of plants would die out, causing many of the other animals to end in turn. By my own calaculations we would be last due to our technology, but eventually with no ailments, we would also die out slowly.
Speaking of using technology that's why they do the plant genetic growth or something.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Shadowcheater Posted: 10:47 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032024
Shadowcheater
Mr. Tambourine Man
+
If all plants die, then there will be no oxygen for us to breathe in.

Enter the doors of PXE!

jord-t Posted: 11:38 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032110
jord-t
+
It doesn't like a good end for the world really then

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 14:31 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032419
Kenny 2x4
+
On 13-Dec-2007 jord-t said:we wont move to mars for thousands of years, we do not have the equipment
We'd also have to create some form of atmostphere to live under so that we don't start inflating.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 14:32 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032422
Kenny 2x4
+
On 15-Dec-2007 Shadowcheater said:If all plants die, then there will be no oxygen for us to breathe in.
Well yeah obviously due to the fact that there won't be any photosynthesising from plants.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
super craig Posted: 17:06 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032719
super craig
+
On 14-Dec-2007 marielue5 said:yes acording(not to me)to the book of revolation there will be 7 years which saten(the antichrist) will be on the earth(now he comes on the earth after the rapture happens)then after the 7 years God places saten(the antichrist)in the bottemless pit then the thousand year reign happends etc.etc.etc.

EDIT:global warming wont be the worlds downfall/end while global warming is happining we dont need to worry about it (this may sound weird to you)because God will come back (the rapture will happen)thus earth wont end till after he comes back and we are in heaven
I'm not about to get into the whole religous thing because its not my strong point but didn't God supposedly make humans stewards of the Earth, meaning that we had to look after it and make it better than when we found it, well if we don't do something about global warming and it did ruin the Earth then wouldnt we have failed?
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Pooly Posted: 17:18 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2032727
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
On 11-Dec-2007 Shadow_Lord said:So... by your calculations, the sun, nevermind the Earth, has only been around since roughly the start of Imperial Rome? Right...

The sun is about halfway through its lifetime. However, that still gives it another 4.5 billion years. Admittedly before that it will expand and fry all life on Earth, but that's still not going to be for at the very least several hundred million years more.
One of my Science teachers said the Earth was 2/3s of the way through it's life.
I think Earth will end in the year 5Billion or something because of a supernova.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Displaying Page 4 of 7

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close