Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Marijuana

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
sworder1 Posted: 13:57 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2031045
sworder1
Post Likes: 0
+
This is a topic that really agitates me. Everybody says that weed is wrong and that it kills people and other people are killed by people using it, well cigarettes kill people and there legal and I never here of any stoners going out and getting someone killed so thats why I wonder why is weed illegal exactly?

Favorite Games:
1. Gears of War (Best Game Ever!!!)
2. Final Fantasy Series (FF7 forever)
3. F.E.A.R. Series (Very Creepy and Good)
4. Guitar Hero 1,2,&3 (Less Talk More Rokk by FreezePop...rock on!)
5. Rachet and Clank Series (Favorite Lombax and little robot duo)
6. Call of Duty Series (Take Cover and Kick Some @$$!!!)
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 16:08 Dec14 2007 Post ID: 2031202
Flareon Dude_
+
Many good reasons, but before those, here's the thing about marijuana: marijuana does not kill you, it lowers your I.Q. level greatly, thus making you an idiot. So, whenever someone calls a marijuana smoker an idiot, they are right.

Now for the good reasons why marijuana is illegal:
1- it makes you an idiot. literally.

2- In the hands of minors and the immature, marijuana can create problems. For example, a group of friends could be camping out in the cold, and decide to smoke some marijuana. They'll get that 'high' for the time being, but, while in that state, they will have altered judgement and coordination skills. So, this group of people could, out of nowhere, decide to just play 'jack jumped over the candlestick' and jump over the fire. With an altered coordination level, one of those people could fall into that fire and burn alive. The friends would just sit there, watch him burn alive, and just laugh cause they have an altered level of judgement. Thus, instead of saving their friend's life, they just sit there and watch. (<- happened to a friend of mine. Luckily, one of the people there decided to NOT smoke.)

3. Making Marijuana legal for purchase, distribution, and smoking would create crime problems. One little fun act about marijuana: you can have black-outs. A black-out is basically a short period of time when you lose your memory and have absolutely no recollection of the events that had happened during the time of the black-out. For example, a man could kill his wife for whatever reason, and when the fingers are pointing in his direction, he could just claim that he was legally smoking marijuana, and that he had a black-out during the time of his wife's murder. Thus, he gets of the hook for man-slaughter. (<-kinda pulled outta ***, there).

Any questions?
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
N/ A Posted: 23:16 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2033297
N/ A
+
"marijuana does not kill you, it lowers your I.Q."

It kills you brain cells, to be more technical about it. So does chocolate in large amounts though, people eat that constantly. Those don't grow back. Most of the time that affects your I.Q. I actually know some really smart weed-smokers.

It's still bad except for the rare occasion it can be used for effective medical purposes.

not-applicable @ live . com (No spaces.)
Shadow_Lord Posted: 07:25 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033595
Shadow_Lord
+
The reason cannabis (aka marijuana) is banned and cigarettes aren't is not because it's anymore dangerous. Indeed, cigarettes are for more dangerous than cannabis, although to be fair the latter's health risks are often under-stated. I once heard that tobacco, were it introduced today, would, in fact, be a class A drug, although how accurate this statement is I'm not entirely sure. But the reason cigarettes aren't banned is threefold:

1) They've been around in Western culture for a long time. Hence they're traditional etc. etc. It also means a good proportion of the population of Western countries is already addicted.
2) The tobacco companies are large, rich, and influential. They're not going down without a fight.
3) Western governments get huge amounts of tax off cigarette sales. (If you buy a packet of cigarettes, more than half the cost is tax.)

So there you have it. That's why cigarettes aren't banned but cannabis is.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Pooly Posted: 08:07 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033643
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
Along with what the others have said Marijuana can have other long term effects on your body.
Like Schizophrenia, in our Biology class we were given something to read about cannabis, it said that a 19 year old student who had just got top mark in all his exams had killed himself, why? Because he'd smoked a few joints a few weeks before and it was revealed he had Schizophrenia, he was treated for it and thought to be healthy, then he became depressed because of the cannabis from before, then he threw himself under a train.

That's another reason why it's illegal.

« Last edited by Pooly on Dec 16th 2007 »

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Shadow_Lord Posted: 10:41 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033828
Shadow_Lord
+
Pooly's quite correct. I have my own example to add to that. A girl in my family (not close family; 2nd cousin several times removed or something. I've only heard about this once, from my great aunt) was a great piano player, extremely talented, I hear. She got good marks in exams as well. All in all, an intelligent, talented young woman. Then she did cannabis and became schizophrenic. Now she can't play the piano at all and has to be kept in an institution.

Furthermore, another reason why cannabis is illegal is that it's what's known as a 'gateway drug'. While you're under it's effects, you're generally more laid back about what you'll try and what you won't try. So if someone offers you, say, heroin, while you're high on cannabis, you're much more likely to try it and get addicted to that, too. And heroin's a lot more serious than cannabis, I think you can agree.

« Last edited by Shadow_Lord on Dec 16th 2007 »
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
jrich49676 Posted: 10:51 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033845
jrich49676
+
okay, nobodyy judge me but i WAS a stoner in seventh grade and i have yet to become depress or schizophrenic and i actually got worse grades before i smoked pot

RIP Marvee Johnson March 26, 1986-September 2, 2007
Shadow_Lord Posted: 11:51 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033943
Shadow_Lord
+
No one's saying "If you smoke cannabis, you will definitely become a schizophrenic." All I'm saying is that there's a definite connection. As for you getting worse grades before, that's most likely just co-incidence.
[center]

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 12:18 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2033998
Flareon Dude_
+
<.<

it's schizphoria, not -phorenia....

anywho, marijuana, in general, just does so much different things to the body, causing it's illegalization. Basically, it's VERY unhealthy. Sure, it's debatable that cigarettes are healthier-unhealthier, but still, it's basically illegal just because of the amount of things it can do to the body. As for cigarette-smoking, it's a smaller amount of things that can be done to the body.
I'm gone...
super craig Posted: 19:21 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2034752
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 16-Dec-2007 Flareon Dude_ said:<.<

anywho, marijuana, in general, just does so much different things to the body, causing it's illegalization. Basically, it's VERY unhealthy. Sure, it's debatable that cigarettes are healthier-unhealthier, but still, it's basically illegal just because of the amount of things it can do to the body. As for cigarette-smoking, it's a smaller amount of things that can be done to the body.
I think that, that is one of the big reasons why it is illegal but Cigarettes are not. Cigarettes have a very slight affect on how you behave, having a cigarette is highly unlikely to cause any change to your personailty. On the other hand marijuana does quite radically affect your behaviour, in response to the first post people are killed by Marijuana everyday, maybe not by the drug but certainly because of car accidents where a driver has been under the influence of the drug, which you don't get with cigarettes.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

jrich49676 Posted: 19:25 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2034756
jrich49676
+
but that certainly can happen with alcohol...

besides, if people dont to smoke they dont have too....on top of that, if the government controlled the distribution of weed, and it was legal, it would certainly get hellalot richer, and out of the debt bush put us into

RIP Marvee Johnson March 26, 1986-September 2, 2007
super craig Posted: 19:33 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2034768
super craig
+
On 16-Dec-2007 jrich49676 said:but that certainly can happen with alcohol...

besides, if people dont to smoke they dont have too....on top of that, if the government controlled the distribution of weed, and it was legal, it would certainly get hellalot richer, and out of the debt bush put us into
Indeed, and there was a proposal a few months/years to make alcohol in England a class A drug, which considering the money they make from tax the government obviously didn't.

I think a problem with your idea is that, even if it could be effectively distributed it still wouldn't stop people selling it and other people getting more than what they should have, you would have to monitor pretty much anyone who smokes it constantly, which would be impratical and you would be back to square one.

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 21:27 Dec16 2007 Post ID: 2034845
Flareon Dude_
+
On 16-Dec-2007 super craig said:I think that, that is one of the big reasons why it is illegal but Cigarettes are not. Cigarettes have a very slight affect on how you behave, having a cigarette is highly unlikely to cause any change to your personailty. On the other hand marijuana does quite radically affect your behaviour, in response to the first post people are killed by Marijuana everyday, maybe not by the drug but certainly because of car accidents where a driver has been under the influence of the drug, which you don't get with cigarettes.
yes, that's all true, but not quite the point I was getting at, Craig.

I was saying that, on average, marijuana does a greater amount of effects to the body.

Say, just as an example, cigarette-smoking did, say, 5 things to your health, marijuana-smoking would do 20 things. Get the point i'm getting at?
I'm gone...
Pooly Posted: 12:27 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036571
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
I definitely do.
Overall Marijuana is dangerous and stupid.
As Shadow_Lord said it makes you more laid back, and while like this there's a greater chance you'll try something like Heroin and possibly risk catching AIDS or HIV if you share a needle.
Not only does it do this but Cannabis also seriously f***s up your co-ordination, and intelligence overall, there's a kid in my year at school who's a cannabis user, he was already stupid but in Science the other day when we we're looking at Marijuana he said that it doesn't do anything harmful to you and everything we looked at was bulls**t.
Another example of how it makes people stupid.

« Last edited by Pooly on Dec 18th 2007 »

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Shadow Cast Posted: 12:37 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036577
Shadow Cast
+
From what I've learned from my Science classes and S.P.H.E 'Weed' can damage Brain cells which are the most important cells in your body. Without Brain Cells you'd literally wouldn't be able to do anything. (So lowering the amount of them makes you dumb as stated before).

It makes you 'high' (slang term) too. Once or after being 'high' you feel like doing absolutely nothing and get very idle. It can cause the munchies too, which is where you eat a lot of sweets and chocolate. Eating a lot of bad foods can also make you destroy more cells making you even dumber and more inclined to be a 'couch potato'. So it's the aftermath of smoking t that also cause damage. It also can irritate/destroy the lungs more than the average cigarette. BUT, that's what I've been told by my S.P.H.E teacher. My biology teacher says otherwise. that cigarettes have things such as tar in them. Cannabis/Weed (which btw is slightly different) doesn't have this. Tough it may, I'm not too sure.

« Last edited by Shadow Cast on Dec 18th 2007 »

Rhodri Posted: 12:37 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036578
Rhodri
+
On 16-Dec-2007 Flareon Dude_ said:<.<

Incorrect, it is schizophrenia.
rhodri(dot)k(at)googlemail(dot)com
super craig Posted: 12:54 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036591
super craig
+
On 16-Dec-2007 Flareon Dude_ said:yes, that's all true, but not quite the point I was getting at, Craig.

I was saying that, on average, marijuana does a greater amount of effects to the body.

Say, just as an example, cigarette-smoking did, say, 5 things to your health, marijuana-smoking would do 20 things. Get the point i'm getting at?
Yes, I sort of went off at a tangent when I replied last time. Cigarettes may cause less things but too more people, you don't even have to smoke to be affected by it, just been near a smoker is enough to cause damage, espically over a long period of time and it is my understanding that that doesn't happen with Marijuana.

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 14:32 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036691
Flareon Dude_
+
Rhodri- prove it.

Oh, and yeah, being near a smoker and inhaling the smoke is what damages your lungs. It's called Second-Hand smoking, cause you're not doing the actualy act of smoking, but being affected by someone who is doing it.

And actually, it's almost similar to effects of second-hand marijuana-smoking. The cigarettes will damage your lungs, while the marijuana will get you that 'high', only at a slower rate, since it's less smoke being inhaled.
I'm gone...
Shadow Cast Posted: 14:37 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036712
Shadow Cast
+
On 18-Dec-2007 Flareon Dude_ said:Rhodri- prove it.

Oh, and yeah, being near a smoker and inhaling the smoke is what damages your lungs. It's called Second-Hand smoking, cause you're not doing the actualy act of smoking, but being affected by someone who is doing it.

And actually, it's almost similar to effects of second-hand marijuana-smoking. The cigarettes will damage your lungs, while the marijuana will get you that 'high', only at a slower rate, since it's less smoke being inhaled.
Result for your inquiry

And Rhodri is right, if my knowledge and that site serve me well...

« Last edited by Shadow Cast on Dec 18th 2007 »

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 18:19 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2037274
Flareon Dude_
+
'No results found for schizophorenia'

'No results found for schizophoria.'

damn, what is it????
I'm gone...
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next