Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy X

Best thing about FFX

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
jamiebolanisrollin Posted at: 03:00 Dec21 2007 Post ID: 2040352
jamiebolanisrollin
Post Likes: 0
+
+
ok im back with another topic that will be ignored but if anyone does come im asking what did you enjoy most about FFX? or any of the FF series so yea i really liked the battle style of FFX and the aeons
Quote on death
The fear of death often proves mortal, and sets people on methods to save their Lives, which infallibly destroy them.
Joseph Addison (1672-1719) English essayist, poet, and dramatist.

Quote on life

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
gamespro Posted at: 08:44 Dec21 2007 Post ID: 2040495
gamespro
+
+
I agree allowing the player to control the Aeons like the regular characters was a good addition. The Sphere Grid was another good thing about FFX.

sig by Vasco
PSN ID: M-a-s-a-m-u-n-e
teh Fable Posted at: 23:03 Dec21 2007 Post ID: 2041665
teh Fable
+
+
That part can be a pain though, if you have to go all the way back to get something you want that you passed early, but it was blocked by a level 4 key.

The aeon part is good

And blitzball!

gamespro Posted at: 04:35 Dec22 2007 Post ID: 2041897
gamespro
+
+
You can get sphere's that allow you to move around the grid faster like teleport sphere's and friend sphere's though.

« Last edited by gamespro on Dec 22nd 2007 »

sig by Vasco
PSN ID: M-a-s-a-m-u-n-e
Cataclysm Posted at: 04:51 Dec26 2007 Post ID: 2046464
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Not many people say this, but I actually love the soundtrack more than anything. The gameplay is great, and the story is intriguing, but think of how it would be without the music. Every tune sets the mood perfectly for each scene and location.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

guy in oakland Posted at: 13:17 Dec26 2007 Post ID: 2046837
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
I have to agree with that all Final fantasies have an above decent soundtrack,but this one might have been the best

PSN-intayaz

teh Fable Posted at: 16:10 Dec26 2007 Post ID: 2046980
teh Fable
+
+
If you have a surround sound system, all the atmospheric sound, um, sounds so real! Like in the Calm Lands, the wind sounds like it's right there in your house.

balthiersbit Posted at: 18:19 Dec27 2007 Post ID: 2048521
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
+
Hate to be soppy but i liked the romantic storyline it was the one thing missing from ffxii. It just made it a well rounded storyline. The whole story kept you intruiged with its twists and suspense. Thats what makes it one of my favouites.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Cataclysm Posted at: 06:45 Dec28 2007 Post ID: 2048987
Cataclysm
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Well, FFXII didn't have much of a story to it. X on the other hand did. Though you may not realise it, the love stroy is part of what makes Final Fantasy what it is.
Sig and avy by Jam Jar

balthiersbit Posted at: 13:56 Dec28 2007 Post ID: 2049416
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Exactly! The romance is the most compelling part of the game rather than the blitzball which im afraid i didnt really like that much! Although i wasnt that good at it so thats probably why!

Dont get me wrong i loved FFXII but where was the romance and the hearbreaking decisions? Although i bet Balthier would be a heartbreaker...yum!

teh Fable Posted at: 02:25 Dec29 2007 Post ID: 2050382
teh Fable
+
+
FFXII's story line was pretty bad imo. ut the game is still fun.

balthiersbit Posted at: 07:40 Dec29 2007 Post ID: 2050567
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Oh yeah i loved it, its a huge game. I dont think i saw the light of day for months. FFVII i didnt like. The PS2 one not the PS one. I thought it would be a role play not a shoot em up. I hear the new one for the PS3 is a platform?!

jamiebolanisrollin Posted at: 22:10 Dec30 2007 Post ID: 2053543
jamiebolanisrollin
+
+
yay finally i've managed to start a thread with more than 1 comment! i agree about the romance i dont usually go for romantics but ffx tiedis together beutifully
Quote on death
The fear of death often proves mortal, and sets people on methods to save their Lives, which infallibly destroy them.
Joseph Addison (1672-1719) English essayist, poet, and dramatist.

Quote on life

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on.
Robert Frost (1875-1963) American Poet.

Heavens Cloud Posted at: 21:22 Feb12 2008 Post ID: 2118742
Heavens Cloud
+
+
On 28-Dec-2007 balthiersbit said:Exactly! The romance is the most compelling part of the game rather than the blitzball which im afraid i didnt really like that much! Although i wasnt that good at it so thats probably why!

Dont get me wrong i loved FFXII but where was the romance and the hearbreaking decisions? Although i bet Balthier would be a heartbreaker...yum!
I've said it before and I'll say it again, sis.. get a PS1 memory card and get yourself VII, VIII and IX. I can't get over how great the story on VII is. I love this game to bits.. of course the eye candy isn't too great, its best to watch the movie for that *wink* (to quote a Youtube video "Hi-Res Cloud! *drool*). I didn't like VIII but apparently there's a great love story in it. IX is so far great, I'm not sure if there's any romance in it (I'm only on early disc 2, there's just hints really).. but the main lead is a flirt lol.

Speaking of Balthier and heartbreak... he's not going to be happy that you chose the Cloud sig. I slaved over a hot keyboard for five minutes on that Balthier one for you!! Though, the Cloud one is nicer (hehe).
Marill

Sigs: http://www.fifthvoyager.net...res.html
Watch my craptastic vids at: http://www.youtube.com/FifthFantasy
http://www.fifthvoyager.net
Repner Posted at: 23:02 Feb12 2008 Post ID: 2118867
Repner
+
+
On 29-Dec-2007 balthiersbit said:Oh yeah i loved it, its a huge game. I dont think i saw the light of day for months. FFVII i didnt like. The PS2 one not the PS one. I thought it would be a role play not a shoot em up. I hear the new one for the PS3 is a platform?!
Dirge Of Cerberus was just a spin off. The real FF VII is much better.

Yeah, FF XII had the worst story of the series IMO. As I've said many times, I don't consider it a real FF, as there are very few resemblances to the real ones. I few references, but that's it.
Repner Posted at: 23:04 Feb12 2008 Post ID: 2118868
Repner
+
+
On 12-Feb-2008 Heavens Cloud said:I've said it before and I'll say it again, sis.. get a PS1 memory card and get yourself VII, VIII and IX. I can't get over how great the story on VII is. I love this game to bits.. of course the eye candy isn't too great, its best to watch the movie for that *wink* (to quote a Youtube video "Hi-Res Cloud! *drool*). I didn't like VIII but apparently there's a great love story in it. IX is so far great, I'm not sure if there's any romance in it (I'm only on early disc 2, there's just hints really).. but the main lead is a flirt lol.

Speaking of Balthier and heartbreak... he's not going to be happy that you chose the Cloud sig. I slaved over a hot keyboard for five minutes on that Balthier one for you!! Though, the Cloud one is nicer (hehe).
Yeah, all three of those have romance. You'll see that in IX later as you progress.
cheating-is-good Posted at: 21:41 Feb14 2008 Post ID: 2121770
cheating-is-good
+
+
On 26-Dec-2007 Cataclysm said:Not many people say this, but I actually love the soundtrack more than anything. The gameplay is great, and the story is intriguing, but think of how it would be without the music. Every tune sets the mood perfectly for each scene and location.
You are right, that is the brilliant work of Nubuo Uematsu. Who quit for some reason, so now the soundtracks for other games will be different.

I liked The soundtrack, blitzball, controlling the aeons, the twists, and some other stuff.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Repner Posted at: 07:17 Feb15 2008 Post ID: 2122141
Repner
+
+
On 14-Feb-2008 cheating-is-good said:You are right, that is the brilliant work of Nubuo Uematsu. Who quit for some reason, so now the soundtracks for other games will be different.

I liked The soundtrack, blitzball, controlling the aeons, the twists, and some other stuff.
He did the music for Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey

The series hasn't been the same since Hironobu Sakaguchi left the team IMO. I was really let down by FF XII. Sakaguchi also did those two games I mentioned, so I want to check out Lost Odyssey when it's out here later this month.

I want to get Blue Dragon as well. Ian Gillan from Deep Purple sings on the boss battle music.

« Last edited by Repner on Feb 15th 2008 »
cheating-is-good Posted at: 08:53 Feb15 2008 Post ID: 2122267
cheating-is-good
+
+
Lost odyssesy? I think i've heard of that, ill have to check that out.

I thought FFXII was good, new battle system and all that, it was good. But i liked there not being a bunch of romance. Yes it is okay, but some of the games just get ridiculous, i was glad to see that they made FFXII darker, and more serious in nature.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
Repner Posted at: 18:07 Feb15 2008 Post ID: 2122949
Repner
+
+
Yeah, Lost Odyssey looks like a cool game.

I think FF VI was one of the darkest FFs, despite the main villain being a complete maniac. lol
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close