Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Homosexuality Debates

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Next
Catharsis Posted: 18:13 Jan31 2008 Post ID: 2098798
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
Post Likes: 0
+
Okay, this thread is for debates relating to homosexuality. I suppose it might end up being a bit messy, but we can always split it if it doesn't work, I guess.

Here's some examples of things that might be covered in this thread:
- Your personal views on gay rights
- Whether or not homosexuality is a "choice"
- The issue of gay marriage - yes or no?
- Religious views on gay marriage (Yes, this is actually debatable, to a point)

Obviously, don't try and debate all of those at once, it'll all fall apart. And they're just examples, feel free to start a debate on any other related topic you feel is worth discussing.

Okay... go.

« Last edited by Catharsis on Jan 16th 2010 »

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Dark_Moon Posted: 18:23 Jan31 2008 Post ID: 2098816
Dark_Moon
+
- Your personal views on gay rights- Gay people are people too! Every single person in this country has rights! Whether you're black, white, Asian, gay etc.
- Whether or not homosexuality is a "choice" -of course it's a choice! There are millions of choices in life!! You chose to be a homosexual or not
- The issue of gay marriage - yes or no? Yes! What gives someone the right to say you can't marry the one you love!
- Religious views on gay marriage- (I'm not sure)

« Last edited by Dark_Moon on Jan 31st 2008 »
Darklightness1 Posted: 18:34 Jan31 2008 Post ID: 2098830
Darklightness1
+
- Your personal views on gay rights-they should have every right every one else does.
- Whether or not homosexuality is a "choice"- im not sure i think its a choice you make subconciously and that you realy dont knowingly chose to be gay.
- The issue of gay marriage - yes or no?- if you love someone you should be able to marry so yes.
- Religious views on gay marriage (Yes, this is actually debatable, to a point)well i dont think its right but im not against it.

(p.s. sorry about that argument we got into Catharsis)
harlsta Posted: 04:45 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099178
harlsta
+
- Your personal views on gay rights - I believe gays or any person who likes the same sex as them selves have the rights to do what ever a normal person (not saying that they aren't normal) has.

- Whether or not homosexuality is a "choice" - I believe that homosexuality is a choice. Like people can chose to like the same sex as them selves, like it isnt peer persure that makes them do it, its there own choice.

- The issue of gay marriage - I believe in it, Why shouldnt they bealbe to do it. Its just like strieght people if they can why cant gays??.

- Religious views on gay marriage - I believe that gays can. If they are in love why can't they. It would just be the same for strieghts then that means some person comes down and says You too can not get married to each other. I say what ever strieghts can do gays can do.

But the reason why some people dont believe in it is because it is not apperently the real... like...image of God for too people of the same sex to get married. Otherwises God wouldnt of really made female and male. But I believe that gays can do what ever they wont. BTW this is the same for lezos.
To slay the Dragon,
You must first slay the Bee
~ Harlsta

Milliseconds, Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks, Months and Years
Are All Illusions Of Time, Live Life Without Worrying About Them And You Will Be Living Life To The Fullest
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 08:51 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099290
Flareon Dude_
+
Ah, the whole, 'gay rights' issue....

As stated in the Pledge of Alliegance, "...With liberty, and justice, for all."

don't say nothing bout gay people not getting rights in there, now, does it?
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:22 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099349
ShadowsTM
+
As I said before, they are people, they don't bother me , so i'm not bothered at all, what does bother me is them kissing and stuff to get attention, kind of makes me sick.

Jordan

nicko 9000 Posted: 16:21 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099749
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
Here's some examples of things that might be covered in this thread:
- Your personal views on gay rights - rights *** a human being, not as a h
omosexual, we are all the same.
- Whether or not homosexuality is a "choice" It isnt a choice, Im sure alot of gay people would be straight if they had the choice.

- The issue of gay marriage - yes or no? gay marriage is like any other marriage, two people lvoe each other, and want to love the rest of there lifes together, no different to a hetrosexual wedding.

- Religious views on gay marriage (Yes, this is actually debatable, to
a point)

Religion condemns homosexuality, yet, if it was god who created us, why would he make us with the ability to find an attraction to the same sex?
sXe

coachcline Posted: 17:08 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099862
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
Rights: Yes, they're people to

Choice: imo some choose it but some don't

Gay Marriage: No

Religion: The Bible says its an obomination of God so no. But like I say, some choose it, some don't. I think those who choose it aren't right

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
cheating-is-good Posted: 17:17 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099886
cheating-is-go
od
+
Rights:People don't accept it because they don't understand it. They are people as well, and should get the same treatment, and rights as Heterosexual people do.

I think that is a choice, it is a life altering decision that people make, it will change them, and the people around them forever. They will have to deal with the criticsm of most of the world if they do make the choice of being a homosexual, so it is a dangerous one.

As for the Marriage issue, It is still a marrage between two people in love. They are ready to form a marrage, and live a good life together, so I am saying that I think that Gay marrages are the same as Hetero marrages.

Religion:I don't care what religion says, if people want to be homosexual, and marry each other then they are going to do it, regardless of what a book with questionable good will wants them to.

That said, I will not hold it against anyone if they are Homosexual, or anything of the nature, but I would rather not see two Homosexuals kiss, but they are entitled to.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
coachcline Posted: 17:21 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2099894
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
"a book with questionable good will"

I ain't gonna lie c-i-g, that does offend me a little.

I think most do choose it, but some can't help it.

They are people to, but they shouldn't publicly overdo it because that causes torment by others and it makes them look bad.

Catharsis Posted: 18:56 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2100203
Catharsis
+
You guys didn't have to fill in an answer to everything on the list. ._. I was only giving examples of things that might come up in this thread.

It works for now though, I suppose. Here's one for all you people who think that homosexuality is a "choice" - did you wake up one morning and say "Hey, I've finally made up my mind. I'm going to be heterosexual"?

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
Dark_Moon Posted: 19:09 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2100224
Dark_Moon
+
On 01-Feb-2008 Catharsis said:You guys didn't have to fill in an answer to everything on the list. ._. I was only giving examples of things that might come up in this thread.

It works for now though, I suppose. Here's one for all you people who think that homosexuality is a "choice" - did you wake up one morning and say "Hey, I've finally made up my mind. I'm going to be heterosexual"?
I don't personally know any homosexuals but I would guess that it would be a lifelong process to realize you're gay or a lesbian. Of course no one wake up and says "I want to be gay or straight" they probably spend a couple years developing their sexual orientation based on the environment their surrounded with.
Darklightness1 Posted: 19:19 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2100238
Darklightness1
+
On 01-Feb-2008 Dark_Moon said:I don't personally know any homosexuals but I would guess that it would be a lifelong process to realize you're gay or a lesbian. Of course no one wake up and says "I want to be gay or straight" they probably spend a couple years developing their sexual orientation based on the environment their surrounded with.
i completely agree. every person that ive seen (like on tv or know from my old school) all say something on how their environment has something to do with being homosexual, but they dont come right out and say thats why. again i think it takes time for your subconcious to make that decision and that decision is based on how you live.
cheating-is-good Posted: 23:30 Feb01 2008 Post ID: 2100781
cheating-is-go
od
+
It is not a simple choice to make, you cannot make it in day, you will ponder it for a while, and ever after you make you will wonder if you made the right choice. So in a way, I agree with Dark moon. I do know that some turn to homosexuality because they have been shunned by woman, or have had bad experiences with women, so their choice was in a way made for them.

Coachcline-I'm sorry if you feel offended by that, but that's just my opinion on the bible. If you believe the bible to be a guide for all the good people of the world, or if you worship god then just forget about it, it is just my opinion.

« Last edited by cheating-is-good on Feb 1st 2008 »
nicko 9000 Posted: 06:18 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2100896
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
On 01-Feb-2008 Catharsis said:You guys didn't have to fill in an answer to everything on the list. ._. I was only giving examples of things that might come up in this thread.

Scientists have been trying to find out the cause of homosexuality for years, and some believe it happens when your born, but some people change.

I don't believe its a choice, as ive said, I bet alot more people would be hetrosexual if they had a choice.
It just happens naturally, you find your own gender attractive or you don;t its simple, and you cant help that.
sXe

cheating-is-good Posted: 08:40 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2100965
cheating-is-go
od
+
I might be wrong it could be something in the DNA, because it seems that a 'problem' in the DNA strand causes alot of problems. I think for some though that it could actually be a choice, say someone is heterosexual for most of their life, and when they hit 55 they just start like woman less and less, and start liking their same gender more than they used to. They might have to choose if they want to go down that path, because right now they could turn back.
Shadow_Lord Posted: 11:20 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2101101
Shadow_Lord
+
On the subject of "is it a choice?":

I have a good friend who's homosexual, and I know he certainly didn't choose to be that way. No one at a school like ours in their right mind would. Note that there's no point saying "conscious" or "subconscious" choice; by definition, a choice is conscious. As for whether it's to do with a person's lifestyle or experiences: the flaw with this is that it implies that there's one or at most a few factors in one or both of these two areas which cause someone to be gay. To me, this seems preposterous; after all, how can their possibly be a single or small number of connecting factor(s) between such a large proportion of the population?

My view, therefore, is that homosexuality is primarily genetic; however, at the same time, I'm not going to rule out the possibility that there are certain environmental factors which can also cause it.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
nicko 9000 Posted: 12:04 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2101156
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
The enviromental might not cause, it but help influence it.
for example, if everyone you lived with was gay, tjhat might influence your homosexuality, I doubt it would cause it by itself.
sXe

Catharsis Posted: 16:18 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2101499
Catharsis
+
"I have a good friend who's homosexual..."

That'd be me, would it?

"...and I know he certainly didn't choose to be that way."

No, I didn't.

I don't think homosexuality is entirely genetic - I do suspect that there is a strong genetic component, as I recall a study I read a while ago which stated that in something like 52% of cases, when one identical twin was gay, the other was too, which shows that it can't be all genetic, but obviously they do have something to do with it... I know it's not a conscious choice (obviously), so I'd say the rest is down to environmental factors and life experiences.

coachcline Posted: 21:34 Feb02 2008 Post ID: 2102026
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
On 01-Feb-2008 cheating-is-good said:It is not a simple choice to make, you cannot make it in day, you will ponder it for a while, and ever after you make you will wonder if you made the right choice. So in a way, I agree with Dark moon. I do know that some turn to homosexuality because they have been shunned by woman, or have had bad experiences with women, so their choice was in a way made for them.

Coachcline-I'm sorry if you feel offended by that, but that's just my opinion on the bible. If you believe the bible to be a guide for all the good people of the world, or if you worship god then just forget about it, it is just my opinion.
Nah, don't worry about it. I just found out today its a sin to masterbate. OMG! Whistle
Besides everyone has thier own opinions. I'd say some things might be debateable.

Anyway I'd say that most gays, lesbos, bis, etc. make the choice after a long time of strugglein' and decisions. I'd say it would be a hard choice: be discrimnated and tormented and be happy or be treated normal and be unhappy.

Displaying Page 1 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close