Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Homosexuality Debates

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Fwank Posted: 07:58 Feb17 2008 Post ID: 2125052
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
On 16-Feb-2008 Mr_darkside said:I dont think being gay is a choice, your just like it through your genes. It has nothing to do with were you live, the people your around, how you live or basically anything else then that people are born like it just like hair colour and your finger tips.
*sigh*

You're not the absolute authority on human biochemistry/genetics, and we're not looking for mere opinion that's refutable so long as it lacks a credible source...

As for elaborating what you're on about: we should probably sit down and talk about the definition of a homosexual and where we draw the line to identify someone as a homosexual (e.g. if they do not engage in homosexual activities and/or are not sexually aroused by the same sex... etc)

There are plenty of factors behind an individual being labeled as a homosexual, and not all of them are as natural or inevitable as you would imagine.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 09:40 Feb17 2008 Post ID: 2125102
Flareon Dude_
Post Likes: 0
+
When you boil it down, homosexuality is the emotional and physical attraction to the same gender. Nothing more, nothing less.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
ShadowsTM Posted: 12:46 Feb17 2008 Post ID: 2125343
ShadowsTM
+
I totally agree with you FD, if its what they want, let them have it? I mean come on, they aren't doing anyone else any harm leave them be.

Jordan

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 13:36 Feb17 2008 Post ID: 2125445
Kenny 2x4
+
^I agree with that and FD_'s post. They're still people and whatever their sexuality is, it shouldn't matter (possibly even in religious cases too, but IDK). They are still people. (Drawing an analogy now). It's not different to an Indian living in America say or vice versa. They are still people. Whatever they do in their spare time is up to them (though this does eventually have line and this is usually when it comes to right or wrong, but then that's debatable... =S) and we should not really make it something that inhibits them from being who they are and preventing them from being part of a society that they have every right to be part of.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
v-gamer Posted: 00:06 Feb18 2008 Post ID: 2126513
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
On 17-Feb-2008 Kenny 2x4 said:^I agree with that and FD_'s post. They're still people and whatever their sexuality is, it shouldn't matter (possibly even in religious cases too, but IDK). They are still people. (Drawing an analogy now). It's not different to an Indian living in America say or vice versa. They are still people. Whatever they do in their spare time is up to them (though this does eventually have line and this is usually when it comes to right or wrong, but then that's debatable... =S) and we should not really make it something that inhibits them from being who they are and preventing them from being part of a society that they have every right to be part of.
In religious cases, homosexuality and lesbianism aren't what God intended for humans. God intended for a man and a woman to be together.

As for me, I strongly believe that, however I have nothing against homosexuals; I mean, I realize they might believe in something different, and you can't change who they are. So I don't bother with their beliefs.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
balthiersbit Posted: 10:08 Feb18 2008 Post ID: 2126823
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Religion to judge people, to scold people, to create war, to kill.

Who really knows what God thinks as all the bibles have been written by men.

No one really has the right to condemn someone for being gay.
And is it really one of the ten commandments? Thou shalt not have sexual relations with another person of the same sex. I dont really remember that one.

I say do what you want. If it offends so what.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 17:04 Feb18 2008 Post ID: 2127392
Flareon Dude_
+
On 18-Feb-2008 v-gamer said:In religious cases, homosexuality and lesbianism aren't what God intended for humans. God intended for a man and a woman to be together.

As for me, I strongly believe that, however I have nothing against homosexuals; I mean, I realize they might believe in something different, and you can't change who they are. So I don't bother with their beliefs.
Where in the Bible does it say such information?
I'm gone...
SuperStar56 Posted: 17:53 Feb18 2008 Post ID: 2127494
SuperStar56
+
People believe that just because Adam and Eve were male and female, that means that a man and a woman are meant to be. No where (well at least in my bible) does it say two women or two men can't be together in peace. God wants us to be happy on this earth. Whether you are happy with someoone of the same sex or a different sex.

My tribute to the REAL speed racer.
v-gamer Posted: 22:15 Feb19 2008 Post ID: 2128920
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
On 18-Feb-2008 Flareon Dude_ said:Where in the Bible does it say such information?
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." -Genesis 2:24

This is saying that God meant for man and woman to be one.

"And with a man you shall not lie with as a man lies with a woman; it is an abomination." -Leviticus 18:22.
"If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." -Leviticus 20:13.

These statements say that two [wo]men having relations are detestable, or abandoning to what God has meant for a man and woman [refer to Genesis 2:24].
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Fwank Posted: 03:18 Feb20 2008 Post ID: 2129160
Fwank
+
I'm not too sure if I feel comfortable allowing religion to cross paths with a discussion on homosexuality. Do try to argue rationally instead of just referring to a book; I shudder to think of the day I get bored enough to start a religion topic here in SC D&D...

Anyway, I'd like to mention once again that the book is as fallible as the words of man. After all, it was written so and comprehensible by the very same, not to mention it was translated many times over; plenty of things could have gotten lost in translation. If you disagree... yeah, I don't know what to say, except that we'll talk about religion some other time; religion never provides conclusive arguments (unless, we're talking about religion itself)

Back to homosexuals, however:

FD_ - and what if an individual found another to be emotionally attractive without being physically attracted to them? Actually you know what? Scratch that, define "emotionally attractive", I'm keen to hear what you're referring to.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 21:10 Feb20 2008 Post ID: 2129963
Flareon Dude_
+
Emotionally attractive- a characteristic defined by how one feels an intimate bond with another/others, usually in a romantic sense of love.

Oh, and I said 'emotional and physical atrraction'. This, of course, means that both items are required to make it a true statement. Thus, one can exist, but it does not thus constitute to define one as homosexual. Both items must be met in order to constitute one as a homosexual.

Well, in my eyes, anyway.
I'm gone...
Fwank Posted: 06:47 Feb21 2008 Post ID: 2130210
Fwank
+
And there it is.

The emotional attraction you speak off can be written off more accurately as attachment; people readily share this bond with pets/animals, and even inanimate objects to a certain extent.

Physical attraction - i.e. the desire for physical interaction with said subject - is usually what defines a person's "sexuality". Of course, this isn't to say an individual isn't capable of being aroused by [insert subject] that they don't feel a deep connection with, but the point is how the mind perceives the [insert subject].

However, what defines a homosexual, in my opinion, is the inability to tolerate the opposite gender in a sexual manner (I'd use the word "heterophobe" if it were an actual word) to the extent that they find it disturbing... basically the opposite of homophobes. Most gay people I know of fit in this category... as for the bisexuals... they're just not picky I guess? Haven't given too much thought about them...
SomeWhere Posted: 08:19 Feb21 2008 Post ID: 2130255
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
I actually think that it's really scary that gay people haven't become appriciated because some people who think gay people don't have feelings and think that gay people doesn't deserve to be in societies, that is just dumb. Gay people are humans, such as me and you, it's just that they have diffrent sexual appeals. And, being a gay[sound of sarcasm]isn't even a choice, won't you get it? That's something you're born with. If you think it's a choice, grow up and learn more about people.

« Last edited by SomeWhere on Feb 21st 2008 »
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
Fwank Posted: 10:33 Feb21 2008 Post ID: 2130314
Fwank
+
On 21-Feb-2008 SomeWhere said:I actually think that it's really scary that gay people haven't become appriciated because some people who think gay people don't have feelings and think that gay people doesn't deserve to be in societies, that is just dumb. Gay people are humans, such as me and you, it's just that they have diffrent sexual appeals. And, being a gay[sound of sarcasm]isn't even a choice, won't you get it? That's something you're born with. If you think it's a choice, grow up and learn more about people.
Hi there, you must be new here.

Read these rules.

In case you can't be bothered reading the rules (in which case I'll delete your posts outright without even telling you I did), try to at least read everything within a thread before you respond. If you have read the entire thread before you posted, grow up and learn more about posting on D&D: most if not all of your arguments have been brought up and discussed previously (this isn't to say we aren't allowed to revise it, but your post isn't a revision; it's basically ignoring all posts made after OP)

I'd like to think you have some supportive arguments there for your claims that "homosexuality isn't a choice", but so far, it looks as if you're just throwing your opinion out there - which is good - but here, I'd like people to do their homework and provide logical reasoning behind their claims... please do.

Next person to post "I think A is B because of C" - especially if A/B/C have all been mentioned before, and you're not bringing in a new view point, will have their post deleted; it's time to improve post quality.
Kenny 2x4 Posted: 16:02 Feb21 2008 Post ID: 2130636
Kenny 2x4
+
Fwank: in what you said about the Bible before, I absolutely agree with that. The Bible is up to either taking it literally or interpretting it. There are so many things in the Bible that could be said to be contradictary as well.
Taking an argument via religious means generally is quite risky due to easy "bombardment" of criticisms from all sides. I mean if God (presuming there is one) wanted us to be happy, why would he want to have people killed because they are homosexual? (Provided we take it literally that is)
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 16:08 Feb21 2008 Post ID: 2130642
Flareon Dude_
+
I think A is B because of C.

Hmmm. Well, I guess I could see how your definition fits the modern homosexual. But I guess I wouldn't say they are intolerant of the opposite sex sexually, for I have heard of and seen instances in which there are people who experiment with both genders and still can't decide which they prefer.
I'm gone...
Sanzano Posted: 16:36 Feb21 2008 Post ID: 2130672
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
I don't have any problems with homosexuals and lesbians, as far as I am concerned they are normal people like everybody else. The only thing I disagree with is when they get married and adopt a child. That I feel is unfair on the child and besides in the Bible it's always been Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 20:14 Feb21 2008 Post ID: 2130973
Flareon Dude_
+
You got that from 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry', didn't you?

Well, what wrong coul it do for the child? They are growing up in a loving environment with 2 parents and a family, as opposed to being all alone in an orphanage.
I'm gone...
Sanzano Posted: 10:53 Feb22 2008 Post ID: 2131430
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
Yeah that is true, the only problem is they grow up confused.

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 13:16 Feb22 2008 Post ID: 2131570
Kenny 2x4
+
That's a possibility anyways.
If they were a young child then yes they would eventually realise "Hang on how come everyone else has a mum and a daddy, but I only have 2 of the same?"
It is also possible that the child will be bullied for this, but on the other hand it could become more sensitive to what they say about other people and thus a tolerance to different people.
Status = Part Time.

Check it out
Displaying Page 3 of 38
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | 36 | 37 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close