Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

2012, Do you believe?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:38 Mar11 2008 Post ID: 2152019
ShadowsTM
Post Likes: 0
+
Lots of people have heard the rumors of the end of the world in 2012. the theory says that in December 2012 all the planets will be in line and a doomsday planet will knock the planets out of orbit and cause the planets to be dragged into the sun.

I have provided some source videos for you to watch, they are quite long but contain a lot of information:

Part one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=...=related

Part 2:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=...=related

After watching these videos, what do you think?

Jordan

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 20:37 Mar11 2008 Post ID: 2152825
Flareon Dude_
+
Well, a whole group of people once believed a man just like this and did everything that he said. Next day, they all have a big meeting, hundreds of people gathered, and they have a party to celebrate their life. At the same time, in unison, they had a toast, and all took a big sip of punch.

Next thing you know, you got hundreds of cult followers dead because they drank the punch; hence the many numerous hilarious jokes made in recent times.

Anywho, I believe that this is Grade-A bull ****. All that the man predicted is mere coincidence and nothing more. He was no psychic, no prophet, no messiah amongst us. He is just a cult leader who has negatively brainwashed people into believing utter nonsense.

Also, near-everything in our universe is cyclic. That means, if it happens once, chances are that it will happen again. The last planet alignment, if I am not mistaken, was not too long ago. It will not happen for another couple of decades, if not, centuries. There goes your chaos theory.

Also, this doomsday planet.....

Not gonna happen. An object in motion will remain in motion until acted upon by an outside force. That means, something must be moving pretty damn fast if it's gonna move all 9 planets. Regardless, something even bigger than that 'doomsday planet' would have to move it with enough force to begin with. Also, it is impossible to move the Jovian planets. They are spheres of condensed gases that are caught in the Sun's orbit. If anything were to whiz by the Jovian planets, their gravity-pull would have some force on the passing object, either pulling it in and burning it up, or setting it off course. Basically, nothing that big in our known universe will ever come near us or even be able to destroy all 9 planets.

"doomsday planet will knock the planets out of orbit and cause the planets to be dragged into the sun."

Also, impossible. It is even theoretically impossible, but if were even to happen, a planet would move just a couple hundred thousand miles, and that doesn't even necessarily mean that it will go towards the Sun. It would move and either start a new orbit, or move back into it's original orbit.

This is but a mere chaos theory, one that has absolutely no back-up evidence besides a man who got really, really lucky.

« Last edited by Flareon Dude_ on Mar 11th 2008 »
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
ShadowsTM Posted: 11:27 Mar12 2008 Post ID: 2153159
ShadowsTM
+
I see your point, I am not sure whether it is true or not, but like the asteroid not long back it was to frighten people and it didn't happen so I don't really believe

Jordan

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 15:55 Mar12 2008 Post ID: 2153387
Kenny 2x4
+
Like others I believe this "Doomday" thing is utter nonsense.
There've probably been numerous times in the universes timeline where in our galaxy, the Milky Way and other galaxies such as Andromeda have had all the planets lines up together and nothing has happened.
If something were to happen just because of this one time there has to be something else to be happening as well as just the planets coming in align with each other.
So nothing will happen. I stand by that as I have explained.
It's probably happened several times before our time that all our 7 (Neptune got kicked off recently) planets have been in align.
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:15 Mar13 2008 Post ID: 2154176
ShadowsTM
+
Yes, well maybe there is something different with the planets this time or something that could cause problems?

Jordan

cheating-is-good Posted: 12:29 Mar13 2008 Post ID: 2154214
cheating-is-go
od
+
I doubt it.

Too sum up what I want to say, it's complete, and utter crap. The world will not end at 2012, the world didn't end in 2000 when everyone said it would. Over the course of time, many people will spring up, and claim that the world will end soon. Some people will believe it, others won't. People will try to get on with their lives, but the possibility of the world ending will always be lurking in the back of everyone's mind, biting away at everything else until all they can think about is this prophet, and his prediction.

Making them nervous, and sacred, thus creating a lot of confusion and chaos among the people. More people will get drawn into this man's false vision, and eventually, almost everyone believes it. They all scurry around, trying to settle all their debts, and clear everything up before the wolrd ends.

Then, the time of the doomsday will come, people will wait... And nothing will happen. Everyone will be outraged, and scream for the prophet's head. He will be killed in an attack, or be nationally scorned on TV for a long, long time. Eventually, people will forget all about the incident, and get on with their lives. Their fear thrown aside.

Then one day, a new prophet, with a new vision of a doomsday will show up, and cause havoc once again. It's a cycle that has been going on for ages, and will continue to go on until the person decides to shut up, or the world really does end.

I don't believe that the world will end in 2012.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:13 Mar14 2008 Post ID: 2155399
ShadowsTM
+
Well it seems very negative about 2012.

Jordan

Cross Wizard Posted: 11:30 Mar14 2008 Post ID: 2155460
Cross Wizard
+
I doubt the world will end, but we will be gone way before the planet ends.
Just maybe I will be here every now and then.
ShadowsTM Posted: 14:14 Mar14 2008 Post ID: 2155563
ShadowsTM
+
I understand we will be gone, we figured that out in the old topic.

Jordan

Aggron306 Posted: 22:32 Mar15 2008 Post ID: 2157725
Aggron306
+
Nonsense, this has happened many times in various forms throughout history and has never worked. I won't believe it till I see it.
ShadowsTM Posted: 07:18 Mar16 2008 Post ID: 2158174
ShadowsTM
+
Well it'll be exciting if it does :D

Jordan

Kenny 2x4 Posted: 11:57 Mar16 2008 Post ID: 2158395
Kenny 2x4
+
Exciting?! That we're all killed off in one instant. Though still, not gonna happen.
There would have to be something of great magnitude in force to cause our destruction with our galaxy and there are only two theories currently that I know of that could possibly have that impact:
1) the Sun becomes a red dwarf i.e. it expands and expands, "destroying" (matter is only changed) all the planets and stars in our galaxy before contracting again to become a white dwarf and the rest of the elements in the periodic table are "made". The natural ones that is.
2) The Big Crunch. The reverse of the Big Bang where the force of gravity in the centre of the universe becomes stronger than the force of expansion. Thus ending the universe.
Both are only theories remember....
Status = Part Time.

[b][color=red][size=12]I am the car expert! So I've been told. lol[/b]
Check it out
Shadow_Lord Posted: 15:43 Mar16 2008 Post ID: 2158840
Shadow_Lord
+
The Big Crunch, if it happens, will happen long after the sun has expanded.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Fwank Posted: 10:44 Mar17 2008 Post ID: 2160190
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
Not sure if the world will end, but the Arctic ice cap would be gone by 2012 if we can't decrease our green house gas emissions...

I guess the world ends for polar bear lovers on 2012?

Edit: not necessarily on it... before is plausible too, however, it's far from something we can't adapt to. (Beach party, anyone?)

« Last edited by Fwank on Mar 17th 2008 »
cheating-is-good Posted: 10:55 Mar17 2008 Post ID: 2160199
cheating-is-go
od
+
On 16-Mar-2008 ShadowsTM said:Well it'll be exciting if it does :D
Exciting, you think that dieing instantly would be exciting? Okay then.

Who knows how the world will end. The planet could just explode, stop spinning on its axis, burn up. I figure, it doesn't really matter, since by the time the world does end, I won't be here to notice.
Great, I'm moving. Who knows when you'll see me again.
ShadowsTM Posted: 12:58 Mar17 2008 Post ID: 2160350
ShadowsTM
+
Well, it'd be good to be last alive generation.

Jordan

klaww Posted: 18:26 Mar18 2008 Post ID: 2162020
klaww
+
I've heard about the 2012 thing, but there was no doomsday or anything, and it was just that the world was going to end, and it was said by one of the ancient mexican tribes. The mayans maybe. I believed it at first, but then my dad told me the same thing happened about 1999 or 2000(forget which) so I dont believe it anymore, so we'll just have to see
ShadowsTM Posted: 10:32 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162596
ShadowsTM
+
Yes It was the Mayans as well as many other people.

Jordan

Blitzman Posted: 11:44 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2162651
Blitzman
+
that is when graduate...

But Yeah forgot doomsday. There is no way to predict it unless you're planning it.
[u][i]
Account Moved to Blacklist1

JOIN My TEAM And POST On IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click THE LINK BELOW FOR TEAM!!

nicko 9000 Posted: 13:03 Mar20 2008 Post ID: 2163889
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
Its all aload of garbage.
If it was to actually happen, it would be all over the news, scientists would be trying to develop something that could stop it, they'd be sending nukes to blow up some planets, and all sorts of cray stuff would be happening.

If it where to hapen it wouldnt just be some lousy fake videos on youtube, it would be a serious matter.
sXe

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close