Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Peace in the middle east=Will it ever happen?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
SomeWhere Posted: 11:50 Jun02 2008 Post ID: 2263609
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
So what do you think? I thought about bringing up this question because I think many people would disscus it here. I think it would happen sometime but not right now, as the situation looks like there now with all the wars and conflicts with the countries.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 14:17 Jun02 2008 Post ID: 2263696
Flareon Dude_
Post Likes: 0
+
Oh come on!!!

I was gonna do this....

I, personally, feel that peace is a high priority, but it won't be easy, especially in regards to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The best option, I think, is to make a 20-mile-wide DMZ on the border bteween Israel and it's Palestinian neighbor.
"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda
I'm gone...
SomeWhere Posted: 09:01 Jun03 2008 Post ID: 2264774
SomeWhere
+
Yes, you're right, peace isn't easy to make between all those countries, but would a border solve anything? That would only make things worse because they would start to try go through the gate with military forces and attack the whole ****, so that wouldn't exactley be a good idea. If it was bomb safe of course, but i'd doubt any poor countries would have afford that.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
super craig Posted: 13:55 Jun03 2008 Post ID: 2265074
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 02-Jun-2008 Flareon Dude_ said:Oh come on!!!

I was gonna do this....

I, personally, feel that peace is a high priority, but it won't be easy, especially in regards to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The best option, I think, is to make a 20-mile-wide DMZ on the border bteween Israel and it's Palestinian neighbor.
Making that zone would probably only add to the problem since even if they put it bang between the 2 there would both lose 10 miles and isn't the whole thing about territory to start with?

I'm not too sure what we should do, if we tried to intervene we would most likely make the situation worse, the only thing I can think of at the moment is to just leave them to it and keep going with the peace talks, but thats hardly going to solve anything.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Fwank Posted: 15:07 Jun03 2008 Post ID: 2265187
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
This thread... *headaches*

The Muslim/Arab that are in power of their respective nations want to take over the world.

Quite literally.

Going along with the simplicity of this light hearted and ill informed discussion, I'll end by saying "Yeah", as in yeah, they will eventually achieve peace over massive blood shed when people basically abandon the will to fight for something they believe in.

Or find new beliefs.

If we actually want to resolve the issue, we should probably tackle it at the source; must brainwash the Islamic Fundamentalists to our side, etc etc etc.
Flareon Dude_ Posted: 22:02 Jun03 2008 Post ID: 2266047
Flareon Dude_
+
On 03-Jun-2008 super craig said:Making that zone would probably only add to the problem since even if they put it bang between the 2 there would both lose 10 miles and isn't the whole thing about territory to start with?

I'm not too sure what we should do, if we tried to intervene we would most likely make the situation worse, the only thing I can think of at the moment is to just leave them to it and keep going with the peace talks, but thats hardly going to solve anything.
We actually are intervening bi-proxy, so to say, because Israel is an American Ally, and we supply them with weapons.
I'm gone...
balthiersbit Posted: 08:50 Jun04 2008 Post ID: 2266441
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
Nah it will never go away. Unless they all run out of money to fund their arms..but as FD quite rightly said, westerners fund them so no i dont see peace anytime soon without the aid of a huge earth shattering bomb.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

SomeWhere Posted: 03:41 Jun07 2008 Post ID: 2269843
SomeWhere
+
I came up with another idea:
Every country there have to cast out their own belifs. As long as they don't have their religion left they can't fight about anything.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
Shadow_Lord Posted: 08:52 Jun07 2008 Post ID: 2269933
Shadow_Lord
+
On 03-Jun-2008 PhilXZ said:Of course not!
And why not? I'm pretty sure I've told you this before, you need to back up your opinions on this board. Post deleted.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
charizard322 Posted: 15:32 Jun07 2008 Post ID: 2270275
charizard322
Forum GuestMember
+
I hope but with all the arguments they probably wont it's been like this for hundreds of years they dont seem like there getting along.
-Char is no more-
super craig Posted: 16:51 Jun07 2008 Post ID: 2270333
super craig
+
On 07-Jun-2008 SomeWhere said:I came up with another idea:
Every country there have to cast out their own belifs. As long as they don't have their religion left they can't fight about anything.
A bit easier said than done don't you think? Besides while a lot of the arguements in the Middle East may revolve around religion many are no longer about that, it has gone on for so long that people hate each other just simply because they are brought up to hate them, its all they know how to treat each other.

SomeWhere Posted: 08:51 Jun09 2008 Post ID: 2272260
SomeWhere
+
Uummm.... Good argument, but I meant it like this: If all countries throw away their own belifs they could create a huge wall between them, and then, let's say for about 60 years then it will eventually happend.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
super craig Posted: 10:20 Jun09 2008 Post ID: 2272310
super craig
+
On 09-Jun-2008 SomeWhere said:Uummm.... Good argument, but I meant it like this: If all countries throw away their own belifs they could create a huge wall between them, and then, let's say for about 60 years then it will eventually happend.
There is a huge wall already between Israel and Palastine and that has hardly solved anything, even if you did get them to through away their religion they would argue about where the wall was placed, which I think contributes quite a bit to the current conflict. Another problem would then be that people who want nothing to do with the conflict would be resticted due to no fault of their own, by the wall. Having a wall might only serve to fester the hatred between them.

SomeWhere Posted: 08:42 Jun18 2008 Post ID: 2287216
SomeWhere
+
Ye.... probably right.... But it seems like their religions have been causin alot of problem between these two countries, make them cast their own belifs MIGHT make them change their sight of politics in their view. If it doesn't work, then hell, I don't know what will.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
super craig Posted: 08:21 Jun19 2008 Post ID: 2288671
super craig
+
On 18-Jun-2008 SomeWhere said:Ye.... probably right.... But it seems like their religions have been causin alot of problem between these two countries, make them cast their own belifs MIGHT make them change their sight of politics in their view. If it doesn't work, then hell, I don't know what will.
No doubt if religion wasn't an issue I don't think it would have escalted as it has, or gone on for as long as it has. Unfortunately I think theres sod all we can do on the religion front, its so deeply ingrained into the trouble that it would be impossible to get rid of it. To be honest I think this will only ever end when either one of the factions wipes the other one out.

Cyberrich Posted: 20:24 Jun20 2008 Post ID: 2291064
Cyberrich
+
I dont think the Conflict is going to stop anytime soon. Its hard to change peoples minds when your fighting for it... I forgot what i was going to say lol

Thank you dark_wolf!

Previously Saix

nicko 9000 Posted: 16:23 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293726
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+

As long as they have oil and muslim extremists, it wont end.
and they will most likely always have muslim extremism.
so no.
sXe

Flareon Dude_ Posted: 17:57 Jun22 2008 Post ID: 2293884
Flareon Dude_
+
It's called Islamic Fundamentalism, and it's not the leading cause of it all.

Only 2%, at most, of all Islamic Fundamentalists are violent and/or terrorists. When someone is an Islamic Fundamentalist, it just merely means they have a strict interperetation of the Qoran. For example, it says somwhere in the Koran, I think, that the woman's place is to work at home, or something along those lines. Islamic Fundamentalists take that to heart and do not allow their women to leave the home. At all. The 2% of the people who do use terrorism wo just so happen to be Muslim take the 'defend your religion' part way too far and believe in terrorism as a holy way to defend their religion, when, really, Islam has nothing to do with any of it, most of the time. Hence, jihad usually becomes an issue with which to be dealt.

Really, the thing with Islamic Fundamentalists is they just use the Qoran as an excuse to commit acts of terror against others, especially in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The Palestinian Islamic Fundamentalists basically say that the Jews have occupied the lands that do not rightfully belong to them, but the Palestinians, and they use this as an excuse to defend their religion and use acts of terror to create the problems the Middle East faces, today.
I'm gone...
ratchet7777 Posted: 16:31 Jun30 2008 Post ID: 2304254
ratchet7777
+
Iran can probably easily take over Iraq, and Pakistan is already trying to take over much of India because of religious conflicts. If there is a large war or many smaller wars in the middle east, it would effect world economy because most of the oil comes from there, and we will all be in a crisis. Unless there is peace in the middle east, we are all doomed, and ignorant religious conflicts are preventing that peace. So, it is VERY unlikely, if not impossible, for there to be total peace in the middle east, ensuring our survival as human beings.

« Last edited by ratchet7777 on Jun 30th 2008 »
[insert epic sig here]
g33k Posted: 11:49 Jul01 2008 Post ID: 2305394
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 30-Jun-2008 ratchet7777 said:Iran can probably easily take over Iraq, and Pakistan is already trying to take over much of India because of religious conflicts. If there is a large war or many smaller wars in the middle east, it would effect world economy because most of the oil comes from there, and we will all be in a crisis. Unless there is peace in the middle east, we are all doomed, and ignorant religious conflicts are preventing that peace. So, it is VERY unlikely, if not impossible, for there to be total peace in the middle east, ensuring our survival as human beings.
Agreed. Most likely however peace will come at the cost of thousands of lifes.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close