Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Oford Gabings.....

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
deoraven Posted at: 16:11 Jun07 2008 Post ID: 2270301
deoraven
Post Likes: 0
+
+
i came across a book "Macabre Manifest" , from the "unfriendly competition" quest where you have to stop a grave robber. In the book it spoke of an "Oford Gabings" having a "gold ring with inscriptions, (cursed?)" amonsgt other items. Correct me if i am wrong , but that would be Frodo Baggins , of the Lord of the Rings...and his "cursed" gold ring. I haven't seen a post about this so i thought it make one.
fablelord Posted at: 10:04 Jun09 2008 Post ID: 2272285
fablelord
+
+
Wow I actually can't say anything about this. One thing I can say about you is that you probably have alot of time on your hands actually reading those books. I can understand for a quest but that doesn't have anything to do with the quest. I just click on the books to see if they give me a plus in my skills. Anyways from your description I say you are correct. I will have to look for this now that you peaked my curiosity.
Murphy's Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
therapper Posted at: 05:49 Jun10 2008 Post ID: 2273590
therapper
+
+
same hear i'll have a look around it's rear i'll read the book on the game (apart from just clickin' on them for the free skill point)

oh and if you've got the XBOX360 one have a look in the hint for my sub on the game

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

2 of the best rappers ever

cred to v-gamer for the avatar
deoraven Posted at: 14:19 Jun11 2008 Post ID: 2275671
deoraven
+
+
I admit , it can rather be time consuming but this particular book is only the listings of the graves he had already plundered....i was curious, kind of like with the "traitor's diary" in the dark brotherhood questline. Good reads , in my opinion , are books from the shivering isle, especially sheogorath's quibbles with the other daedric princes....some of them are pretty funny others pretty freaky lol ....
therapper Posted at: 06:25 Jun12 2008 Post ID: 2276607
therapper
+
+
On 11-Jun-2008 deoraven said:I admit , it can rather be time consuming but this particular book is only the listings of the graves he had already plundered....i was curious, kind of like with the "traitor's diary" in the dark brotherhood questline. Good reads , in my opinion , are books from the shivering isle, especially sheogorath's quibbles with the other daedric princes....some of them are pretty funny others pretty freaky lol ....
found it!! or a gold ring that looks like it and the B***** thing is cursed

« Last edited by therapper on Jun 12th 2008 »

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

MMMEEE Posted at: 13:25 Jun13 2008 Post ID: 2279449
MMMEEE
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ooo. now my curiosity is goin.Where do you start the "unfreindly competition" quest, and what do you mean by cursed? whats it do?
fablelord Posted at: 17:24 Jun14 2008 Post ID: 2281844
fablelord
+
+
If you read Lord of the Rings you would know. You start the unfriendly competition quest in the market district. Just ask most of the store owners about this certain guy(forget his name) and they will begin ranting. Then you have to figure out why the heck he is selling stuff at low prices.
Murphy's Law: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
MMMEEE Posted at: 16:05 Jun19 2008 Post ID: 2289450
MMMEEE
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Dudei got the book deal, read it. and it said Anvil next to his name. I went to anvil and seached the undercroft...where can i find the ring?
And i didn't read the books I watched the movies so... idk the curse could be burden,invisable, or power
therapper Posted at: 08:26 Jun20 2008 Post ID: 2290099
therapper
+
+
On 13-Jun-2008 MMMEEE said:ooo. now my curiosity is goin.Where do you start the "unfreindly competition" quest, and what do you mean by cursed? whats it do?
well it has a charmelom 100% on it but when i put the ring on it toke 1/2 my helf and draned my stamian right down

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

MMMEEE Posted at: 09:06 Jun20 2008 Post ID: 2290124
MMMEEE
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The charmelion must help agianst attackers though. But where is it?
therapper Posted at: 06:29 Jun21 2008 Post ID: 2291588
therapper
+
+
yer it would help but it draned the green bar when i put it on.

any how i found it when i was underwater by the waterfront (imperal city)

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

deoraven Posted at: 07:49 Jul01 2008 Post ID: 2304887
deoraven
+
+
without making accusations i have found no evidence of the ring even existing in the game....i have asked around and no-one seems to know anything about it...i searched the web the very same places i found the cheats, the non-journal quests etc...etc...and nothing about the one ring....even long time players have said "if the ring exists the rumor would have started years ago".....so proof is now required...what is the name of the ring?? where EXACTLY did you find it ?? (a lot of water around the waterfront) was it in a chest or seashells?? how much does it weigh, and what are the enchantments (chameleon thats it ???) and please be precise a simple 5 word one line answer is not enough...with the info you will provide me i will then research my sources....if you fail to give out more info i will presume you were in fact making it up...thanx
therapper Posted at: 07:39 Jul04 2008 Post ID: 2311258
therapper
+
+
ok it's east of the waterfront, i found it betwin some rocks about 1 min out, it waighs 0.5, it's called ring of the forbidon, the enchantments it said was chameleon 100%. but it toke 1/2 my helf out when i put it on and draned the green bar down but i toke it right off it had a sale prise of 500 gold.

and i only started to look for in after i found the book and only seen it after i instulled the shevering isles expanshon disk (has knights of the nine with it)

thats bout it
i hope ya find it deoraven

therapper

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

deoraven Posted at: 06:27 Jul05 2008 Post ID: 2312561
deoraven
+
+
english may not be your first language but when you give an explanation why not use correct spelling ??? forbidon???? shevering ???? i found NO ring of forbidon or ring of forbidden or forbidden ring nor forbidon ring or ring of the forbidon nor ring of the forbidden ???? on the game's website and several other websites the ring is not even there they go out of their way to put asterix next to unique items like the ring of thieves worn ONLY by the grey fox...so once again you are no help...
therapper Posted at: 06:57 Jul05 2008 Post ID: 2312578
therapper
+
+
well thats all the info i know...

and i AM ENGLISH you prat, i have a medecal condishon so i can't spell good!!

and the way i wort it down it is readbul so get your eyes checked

and the shevering isle is an upgrade pack you moron for some one who "knows" alot about the game i thourt you mite about that!

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

MMMEEE Posted at: 09:19 Jul05 2008 Post ID: 2312829
MMMEEE
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Will you 2 just shut up.
therapper Posted at: 07:10 Jul07 2008 Post ID: 2315765
therapper
+
+
On 05-Jul-2008 deoraven said:yeah i got a medical condition too i cant stand f'in liars.....how hard can it be??? IF you found the item you look in your inventory and it the name will be CORRECTLY spelled i highly doubt that in the game the ring will be called "ring of the forbidon" so if in the game it's written correctly simply look at your screen and write it the way it's written in-game....you wanna play rough??? ok!!! ......it's SHIVERING isles you dislexic idiot. you "WORT" it??? it's "readbul" you "thourt" "betwin" some rocks lol you should try braille maybe you'd have an easier time. You made it up ...you are a liar and a pathetic loser lol i know more about the game than most ...not all but most and certainly you... FYI i got the GOTY edition so stick that in your pipe...next thing you'll say is that you got it because you are a certain race in the game but you'll say it like " bocuse i em in argunun " lol from now on dude leave me alone dont participate in ANY of my forums you are a pitiful sorry excuse of a human being
ok you don't berleve me? it's Asperger Syndrome so i'm not dislexic.

I ANT A pitiful excuse of a human being!!!!! i'm hall of famer 05-06, i am one of the last old members on the site and i'm tryin' to make some think with my life so i ant and it's not your forum it's rich's site.

and one other thing i ant got online so i'm at a libery and i also have the GOTY

and one last thing i didn't wona play rough in the 1st place i can't controll my temper cos i have that damn Syndrome

so now you know y i can't spell and have a real short temper.

so i'm sorry about losing my temper on you

therapper

note to mmmeee: sorry about goin' off topic i just had to put down y i lost my temper and y my spellin' is so bad.

« Last edited by therapper on Jul 7th 2008 »

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

therapper Posted at: 04:12 Jul08 2008 Post ID: 2317345
therapper
+
+
i just rembered something about that ring you wont find it cos my coson made it.

i fregot he was havin' ago on it and was in the AU makin' some stuff aka that ring.

so i'm sorry to all who when after that ring

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

Ace Of Spades 117 Posted at: 00:44 Jul10 2008 Post ID: 2320624
Ace Of Spades 117
+
+
This ring,it is the LOTR ring,Oh my god!

wait,damn! Damn your cousin! (No offense,im joking)

RRRG!

My Xbox Live Gamertag is TheAOS117,add me!
Xbox 360 Helper series on Youtube
This is the way I pray.
2 Years at Supercheats,2 Years of Wrestling and Joy plus more.
therapper Posted at: 07:36 Jul10 2008 Post ID: 2320834
therapper
+
+
On 10-Jul-2008 Ace Of Spades 117 said:This ring,it is the LOTR ring,Oh my god!

wait,damn! Damn your cousin! (No offense,im joking)

RRRG!
no offense taken yer he told me he made a ring and droped it some were out in the water

« Last edited by therapper on Jul 10th 2008 »

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 408747

Post Top