Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Vector this, vector that.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
yossy666 Posted: 07:09 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297373
yossy666
Post Likes: 0
+
WARNING: The following post is entirely an angry rant.

Oh my god. So many of the graphics artists on this site are pissing me off. Neko is creative, fantastic, clever, almost inspirational. He is nothing short of awesome. He brought vector to this forum. No one had even heard of it before he started doing it, or they would have created and/or posted vector art previously.

It was fine when vector was still kind of new, and people found it exciting. I'll even admity, Neko is not the only one who can pull it off. But now every man and his dog wants to do it - and they are. It's lost the point. Neko's even gone off it. People sure now how to kill stuff. Good freaking work.

It's just true to every new, uniqu, creative initiative someone posts. It gets killed, because people want to freaking imitate it. Good freaking job idiots. I don't know who the person was who brought sparkly, glowy, c4d stuff to this site, but I remember that was cool... until every goddamn signature in sight was exactly the freaking same.

It's not just those two either. Back in '05 and '06, Grunge was the thing. Everyone did that. No-one killed it though, somehow. I guess it's because there's range in grunge. You can brannch from it, splatter, smudge, stuff like that. But that got done, and people thought it wasn't even good anymore, just because some Mr Popularity GnA mod goes and does something else. And the sheep think that's the new thing.

Just because something new is brought to this forum doesn't mean your have to imitate it to fit in. Goddamn hell crap turd. Even then, somehow it gets to the stage where t's no longer a flash in the pan, but, according to every SC Graphics resident/loser fucktard, it's the only style of Graphics art that exists. And then, guess what? It gets done. Passes it's use-by date. Jesus Christ.

Everyone here needs to learn not follow trends, because half the time they suck at it, and the other half they just end up fuelling newbs and n00bs who also suck at it.

/endrant
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
.Impact Posted: 07:56 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297391
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
Shiny C4D I believe, was started by Probe, Popularized by me, killed by some of the new doods.

Vector, I don't do. I suck at it.

I was nevar fond of grunge.

You forgot to mention smudge. It wasn't that popular, I still do it, but I range from different types to different effects.

The Gist: Everyone can do what they want. Art, imo, can be limited depending on the Program used. PS And GAMP are limited to the things you have seen in this site. And trends are being followed because people think it's cool. Too much kills stuff though. I got addicting to smudge because it's my main source of effects.

Anyways, I'm slumped and looking for different styles.

/endrantrant

PS. O noez, Yossy will be cursing at me on MSN, first chance he gets. D= j/k.

Procrastinator Posted: 08:02 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297396
Procrastinator
+
I feel your pain, Yossy. I remember when just making something different, whether it be shiny, grunge, smudged, or splattered, it was fun. Most of SC's more impressionable member do usually fall prey to fads, which are then quickly overused, discarded, and never to be seen again. I, myself, am trying to learn grunge. I always like it, just never had the patience to learn it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Konst Posted: 08:23 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297407
Konst
Forum GuestMember
+
Amen brother, recently i have been saying some of the same things in my CnC posts, " It needs mroe oringinality, creativity, and uniqueness", but the only way to change people's opinions on this site (sorta previously stated by you) is to have some "popular" guy come in or someone well-respected and then say, "no i don't think we should do this guys, lets go do this insetad... WHOS WITH ME?" Insane People" YEAH!!!"

But you know w/e, doesn't bother me to much what happens to the gfx community here, i pretty much moved on to better sites cause of your reasoning Yoss and some of my own. Sites that do not have this problem we are discussing...
Signature By Me
Mr.Clueless Posted: 08:35 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297413
Mr.Clueless
Post Likes: 1
+
I know. All the newfags do is see one tag made by one of the mods/active people, and then copy the hell out of that (with tutorials) to try and be cool. Want to know how to be cool? DON'T DO ANYTHING ANYONE ELSE HAS DONE. EVER.

And, I do vector, sure, but I try to stay as far away as possible from any other peoples' styles, specially Neko's vector style.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
Probe Posted: 09:44 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297456
Probe
+
You say so, that Neko brought Vector to this site? Well, that pisses me of.

I knew about vector long before I ever knew Neko. So what, I was inspired by him, and made one piece like that. But don't go on with this rant because people are doing Vector now, it's the style, it's my signature style. I never started vector because of Neko. And besides, many people here don't know what vector really is. I have seen but two actual vectors on Super cheats. So don't go telling us off, for just making graphic design. Vector is a style, and is not only confined to Neko himself.
"I don't know if I should smile because we're friends, or cry because that's all we ever will be..."

MSN- teh-probe(at)hotmail(dot)com

Dragonblaze Posted: 10:27 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297484
Dragonblaze
+
"Goddamn hell crap turd"

Rofl

anyway saying how neko brought vector isn't really true but everything else is true
Back for the summer
Namek Posted: 11:40 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297558
Namek
+
C4D's are an great effect, someone can't bring that to a site then everyone follows? EVERYONE USES C4Ds

Vector must have been here before Neko.

Smudge is yet again an effect that everyone uses, not just Supercheats.

Go check PR, everyone does pretty much the same style there.
Brb. Smile
ozzo Posted: 11:48 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297575
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
lol calm down dawg

ozzo Posted: 11:49 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297577
ozzo
_________S
Post Likes: 17
+
On 25-Jun-2008 Namek said:C4D's are an great effect, someone can't bring that to a site then everyone follows? EVERYONE USES C4Ds

I dont use c4d's cause I can't ;_;

king26 Posted: 11:49 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297579
king26
+
On 25-Jun-2008 .Impact said:Shiny C4D I believe, was started by Probe, Popularized by me, killed by some of the new doods.

Vector, I don't do. I suck at it.

I was nevar fond of grunge.

You forgot to mention smudge. It wasn't that popular, I still do it, but I range from different types to different effects.

The Gist: Everyone can do what they want. Art, imo, can be limited depending on the Program used. PS And GAMP are limited to the things you have seen in this site. And trends are being followed because people think it's cool. Too much kills stuff though. I got addicting to smudge because it's my main source of effects.

Anyways, I'm slumped and looking for different styles.

/endrantrant

PS. O noez, Yossy will be cursing at me on MSN, first chance he gets. D= j/k.
grunge is the bomb dammit

sig made at THE SHOP!
King of Hell Posted: 12:01 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297605
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
Got a problem with people using these styles? Make your own. You won't change people's opinions with big rant posts, no matter how hard you try. People are going to keep doing whatever the hell they want whether you smack them in the face with a wall of text or not.

P.S. I agree with what you're saying, I just don't think you saying it has too much of a point.

« Last edited by King of Hell on Jun 25th 2008 »

Probe Posted: 12:15 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297632
Probe
+
If no one belives what I say, then, GOD! I just cant think of what to say!!!
"I don't know if I should smile because we're friends, or cry because that's all we ever will be..."

qwertyuio Posted: 12:17 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297636
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
I fully agree with what KoH said.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Probe Posted: 12:35 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297661
Probe
+
GOD ALMIGHTY! People, HOW CAN YOU SAY YOU DONT AGREE WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!/!?!

I mean, seriously.

100 KING Posted: 13:32 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297719
100 KING
Forum GuestMember
+
Id have to agree with Probe. LOL, that or he will go nuts.

I dont think that Yossy Has much say in this matter. He is a viewer of Graphics. by posting this ^^^ he is just proving that he is immature and cannot begin to understand fads. Yes, maybe we all go over board. but each forum has its own style. Ours was C4D, now its switching over to Vector, but a few people here and there are not following the trend.

People like Impact, stick with what they know they are good at, Same goes others, people like Galade, Neko, and Probe, are constantly trying new things.

Yossy i thing you have to open your eyes a little more and notice that we are not killing it. We all simply want to try out something new and catchy.

Chillax and watch the language..

If it bothers you that much, stop comming around.
It was Fun

Lycanthrope Posted: 15:10 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2297900
Lycanthrope
+
Oh man graphix or whatever his name was started the shiny confetti and C4D thing even though im sure people knew about that before he started and a lot of people knew about vector before Neko strut his stuff over here too. But I mean who cares what people do, whether all they do is copy, whore or try new things, most people do it as a hobby so really who gives a damn. You just CC&R the stuff anyways why don't you try coming up with a new style yourself instead of just ranting about it. I know kind of ironic what I just said but its true.
[center][b] Damn awesome tag by V-Gamer, thanks breh

The Word Alive - The Devil Inside
PannicC[/center][/b]
yossy666 Posted: 17:20 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2298232
yossy666
+
On 25-Jun-2008 Probe said:You say so, that Neko brought Vector to this site? Well, that pisses me of.

I knew about vector long before I ever knew Neko. So what, I was inspired by him, and made one piece like that. But don't go on with this rant because people are doing Vector now, it's the style, it's my signature style. I never started vector because of Neko. And besides, many people here don't know what vector really is. I have seen but two actual vectors on Super cheats. So don't go telling us off, for just making graphic design. Vector is a style, and is not only confined to Neko himself.
'And besides, many people here don't know what vector really is.'

Too right. And that's what kills it.

I know Neko isn't the only one allowed to do it, I never said that. I'm just saying that once every goddamn newb starts trying it (and failing at it, might I add) it gets done. Finished.
---
yossy666 Posted: 17:22 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2298235
yossy666
+
On 25-Jun-2008 Namek said:C4D's are an great effect, someone can't bring that to a site then everyone follows? EVERYONE USES C4Ds

'Vector must have been here before Neko.'

Wrong. People might have known about it, but it was never posted.

Also, to the few peolple who said stuff like 'try your own style if you're not happy' etc... I have my own style. It's called shitty. Just because I suck at graphics doesn't mean that I can't tell when something is being done to death.

Also, I'm not only talking about vector here, for the one or two people that obviously didn't even read my entire post.
---
Destined Sorrow Posted: 17:25 Jun25 2008 Post ID: 2298241
Destined Sorrow
Forum GuestMember
+
spoken truely and is one of the main reasons i left doing GFX among other things
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 362096

Post Top
Click to close