Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

McCain v. Obama

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Town Idiot25 Posted: 12:36 Aug06 2008 Post ID: 2366137
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
Post Likes: 0
+
Discuss who you think should be president and explain.

USE REAL ARGUEMENTS Say something like "I want McCain because we need to win this war", or "I want Obama because I want universal health care" or what not. DO NOT put stuff like "McCain cause Obama is black", "Obama cause McCain is an old fart", etc.

I personally like neither, but I want McCain to win because I hate what Obama wants to do with the health care, and I think if we leave Iraq we will just have a second 9/11 by terrorists.

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
DeadWing Posted: 14:39 Aug06 2008 Post ID: 2366392
DeadWing
+
Oh dangit...I was gonna say I want Obama to win because McCain is too old, but I guess I can't now. But still Obama should win because his ideas are way better than McCain's. And McCain is too old.
Go read a different signature.
PhilXZ Posted: 14:42 Aug06 2008 Post ID: 2366398
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
I'm for Obama. I think we should leave Iraq alone. I'm also for the lower college costs and his plans on globabl warming.

McCain jut seems like a Bush puppet. We need a Democratic president again.
CrunkJuice Posted: 14:14 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367900
CrunkJuice
Forum GuestMember
+
Obama because everytime we have a Democratic president our economy is great then a republican comes along and ruins it

Bush Sr.-Bad Economy
Clinton-Great Economy
Bush Jr.-Bad Economy
gamelord d Posted: 14:30 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2367932
gamelord d
Forum GuestBanned
+
i agree with all of the above im for obama he seems to know what hes talkin about. mcains just another damn bush and we dont need it
[i][b][u][color=Yellow][SIZE=7][FONT=courier]Acount moved to Master gamelord[/i][/b][/u][/color][/SIZE][/FONT]
jameer Posted: 15:09 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2368112
jameer
Forum GuestMember
+
MCCAIN because he will not be like obama and raise taxes

super craig Posted: 16:07 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2368287
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
On 07-Aug-2008 DeadWing said:I want to add to my last post. I want a Democrat. I'm sick of Republicans.
You need to back up your statement with an explaination.
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

CrunkJuice Posted: 21:01 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2368649
CrunkJuice
Forum GuestMember
+
Yea and he'll keep us in Iraq so more soldiers will die or get injured.(Theres no point being there IMO)

Thats cool.
gamelord d Posted: 22:42 Aug07 2008 Post ID: 2368700
gamelord d
Forum GuestBanned
+
I hate mcain he will ruin our lives like bush i vote obama
[i][b][u][color=Yellow][SIZE=7][FONT=courier]Acount moved to Master gamelord[/i][/b][/u][/color][/SIZE][/FONT]
Mr.Clueless Posted: 20:38 Aug08 2008 Post ID: 2370367
Mr.Clueless
+
Omaba is a black supremicist with a a known reputation about being one. I'd prefer someone with a more... equal view on society. So, in other words, neither, most american presidents all think that America is the best place around, and that they need to rise above all other countries.

BUt, if it came right down to it, it'd be a tight decision. Obama has a better political platform, but McCain's not a supremicist. Although, McCain's also a Bush supremicist... Obama, by just a thread.
And so he said, "and there will be delicious cake", and with those words, I said, "I see what you did there..."
K Dawg Posted: 14:34 Aug12 2008 Post ID: 2376236
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
Obama FTW!

We need change, and I just feel that McCain will not offer that, the econmy is doing horriable with the republicans (As of now).

The War topic:
How long do we plan on staying over there, we have been there since 2003. And we have been training there soliders for years, and yet where still over there. Are soliders are trained within 3-4months and there sent over to Iraq(For war), so whats wrong with the Iraqs. They have had years of training.

Im not for leaving the War right away, but theres has to be a date to start pulling out, we cant stay over there forever. we have are own problems.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
darkraiarceus911 Posted: 22:11 Aug16 2008 Post ID: 2383872
darkraiarceus911
+
Obama, I just really want the troops to come home. seriously we attacked first. and just for oil! Mcain is just another bush. we don`t need that.

Shadow_Lord Posted: 06:31 Aug25 2008 Post ID: 2396498
Shadow_Lord
+
Can we get please get beyond the one-two line "McCain/Obama because *simple and insufficient reason*" posts? Perhaps someone could post an analysis, however simple (well, within reason) of both sides? Come on, people, remember, this isn't General Chat.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Town Idiot25 Posted: 09:40 Sep01 2008 Post ID: 2407238
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
I would have to say McCain.

-We need cheaper gas prices
-Do you guys seriously think if we leave Iraq, the terrorists will think we are good people and then leave us alone?
--These soliders signed up to be in the military. To die for their country. They haven't started forcing people in yet. And besides, more people would die from another 9/11 than the americans in this war.
-I am jewish, we do have some doctors in the family. Free health care would be treated like free pop at a party. Half a can would be drunk, then thrown away, then you get out a new can. PEople would just waste it.
-Obama has more tax raises than McCain.
-McCain has a hotter Vice President.

The only thing I have against McCain is his ideas on abortions and stem cell research. Those should continue as far as I'm concerned.

And to the Democrats out there, McCain will be the most Liberal Republican you can get.

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
g33k Posted: 13:39 Sep01 2008 Post ID: 2407515
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 27-Aug-2008 Kumunda said:I would have to say Obama, mainly cause the Iraq deal.
Wow... Kumunda If you looked right above you Shadow_lord had just said to not have such answers because they serve no real point. Especially since that had already been said before.

Post meet Mr. Post deleting phaser. Post deleted
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Shadow_Lord Posted: 16:03 Sep01 2008 Post ID: 2407738
Shadow_Lord
+
On 01-Sep-2008 Town Idiot25 said:I would have to say McCain.

-We need cheaper gas prices
-Do you guys seriously think if we leave Iraq, the terrorists will think we are good people and then leave us alone?
--These soliders signed up to be in the military. To die for their country. They haven't started forcing people in yet. And besides, more people would die from another 9/11 than the americans in this war.
-I am jewish, we do have some doctors in the family. Free health care would be treated like free pop at a party. Half a can would be drunk, then thrown away, then you get out a new can. PEople would just waste it.
-Obama has more tax raises than McCain.
-McCain has a hotter Vice President.

The only thing I have against McCain is his ideas on abortions and stem cell research. Those should continue as far as I'm concerned.

And to the Democrats out there, McCain will be the most Liberal Republican you can get.
[b][i]"We need cheaper gas prices."[/b][/i]

What, so we can gorge ourselves on oil and supply runs out faster?

[b][i]"Do you guys seriously think if we leave Iraq, the terrorists will think we are good people and then leave us alone?"[/b][/i]

No, I think that by staying in Iraq we're just convincing more young Muslims to join Al-Qaida. Learn your history; this is exactly what happened with the Communists in Vietnam half a century ago (surely McCain, of all people, shoud know that?).

[b][i]"These soliders signed up to be in the military. To die for their country. They haven't started forcing people in yet. And besides, more people would die from another 9/11 than the americans in this war."[/b][/i]

That's assuming that we're lowering the risks of another 9/11 rather than raising them (see above). Although, to be honest, with terrorism becoming more of a homegrown thing (or at least over here in Britain it is) it's more a case of many small attacks now than a single big attack like 9/11 - death by a thousand cuts.

[b][i]"I am jewish, we do have some doctors in the family. Free health care would be treated like free pop at a party. Half a can would be drunk, then thrown away, then you get out a new can. PEople would just waste it."[/b][/i]

I'm not entirely sure how one 'wastes' health care... perhaps you could elaborate?

[b][i]"Obama has more tax raises than McCain."[/b][/i]

Obama's tax raises are primarily directed at the rich, whereas McCain wants to keep tax breaks for those earning over $250,000 a year, introduced by George Bush.

[b][i]"McCain has a hotter Vice President."[/b][/i]

Good to know you've got your priorities straight.

[b][i]"And to the Democrats out there, McCain will be the most Liberal Republican you can get."[/b][/i]

The least of all evils is still an evil.
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
super craig Posted: 16:33 Sep01 2008 Post ID: 2407816
super craig
+
I assume on the health care issue that by making it free you'll get people seeking medication for all sorts of illnesses that might just not need anything and just waste time. On the other hand it means that those less well off will have a better quality of life.

Town Idiot25 Posted: 16:01 Sep02 2008 Post ID: 2408921
Town Idiot25
DANG IT BOBBEH!
+
On 01-Sep-2008 Shadow_Lord said:[b][i]"We need cheaper gas prices."[/b][/i]

What, so we can gorge ourselves on oil and supply runs out faster?

[b][i]"Do you guys seriously think if we leave Iraq, the terrorists will think we are good people and then leave us alone?"[/b][/i]

No, I think that by staying in Iraq we're just convincing more young Muslims to join Al-Qaida. Learn your history; this is exactly what happened with the Communists in Vietnam half a century ago (surely McCain, of all people, shoud know that?).

[b][i]"These soliders signed up to be in the military. To die for their country. They haven't started forcing people in yet. And besides, more people would die from another 9/11 than the americans in this war."[/b][/i]

That's assuming that we're lowering the risks of another 9/11 rather than raising them (see above). Although, to be honest, with terrorism becoming more of a homegrown thing (or at least over here in Britain it is) it's more a case of many small attacks now than a single big attack like 9/11 - death by a thousand cuts.

[b][i]"I am jewish, we do have some doctors in the family. Free health care would be treated like free pop at a party. Half a can would be drunk, then thrown away, then you get out a new can. PEople would just waste it."[/b][/i]

I'm not entirely sure how one 'wastes' health care... perhaps you could elaborate?

[b][i]"Obama has more tax raises than McCain."[/b][/i]

Obama's tax raises are primarily directed at the rich, whereas McCain wants to keep tax breaks for those earning over $250,000 a year, introduced by George Bush.

[b][i]"McCain has a hotter Vice President."[/b][/i]

Good to know you've got your priorities straight.

[b][i]"And to the Democrats out there, McCain will be the most Liberal Republican you can get."[/b][/i]

The least of all evils is still an evil.
funny how the one line you didn't comment was what I had AGIANST McCain.

Also do you buy your on gas? Cause if you don't I bet you would be hoping to god that we keep drilling in alaska once you do.

« Last edited by Town Idiot25 on Sep 2nd 2008 »

A Quote
Within a Quote?

POSTCEPTION
Shadow_Lord Posted: 16:21 Sep02 2008 Post ID: 2408993
Shadow_Lord
+
[b][i]"funny how the one line you didn't comment was what I had AGIANST McCain."[/b][/i]

Well, no, that was the one line I agreed with. Why would I need to comment on that?

Besides, you can hardly talk; you countered just one part of my post.

[b][i]"Also do you buy your on gas? Cause if you don't I bet you would be hoping to god that we keep drilling in alaska once you do."[/b][/i]

I don't buy petrol yet, no, but I don't see how that's relevant; my point was not that we should stop drilling for oil but that if prices are too low, we will exhaust reserves faster because people won't feel so much pressure to economise.
[center]

super craig Posted: 18:31 Sep02 2008 Post ID: 2409283
super craig
+
With SL on the oil thing, seeing as I do pay from my own petrol of course I'd like it too be as low as possible, but if having it so low does increase demand, then all that will happen is that prices will increase by an even greater amount further down the line.

« Last edited by super craig on Sep 2nd 2008 »

Displaying Page 1 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close