Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

McCain v. Obama

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Shadow_Lord Posted: 12:23 Nov20 2008 Post ID: 2483439
Shadow_Lord
Post Likes: 0
+
On 19-Nov-2008 super craig said:I can see that having people with different ideas would be an advantage in the way that you described but a party that has conflicting ideals within it will not be able to run effectively and will become bogged down in internal arguements. Even if someone does have the 'right' idea, with all the messing around that would take place it would take far too long for anything to become of it.

He needs to give Palin some role unless he wants to start making a couple of gaffes himself, how else is the world going to make fun of the government?
That's were good people-managing skills and effective leadership come in. And again, I think Obama has those qualities. Naturally, only time will tell for certain, but I think the outlook's hopeful. Like I say, your scenario's possible, but I should hope that Obama has the good sense and leadership not to allow that to happen. Obviously, if he starts appointing the more right-wing and belligerent Republicans to key posts, then his government's pretty much doomed, but unless the Obama we've seen on this campaign was far more intelligent than the Obama who will run the country, that won't happen. Instead, I believe he'll go for some more moderate, Independent-leaning appointments - John McCain, for instance, who had exactly such a reputation before this disastrous campaign in which he tried to appeal far too much to his party's extreme right.

And I hear Joe Biden's quite a gaffe-maker at times. Don't worry, the world of political satire is far from doomed.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close