Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Stop! You can't hit a girl!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
DemonOfSand Posted: 10:09 Dec30 2008 Post ID: 2509307
DemonOfSand
Post Likes: 0
+
On 30-Dec-2008 xkazzax said:does this mean i cant hit raiden from metal gear lol ha hah aha hes a bad man in mgs4 thoughEvil
That wasn't a contributive post. If you're going to debate, be serious and don't post worthless posts.
My Aipom is famous for being the strongest Aipom ever on this site.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
g33k Posted: 13:17 Dec30 2008 Post ID: 2509558
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
Topic closed. Until Administrative action is taken.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
Shadow_Lord Posted: 07:18 Dec31 2008 Post ID: 2510005
Shadow_Lord
+
xkazzax's posts deleted. We don't need the cluttering up the thread.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Bob Marly Jr Posted: 23:10 Dec31 2008 Post ID: 2510740
Bob Marly Jr
Forum GuestMember
+
if someone is attacking you, boy or girl, then you should be able to defend yourself, because were all equal, men are no better than women and women are no better than men.

(go easy on my "debate skills", im only 13.)

« Last edited by Bob Marly Jr on Dec 31st 2008 »
g33k Posted: 23:16 Dec31 2008 Post ID: 2510745
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 31-Dec-2008 Bob Marly Jr said:if someone is attacking you, boy or girl, then you should be able to defend yourself, because were all equal, men are no better than women and women are no better than men.

(go easy on my "debate skills", im only 13.)
Well I am only 15. But please add more to your post next time. This time I will allow it.

Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

tbug2007 Posted: 14:38 Jan01 2009 Post ID: 2511090
tbug2007
Da Bug
Post Likes: 4
+
That was a completely legit post.

I agree with him. Every person here has the right to defend him.herself. And if someone's attacking me, I'd defend. No matter gender.

The reason we have this 'rule' is simply because anatomically women are weaker then men, and men are very aggressive. It's a common courtesy gesture, and it's given mainly to the aggresive person. In my personal life, this rule applies only in school or in some other mass building. But if anyone attacks me, not just a gentle push, then I'll defend myself, even if defending is hurting the other person.

ubr cuulness by Craizin the raizin. <3

FILIP R POLICE
Nuclear Destruction Posted: 19:03 Jan02 2009 Post ID: 2511956
Nuclear Destruction
+
Finally!!!! I've been debating this topic with pretty much everyone i know for the past 5 years.....

What bugs me the most about guys not being able to hit girls is the huge double standards. "girls can do everything boys can" so why can't they take a good hit, and most girls who say you're not supposed to hit a girl also say that girls can do everything boys can so this really really bugs me because chicks at my school aren't exactly "feminine" if you know what i mean and sometimes with the whole deep voice and appearance you forget they're chicks...

Avy - Neko | Sig - Taylor
Me
g33k Posted: 20:36 Jan02 2009 Post ID: 2511979
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 02-Jan-2009 Nuclear Destruction said:Finally!!!! I've been debating this topic with pretty much everyone i know for the past 5 years.....

What bugs me the most about guys not being able to hit girls is the huge double standards. "girls can do everything boys can" so why can't they take a good hit, and most girls who say you're not supposed to hit a girl also say that girls can do everything boys can so this really really bugs me because chicks at my school aren't exactly "feminine" if you know what i mean and sometimes with the whole deep voice and appearance you forget they're chicks...
So you are saying they are being hypocrites? Which is what your argument is conveying if that isn't your point.

DemonOfSand Posted: 09:40 Jan03 2009 Post ID: 2512230
DemonOfSand
+
Women wanted to be treated with respect and like men and now they complain. People are going to argue that women are biologically weaker, so what doesn't mean they can't get stronger. Not to mention some women want to be treated like boys, hence the name Tomboys. I think I just put a list of random stuff together lol.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Vasco Posted: 12:08 Jan03 2009 Post ID: 2512310
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
On 02-Jan-2009 g33k said:So you are saying they are being hypocrites? Which is what your argument is conveying if that isn't your point.
I'm sorry to be posting here and not contribute to the debate, but you have to stop with that attitude g33k. You're just trying to find flaws on everybody. Not everyone here is able to make complete posts with several lines following perfection. Remember that most of the members here have around 15 years old, so you can't expect them to debate like professionals.

I'd also like to remind you that those kind of posts won't make you look like a good moderator, or even a person. Some posts you quoted (like the one from Nuclear Destruction) are legal, and completely fine. I'm sure that if it was anyone else posting the same you do, would have his/her post deleted and a little warning.

Finally, you're not even contribution to the topic. Your only post related to the topic so far was, and I'll quote:
I am not sure if this should be in D&D or GC so I will let someone else move it... But I don't think you should hit a girl anyway it is just kind of mean. Most people consider me sexist though so...
That post, if I'm not mistaken, breaks the first rule of this forum because of it's length, like you said to many people for several times. Plus, you're not giving a good enough, or even decent argument, if I'm not mistaken? Your only reason is because it's "mean"? I know you have much more experience than me on this forum, but I'm pretty sure to spot something wrong there...

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
g33k Posted: 12:54 Jan03 2009 Post ID: 2512331
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
On 03-Jan-2009 Vasco said:I'm sorry to be posting here and not contribute to the debate, but you have to stop with that attitude g33k. You're just trying to find flaws on everybody. Not everyone here is able to make complete posts with several lines following perfection. Remember that most of the members here have around 15 years old, so you can't expect them to debate like professionals.

I'd also like to remind you that those kind of posts won't make you look like a good moderator, or even a person. Some posts you quoted (like the one from Nuclear Destruction) are legal, and completely fine. I'm sure that if it was anyone else posting the same you do, would have his/her post deleted and a little warning.

Finally, you're not even contribution to the topic. Your only post related to the topic so far was, and I'll quote:
I am not sure if this should be in D&D or GC so I will let someone else move it... But I don't think you should hit a girl anyway it is just kind of mean. Most people consider me sexist though so...
That post, if I'm not mistaken, breaks the first rule of this forum because of it's length, like you said to many people for several times. Plus, you're not giving a good enough, or even decent argument, if I'm not mistaken? Your only reason is because it's "mean"? I know you have much more experience than me on this forum, but I'm pretty sure to spot something wrong there...
I NEVER said it wasn't legal (the post from ND) I was simply asking if that was the point he was stating.

Shadow_Lord Posted: 15:17 Jan03 2009 Post ID: 2512456
Shadow_Lord
+
On 03-Jan-2009 g33k said:I NEVER said it wasn't legal (the post from ND) I was simply asking if that was the point he was stating.
I would have thought it fairly obvious that that was at least part of his point - but at any rate, what if it wasn't, or was? You haven't added to or conflicted with it in any way - you just seem to be asking for clarification because you can. Frankly, I don't think your post addressed to ND contributed anything whatsoever - it's obvious what the points he's making are, and you're not even really participating in this debate: as Vasco just pointed out, you've made one point on topic, more as an aside than anything else. So I hardly think it's fair to nitpick ND's post and make it sound like he hasn't posted adequately, when he has; and yes, that is what you appeared to be suggesting, even if you didn't directly say it, or even if you didn't suggest as much intentionally.
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
Bluejay0714 Posted: 15:30 Jan08 2009 Post ID: 2515789
Bluejay0714
Forum GuestMember
+
I'm not sure if this debate is still going but I am going to post anyway. Personally I think the whole "you can't hit a girl" thing is kinda stupid. I mean, I can see where the're comming from, men are usually stronger than women, and they don't want the women to get hurt. But if you havn't noticed, girls are sometimes ruthless to guys. We get chased everywhere(sometimes), and they sometimes kick us you know where. Yet they say we can't hit a girl? How inconsiderate to men. Especially when women want to do everything a man can do. How much more selfish can they be? Okay they're not really being selfish. I've acutally never seen a girl, or a woman, say that before. I just think the whole thing is pretty stupid. I see where they're comming from. Girls really can't defend themselves as well as men can, but still, I think they could give us a little slack though. As for defending yourself, I definatly agree with that. If you are being attacked by someone, man or woman, you should defend yourself. Although nowadays you'd probably get sued by someone.

« Last edited by Bluejay0714 on Jan 8th 2009 »
Bluejay0714

"It's only a little fire. Shut up and take it like a man!!!!" My saying now for using the flame thrower in COD:WAW
R Stunna Posted: 09:54 Jan09 2009 Post ID: 2516298
R Stunna
+
Well I think its wrong for guys to hit girls. No exceptions. Woman are to be treated as queens. Even if they want to believe they are tough, they are still women. Strong women, but still women. You wouldn't want anyone to hit your mom. Now would you?
Bluejay0714 Posted: 14:15 Jan09 2009 Post ID: 2516435
Bluejay0714
Forum GuestMember
+
T Stunna , it seeemed like you thought I was saying that I would hit a girl. I would never hit a girl. I never said I would either. I just said I didn't like the rule. That doesn't mean I would hit a girl, it just means I think they should change the rule a little bit. That way boys get a little protection too. Unless you feel like wearing protection all the time. I know I wouldn't. Are you by any chance a girl? I don't know any buy that would say that girls should be treated like queens.
Bluejay0714

"It's only a little fire. Shut up and take it like a man!!!!" My saying now for using the flame thrower in COD:WAW
Catharsis Posted: 18:48 Jan09 2009 Post ID: 2516748
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 09-Jan-2009 R Stunna said:Well I think its wrong for guys to hit girls. No exceptions. Woman are to be treated as queens. Even if they want to believe they are tough, they are still women. Strong women, but still women. You wouldn't want anyone to hit your mom. Now would you?
I've met women before who could probably win against a man in a fight, assuming he's an average male and not some bodybuilder or something. While it is true that generally women are less physically capable than men, it's not universally true.

Quite aside from that, I don't think anyone in this topic who's saying that guys are allowed to hit girls is saying that men should be allowed to just slap women around whenever they feel like it. I don't suppose you think men should be allowed to just start fights with each other whenever they like, either. The hypothetical scenario usually posited is that if a woman should for whatever reason attack a man, the man has a right to defend himself which can involve hitting.

Assuming a woman attacks a guy, and he's unable to restrain or subdue her without hitting her, what's he going to do, let her beat him into unconsciousness? He wouldn't let a man do that, I'd assume. Similarly, if a man attacked him and he found that he was able to restrain him without having to resort to hitting him, would he hit him anyway just because he's male?

« Last edited by Catharsis on Jan 9th 2009 »

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
lorry_low_low Posted: 05:44 Jan10 2009 Post ID: 2516974
lorry_low_low
+
i belive what ever you give out expect to get it back so if i hit a bloke i would expect it back
in any situation . alot of people atill live in an old fashioned world but most of the women i know (including myself) will only hit a man if extreemly provoked eg. if some one spat at me

« Last edited by lorry_low_low on Jan 10th 2009 »
DemonOfSand Posted: 17:13 Jan10 2009 Post ID: 2517447
DemonOfSand
+
On 10-Jan-2009 lorry_low_low said:i belive what ever you give out expect to get it back so if i hit a bloke i would expect it back
in any situation . alot of people atill live in an old fashioned world but most of the women i know (including myself) will only hit a man if extreemly provoked eg. if some one spat at me
The girls I see fight are usually the spoiled girls or the girls who go around acting tough and acting pretty much the way a guy would. IMO, if you want to act tough, be tough. If you're a girl and you're going around parading that your tougher than a guy, then prove it, don't cower and pull out the whole "You can't hit me, I'm a girl" speech. Humans are supposed to be equal, although biologically we aren't, we can be. You've seen bodybuilding women(gross) who I'm pretty sure can take down professional wrestler and boxer, etc. Probably the only sport I'm seen it be ok to hit a girl is in martial arts, but like I said, that I've seen.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
lorry_low_low Posted: 04:40 Jan11 2009 Post ID: 2517778
lorry_low_low
+
there is nothing nice about girls fightinh i could not think of any thing that would put a man off more than mouthy girls . i remember once seeing a row break out between a couple and she was slapping him repetivly round the face . he pushed her she went on her *** and some bloke charged in and knocked him out . like a cave man . every man agreed with it and every girl said that she deserved it
DemonOfSand Posted: 12:49 Jan11 2009 Post ID: 2517937
DemonOfSand
+
On 11-Jan-2009 lorry_low_low said:there is nothing nice about girls fightinh i could not think of any thing that would put a man off more than mouthy girls . i remember once seeing a row break out between a couple and she was slapping him repetivly round the face . he pushed her she went on her *** and some bloke charged in and knocked him out . like a cave man . every man agreed with it and every girl said that she deserved it
I totally agree with you on this. What I think, is that th guy should try to restrain her without violence, but if he can't, then by all means hae at her, but only enough to control her, not like break bones or any serious injuries. Cause it's not really fair to guys.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
Displaying Page 5 of 8

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close