Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

The Inheritance Cycle RP

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Oddball Posted: 18:58 Oct07 2008 Post ID: 2448994
Oddball
Post Likes: 0
+
Okay, this is the first RP I've done, so bear with me. It's a fanon prequel rp to Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr based on the Dragon Riders of old, before Galbatorix wiped them out. You don't specifically have to be a Dragon Rider, you can be a warrior, spellcaster, healer, whatever, and you can be either Human, Dwarf, Elf, Urgal, Ra'zac, or Wild Dragon.

Rules: While use of magic in the ancient language is allowed, and it can be fabricated, under any circumstances unless it is fighting a character that is not being played out by a person, no death word spells. If you read the book you will no what I'm talking about. Any death words used against real players will get you an immediate ban from the RP and we'll incorporate it into the story as a shade murdering you. Also, if in combat, be realistic, you can defend yourself with shields and spells, however don't drag on too long. If you have been beaten don't say random crap like "and i thru up my sheild and so ur spell dont effect me k" It's stupid.

Plot: The Dragon Riders are waging a fierce war against the Shade Army, who have been allied with the ever-growing number of Ra'zac. The Shade's outnumber and outskill the Riders at every turn, and the Ra'zac are hunting down any supporters of the Riders. War has begun.

Bio:
Name: Fabrik, Son of Berg
Race: Elf
Height: 6'5
Weight: 85kg
Dragon's name: Lexis
Lexis' colour: Emerald green
Dragon build: Lexis' is a medium build dragon, however her wingspan is quite large, giving her immense beauty.
Fabrik's history: At a very young age, 6, Fabrik came in contact with a Dragon egg and it hatched for him. At the young age for an elf, 70, this has given Fabrik and Lexis ample time to train and hone their abilities.
Fabrik's weapon: He bears a Rider's sword, as usual. It has a large, large emerald fitted into the pommel, however the hilt is completely black. The blade matches the colour of Lexis' scales, which is a deep emerald colour. Fabrik has enchanted it to glow a greenish aura when his defensive wards wear off. The sword itself is of the length of many swords like Zar'roc, however it is relatively thin, along with a smaller sized hilt allowing for swift and elegant fighting. He has named the sword Ace, after it's speed and agility.
Alignment: Fabrik bears a hateful grudge against the Ra'zac for an attempt on his life, and will let nothing stand in his way..

« Last edited by Oddball on Oct 11th 2008 »
Check out my video blog at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVKEWusSAk
latiasfinder Posted: 21:22 Oct07 2008 Post ID: 2449125
latiasfinder
The Finder
+
I love you.

Name: Sydney (parents lost)
Race: Human
Height: 5'5
Weight: 115 lbs (don't use kilos here)
Dragon's Name: Kero
Kero's Color: Silver
Dragon's Build: Streamlined, made for speed over power, aeronautical wing design (slimmer and angled for better flight)
Sydney's Past: Sydney became orphaned when a Dragon Egg came into her town and she found it at the age of 8. The Ra'zac killed her family looking for her, but she was well hidden in the deep floorboards under her family's barn. When she emerged to her burnt home, everything was gone. Not long after leaving it, her Egg hatched, the new dragon keeping the lonely girl company until the pair grew older, and were able to travel freely.
Sydney's weapons; Besides the usual Rider sword, of a dashing silver to match Kero named Kveykva (lightning), she carries a small bag full of objects that can trick, confuse, and disorientate her foes that don't need her other powers wasted on. They aren't much, but they've helped.
Alignment: Wishes to kill off the Ra'zac for killing/harming many others, but not her own family. Revenge for others.

Changed his color cause I like silver better.

« Last edited by latiasfinder on Oct 13th 2008 »

Sig and Avy by Me ~
Oddball Posted: 21:35 Oct07 2008 Post ID: 2449134
Oddball
+
Nah, looks good. You're accepted.
latiasfinder Posted: 21:36 Oct07 2008 Post ID: 2449136
latiasfinder
The Finder
+
Sweet. About time an Eragon RP showed up here. ^^

Sig and Avy by Me ~
kakashi1432 Posted: 15:07 Oct08 2008 Post ID: 2449550
kakashi1432
+
i think you are my new best friend eragon ftw

Bio:
Name: Blaze
Height: 6'00
Weight: 175
Dragon's name: Hurricane
Hurricane's colour: Silver
Dragon build: Hurricane is very small and light but hes very fast. His speed gives him an advantage over the rest of the dragons. Though because hes so fast his scales are less armoed they can turn arrows but when it comes to a balleste or something major he just cant cut it
Blaze's history: Hurricane hatched for Blaze when he was around his 20's he was taken into training imeedately. Blaze's speed and stregth mirrored that of Hurricanes because he was an elf he was fast but whenever he sparred with others he always seemed to be faster it wasnt long before he was too fast for anyone to fight and win against.
Blaze's weapon: Blaze carries a sword crafted by Rhun'on. The Blade's name is Wrillzong which means haste in the anciant launguage. The blade is silver. The pommel is decorated with diamonds which Blaze can store energy into.
Alignment: Blaze wants the war to end many of his friends who should have lived forever have already passed into the void. He knows who killed them and will cut that person down to avenge all the murder and hate he's caused
my aim name is kakashi143225 pm me cuz i need ppl to talk to

Oddball Posted: 17:18 Oct11 2008 Post ID: 2452321
Oddball
+
((Okay, I'm gonna give this a little bump. Also, if no more people join in the next few days, we'll start on our own.))
kakashi1432 Posted: 18:06 Oct11 2008 Post ID: 2452342
kakashi1432
+
(btw is this before or after the events in the book or is it completely diffferent?)

Oddball Posted: 02:35 Oct12 2008 Post ID: 2452687
Oddball
+
(((Before the fall of the Riders and Galbatorix)))
ResonantThunder Posted: 03:45 Oct12 2008 Post ID: 2452698
ResonantThunde
r
Forum GuestMember
+
Bio:
Name: Osoram son of Vloknir
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 170lbs
Weapons: Osoram of course has a reider's sword. His sword like all rider’s swords, is the same color as his dragon. Encrusted in the pommel is a purple gemstone coincidentally it is amethyst. It is a very heavy two-handed sword however Osoram can easily maneuver them with a single hand. His swords is named Pain, a fitting name for a tool of war.
Dragon: Amethyst (female)
Dragon’s Appearance: Amethyst is an extremely large dragon. She is an intense purple color; at times her color ranges from shades of blue-purple, to purples more on the red side of the scale. She was built for power. She has a wingspan near one and a half times that of a normal dragon.
History: Osoram and Amethyst were united when Osoram was 17 years old. He was very young for an elf. After 79 years of companionship, growth, and battle they are as close as a dragon and a rider could be. They are perfect for each other. Both are beings of intense strength and reserved nature.
Allegiance: He vows to fight the shades and ra’zac simply because he believes it is his duty as a dragon rider and more so a duty to his people.

« Last edited by ResonantThunder on Oct 12th 2008 »
Oddball Posted: 15:53 Oct12 2008 Post ID: 2453059
Oddball
+
(((You're in, ResonantThunder, but it would be nice if you claimed one sword, and not Misery, because in the ancient language it means 'Zar'roc' which is already a sword in the books.)))
ResonantThunder Posted: 16:16 Oct12 2008 Post ID: 2453086
ResonantThunde
r
Forum GuestMember
+
((Okay it is just pain now.))
Oddball Posted: 01:17 Oct15 2008 Post ID: 2454714
Oddball
+
((Well guys, we might as well get started. Other members may join a little later.))

"Fool!" A Shade hissed. Durza, at his infancy as a Shade. "The Riders will never prevail over us! We outpower you, and we will hunt you until you are all but exterminated!" He hissed again, continuing the deadly spar with Fabrik.
"Lexis, where are you?!" Fabrik cried out telepathically, unbeknownst to Durza.
Lexis did not respond with words, but rather images of smokey figures battling her through the air.
"Blast it!" Fabrik cried, Durza's wards preventing him from dealing a final blow.
"Such a shame!" Durza mocked, and he muttered a few words in the Ancient Language before a striking pain gripped Fabrik. He cursed.
"You shant best me, shade!" Fabrik yelled loudly.
"We shall see!" Durza said, parrying Fabrik's blows. Fabrik cursed at Durza again and put every ounce of energy at his disposal, and uttered the word "Brisingr." Purposely, his sword Ace, was enveloped in flames upto the hilt and struck down on Durza, missing his heart. Fabrik's heart sank, for Shades only died when struck in the heart, rather vanishing and then reappearing even stronger. A flame enveloped Ace wobbled due to a lack of energy, and therefore missed completely, striking his shoulder blade. The flames would have killed a normal man, however, and Durza disapeared into smoke, then air. Fabrik cursed a final time before falling into unconciousness, and leaving a final beacon for his survival. "All Riders free of battle, I need your help."

« Last edited by Oddball on Oct 15th 2008 »
kakashi1432 Posted: 15:11 Oct15 2008 Post ID: 2454953
kakashi1432
+
Blaze rode of Hurricane towards the battle Wrillzong unsheithed. He saw he was too late but saw Fabrik falling. urging Hurricane forward he caught him before he hit the ground. Casting his mind out to Fabrik's dragon Lexis he asked "Lexis? are you ok? do you need help?"

(pretty interesting way to start a rp your chars already falling unconcess)

latiasfinder Posted: 18:51 Oct15 2008 Post ID: 2455071
latiasfinder
The Finder
+
Kero snarled and shot a blast of silvery flames at the re-appearing Durza. The Shade dodged the on-slaught and charged at the Rider leaping over the fuming silver dragon's shoulder, sword raised. "Kveykva!" she hissed through clenched teeth as her feet made contact with the ground. Her sword, upon its name being called, hummed with electricity. Sydney twirled out of Durza's path and lunged forward.

Durza backstepped and uttered, "Letta." Kero and Sydney growled as one as both stopped in place. Durza chuckled. "Maybe you should concentrate on saving your Rider friends over there rather than pitifully trying to slay me, which you could never do," he drawled, pacing around Sydney, whose blazing electric blue eyes followed the Shade. Durza smirked and vanished as Kero, in a spurt of magic, shot a blistering fireball at where the Shade had been standing.

Sydney stumbled as the magic released her, air whistling down her throat in relief. Kero nudged her. We should go help Fabrik... he told her urgently. Sydney sighed. Next time we'll get Durza. Next time. All of us. Nodding to herself, she strode over to Kero's side and swung herself up on the saddle. Flaring his glittering wings, Kero took off with a few quick flaps of his long wings, carrying himself towards the other Riders. Alighting upon his rear legs, the dragon landed as smoothly as possible. Without waiting for his forelegs to touch ground, Sydney leapt over his shoulder again and hurried over to Fabrik. "Does he need healing?" she asked Blaze breathlessly.

Sig and Avy by Me ~
Oddball Posted: 00:41 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455298
Oddball
+
Fabrik's eyes widened.
"No, I'm just exhausted. Blacked out for a second, not as long as I thought I would. Lexis is in trouble. She's battling some experienced shades, far greater than Durza. She won't last much longer if we don't get to her. I'm suprised at the speed of Durza's reappearance. Normally it would take hours. The Shades have something new. Bah! Why are we sitting here talking? We need to save Lexis!" Fabrik said, and he then reestablished his mental link with Lexis.
"What's happening with you?" Fabrik asked.
This time, Lexis responded with words. "The Shades! They best me! You three must join up in the battle with the bulk of the Riders, and help me. We need all the help we can get." She said, and Fabrik could feel her anguish at the torture of the Shades, and upon recovering as much energy as he could, he sat up upon Kero, and beckoned for Sydney to join him.
"I hope you don't mind me riding your Dragon, but he's one of the fastest, mind Lexis of course, with her large wings being able to beat at the air in incredible strengths." Fabrik said, and smirked.
ResonantThunder Posted: 12:24 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455477
ResonantThunde
r
Forum GuestMember
+
Osoram was positioned snugly on Amethyst's saddle. With Lexis within sight Amethyst had a burst of speed. Osaram probed the area with his mind before sending Amethyst into the midst of battle. Letting out an undying cry of anger and an eruption of blue flames from her gaping jaws Amethyst crashed into the midst of battle. She divided the opposition in two.
kakashi1432 Posted: 18:15 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455667
kakashi1432
+
Blaze grinned. "No me and Hurricane are happy to have you with us now lets go kick some Shade ***" Blaze shouted as Hurricane reared up and flew towards Lexis. She was surronded by three shades and they were taking turns using a spell to torture her. Hurricane opened his mouth and a jet of silver flames came out of his maw consuming the shades. As the flames went out the shades were burned but it quickly healed. They abanened Lexis and headed towards Hurricane. Blaze could feel their spells trying to bypass his wards. "My wards are holding for now but i dont know how long they could hold against 3 shades." Leaping off Hurricane, Blaze drew Wrillzong and charged towards the shades

latiasfinder Posted: 21:56 Oct16 2008 Post ID: 2455914
latiasfinder
The Finder
+
Kero made no protest of Fabrik's presence, and bent down to allow Sydney to return back to her place on his back. He radiated a hint of smugness at being called the fastest, which she ignored. You heard him; let's go! she told him. The dragon nodded, springing into the air and flaring his wings as far as they'd stretch before flapping to keep aloft. He streaked through the air like a fish through water.

Both Rider and dragon sensed the shades, but angled towards Lexis to allow Fabrik to re-connect with his dragon. Kero flared his right wing to slow himself and half turn in mid-flight. "She might need healing; we'll catch up later," Sydney shouted over the roar of the dragons. Kero snarled as a Shade sneakily tried to ambush Blaze. A jet of silver flames erupted from his parted jaws and hissed angrily over the Shade. The creature rasped in pain before taking advantage to utter a complex spell.

Sydney yelped as she was pulled off Kero's saddle and fell downwards. Kero whipped his head around and tried to dive (assuming Fabrik is with Lexis) but was hit by a spell and forced backwards in mid-air. Sydney quickly uttered words to slow her fall, but felt her energy sap substantially. The Shade who had attacked her crept forwards, drawing a sword from beneath his billowing robes. Sydney barely had her Kveykva unsheathed when he lunged forwards. The clang of metal bending to metal rang in her ears as the Shade's blade curved around Kveykva's sharp side. Kero! she cried mentally, her strength waning with each blow.

Sig and Avy by Me ~
Oddball Posted: 00:19 Oct17 2008 Post ID: 2455945
Oddball
+
Fabrik jumped from mid-air straight onto Lexis from Kero, and struggled to hand on to her.
"Lexis!" Fabrik cried out telepathically. She provided no answer, and kept her fight with the Shades going. She was barely staying in the air, and she was incredibly exhausted.
"SYDNEY!" Fabrik called, aware that she and Kero were in distress. He cut his sentence short but then spoke it again telepathically to her.
"Sydney, Lexis and I have no energy at our disposal, and we can't fight the remaining Shade. Thanks for the ride, but Orosam and Blaze are the last Riders fit for this battle, and we along with the few other dozen Riders in this battle cannot fight much lon-" He stopped, in sheer terror. Half a dozen shades surfaced out of thin air, and he kept Ace at his side.
"RETREAT!!!" Fabrik yelled, amplifying his voice through unspoken magic. "We've just lost Kirtan, we must return to Ellesmera, for the Shade Army will surely head there."
Fabrik's distress was furthered when he heard a telepathic message from a relatively new Rider, Oromis, based in Ellesmera. "Ra'zac deyja Drottingu".

« Last edited by Oddball on Oct 17th 2008 »
kakashi1432 Posted: 14:55 Oct17 2008 Post ID: 2456340
kakashi1432
+
Blaze felt the blood drain fromh is face as he saw the shades. He ran back towards Hurricane and jumped on. Hurricane flew up and surveyed the battlefield. There were simply to many shades. "back to ellesmeria then". as Hurricane flew towards the direction f the anicant forest.

Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 574145

Post Top
Click to close