Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.

Mac vs. PC

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Ju Ju Man Posted: 16:09 Oct26 2008 Post ID: 2463448
Ju Ju Man
Post Likes: 3
+
Which one? I use a PC and am freakin' proud of it. Macs suck, and should kill themselves for even THINKING Macs are better.
Want to help a brother out? Click Here and hit "Start Generating"!

"Argh! He's not gonna get away with this!"
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Catharsis Posted: 16:14 Oct26 2008 Post ID: 2463454
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
Post Likes: 0
+
This goes in the Tech Forum...

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
PhilXZ Posted: 16:33 Oct26 2008 Post ID: 2463476
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
PC, I use it. That's all I can say. Never used a MAc
Rathalos9 Posted: 17:35 Oct26 2008 Post ID: 2463514
Rathalos9
+
On 26-Oct-2008 Ju Ju Man said:Which one? I use a PC and am freakin' proud of it. Macs suck, and should kill themselves for even THINKING Macs are better.
Won't Koolstr be happy to see this. I want a Mac, im getting one ecentually.I dont like windows

Avy by .Impact

imaloony8.0 Posted: 19:49 Oct26 2008 Post ID: 2463577
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
PC for the win. I have a Mac laptop because my school leases it to me for $140 a year, and my family can afford it, but I don't like it very much. Its fans suck, its layout fails compared to PC's, and its programs crash a lot. Once I have the cash for a PC laptop, I'm losing this cruddy thing. (And since when do I want only ONE clicker for my mouse? Do the people at Mac really believe that all the people in the world fused all their fingers together into one? Would it kill them to cut the button in half?)

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Ju Ju Man Posted: 17:40 Oct27 2008 Post ID: 2464410
Ju Ju Man
+
On 26-Oct-2008 Rathalos9 said:Won't Koolstr be happy to see this. I want a Mac, im getting one ecentually.I dont like windows
Why?? Why would you want a Mac?ShameThey can't stand up to the PCs!!

SUPERMAN5 Posted: 05:29 Oct28 2008 Post ID: 2464735
SUPERMAN5
+
I guess...I'm a PC. MAC's pretty much sucks and fail at life. It like emo version of the PC.
Rathalos9 Posted: 09:45 Oct28 2008 Post ID: 2464796
Rathalos9
+
i bet almsot none of you have ever used a Mac, or are too lazy to adjust.

Avy by .Impact

imaloony8.0 Posted: 13:16 Oct28 2008 Post ID: 2464832
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
I have a MacBook Laptop. It's on lease and it was cheap to lease, and that's the only reason I have it.

It sucks. Its layout is stupid, the internet crashes on me all the time, the wireless isn't too great, the fans are really weak, and it seems to want you to go crazy by making the mouse clicker only one button. Honest to god, why do I need to hold control or do the stupid two finger click crap? Why can't I just have the damn right click?

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
jrich49676 Posted: 23:40 Oct28 2008 Post ID: 2465259
jrich49676
+
Dont really like Mac at all. tried to use it for a while, and didnt like it. not all the cool programs that windows has. Mac has a crappy layout, cool moving graphics and stuff, but not good layout. and im with everybody else, nogo on the one button mouse. I have to say, mac is a good operating system for graphics, but if you ever actually customized a Windows xp operating system, you would realize that you can make windows better than Mac. theres not really much internal customization in a mac like in a pc.

RIP Marvee Johnson March 26, 1986-September 2, 2007
Ju Ju Man Posted: 17:56 Oct29 2008 Post ID: 2465699
Ju Ju Man
+
Yes, that's true. I did use a Mac for a bit, then sold it for a PC, yeah, so it comes with a camera and crap, but for even less money, you can buy a camera, and download programs that do basicly the same thing as a Mac. Why the hell do they cram all that technology into a monitor two inches thick? They can't even put a decent fan in the freakin' thing!

Volke Posted: 12:31 Oct31 2008 Post ID: 2467169
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
As far as my experience concludes:

Macs are better for computer technology projects, especially graphical designing.

PCs are better for everything else.
Meteøra Posted: 14:51 Nov01 2008 Post ID: 2468070
Meteøra
+
PC hands down. I have used a mac before for my desktop, it sucked major ***, slow, crashes a ton, unreliable, horrible layout, and I HATE HATE HATE the mouse. It is not even a competition, apple should stick to music, not becoming a company for 2 year old kids. I hate the fact that like all schools use macs, I suppose that is because they are cheap for schools, and easy to use for a 12 year old who knows nothing of computers. >.>

Really now though, learn how to use a damn computer and get a PC.
[/center][/center]
Previously qwertyuio
Sig by Galade, Avy by Nathan!
MSN = filip_qwertyuio[AT]yah*oo.com
Ignorance is bliss, but incompetence will get you killed - Me
Join my new site with games,vids,music, and more!!
g33k Posted: 07:21 Nov02 2008 Post ID: 2468589
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
I would have to say I like PC alot but mac is ok. Mac works good for what I do which is programing and stuff but it won't play my games so PC wins there. Mac would be better if they fixed the mouse.Doh
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
koolstr Posted: 18:49 Nov09 2008 Post ID: 2474993
koolstr
+
What the hell is wrong with you people? Mac is awesome, and better than Winblows in a lot of ways. I'll admit, PC is way better for gaming and the general person.

Macs have the BEST layout, interface, graphic design, and customization. Its a hell of a lot easier to use than a PC, and much safer. Virtually none of my apps ever crashed (unless its general app glitches), and its a lot simpler to use. Even the startup time is about half as much as Winblows. All of you are just too prone to change, you're losing out.

They have great customer service, and the variety of apps and such are spreading out. As soon as Apple comes out with the $800 notebook, I guarantee your opinion about Apple will change.
[center]Goodbye, SC...

The person he reminds you of must be a failure of epic proportions in order for there to be any similarity whatsoever.[i] -Pandaemonium
Catharsis Posted: 19:05 Nov09 2008 Post ID: 2475007
Catharsis
One thought fills immensity.
+
On 09-Nov-2008 koolstr said:What the hell is wrong with you people? Mac is awesome, and better than Winblows in a lot of ways. I'll admit, PC is way better for gaming and the general person.

Macs have the BEST layout, interface, graphic design, and customization. Its a hell of a lot easier to use than a PC, and much safer. Virtually none of my apps ever crashed (unless its general app glitches), and its a lot simpler to use. Even the startup time is about half as much as Winblows. All of you are just too prone to change, you're losing out.

They have great customer service, and the variety of apps and such are spreading out. As soon as Apple comes out with the $800 notebook, I guarantee your opinion about Apple will change.
If Macs are so much easier to use, then why did everyone in this topic say that they suck, and are difficult to use?

My main problem with Apple is their godawful attitude as a corporation, and the corresponding attitude of their fanbase. I haven't actually USED a Mac, but from all of the accounts I've heard, the hype about them really is nothing more than hype, which makes me suspect that it's really just preference that separates them, much like Firefox and Opera. However, at least Windows users don't preach the superiority of their OS in every discussion they can fit it into...

Besides, it's widely known that the "best" OS is Linux. So, in fact it's YOU that's "losing out", by using Mac - funny, no?

Signature and avatar made by Master Volthawk.
Email/MSN: empyrean decadence at hotmail dot com (Remove all spaces)

"Improvement makes strait roads, but the crooked roads without Improvement, are roads of Genius." - William Blake.

Winner of Member Brawl '09. Finally cleared out enough sig space to include that.
DeadWing Posted: 18:52 Nov13 2008 Post ID: 2477402
DeadWing
+
I use a windows computer at my house and a mac computer at my school.
I think it's a tie between them.
Windows is better for gaming, internet, but it tends to be slow
Mac is user-friendly and has a kick @$$ way to install programs.
But if I HAD to choose, i'd say a PC (sorry Koolstr)
Go read a different signature.
Ju Ju Man Posted: 12:29 Nov16 2008 Post ID: 2479452
Ju Ju Man
+
On 09-Nov-2008 koolstr said:What the hell is wrong with you people? Mac is awesome, and better than Winblows in a lot of ways. I'll admit, PC is way better for gaming and the general person.

$800 Laptop? Jesus Christ. PCs are actually cheaper and better quality than your dumb Macs and who needs an app that will wipe your ***? Apple thinks that just because they cram too much tech in a puny monitor they will win because its "user-friendly". Ha! I was using a 98 untill a few months ago, then I got a Vista, kept the bubble monitor that came with the 98, got a new scanner, printer, got a new keyboard and optical mouse. Got new speakers, bought Windows Word, used a spare monitor for my 98 so I could use it too, all for under $1,800! Try doing that with a Mac! My Vista comes with: a universal memory card reader slot, a LightScribe CD burner/labeler, and a Media Drive Slot. PC can kill Mac anytime, day or night.

« Last edited by Ju Ju Man on Nov 16th 2008 »

DeadWing Posted: 16:34 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480720
DeadWing
+
Well....the layout of the macs are better then the PC, but customization....I think the PC has more of that.
As for safety...yeah, mac is more safer....IF you don't install any security programs on the PC. If you install enough on the PC, then the Mac looks like a little padlock and a PC looks like a high security vault.
None of my apps have ever crashed unless I have a hundred programs running at once.
Macs are simpler to use, and the startup time CAN be faster then the PC. But there are ways to shorten the boot time of the PC by at least 20 seconds.
And the PC's are WAY lower priced for what they're worth. The only main good thing for Macs are that they are user friendly and the have the awesome GarageBand program. But you can get Acoustica Mixcraft for PC which is just about as good.
So....the PC is still better.
As for Linux....no idea...never used it before.
Go read a different signature.
Sir Knight Posted: 19:04 Nov17 2008 Post ID: 2480950
Sir Knight
+
Here are my problems with a Mac.....

- WAY overpriced. Hell, I could custom build a simple PC and I'm most likely to pay about a third of the price of a Mac.
- Tower is optional
- Even if I did get a tower, I probably won't be able to get inside it.
- Because of the above reason, it's obvious I can't custom build one.
- It's a gamers worst nightmare.
- I find it to be a true hardware hog
- They can't acknowledge the greatness of Linux. Why do you think they shun Windows (Namely Vista 32-bit) in those commercials?
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth

Currently viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close