Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Black Ops Updates - Minor News

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
qwertyuio Posted at: 02:16 Sep20 2010 Post ID: 2905198
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
In this thread you may post any minor news, updates, or interesting bits of info you may find on this game until it's release date.

If you have a large piece of news such as every weapon being exposed, a major multiplayer feature, etc. then please create a topic instead.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
zeldafan11 Posted at: 15:30 Sep21 2010 Post ID: 2906014
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Really don't get how this is different from bowow's...

Combat Training is beginning to sound good.

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
sphynxx Posted at: 17:45 Sep21 2010 Post ID: 2906166
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
I'm assuming it was simply because Bowows was all over the place. A combination of simple talk about the game (which it started off as I think) and then minor news. This just seperates it all.

OMG long barrel ranger gun!!! Thankfully that wont be akimbo too -,- Or at least I hope not xD

combat training will be good. I'll use it at any rate to learn the maps. Beats doing what I normally do & do it on my own through offline multi. At least this way theres stuff to shoot at & watch out for.

Also come in handy for clans & all that, so I can certainly see its benefits.

Although I'm not happy that is like offline multi, where currency etc you earn in combat training, stays in combat training. I would've preferred that it's like online private. What you have in online multi is what you have in CT.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
stormform Posted at: 14:32 Sep27 2010 Post ID: 2909023
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Some questions have been answered in Twitter:
@ios37 »: Rumor to unlock and buy the Classified guns you have to buy all the guns in the same class. True or False
@DavidVonderhaar »: Not a rumor. Fact.

@davedemp8 »: Can you give us a hint to how many maps there will be in multiplayer?? thanks!
@DavidVonderhaar »: 14. That was declassified on Sept 1st, but not widely published.

@sythangelwing »: Can someone "join session" via splitscreen?
@DavidVonderhaar »: Not exactly.You have to sign in before the game lobby. We treat the splitscreen player like being a member of your COD Party.

@scientificking »: keeping track of k/d ratio causes people to back out of strong lobbies, and seek weak lobbies even w/o dashboarding
@DavidVonderhaar »: We have a record of everyone who doesn't finish games they start. A clear abuser (not souls with bad luck) will get smacked.

@SOG_Krunch »: can guests join wager matches? If so, i predict people plugging in extra controllers and boosting for cP
@DavidVonderhaar »: Only in the Low Limit games and even then I can disable Splitscreen from any playlist if it gets out of hand.

@ColdSteel17 »: In MP Splitscreen mode, will my friend need his own Xbox LIVE Gold account, or can he use a LIVE guest account???
@DavidVonderhaar » | 2 »: We support both guests and having two Live profiles.Guests obviously have more limits since they do not "accounts." They are considered in your COD party and subject to the same rules as any COD party.

@davedemp8 »: Can you comment on the SoH pro, quickscopeing problem? IMO it took the skill out of quickscoping.
@DavidVonderhaar »: Let me try that again. Sleight of Hand Pro does not work with any sniper class weapon.

@BC_1000 »: can the chopper gunner be head shot and killed... That would suck though!
@DavidVonderhaar »: No.

-courtesy of black ops 24/7

zeldafan11 Posted at: 23:39 Sep28 2010 Post ID: 2909729
zeldafan11
+
+
GKNova6

The Viral for Black Ops has changed showing us zombies in suits? SOG (Possibly) Members killing infected (Possibly) scientists? Looks interesting!

stormform Posted at: 13:42 Oct01 2010 Post ID: 2910705
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
New trailer has been released - This time about the customation.

A new Multiplayer trailer is revealed, showing the Customization that Call of Duty: Black Ops will offer.

Activision and Treyarch have just released a new trailer for Black Ops multiplayer, but this time they focus on customization aspect of the game.

The trailer confirms that gold camo will return and also shows a very brief glimpse of a few new maps. We've seen the Wager Match trailer and now this, so expect plenty more to arrive in the coming weeks in what appears to be a special rundown of features in Black Ops.

According to the list featured in the video, Theater, Weapon Customization, Killstreaks, Combat Training and Currency are all likely to get the same trailer treatment.

So what exactly will you be spending your CoD Points on this November? Check out the video below to find out!

Article from Black ops 24/7

agent Cody Bauer Posted at: 22:57 Oct02 2010 Post ID: 2911442
agent Cody Bauer
+
+
Honestly,

I am so flippin' pumped up for this game! I love MWF2 but it got old with all the hackers and campers. I always wanted a COD game to have some type of 'Theatre' mode and now they do this year! This game mark my words will be the head honcho of shoot em up games for a decade and a half!
-Denver Nuggets Fan(Melo/Billups/JR/Nene/Kenyon/Lawson)

zeldafan11 Posted at: 04:29 Oct08 2010 Post ID: 2912901
zeldafan11
+
+
Clarification about Combat Training:

There's been a few misconceptions and confusion regarding one of Black Ops' new features, Combat Training. This mode pits you against enemy AI and is perfect for those who aren't quite used to Call of Duty multiplayer. It's basically multiplayer but isn't multiplayer, get it? Ok, maybe Vahn can describe it much better for us.

On the CoDHQ, Treyarch's Design Director has answered some questions about Combat Training in detail. He starts by mentioning that Combat Training is online and that a PSN or Xbox Live account is required to use it. The mode will also include a similar rank progression to that of normal online multiplayer but it will not support Contracts or Leaderboards, although it does support many Challenges and most of the unlocks.

In Combat Training you will start at level 1 but the rank progression is separate from the normal online rank progression, so although you may be level 40 in Combat Training, you may also be level 10 at the same time in normal multiplayer.

This mode is designed for players who want to know what online multiplayer is like but without being thrown into the action. As Vahn points out, it's a way for you to play multiplayer by yourself but that you can also play with friends (with or against).

If you have a Internet connection and you play online on your platform then here's what you can play:

* Player Match = Rank progression. Get XP and cP.
* Wager Match = No rank progression. No XP awards. Just cP earn potential. No Create a Class. All load-outs are pre-determined.
* Combat Training = Rank progression (but separate from than Player Match version)
* Private Match = Allow Player Classes or make Custom Classes you want players to use. No XP or cP awarded.

He also talks a bit about online split-screen. This allows for you and a friend to play online on the same console in the same room. Online split-screen allows up to 2 players, although it depends on the playlists. This works similar to players in your party as you will only be able to join playlists that allow more than one player and two split-screen players will usually be on the same team.

Apart from having an Internet connection, players can also play local and here is what it includes:

* Split-Screen = 4 players together on a single machine. No rank progression. No XP or cP. Everything is unlocked.
* LAN Party/System Link = No rank progression. No XP or cP. Everything is unlocked.

Full article (Advertising stuff I didn't post. :p) here.

« Last edited by zeldafan11 on Oct 8th 2010 »

sphynxx Posted at: 05:46 Oct08 2010 Post ID: 2912929
sphynxx
+
+
Well I'm happy with the offline/private stuff being already unlocked. I got sick of playing offline with my mates & starting out with nothing on MW2. It sucked, because I prefer certain weapons over others. I can use them all well, but some don't feel right. So the offline with this is going to be good. Just jump straight in with everything unlocked xD Good way to test everything out before jumping online too.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

stormform Posted at: 12:52 Oct09 2010 Post ID: 2913224
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
Some scraps of news

RC-XD Racing You Say?

Treyarch's Design Director has been at it again on the CoDHQ forums. This time he's addressed the idea of RC-XD racing. The RC-XD has a 30 second time limit before it automatically explodes, which disappointed those who hoped to have some racing fun.

Although there won't be any racing going on in public and wager matches, you will have the option to disable the time limit for the RC-XD in private matches.

¨What I said was that you could disable (the timer) in Private Match. You don't adjust the timer.

We did dork around with an RC-XD car race Wager Match type but it was a lot of work for only modest amount of fun and was only playing even remotely decent on a small percentage of maps.

The biggest challenge was that once you fell into the bottom positions recovery from it become really difficult. Solutions meant implementing too many "racing game" mechanics and features. That is best left to games like Blur, not Call of Duty.

Disable the timer in Private Match. Make up your own rules. Play with friends that will honor the rules and have at it. We put that in specifically because you said you wanted it. �?? Vahn¨

Black Ops Surpasses MW2

As IGN » reports, pre-order sales for Black Ops are looking very good. According to GameStop, Black Ops is tracking ahead of Modern Warfare 2's pre-orders last year.

Here's what GameStop's SVP of merchandising Bob McKenzie had to say:

¨GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops. We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard. �?? Bob McKenzie¨

Article from black ops 24/7

agent Cody Bauer Posted at: 17:49 Oct09 2010 Post ID: 2913277
agent Cody Bauer
+
+
I wish I could be a game tester and play online with this game before it releases! I was on youtube looking around and they got videos from one of the testers and he's uploaded a few of his matches. I believe his youtube username is BlackOpzGamer or something.
-Denver Nuggets Fan(Melo/Billups/JR/Nene/Kenyon/Lawson)

stormform Posted at: 15:38 Oct10 2010 Post ID: 2913907
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
Some scraps again.

[size=15]RC:XD heavyweight [/size

GamerZines correctly pointed out » that the British HMV » has updated their CoD: Black Ops Prestige Edition page with technical information that concerns the RC:XD remote controlled car. And even though it has not been confirmed through other channels, it looks like you'll need to stock up batteries if you want to race the RC:XD right out of the box. And if you thought the 6 batteries that went in the Night Vision Goggles (Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition), you're in for a shocker. The RC:XD will need twelve (yes, 1 - 2) batteries, 6 in the car itself and 6 in the remote control... It makes sense, as the car will send wireless video over to the remote control like a real remote spy car, but still... that's a lot of weight (and pennies)!

CoD: Black Ops to set pre-order record

Last year Modern Warfare 2 broke all records in both pre-order statistics and retail (over $1 billion, plus 20 million DLC map packs). But it looks like Bobby Kotick's (CEO Activision) prediction might come trough and that each entry in the Call of Duty series will outperform its predecessor. According » to GameStop, Black Ops is poised to surpass MW2's tallies and break the retailers's all-time preorder record.

"GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops,�?� said Bob McKenzie, senior vice president of merchandising at GameStop. �??We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard."

In the charts of October 2nd over at VGChartz », Call of Duty: Black Ops already sold 1,494,681 copies on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 together. This was two weeks back, and we all know pre-orders will climb at a much faster pace when the release date of November 9th closes in.

Black Ops for NDS in trouble?

Kotaku reported » that Black Ops for the Nintendo DS might be on loose screws. It's rumored that the developer, n-Space, who also created previous versions for Call of Duty might be closing down its doors. After being forced to lay down approximately a quarter of its staff in August, it looks like the they are now "essentially closing shop" according to a report from Gameblurb ». This could be a very sad ending to a 15 year long run for n-Space...

It is unknown what exactly this means for the release of Cod: Black Ops for the NDS on November 9th.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 18:12 Oct10 2010 Post ID: 2913967
zeldafan11
+
+
Nice info on BO courtesy of GameTrailersTV: http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/410?ch=1

sphynxx Posted at: 02:17 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914155
sphynxx
+
+
Meh; their video player is rubbish. Buffering all the time, even in SD. Then not playing parts & stopping/restarting at the beginning.

I gave up halfway through.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 16:10 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914335
zeldafan11
+
+
Here, I found one on youtube, just for you:

sphynxx Posted at: 23:22 Oct11 2010 Post ID: 2914465
sphynxx
+
+
Well, there was nothing overally exciting in that. Just a bunch of talk about stuff most of us knew already Eh Kind of a waste of 13 minutes really.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 01:03 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914477
zeldafan11
+
+
New trailer at CallofDuty.com.

Will later edit with an embed from youtube.

« Last edited by zeldafan11 on Oct 12th 2010 »

sphynxx Posted at: 02:20 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914480
sphynxx
+
+
Going from that, the 1887 looks to be in Single Player - on the snow mobile - left hand. Looked like the 1887.

Jirachi X Posted at: 07:14 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914572
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
It is, and here is the Youtube so ZF doesn't have to edit =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHVY740d454&feature=sub

All in all, I think that the new Single Player might turn out quite enjoyable.

Also, 12 Batteries for the RC car? Damn that's a buzzkill, especially if it's C Batteries or something equally large :/

« Last edited by Jirachi X on Oct 12th 2010 »
I'm gone - bye
zeldafan11 Posted at: 14:02 Oct12 2010 Post ID: 2914608
zeldafan11
+
+
It is the 1887 sphynxx. I'm sure they learned from MW2's mistake though...

Edited with embed, JX. :p

New Multiplayer map "Jungle" gameplay, here .

New Single Player gameplay from Kowloon, here .

« Last edited by zeldafan11 on Oct 13th 2010 »

Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 292692

Post Top
Click to close