Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Black Ops

Some new news

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

stormform Posted at: 10:21 Oct05 2010 Post ID: 2912163
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Details about interactive maps in multiplayer, the game shipping with 3D support, and some new campaign information!

First lets talk about interactive maps. Although we're about a week late here, it's better than never, eh?

As CVG » reports, Treyarch's Community Manager Josh Olin has been talking about how the new interactive maps will help spice up the game.

What are interactive maps? As I'm sure you've all seen by now from the teaser trailer, the rocket lifting off on "Launch" is a perfect example of interactive maps.

In the latest edition of Edge magazine » Olin talks about how a number of the maps will have buttons to press which will open doors or to cue timed events (like the rocket).

I don't think the community has fully grasped the importance of this. Take Launch, for example, where the rocket takes off. If you're under it you die, but one of the Search and Destroy bomb sites is under there, and there's a Demolition site under there too. You have to time your attacks based around when that rocket's going to go off - and you can use that to win the game. In CTF, I've practised with my team here at Treyarch to capture the enemy flag, take it down through that route at just the right time, so the rocket launches and the guys who are chasing me can't get under there and have to turn round. �?? Josh Olin

But Launch isn't the only map to have interactive abilities, as Radiation is another example. In Radiation a set of blasts door can be opened and closed via a control panel on a nearby platform. Vahn touched on this interaction a few weeks ago.

If you've captured that point, it might be valuable to send a couple of guys up there to take the control panel and close the doors. Now the only point of attack is down through the tunnels - so you know where they're going to come from, they can't jump in from above. It can really change how the battle plays out. �?? Josh Olin

So there you have it. Interactive maps sound very intriguing and rather than just being a visual effect, you can use them for your own tactical advantage. This makes us even more excited to find out what other interactive surprises will be waiting for us in the other maps that will ship with the game in just over 30 days!

Some New Campaign Information
Please note that this information may contain some spoilers for the Single Player campaign. If you wish to avoid these possible spoilers then we recommend you to jump down below to read the rest of the article.
Spoiler:
click to reveal

3D Support
Treyarch and Activision have just announced that Black Ops will be playable in stereoscopic 3D when the game launches this November. The game will be compatible with 3D-ready HDTVs and 3D PCs utilizing state-of the-art active shutter 3D glasses. The game can be played in both 3D and non-3D on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC. 3D can be enabled and disabled by simply using the menu option in Single Player, Co-op or Multiplayer.

More information is available here

Article from Black ops 24/7
comments?

« Last edited by stormform on Oct 5th 2010 »

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted at: 22:30 Oct05 2010 Post ID: 2912348
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
I decided not to read the info about the campaign, simply because I want to discover it all on my own. Regardless if there's not any relative spoilers in that piece, can you put it into spoiler tags just after the line;

"If you wish to avoid these possible spoilers then we recommend you to jump down below to read the rest of the article."

Just so people have a choice of opening it up to read, and skipping to the next part without inadvertently seeing something that pertains to the campaign when trying to skip it.

I'm loving the idea of interactive maps. Although I'd prefer a few more things than a couple of blast doors. Like being able to open & close doors into buildings/booby trapping doors so when someone opens it, it blows up in their face that kind of thing.

I know they've nerfed Marathon & Lightweight, but I still have reservations abuot them running over claymores, so a booby trapped door would be great xD

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
stormform Posted at: 22:57 Oct05 2010 Post ID: 2912356
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
Yeah, the booby trap would be great.
Tough it'll probably end up overused and nobody wanting to go through doors because of the booby traps.

sphynxx Posted at: 23:04 Oct05 2010 Post ID: 2912358
sphynxx
+
+
Eh - Just shoot the doors & make em go boom Eh

Or have it as a special interactive & have it that a player can only use it once per match if they have it equipted.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Oct 5th 2010 »

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

stormform Posted at: 23:26 Oct05 2010 Post ID: 2912366
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
That would be nice in the smaller games such as S&D.
In bigger games it won't work that well.

sphynxx Posted at: 23:48 Oct05 2010 Post ID: 2912370
sphynxx
+
+
I don't see why it wouldn't work at all.

stormform Posted at: 07:49 Oct06 2010 Post ID: 2912409
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
A smart team could cover the door with a booby trap for the whole game.

sphynxx Posted at: 21:24 Oct06 2010 Post ID: 2912566
sphynxx
+
+
Well in objective based games that'd be pretty useless.

In TDMs it'd be pretty pointless because most rooms have multiple entry points, as well was windows & other lines of sites. A well place grenade or RPG would render that tactic useless.

It's much the same on MW2, if I know someones scav packing & claymoring a room. I'll just Flash, semtex & if that doesn't work. Noobtoob/Rocket the room. Gets the camper out pretty easily.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close