Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Somethings have gotten a bit out of hand.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

K Dawg Posted at: 12:28 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785649
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
Well first off I must say Mw2 is a great game but some of the perks/gameplay have gotten a bit stupid.

First off, The one Many Army perk, well lets see when your playing Search and Destory this means you basically get Infinite noob tubes. Well yeah that sounds fun.

Secondly, Bling is a great perk but it has increased the popularity to a max of the noob tubes, I guess that's the new thing Red Dot + Noob Tube. Another option instead of Bling is Scavnger. I have no problem with people picking up amo, and stun grenades and what not, but this is also giving people more noob tobes and rocket lauchers.

Thirdly, the worst one in the game "THE COMMANDO PERK" this has got to go, the knifing 20ft away while getting shot is a bit stupid. Then to top it off "the knife" is basically lock-on which make it even more noob friendly. I guess I missed something I just always felt 1-3bullets kills someone I didnt know 1 stab with a little knife in the leg would kill someone.

I dont know, I guess I just feel like ranting but I'm sure some people feel the same way. As I said prior to this, Mw2 is amazing game, but more and more I tend to get more agervated with these new Fads coming into play.

All I can say is people really have to learn to get some better AIM and learn how to shoot bullets instead of infinite noob tubes.

« Last edited by K Dawg on Jan 11th 2010 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
zeldafan11 Posted at: 17:06 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785775
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
Post Likes: 0
+
+
It's fair play, IMO. Open your style of play up to more things like knife only and noob tubing, have a couple classes for these set up and when someone is doing it to you, do it back. have fun with it. It can get annoying but it IS fair play for you to do this and mess about, tis a game and nothing more. The Perk system has ALWAYS been the main downfall for the game, Perks like Stopping Power, Juggernaught (CoD4, CoD:WaW), Steady Aim. but this is something we've had since the 2007 installment (CoD4) people are just complaining about this because they haven't found a good balance yet.

IF IW should do anything they should only Remove OMA, replace OMA with Situation Control: Replace attachments with others that you have in game or something like that but make it like a 5 second Re-specification of your guns and Pro lets you use it on Secondary's (BTW Scavenger isn't that bad you actually have to go pick it up instead of sit in a corner and OMA Pro your way to 2 more noob tubes), Nerf Stopping Power, Re-add the Akimbo 1887's range (simply for the fact it's at a high level and they aren't impossible.), reduce Commando range, replace Lightweight's original 1.10 speed multiplier (currently 1.07 which was a patch change.), fix the Care Package glitch, fix the FFA SitRep glitch, REMOVE Tactical Insertions and in your next game don't use that stupid PING system matchmaking for consoles.

LOL at the beginning I said "IW should only remove..." Following with a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of BS in the game and things I don't have a problem with but I think would solve MANY problems concerning balance. =D I think I will email this to IW.

Wow when you said

K Dawg said:I dont know, I guess I just feel like ranting but I'm sure some people feel the same way.

You were right I felt like ranting too...

This is probably my most thought out post in my three years of being here...LOL

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
K Dawg Posted at: 18:16 Jan11 2010 Post ID: 2785842
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
zeldafan11 said:It's fair play, IMO. Open your style of play up to more things like knife only and noob tubing, have a couple classes for these set up and when someone is doing it to you, do it back. have fun with it. It can get annoying but it IS fair play for you to do this and mess about, tis a game and nothing more. The Perk system has ALWAYS been the main downfall for the game, Perks like Stopping Power, Juggernaught (CoD4, CoD:WaW), Steady Aim. but this is something we've had since the 2007 installment (CoD4) people are just complaining about this because they haven't found a good balance yet.

IF IW should do anything they should only Remove OMA, replace OMA with Situation Control: Replace attachments with others that you have in game or something like that but make it like a 5 second Re-specification of your guns and Pro lets you use it on Secondary's (BTW Scavenger isn't that bad you actually have to go pick it up instead of sit in a corner and OMA Pro your way to 2 more noob tubes), Nerf Stopping Power, Re-add the Akimbo 1887's range (simply for the fact it's at a high level and they aren't impossible.), reduce Commando range, replace Lightweight's original 1.10 speed multiplier (currently 1.07 which was a patch change.), fix the Care Package glitch, fix the FFA SitRep glitch, REMOVE Tactical Insertions and in your next game don't use that stupid PING system matchmaking for consoles.

LOL at the beginning I said "IW should only remove..." Following with a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of BS in the game and things I don't have a problem with but I think would solve MANY problems concerning balance. =D I think I will email this to IW.

Wow when you said

K Dawg said:I dont know, I guess I just feel like ranting but I'm sure some people feel the same way.

You were right I felt like ranting too...

This is probably my most thought out post in my three years of being here...LOL

It is fair game, but it does get quite ignoring.
Tactical Insertion is mad ignoring to, I agree with you there.

Another thing is the airspace it gets crazy at times. I like the killstreaks dont get me wrong, but I dont think you should be able to have 2 Harriers and a Chopper Gunner all going at the same time, followed with some Predator Missiles.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Spartan 085 Posted at: 03:04 Jan13 2010 Post ID: 2786534
Spartan 085
+
+
Well, on the airspace not, I'm not sure you can. With Harriers, yes, but if you have a Pave Low out, you can't toss a Chopper Gunner in the mix also. It'll tell you the airspace is too crowded.

One thing I do think IW should remove from the game is the kill-cam except for a game-winning kill. I, personally, am a Sniper and when you get to see a kill-cam, it reveals your position. The game is not sniper-friendly. Sometimes, you do want it, like when someone is exploiting a glitch and is sitting off the map but overall, I don't think they should be used.

The care package glitch does need to be fixed and commando can get ridiculous sometimes. But all things considered, they should rework the collision detection and damage of most weapons. Tonight, on Favela I jumped off a roof and Spas-12 someone from mid-air and 20 feet away. Good for me but I know I wouldn't be too happy about it if roles reversed. Model 1889 and Ranger need to see higher bullet spread and less range. Sniper rifles need to see a big revamp as well, I shouldn't be getting killed when I punch a .50 cal rifle bullet into a guy's chest from 20 feet away more than once. It's ludacris to give away your position and also get killed because somebody is walking through that kind of firepower with just a jolt and then back to shooting you to smithereens.

I'm hoping when the new map packs come out, with it will come a better patch and hopefully some more sniper-friendly maps. Only time will tell I guess. But I feel you on what you're saying. I consider myself a pretty strong player and when I have a game that I go five and 20, there's something wrong going on. We can only cross our fingers that things will change.
A1C Peck
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 18:04 Jan13 2010 Post ID: 2786817
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
uuh you can turn kill cam off you know if your hosting..can you on split screen you can.

I always hate it how people get to one of the best positions,tactical insert and when they die and yo uget up their they shoot you.

i also agree with spartan.i also am a sniper and the kill cam usually gives away my position when playing with friends.(up to about 4 maybe more)and then they gang up on me cause im the best.

Also has anyone been doing hte challenges on MP.they are a bit stupid.Has anyone done Goodbye?IW has put it as jump 30 feet or more to your death.So i went ot highrise and jumped of the building but didnt get hte challenge.apparently the only place i have found you can do this is on Rust if you climb up to hte top of hte tower(and i mean top buy climbing using hte ladder)and jumping off there)now as i'm about to do it some noob goes and kills me so i didnt get it.but hte thing is the noob used a knife and was far away.I bet its the stupid tactical knife thing.that paired with commando gives you a huge knife range.But i dont see why 100 kills with a handgun gets you better meele range when you can get a better upgrade.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 19:09 Jan13 2010 Post ID: 2786855
zeldafan11
+
+
LOL For Goodbye you can do it on any map BUT Wasteland.

Also Hardcore = Silencing your sniper without Stopping Power and getting one hit kills + no killcam. Smile

And yes Commando should get patched but I was playing today and only saw two guys doing it in one match then I saw no more of it. I'unno

Spartan 085 Posted at: 13:09 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787147
Spartan 085
+
+
I do play Hardcore TD but only when I'm playing by myself. Most of my friends aren't very good at Hardcore so I play TD with them and there's the kill-cam.

I just think it shouldn't be in the game at all. Radar is fine and cool, but the kill-cam is no bueno.
A1C Peck
zeldafan11 Posted at: 19:15 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787267
zeldafan11
+
+
Well, I just can't believe you because when I play hardcore TDM, SnD and HQ Pro there is no Kill cam. Unless you play PC, which then I don't know. All I know is in description it says Kill cam: Off.

Spartan 085 Posted at: 20:34 Jan14 2010 Post ID: 2787316
Spartan 085
+
+
Did you even read anything I wrote? I said there's no kill-cam on Hardcore. I don't play S&D or HQ that much.

So again, TD shouldn't have kill-cams.
A1C Peck
exploding typhoon Posted at: 23:28 Mar11 2010 Post ID: 2813324
exploding typhoon
Grammar strict policeman.
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Kill-cams are good for finding snipers. BAD snipers, that is. You guys saying you're "the best", well you're breaking the most sacred of sniping rules: RELOCATE!!! Take your shot, and move on. That is THE most important rule of sniping. If you stay in one spot, you die.

« Last edited by exploding typhoon on Mar 12th 2010 »
"We are men of action, lies do not become us." - Westley

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

I wanna spin around on a 45.

qwertyuio Posted at: 23:40 Mar11 2010 Post ID: 2813328
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
exploding typhoon: Please don't bump topics that haven't been posted in for over a month, thanks.

Closed
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 292692

Post Top
Click to close