Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

biggest cause of death

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Mortarion Posted at: 11:46 Feb26 2010 Post ID: 2807506
Mortarion
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I hate those, the campers i mean, but once they have their tent set up they are fairly easy to kill.
[center]
[size=10]Cookies for CharmingFacade(of the guild) for the epic sig! And for Tbug2007(of SC) for the awesome avy![/center][/size]

Your Ad Here
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted at: 20:35 Feb26 2010 Post ID: 2807683
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:Yeah but snipers are almost always in predictable places and never move around, so a simple frag can solve that problem.

Correction; BAD snipers always stay in one place & never move.

I myself constantly move maps, quick scope (althogh I'm fairly bad @ it - I'm a better no scoper with the .50 than I am @ quick scoping lol - People say that every no scope is a fluke - well I have to disagree - I was following an enemy, ran into a building, to see him ducking down behind a counter, & saw two of his team mates on a stand by statues watching two different doors. Scoping in would've taken too long, so instinctively I just lined up, did the usualy tricks for a no scope, took down two in less than 4 seconds, jumped on the counter, & did the same & took down the third Thumbs Up

I do that so often my mates hate me for it, coz I do it to them all the time offline with the intervention lol We take turns in dictating the rules & terms for each game. Generally the loser of the previous sets it up - & dictates the conditions, & so they always say no snipers coz its all I ever used against them, and always would win. We always play first to 60 kills FFA, and I would always be 60-0-10(highest death count was 24, lowest was 0 - the 10 is an average estimate)

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Mortarion Posted at: 09:54 Feb27 2010 Post ID: 2807826
Mortarion
+
+
yes i meant the good snipers, they are annoying eh? but nothing 100 m240 rounds won't fix, it will at least keep their heads down eh? come to think of it the m240 is not a S.A.W. it is closer to a HMG. the FN MINIMI/M249 is a S.A.W. eh? jus sayin'
[center]
[size=10]Cookies for CharmingFacade(of the guild) for the epic sig! And for Tbug2007(of SC) for the awesome avy![/center][/size]

Your Ad Here
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 13:19 Feb27 2010 Post ID: 2807931
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Okay, seriously dude, not everyone is a gun nut like you. I remember the M249, but I doubt anyone else knows what the FN MINIMI is.
And how canit take you 100 rounds to take out 1 person?
My understanding of Heavy Machine Guns was that they are pretty much confined to mounted, and almost impossible to move around on your own, as they require several parts.
That would make the M240 a light machine gun.
Now known as
Mortarion Posted at: 16:03 Feb27 2010 Post ID: 2808055
Mortarion
+
+
I realize that, i'm just semi-ranting because of boredom eh? The MINIMI is the exact same as the M249 but without the tactical rails. Because i can't see the GD sniper! Your understanding would be correct, IRL the M240 with the most ammo one could carry at one time it would weigh about 65 lbs. IDB, good luck toting that around all day, let alone firing extended bursts. The M240 fires the NATO 7.62 round whereas the M249 fires the NATO 5.56 round, the recoil from the M240 during an extended burst would be substatially more than the M249, which is actually designed to be fired by personnel not from a vehicle or mount like the M240 eh?

*rant over*
[center]

Your Ad Here
sphynxx Posted at: 18:44 Feb27 2010 Post ID: 2808186
sphynxx
+
+
Mortarion said:I realize that, i'm just semi-ranting because of boredom eh? The MINIMI is the exact same as the M249 but without the tactical rails. Because i can't see the GD sniper! Your understanding would be correct, IRL the M240 with the most ammo one could carry at one time it would weigh about 65 lbs. IDB, good luck toting that around all day, let alone firing extended bursts. The M240 fires the NATO 7.62 round whereas the M249 fires the NATO 5.56 round, the recoil from the M240 during an extended burst would be substatially more than the M249, which is actually designed to be fired by personnel not from a vehicle or mount like the M240 eh?

*rant over*

Aryt, seriously, you seem to have a passion for guns, but I'm sure that if anyone else wanted to know the stats of guns, we would have asked - not have all the info crammed down our throats lol

But seriously - you're annoyed with snipers, who generally fire one bullet & then relocate? When you seem to be guilty of one of the most n00bish FPS tactis ever - Get a big gun with lots of bullets & hold down fire until you hit something.

I'm what I'd call a "Good" sniper - I very rarely miss when sniping, generally miss due to bad connections to the host - who are generally American, and being from New Zealand - makes my game quite bad lag-wise. With snipers, I generally make between 15-30 kills in a match, depending on my connection, & the types of players. Campers & Danger Close users & LMG nuts that spray the area with a million bullets are the bane of my existenc when I snipe.

Thats what annoys me with people that use the RPD or any of the other LMGs - they see an arm disappear around a corner, so the start unloaded & just walk around the corner keeping firing & your just overloaded with bullet spray you can't do a thing. There's no skill in firing 100+ bullets.

« Last edited by sphynxx on Feb 27th 2010 »

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

zeldafan11 Posted at: 20:45 Feb27 2010 Post ID: 2808283
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
LMG's are basically SAW's, but HMG's are the only ones that require mounting.

Fact about LMG's are that things like the Browning M1919 from W@W was carried by foot soldiers IRL and the same with just about any LMG you can think of, that's why they are called Light Machine Guns, SMG's and HMG's are completely different.

Legend for N00bs: HMG (Heavy Machine Gun), LMG (Light Machine Gun), SAW (Squad Assault Weapon), SMG (Sub Machine Gun), W@W (Call of Duty: World at War).

Now please, get back on topic, this is 'biggest cause of death' not '*Spam* Realistically flawed *Spam*'

After playing online for the first time today in about 4 or 5 days, my biggest cause of death was rustiness.

/topic

« Last edited by zeldafan11 on Feb 27th 2010 »

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
sphynxx Posted at: 01:07 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808344
sphynxx
+
+
zeldafan11 said:LMG's are basically SAW's, but HMG's are the only ones that require mounting.

Fact about LMG's are that things like the Browning M1919 from W@W was carried by foot soldiers IRL and the same with just about any LMG you can think of, that's why they are called Light Machine Guns, SMG's and HMG's are completely different.

Legend for N00bs: HMG (Heavy Machine Gun), LMG (Light Machine Gun), SAW (Squad Assault Weapon), SMG (Sub Machine Gun), W@W (Call of Duty: World at War).

Now please, get back on topic, this is 'biggest cause of death' not '*Spam* Realistically flawed *Spam*'

After playing online for the first time today in about 4 or 5 days, my biggest cause of death was rustiness.

/topic

I know all about the rustiness. I haven't played for 2 weeks though. I'm starting to get bad withdrawls from MW2. I love that game but I can't play it lol

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 06:22 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808401
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Yeah it does take a while to get back into the swing of things, even when it's just after sleeping it can take me a game or two to get used to it again.

What does IRL mean?
Now known as
Mortarion Posted at: 10:06 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808465
Mortarion
+
+
IRL = In Real Life...
[center]

Your Ad Here
exploding typhoon Posted at: 16:34 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808612
exploding typhoon
Grammar strict policeman.
Post Likes: 5
+
+
zeldafan11 said:LMG's are basically SAW's, but HMG's are the only ones that require mounting.

/topic

S.A.W.: Squad Automatic Weapon/ Stand-off Attack Weapon. Anyway, my biggest cause of death depends on the map. In maps like Favela, people on roofs. Derail? Snipers. But I don't have any problem with these so-called "campers". So someone finds a postion where they can get some kills. Big deal. It's called HOLDING A POSTION. And what's with the "noob toob" title? Grenade launchers are perfectly acceptable. I don't know why you make such a big deal about it, it's a handy thing to have.

« Last edited by exploding typhoon on Mar 1st 2010 »
"We are men of action, lies do not become us." - Westley

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

I wanna spin around on a 45.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 19:41 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808691
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
Campers aren't that bad really IMO easy to kill even if you didn't know where they were.

If someone is using n00b tubes on you, use them back, just another added benefit of prestige is having extra classes.

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
sphynxx Posted at: 21:03 Feb28 2010 Post ID: 2808720
sphynxx
+
+
exploding typhoon said:

/topic

S.A.W.: Squad Automatic Weapon/ Squad-Assist Weapon. Anyway, my biggest cause of death depends on the map. In maps like Favela, people on roofs. Derail? Snipers. But I don't have any problem with these so-called "campers". So someone finds a postion where they can get some kills. Big deal. It's called HOLDING A POSTION. And what's with the "noob toob" title? Grenade launchers are perfectly acceptable. I don't know why you make such a big deal about it, it's a handy thing to have.

'Holding Positions' is not something I have a problem with. Its the people with akimbo rangers or 1887s that sit in a random corner & wait - When there's a genuine reason for someone to hold down a position, then I'm fine with that. What I have a problem with is the people that pick corners & wait & do little else in a game. & do it repeatedly. I'm unfortunate enough to find players like that often, where they'll set up camp, & get 5 or 6 kills, & never do anything else. I kill the easily enough - its more the fact that people think its fun/funny to do that is what irks me. There's little enjoyment to be had staying in 1 place, sitting ina corner watching 1 door. Kinda pointless to me.

exploding typhoon Posted at: 09:44 Mar01 2010 Post ID: 2808838
exploding typhoon
+
+
Well, whatever makes them happy. It's not really our place to tell them what they can or can't enjoy. I generally let my team-mates go in front of me, so I know if someones hiding most of the time. And even if I don't let them in front of me, they usually just push in front of me so... I tend to not help them very much. And I've noticed that alot of times I die when my team-mate(s) COULD have saved me. But they didn't. ****ers.

« Last edited by exploding typhoon on Mar 1st 2010 »

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 11:31 Mar01 2010 Post ID: 2808890
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
That theory of letting of others go in ahead don't work for me.
I'm a lone wolf, that plays by nobodys rules *shakes head and flicks hair to one side dramaticly*
Seriously though, I hate going in Groups.Too easy to get killed and too hard to get kills.
Now known as
exploding typhoon Posted at: 11:58 Mar01 2010 Post ID: 2808901
exploding typhoon
+
+
That's why I only follow one guy. If a little skull appears then it's Flash/Frag time. If not, I generally pick a different direction. I only follow people into buildings most of the time.

sphynxx Posted at: 19:39 Mar01 2010 Post ID: 2809074
sphynxx
+
+
exploding typhoon said:That's why I only follow one guy. If a little skull appears then it's Flash/Frag time. If not, I generally pick a different direction. I only follow people into buildings most of the time.

I run my routes in games. Very rarely will I follow my team mates. on larger maps, I generally do what TheMightyHutch does, and has suggested in his online videos - run the outside of the maps, get clear line of sight to the center & heavy traffic points, pick your targets, take them down, then carry on moving. I don't always run the same route every time though, thats just stupid lol

bowow Posted at: 19:52 Mar01 2010 Post ID: 2809080
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
+
wouldnt going the same place every time be camping or a form of camping i thought of a nice nickname for campers but it wouldnt be aloud i would get told off by a mod but i think i can share the intials CC the first words camping the second is what ever you want it to be lol

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
sphynxx Posted at: 01:32 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809195
sphynxx
+
+
bowow said:wouldnt going the same place every time be camping or a form of camping i thought of a nice nickname for campers but it wouldnt be aloud i would get told off by a mod but i think i can share the intials CC the first words camping the second is what ever you want it to be lol

I think your missing a vital point from the previous posts - What we do, isn't go into the same corner/building window/spot death after death after death, game after game after game.

It's impossible for anyone to NEVER end up in the same place. What we do, or at least, this is the impression I got, was run different routes around the map, generally on our own, or with another team mate.

Each map has 2 or 3 specific, heavy traffic routes to get to the major points on each map. Quarry for example, was two major outer edge routes, with 2 straight through the middle, and a couple of smaller branches. That's all Quarry has, unless you use the giant blocks of stone to cut across the map.

I personally never run the same route each time on the same map if the lobby is the same, with the same players. But on each map I have certain routes I will run that generally take me behind the enemy, whilst facing no, or very little resistance. If I'm with a good team, that allows me to always be behind the enemies whenever they spawn. That is, if my team knows spawn points, and don't push to far forward to force the opposition to continually spawn in 1 part of the map. I only ever do that on Domination though, its not as fun on TD - I perfer to run & gun. Spawn Trapping on Domination whilst holding two objectives is just smart lol

bowow Posted at: 01:43 Mar02 2010 Post ID: 2809204
bowow
The Lizard King
Post Likes: 4
+
+
if i go a way and someone kills me there i always go back just to get revenge then i just go and find someone else to kill

Cred to TheLlama for the Siggy! And PBO for the Avy!

Blurred Voice said:Female, you just stick a blunt object in your fun hole and nothing comes of it. Man, you grab your pork stick and send little ghost looking things from a Mario game everywhere.
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close