Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I would like this.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
K Dawg Posted at: 19:09 Jun12 2010 Post ID: 2855142
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
From offical Twitter from Robert Bowling

"If we added a playlist to Modern Warfare 2 with killstreaks disabled, what gametypes would you like to see in the rotation? "

I really hope they do this, I might consider playing again.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
zeldafan11 Posted at: 00:54 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855303
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I saw that tweet, but really, Killstreaks aren't the major problems, the perks are.

If there was a playlist without Perks, that would be best. :p

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
sphynxx Posted at: 04:16 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855336
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
^ Alex, I've seen people running around without perks lol.

some people have had none at all, others are missing their third perk. I don't know what the cause is because my friend on 360 has been in a few games & he's been called a hacker for having no perks, but he didn't hack & wasn't even aware he had none lol But sure enough, when he paid attention to the class he was selecting (normally he does what I do, and just select his class immediately through mesmorising the ammount of buttons on the Dpad to press lol) he saw he had no perks. Which suprised him a lot

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
K Dawg Posted at: 06:59 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855372
K Dawg
+
+
zeldafan11 said:I saw that tweet, but really, Killstreaks aren't the major problems, the perks are.

If there was a playlist without Perks, that would be best. :p

True some of the perks have to go also.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Oh Joy Desctruction Posted at: 07:56 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855386
Oh Joy Desctruction
+
+
How can you click no perks? lol
[center]

Dr_Logic Posted at: 13:00 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855449
Dr_Logic
+
+
Kill streaks is what the whole game is centered around, I don't think kill streaks are the problem. They need to take out commando and noob tubes. Although, taking out noob tubes might make a couple people mad, but they should at least take out commando. Commando takes a lot of your reaction ability away, thus making it flawed.
"I shall always be convinced that a watch proves a watchmaker, and that a universe proves a God." - Voltaire
zeldafan11 Posted at: 13:21 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855454
zeldafan11
+
+
No perks is a glitch, it happens sometimes, there is no sure fire way to get no perks (I think...), but third perk disappearing to my knowledge has only happened with Ninja Pro...

Just goes to show how glitched the game is...

stormform Posted at: 13:34 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855460
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
I've had my third perk disappear once (couple years ago) it was indeed ninja pro but all perks disappearing, never heard of that before this

zeldafan11 Posted at: 13:46 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855463
zeldafan11
+
+
stormform said:I've had my third perk disappear once (couple years ago) it was indeed ninja pro but all perks disappearing, never heard of that before this

lolwut? MW2 wasn't out a couple years ago...So how did you lose Ninja Pro a couple years ago. LOL

stormform Posted at: 13:54 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855466
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Ups... Doh I meant months ago. Shouldn't type in two places at once

hatershateme Posted at: 14:18 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855475
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
+
This playlist would be really fun, and a show of true skill. Without killstreaks, people would suck.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

K Dawg Posted at: 14:26 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855480
K Dawg
+
+
Dr_Logic said:Kill streaks is what the whole game is centered around, I don't think kill streaks are the problem. They need to take out commando and noob tubes. Although, taking out noob tubes might make a couple people mad, but they should at least take out commando. Commando takes a lot of your reaction ability away, thus making it flawed.

The Streaks are somewhat of a problem. In Cod4 there was 3-5-7 Killstreaks, and In my opinion there was alot less camping. Many people try to get nukes, Chopper Gunners, Ac-130 And so on and considering these Streak require more kills this equals more camping. The maps also play a roll on camping. I'm just saying the Killstreaks do play a roll in this also.

« Last edited by K Dawg on Jun 13th 2010 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
hatershateme Posted at: 14:27 Jun13 2010 Post ID: 2855483
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
+
K Dawg said:
Dr_Logic said:Kill streaks is what the whole game is centered around, I don't think kill streaks are the problem. They need to take out commando and noob tubes. Although, taking out noob tubes might make a couple people mad, but they should at least take out commando. Commando takes a lot of your reaction ability away, thus making it flawed.

The Streaks are somewhat of a problem. In Cod4 there was 3-5-7 Killstreaks, and In my opinion there was alot less camping. Many people try to get nukes, Chopper Gunners, Ac-130 And so on and considering these Streak require more kills this equals more camping. The maps also play a roll.

That is very true.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Oh Joy Desctruction Posted at: 07:57 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855784
Oh Joy Desctruction
+
+
Well, thats unfair to the people who can get them while moving, if I want A chopper Gunner, I'll wait till I get a Pavelow, then go into bushes and go prone and just wait.

I believe nuke is the problem.

Along with some perks. There was many perks in W@W that i'd gladly take back, (Overkill, The one that can make you trigger happy xD, Second Chance, ect)

I also think that if they do the W@W thing and make it you have to get, say 50 kills with an Intervention to get the scope. I thought that was really good.
[center]

K Dawg Posted at: 09:58 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855803
K Dawg
+
+
It needs to go back to 3-5-7. There was no reason to change it after how successful Cod4 did.

Care Package is also a problem, for 4kills you can get basically any killstreak reward. Whats That? That's also a big problem.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
sphynxx Posted at: 12:59 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855885
sphynxx
+
+
Ha, Care Packages are hardly a problem.

It isn't perks, or killstreaks that are the problem. It's the community really. Sure, the KS & Perks do add to the problem, but if the community had some sensibility about it, the problem would be minimal at best.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Dr_Logic Posted at: 00:32 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857377
Dr_Logic
+
+
K Dawg said:

The Streaks are somewhat of a problem. In Cod4 there was 3-5-7 Killstreaks, and In my opinion there was alot less camping. Many people try to get nukes, Chopper Gunners, Ac-130 And so on and considering these Streak require more kills this equals more camping. The maps also play a roll on camping. I'm just saying the Killstreaks do play a roll in this also.

Your premise is true, however your conclusion is false. Kill Streaks are not the main cause of camping, the level design is. First off, let's clear up some definitions.

Camping - This is when you're sitting in a spot and don't see a high percentage of the map. NOTE; You cannot consistently do well when camping, it is a impossibility.

Playing positional - This is when you move around in one area and see a high percentage of the map by playing your position NOTE; This is the most effective way to play MW2, and is what the maps/game is built around.

My conclusion is, since the maps/game is built around playing positions and communicating, kill streaks are good to have. While you and I may not like the fact that MW2 is built around defense and MW was built around offense. That fact remains, it is what it is. The maps for MW2 are meant to be played positionally, thus the kill streaks are fine. And in the context of what shooter MW2 is trying to be, it does a very good job at it. Again, its suppose to be a defensive shooter, unlike MW.
"I shall always be convinced that a watch proves a watchmaker, and that a universe proves a God." - Voltaire
K Dawg Posted at: 07:49 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857402
K Dawg
+
+
Dr_Logic said:
K Dawg said:

Your premise is true, however your conclusion is false. Kill Streaks are not the main cause of camping, the level design is. First off, let's clear up some definitions.

Camping - This is when you're sitting in a spot and don't see a high percentage of the map. NOTE; You cannot consistently do well when camping, it is a impossibility.

Playing positional - This is when you move around in one area and see a high percentage of the map by playing your position NOTE; This is the most effective way to play MW2, and is what the maps/game is built around.

My conclusion is, since the maps/game is built around playing positions and communicating, kill streaks are good to have. While you and I may not like the fact that MW2 is built around defense and MW was built around offense. That fact remains, it is what it is. The maps for MW2 are meant to be played positionally, thus the kill streaks are fine. And in the context of what shooter MW2 is trying to be, it does a very good job at it. Again, its suppose to be a defensive shooter, unlike MW.

The Maps are more defensive I agree 100percent. I still think the game would be better off without the custom killstreaks. I cant tell you how many times playing in demolition that the team who doesnt even attempt for the objective in the first round ends up winning the next round automatically. Simply because they all build up kill-streaks and it's basically impossiable to even leave your spawn with 1-2harriers and a Ac-130 going on. I just really hope that in the next Call of Duty game they go back to the traditional 3-5-7 there is no need for these customiazation killstreaks.

I also feel the killstreaks are a bit overpowered. 7-11-25, Harrier, Chopper, Nuke, this is what about 50percent of Mw2 uses because of the Nuke. Once you get your 6-7 without dying (Hardline), you basically homefree because the harrier and the chopper gunner will get you most of the kills needed.

I agree with you 100percent that the map designs cause the majority of the camping, but I also feel that the need to build up killstreaks causes some camping also.

« Last edited by K Dawg on Jun 17th 2010 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Dr_Logic Posted at: 11:49 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857493
Dr_Logic
+
+
Yeah me and you have the same idea. The only thing I'm seeing that you're not is this, MW2 was meant to be a defensive shooter. It's not suppose to be like MW, so if that's what it's striving to be, then the kill streaks are fine. The game revolves around you getting kill streaks and stopping kill streaks, that's my biggest point. It would be like trying to turn baseball into football, their two completely different things. And while me and you might think football is better, for what baseball is trying to be, it does a really good job. I hope that makes sense, but that's basically what I'm trying to say.

Also, I have no comment on any modes except Team Deathmatch, because all I play is Team Deathmatch. You might be on to something with the other game modes not having kill streaks, however, I can't say because I honestly never play them.
sphynxx Posted at: 05:15 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857798
sphynxx
+
+
K Dawg said:Once you get your 6-7 without dying (Hardline), you basically homefree because the harrier and the chopper gunner will get you most of the kills needed.

Rubbish; I have not once seen a legit Nuke in all the games I've played. And whilst it isn't much, I have combined over 7 or 8 days of gaming time.

I've been nuked 5 times, all 5 have been boosted. Besides, A lot of people nowadays are carrying Coldblooded+Stinger classes anyway. I can't get into a game on any game mode without my KS being shot down. And depending on which game mode I'm in, its either UAV, Predator, Attack Heli. Or Predator, Harrier/Attack Heli, Pavelow/AC130/CG.

I cannot get any kills to count towards my KS because my harriers are generally spawn killed as they enter the map & same goes with my 3rd tier KS.

As for your "3, 5, 7" KS idea - To that I say rubbish.

The idea of customisable KS is to force ourselves & other players to adapt to situational changes mid-game.

The game would be incredibly boring if all you had to contend with are UAVS, Precision Airstrikes and Attack Helicopters over & over & over & over again. People would get bored with them as their KS as well.

The ability to change them adds a unique & welcomed aspect to the game. You never know what KS set an enemy team is going to be running & so you have to be, and should be, prepared to face every single possibility.

Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close