Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I would like this.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
K Dawg Posted at: 07:29 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857830
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
"As for your "3, 5, 7" KS idea - To that I say rubbish.

The idea of customisable KS is to force ourselves & other players to adapt to situational changes mid-game.

The game would be incredibly boring if all you had to contend with are UAVS, Precision Airstrikes and Attack Helicopters over & over & over & over again. People would get bored with them as their KS as well."

So WaW and Cod4 Failed, I dont think so. Mw2 probably did better on the sales, but The other game metioned previously espically Cod4 goes down in the history book as one of the best game ever created.

« Last edited by K Dawg on Jun 18th 2010 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
K Dawg Posted at: 07:32 Jun18 2010 Post ID: 2857831
K Dawg
+
+
Dr_Logic said:Yeah me and you have the same idea. The only thing I'm seeing that you're not is this, MW2 was meant to be a defensive shooter. It's not suppose to be like MW, so if that's what it's striving to be, then the kill streaks are fine. The game revolves around you getting kill streaks and stopping kill streaks, that's my biggest point. It would be like trying to turn baseball into football, their two completely different things. And while me and you might think football is better, for what baseball is trying to be, it does a really good job. I hope that makes sense, but that's basically what I'm trying to say.

Also, I have no comment on any modes except Team Deathmatch, because all I play is Team Deathmatch. You might be on to something with the other game modes not having kill streaks, however, I can't say because I honestly never play them.

I'm on the same page as you, you make good logical points about the game.

« Last edited by K Dawg on Jun 18th 2010 »

^ Credit goes to ozzo
sphynxx Posted at: 00:07 Jun19 2010 Post ID: 2858057
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
K Dawg said:So WaW and Cod4 Failed, I dont think so. Mw2 probably did better on the sales, but The other game metioned previously espically Cod4 goes down in the history book as one of the best game ever created.

I'd like you to point out when I specificly said W@W and MW failed because of their KS set up.

I had said "People would get bored of them as their KS." Which is a fair assumption to make. Especially coming off the back of a KS set up that lets us have our own personal KS set up. Not some generic set up that every single person playing the game has.

& I want to know where your point of "CoD4 goes down in the history book as one of the best game ever created." actually comes from. Because not once did I argue the opposite.

I quite enjoy the fact that you did not once argue the points I made, but instead put words in my mouth & then argued those instead.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
K Dawg Posted at: 08:20 Jun19 2010 Post ID: 2858103
K Dawg
+
+
sphynxx said:
K Dawg said:So WaW and Cod4 Failed, I dont think so. Mw2 probably did better on the sales, but The other game metioned previously espically Cod4 goes down in the history book as one of the best game ever created.

I'd like you to point out when I specificly said W@W and MW failed because of their KS set up.

I had said "People would get bored of them as their KS." Which is a fair assumption to make. Especially coming off the back of a KS set up that lets us have our own personal KS set up. Not some generic set up that every single person playing the game has.

& I want to know where your point of "CoD4 goes down in the history book as one of the best game ever created." actually comes from. Because not once did I argue the opposite.

I quite enjoy the fact that you did not once argue the points I made, but instead put words in my mouth & then argued those instead.

We all have are own opinions and that's were I'm going to leave it.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
iiRAGEQUiiT Posted at: 10:47 Jun19 2010 Post ID: 2858171
iiRAGEQUiiT
Post Likes: 0
+
+
K Dawg said:It needs to go back to 3-5-7. There was no reason to change it after how successful Cod4 did.

Care Package is also a problem, for 4kills you can get basically any killstreak reward. Whats That? That's also a big problem.

If you have a look at the Percentages of the killstreaks, it isn't too likely to get anything powerful, and with the times that it is, you are still posing the risk that someone else will steal it, or it will fall out of reach.

Also the fact it can't help you get a higher killstreak, AND Takes up a slot where someone could have a 100 chance at a decent killstreak, I think it's a pretty decent trade-off.

« Last edited by iiRAGEQUiiT on Jun 19th 2010 »

Let go, and then I, Lose control,
And I'm falling faster than I'd really like,
Down I go, further, Out of control,
But it makes no sense to give up at this height,
I just need a sign to tell me I'm alright...
sphynxx Posted at: 01:02 Jun20 2010 Post ID: 2858617
sphynxx
+
+
K Dawg said:
sphynxx said:

Sure, opinions are great.

You still haven't answered any of my questions though.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

K Dawg Posted at: 06:35 Jun20 2010 Post ID: 2858647
K Dawg
+
+
sphynxx said:
K Dawg said:
sphynxx said:

The only thing you argued is that 3-5-7Kill Streak are boring and failed. Which I said I dont see how because Cod 4 AnD WaW were great games.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
Jirachi X Posted at: 06:42 Jun20 2010 Post ID: 2858649
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I like the killstreaks but Perks can get annoying aat times. Especially god damn commando.

Although Stopping Power is practically needed to get the 1 kills on snipers and shotguns.
I'm gone - bye
stormform Posted at: 12:47 Jun20 2010 Post ID: 2858717
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
[strike][/strike] Stopping power ain't half bad compared to commando.

As for killstreaks They are fine except the overpowering ones ( ac-130 and CG) and the nuke.

« Last edited by stormform on Jun 20th 2010 »

sphynxx Posted at: 22:58 Jun20 2010 Post ID: 2858946
sphynxx
+
+
K Dawg said:
sphynxx said:
K Dawg said:
sphynxx said:

The only thing you argued is that 3-5-7Kill Streak are boring and failed. Which I said I dont see how because Cod 4 AnD WaW were great games.

Again, putting words in my mouth. Are you incapable of reading what someone types & then responding to that without adding in what you believe they said?

I never once said the 3, 5, 7 KS failed.

I had said that going from the predictiable and everpresent 3, 5, 7 KS set up in W@W and MW to the customisable KS package in MW2 then back again would presumably be boring to everyone that played it.

Not once did I say W@W and MW failed, as you've put it, because of their KS set up.

Going from being up against opponents with unpredictible KS set ups to a standard, generic 3, 5, 7 KS set up would make the next game fail. There's less scope for personalisation & to play to a strategy that is entirely our own. Gone will be the days of a team having a range of KS to best put the other team under pressure. Sure, they worked great in previous games, but they were also incredibly boring and didn't really give us much to aim for.

K Dawg Posted at: 11:54 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859624
K Dawg
+
+
"Going from being up against opponents with unpredictible KS set ups to a standard, generic 3, 5, 7 KS set up would make the next game fail. There's less scope for personalisation & to play to a strategy that is entirely our own. Gone will be the days of a team having a range of KS to best put the other team under pressure. Sure, they worked great in previous games, but they were also incredibly boring and didn't really give us much to aim for. "

I dont understand why it would fail in the next game. Theres nothing wrong with customization, but killstreak such as Ac-130 Nuke Pave etc... come on, those are way over powered and the make the game unfun in my opinion.

Oh and by the way to anyone who cares no Killstreaks has been added to playlist on Xbox 360 and will be added on Ps3 during the Map pack release.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
stormform Posted at: 15:34 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859692
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
(not much of debater but here goes nothing)

They already put the ability to customize killstreak reward so why take it out?
Yeah the overpowering ones have to go. Either that or make a totally different killstreak reward system.

K Dawg Posted at: 18:22 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859749
K Dawg
+
+
"Either that or make a totally different killstreak reward system."

I agree with this statement.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
sphynxx Posted at: 21:48 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859794
sphynxx
+
+
K Dawg said:killstreak such as Ac-130 Nuke Pave etc... come on, those are way over powered and the make the game unfun in my opinion.

What do you expect from a first time effort at programming & coding in the KS? They've worked to address these issues already, weaking both the power of the CG and AC130.

Simple solution really if you don't like being killed by Airsupport; Coldblooded pro & avoid open areas. Pretty simple I'd think.

As for Nukes, well yeah, there's a reason they're so powerful.

Perhaps changing their availability to only certain game modes, and have a 35-40 KS, THEN have to do something else to set it off. That is in my mind the only way a Tac Nuke should be earned. It would eliminate boosters at least & stop people from hardout camping. Or at least it would go a ways to lessen KS camping.

Jirachi X Posted at: 22:22 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859805
Jirachi X
+
+
Heres something for the Nuke; kill everybody on the opposition atleast once with the 25.
I'm gone - bye
sphynxx Posted at: 23:04 Jun22 2010 Post ID: 2859814
sphynxx
+
+
Well that is almost a given, seeing as it would be a 25 killstreak & there's only 4-9 opposition players lol

I think for a Tac Nuke, a 30 KS, without any other KS, and have to place a becon/transmitter at a specific point (varies with each game so there's no continual beacon placement on each map) then the Nuke comes in. Screw this "push a lil C4 detonater thingy" to call in a Tac Nuke.

Oh, and change Search & Destroy.

Have it actually be SEARCH and Destroy.

Not "Go To One of Two Set Locations and Destroy."

Have randomised targets, not shown on any map, not even on Core matches, and only visible when near the targets when attacking.

When defending, have a general area show up on the map then have to search out your defence target or something.

Jirachi X Posted at: 01:55 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859842
Jirachi X
+
+
It was more of the fact to stop the twats boosting, because I have to admit, its impossible enough to get Nukes without any more things getting in the way.

Maybe Akimbo Primary Weapons? Too overpowered?
I'm gone - bye
sphynxx Posted at: 04:18 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859871
sphynxx
+
+
Far too overpowered.

I mean, Akimbo P90s with Stopping Power and Steady Aim is just nuts.

Favela - My mate on his LIVE account started out at the spawn point at the bottom of the hill road, near the two story 'Barbers' shops (the one with the couch near the stairs) using his H-Bar class (H-Bar w/grip; SoH, SP, SA) and he runs right, across the front of the barbers place, then left up the first alley, into the first building you can get to, up the stairs & into the window to catch people running through, as its a high traffic area.

He gets tot he window, just aims down his sits to see a guy using;

Akimbo P90s
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Steady Aim Pro.

Apparently, from the furthers point away you can possibly be (back right up against the building at the end of the alley way) Akimbo P90s are accurate enough to kill a person you can barely see in a window with 3 bullets. The guy didn't spary & pray, he fired off 3 bullets, 1 from the left, 1 from the right, 1 from the left, and bam. James is dead.

Never mind the fact that James had seen the guy enter the alley way first & had fired off 2 bullets into the guy already Eh

I say;

Get rid of the akimbo feature altogether. Although I love G18s akimbo, they're just far too overpowered. Every single Akimbod weapon needs to go. Especially the shotguns.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 04:28 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859879
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
Post Likes: 0
+
+
You haven't seen me with Akimbo MP5k's, sphynxx, I rip things up, I went 104-17 on Sub Base Demolition with mainly Akimbo MP5k's, I got like 1 or 2 kills with my secondary (Akimbo PP2000's).

^That is my proof that Akimbo is overpowered, cause I suck! :p

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
stormform Posted at: 06:24 Jun23 2010 Post ID: 2859888
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
Akimbo pistols are probably the only ones that can stay if you ask me

Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close