Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Quick Scopes: Class and Why You SHOULDN'T use FMJ

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
3versykez Posted at: 01:22 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860386
3versykez
Post Likes: 0
+
+
1122andyozz33 said:Class:
Intervention-No attachment/Extended Mags
Any secondry

you SHOULDN'T use FMJ

Can't get Extended Mags if you don't use FMJ and if you are quickscoping with the Intervention, your secondary should be a handgun or raffica for quicker switching and able to double tap.

I find Extended Mags to be a pain. Mostly since there is more ammo before reloading, people tend to spray more often with it attached.
[center][size=8]|[color=silver]Sig by Craizen|Avy by PBO|[/size][/center]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted at: 02:40 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860390
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
kez said:people tend to spray more often with it attached.

Lol, spray with the Intervention, good one! Evil

But I know what you mean - RPD w/Extended Mags + Scavenger haha.

Spray & pray class if I've ever seen one.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
zeldafan11 Posted at: 04:28 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860402
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
|549|

Anyway, I usually use FMJ in Hardcore with Bling (Silencer BTW), I don't snipe in Core. :p

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
3versykez Posted at: 18:45 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860557
3versykez
+
+
sphynxx said:
kez said:people tend to spray more often with it attached.

Lol, spray with the Intervention, good one! Evil

But I know what you mean - RPD w/Extended Mags + Scavenger haha.

Spray & pray class if I've ever seen one.

Who is Kez? :P

And probably not with the Inteventin but with the 50 Cal, my god.
[center][size=8]|[color=silver]Sig by Craizen|Avy by PBO|[/size][/center]
1122andyozz33 Posted at: 19:29 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860562
1122andyozz33
+
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:Well, if they have no disadvantages, then why not just slap it on instead of having nothing on?

CRAZY CHEATS, the FMJ only makes disadvantages while QuickScoping...That's what this topic is about. Other than that, FMJ is great:D
1122andYOZZ33

Gamertag: i2BaD McMiTcH

PSN:yozz33

Join My Cod Team Today!
1122andyozz33 Posted at: 19:31 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860565
1122andyozz33
+
+
3versykez said:
1122andyozz33 said:Class:
Intervention-No attachment/Extended Mags
Any secondry

you SHOULDN'T use FMJ

Can't get Extended Mags if you don't use FMJ and if you are quickscoping with the Intervention, your secondary should be a handgun or raffica for quicker switching and able to double tap.

I find Extended Mags to be a pain. Mostly since there is more ammo before reloading, people tend to spray more often with it attached.

Like I said, the class that I listed was for QUICKSCOPES only! Meaning, you may use FMJ to get the Extended Mags and for Bullet Penetration.
1122andYOZZ33

Join My Cod Team Today!
zeldafan11 Posted at: 22:17 Jun25 2010 Post ID: 2860613
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
+
+
1122andyozz33 said:
superbird5005 said:Actually, if you look, FMJ does add extra damage to your weapon, it's only a little, but it's something, and that something could just be enough to be everything.

Eh, I still hate quick-scoping, but since I've gotten so bored of CoD lately, I've been doing that a lot lately and basically just trying to have fun now.

FMJ only adds damage when shooting through surfaces.

Sorry, but we do have a new quote system for a reason, double is fine considering most don't know, but no triple posts, just add a quote to the previous post.

~Deleted~

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 05:35 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860656
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
1122andyozz33 said:
CRAZY CHEATS said:Well, if they have no disadvantages, then why not just slap it on instead of having nothing on?

CRAZY CHEATS, the FMJ only makes disadvantages while QuickScoping...That's what this topic is about. Other than that, FMJ is great:D

Yes, well what are these disadvantages you speak of?
Now known as
MrShinydeoxys Posted at: 18:45 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860796
MrShinydeoxys
+
+
heres my side silencers affect the range because the farther your bullet the less damage is to be done. which silencers degrade the range which degrades damage even more when shot at long distances. and the M16A4 being slightly less power than the barrett/intervention is only because its a 3 round burst if all 3 shots hit then the victim is killed no matter what. as for FMJ the stats say the damage increases. but it doesn't. well it is false like everyone is saying but less damage is lost when firing through walls. and most people find it hard to quickscope through walls. which is why this thread tells you to take it off. when hardscoping, it can be very useful. especially since you can see enemy locations closer and try and take a penatration shot. but in all means of quickscoping i agree with this thread. take off FMJ when quickscoping and put on some other attachment.

« Last edited by MrShinydeoxys on Jun 26th 2010 »
I did not tell half of what I saw for I knew I would not be beleived - Marco Polo
sphynxx Posted at: 22:20 Jun26 2010 Post ID: 2860871
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
MrShinydeoxys said:heres my side silencers affect the range because the farther your bullet the less damage is to be done. which silencers degrade the range which degrades damage even more when shot at long distances.

In theory; correct.

In practice; incorrect.

Case in point; I get killed by a couple of bullets from the FN2000 with a silencer, without stopping power, from across the map on Wasteland. Yet I shot with a naked Barrett, using stopping power, hit the guy dead centre of his chest, and get a hitmarker. The game is terribly inconsistent in this respect.

MrShinydeoxys said:and the M16A4 being slightly less power than the barrett/intervention is only because its a 3 round burst if all 3 shots hit then the victim is killed no matter what.

Well then by your reckoning the Barret and Intervention, which are significantly higher calibre bullets, which pack a significantly higher punch should be a OHK no matter, silencer or not. There is no map in the MW2 playlist, that has the distances required to lessen the impact of a bullet fired from a silenced Barrett or Intervention. The distances are meagre at best. If we were firing over a distance of 1.5Km and over, then I would possibly expect it to not be a OHK, but still do significant damage.

Sadly, they are not guaranteed OHK & it is very much down to luck whether or not you'll get a OHK, and possibly down to connection to the host of the lobby. I've gone several games in a row where I get nothing but hitmarkers, no matter where I hit my targets. Then I have one or two games with nothing but OHKs, even when hitting a leg or elbow.

MrShinydeoxys said:as for FMJ the stats say the damage increases. but it doesn't. well it is false like everyone is saying but less damage is lost when firing through walls. and most people find it hard to quickscope through walls. which is why this thread tells you to take it off.

Agreed on your point of FMJ not giving added damage. But people don't quick scope through walls. Unless a person is using an aimbot, then there is a monumentally high chance of missing. Quickscopers generally stick to paths where there are less obstacles in which their targets can use as cover.

MrShinydeoxys said:when hardscoping, it can be very useful. especially since you can see enemy locations closer and try and take a penatration shot. but in all means of quickscoping i agree with this thread. take off FMJ when quickscoping and put on some other attachment.

Again, agreed, although not with taking FMJ off if your quickscoping.

FMJ doesn't give any negative effects when quickscoping, so there is absolutely no reason to take it off. Especially as people may prefer to have the option of penetration kills whilst quickscoping, if they choose to hardscope, or use drag shots in conjunction with quickscoping on maps. Just because FMJ may seem pointless in quickscoping classes, it really isn't, especially if a player changes their style & incorperates differnt tactics, and different shot styles in their games.

3versykez said:The Barrett, my god.

Paraphrasing, but that was the essence of the quote lol.

I agree. The Barrett does have that negative side to it. Especially to people who are fairly accomplished at quick scoping, drag shots, and generally utilising their magazines wisely, and make each shot count.

Several times I've been killed by someone spamming the Barrett trying to 'no scope' a target, and they inadvertently kill me, and not their intended target.

It almost always happens on wasteland, through the hedges, if I'm running on one side of the hedge, heading around the side to try & find the other team, and some guy spams the Barrett trying to get my team mate, and I get killed through the hedge by a stray bullet Brick Wall

« Last edited by sphynxx on Jun 26th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
1122andyozz33 Posted at: 07:15 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2860950
1122andyozz33
+
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:
1122andyozz33 said:

Yes, well what are these disadvantages you speak of?

The disadvantages are that you get more hit markers and less kills while Quickscoping if you use FMJ. That's why I said your better off w/out an attatchment or just Extended Mags.
1122andYOZZ33

Join My Cod Team Today!
stormform Posted at: 13:31 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861044
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
EhHow exactly does it make you get more hit markers?

1122andyozz33 Posted at: 13:35 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861045
1122andyozz33
+
+
stormform said:
And for those of you who still think FMJ adds damage/power readthis

Thank you for proving my point StormForm...I love you,heeheeheeSmile

« Last edited by 1122andyozz33 on Jun 27th 2010 »
1122andYOZZ33

Join My Cod Team Today!
1122andyozz33 Posted at: 13:37 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861047
1122andyozz33
+
+
stormform said:EhHow exactly does it make you get more hit markers?

stormform said:

Like the link said, "it does not increase damage against exposed targets", therefore, you have a less chance of getting a One Hit Kill which then leadsto more Hit Markers.

« Last edited by 1122andyozz33 on Jun 27th 2010 »
1122andYOZZ33

Join My Cod Team Today!
MrShinydeoxys Posted at: 13:46 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861050
MrShinydeoxys
+
+
"Well then by your reckoning the Barret and Intervention, which are significantly higher calibre bullets, which pack a significantly higher punch should be a OHK no matter, silencer or not. There is no map in the MW2 playlist, that has the distances required to lessen the impact of a bullet fired from a silenced Barrett or Intervention. The distances are meagre at best. If we were firing over a distance of 1.5Km and over, then I would possibly expect it to not be a OHK, but still do significant damage."

Heres my reply. i have read an article about all of these things which seem to make my posts sound smart. And strangly all of the statements are correct. now about the topic the silencer of my theory is still correct because without stopping power the barrett or ANY sniper rifle will take 2 shots at a distance. heres the proof,Barrett .50 cal: Damage=70(no slilencer) , Damage=50 (silenced)and we all know this is without stopping power. The Barrett is a relatively good candidate to use with a Silencer and Stopping Power, as the player can kill a target with a single shot to the chest, neck, or head. However, the Barrett's high recoil can make it difficult for the shooter to land a second shot if the first shot does not kill. Without Stopping Power, the Barrett is a bad candidate for a silencer because all snipers require two shots to kill when using a silencer without Stopping Power unless on Hardcore. "Damage Multipliers, Head: 1.5, Neck: 1.5, Chest: 1.5, Stomach: 1.1, Limbs: 1"

« Last edited by MrShinydeoxys on Jun 27th 2010 »
I did not tell half of what I saw for I knew I would not be beleived - Marco Polo
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 13:48 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861051
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
1122andyozz33 said:
stormform said:EhHow exactly does it make you get more hit markers?

stormform said:

Like the link said, "it does not increase damage against exposed targets", therefore, you have a less chance of getting a One Hit Kill which then leadsto more Hit Markers.

That logic is incredibly flawed.
It says that it doesn't increase damage, but it says nothing about decreasing damage, so it'd be the same as having nothing on, except it'd be better to have FMJ in case you do get a penetration.
Now known as
1122andyozz33 Posted at: 13:51 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861052
1122andyozz33
+
+
MrShinydeoxys said:
"Well then by your reckoning the Barret and Intervention, which are significantly higher calibre bullets, which pack a significantly higher punch should be a OHK no matter, silencer or not. There is no map in the MW2 playlist, that has the distances required to lessen the impact of a bullet fired from a silenced Barrett or Intervention. The distances are meagre at best. If we were firing over a distance of 1.5Km and over, then I would possibly expect it to not be a OHK, but still do significant damage."

If the maps are less than 1.5K, then how come I still have to shoot people 3 times in the freakin' head before I kill them with my silenced Intervention?
1122andYOZZ33

Join My Cod Team Today!
MrShinydeoxys Posted at: 13:56 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861054
MrShinydeoxys
+
+
This was another persons post, i was replying and using it as a quote, please read under that to read what i say.
stormform Posted at: 13:57 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861055
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
1122andyozz33 said:
MrShinydeoxys said:

If the maps are less than 1.5K, then how come I still have to shoot people 3 times in the freakin' head before I kill them with my silenced Intervention?
Because the game is unrealistic

1122andyozz33 Posted at: 14:02 Jun27 2010 Post ID: 2861058
1122andyozz33
+
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:
It says that it doesn't increase damage, but it says nothing about decreasing damage, so it'd be the same as having nothing on, except it'd be better to have FMJ in case you do get a penetration.

You do have a point there, CC. But try an experiment: Next time you play MW2, play a match with an intervention with no attachment/Extended Mags while Quickscoping then play another match with FMJ while Quickscoping...then post your results afterwards.
1122andYOZZ33

Join My Cod Team Today!
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close