Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Riot Shielding yo!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
sphynxx Posted at: 09:17 Sep13 2010 Post ID: 2901048
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
So has anyone here every gone a few full games using nothing but the Riot Shield & gone positive?

Post up some of your games/greatest RShielding moments.

Mine would be when I was playing with my friend Paul this evening. We decided to use nothing but the following class;

RShield;
AA12 w/grip (paul) / extended mags (me)
Equipt; TK
Spec. Grens; Stuns.
P1; Scav Pro
P2; Hardline Pro
P3; Commando Pro
Deathstreak; Matyrdom for the lulz

First game we played on Trailer Park; I went 3 & 4, Paul 2 & 6.

Paul was being a bit more impatient & aggressive, where as I was doing a bit more camping/being stealthy/trying not to die with 1 red bar of connection.

Next game on Invasion.

Paul; 7 & 5. Me; 33 & 9.

Basically went to the building to the left of the B Flag in Domination (starting near the gas station) and sprayed 3 guys with the AA12. UAV, notice 2 guys outside, Rushed outside, took down both. Called in a Pred. Got a multi. Called in Harriers. They got me a few. I died a couple of times after that.

Then I decided to be patient, versus the rushing I was doing previously. I was sitting about 17 & 6 I think when I decided to chance my tactics. Started out gunning down 4 from behind with the AA12 & TK'd another, called in the Pred, double kill.Harriers took down a few more & used the UAV.

After that I died 3 more times & my score was 29 & 9, then I randomly threw the TK down the long road on one of the side maps & got a kill (guy called me a hacker too lol) & ran inside, scav packed, another TK kill, scav packed & saw the score was 7300 vs 5300 so I started spinning in circles in the middle of the map near B-flag & randomly threw the TK to get a kill. Game winning killcam too Evil

We were never intending to be serious at all with the classes, but after the second game, we took it more seriously & both ended up finishing the next 5 games with K/Ds of 1.5 or better.

Which for paul is saying something as he's lousy at the game xD

« Last edited by sphynxx on Sep 13th 2010 »

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Jirachi X Posted at: 10:50 Sep13 2010 Post ID: 2901071
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I love using it on Search.

Just set up camp near the most common Bomb site and when they come around the corner, blow up C4 :3
I'm gone - bye
stormform Posted at: 10:55 Sep13 2010 Post ID: 2901072
stormform
Eternal Lurker
Post Likes: 43
+
+
answer to the question: No.
I never use riot shield in any way.
Just don't like it.

zeldafan11 Posted at: 22:15 Sep14 2010 Post ID: 2902271
zeldafan11
Sanity: false
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Yes, I'm actually quite good with the Riot Shield and would use it much more if it weren't so slow...

Sir Alex, the Ruby Knight of Everlasting Life
sphynxx Posted at: 23:19 Sep14 2010 Post ID: 2902279
sphynxx
+
+
zeldafan11 said:Yes, I'm actually quite good with the Riot Shield and would use it much more if it weren't so slow...

I'd be pleased if the Shield was a OHK, I mean seriously; a knife kills in one. But the Shield doesn't. Given the fact that its not very mobile, it takes ages to switch between the shield & any equipt/secondary as well as giving a monsterously huge advantage to the users NOT using the Shield. A OHK melee would've made more sense -,- Especially seeing as people can seemingly shoot me through the riot shield with a bloody SPAS-12.

I'm only using the shield so much to get the Emblem for absorbing 50,000 damage. Harriers & Sentry guns make it soo easy haha

« Last edited by sphynxx on Sep 14th 2010 »

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

zeldafan11 Posted at: 23:51 Sep14 2010 Post ID: 2902285
zeldafan11
+
+
sphynxx said:
zeldafan11 said:Yes, I'm actually quite good with the Riot Shield and would use it much more if it weren't so slow...

Especially seeing as people can seemingly shoot me through the riot shield with a bloody SPAS-12.

Otherwise known as lag...

Spas-12 W/Grip + SP + Steady Aim = Unstoppable...

sphynxx Posted at: 02:44 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902311
sphynxx
+
+
zeldafan11 said:
sphynxx said:

Especially seeing as people can seemingly shoot me through the riot shield with a bloody SPAS-12.

Otherwise known as lag...

Spas-12 W/Grip + SP + Steady Aim = Unstoppable...

Well we had the same connections. Killcams generally reveal any differences caused by lag. I was in a lower geographical position on the map. I was protected from both sides with no visible body showing. He aimed dead centre of my Shield, shot & killed me. Figure that one out lol

zeldafan11 Posted at: 10:52 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902449
zeldafan11
+
+
IW sucks is the problem. :D

No seriously, that would be bad hit detection...

stormform Posted at: 10:58 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902450
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
zeldafan11 said:IW sucks is the problem. :D

I disagree. Speak to the hand
without IW there would not be a CoD series. ;P

zeldafan11 Posted at: 12:19 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902466
zeldafan11
+
+
Actually there would be...IW is not that important to the series, IW is only a dev, Activision is the publisher and they have plenty of better devs than IW.

stormform Posted at: 12:42 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902474
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
True... But CoD series would not be the way it is now.

hatershateme Posted at: 13:59 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902519
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
+
I hate Riot Shielding

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

zeldafan11 Posted at: 14:56 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902545
zeldafan11
+
+
It wouldn't be the way it is now with overpowered noob tubes, Commando, and other BS? What's wrong with that?

stormform Posted at: 15:00 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902551
stormform
Eternal Lurker
+
+
You sure they wouldn't be in anyway?

zeldafan11 Posted at: 18:02 Sep15 2010 Post ID: 2902609
zeldafan11
+
+
Considering IW gave us all that? Actually yes Treyarch has been good about balance up until the MP-40...All the maps were balanced in W@W, unlike CoD4 or MW2...As well as most of the guns.

sphynxx Posted at: 19:28 Sep16 2010 Post ID: 2903214
sphynxx
+
+
No dev will ever get the balance of a game perfect.

I've had a huge argument on youtube with some guy trying to tell me that Treyarch ruined Black Ops by not including Stopping Power & that Stopping power is needed - because most of the guns he used were underpowered with out it.

But as long as the guns each have different characteristics, and Treyarch keep the insanely accurate/stupidly high powered guns to a minimum then everything should be good. Or at least give us a way to counter them properly.

K Dawg Posted at: 06:18 Sep18 2010 Post ID: 2903906
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
sphynxx said:So has anyone here every gone a few full games using nothing but the Riot Shield & gone positive?

Post up some of your games/greatest RShielding moments.

Mine would be when I was playing with my friend Paul this evening. We decided to use nothing but the following class;

RShield;
AA12 w/grip (paul) / extended mags (me)
Equipt; TK
Spec. Grens; Stuns.
P1; Scav Pro
P2; Hardline Pro
P3; Commando Pro
Deathstreak; Matyrdom for the lulz

First game we played on Trailer Park; I went 3 & 4, Paul 2 & 6.

Paul was being a bit more impatient & aggressive, where as I was doing a bit more camping/being stealthy/trying not to die with 1 red bar of connection.

Next game on Invasion.

Paul; 7 & 5. Me; 33 & 9.

Basically went to the building to the left of the B Flag in Domination (starting near the gas station) and sprayed 3 guys with the AA12. UAV, notice 2 guys outside, Rushed outside, took down both. Called in a Pred. Got a multi. Called in Harriers. They got me a few. I died a couple of times after that.

Then I decided to be patient, versus the rushing I was doing previously. I was sitting about 17 & 6 I think when I decided to chance my tactics. Started out gunning down 4 from behind with the AA12 & TK'd another, called in the Pred, double kill.Harriers took down a few more & used the UAV.

After that I died 3 more times & my score was 29 & 9, then I randomly threw the TK down the long road on one of the side maps & got a kill (guy called me a hacker too lol) & ran inside, scav packed, another TK kill, scav packed & saw the score was 7300 vs 5300 so I started spinning in circles in the middle of the map near B-flag & randomly threw the TK to get a kill. Game winning killcam too Evil

We were never intending to be serious at all with the classes, but after the second game, we took it more seriously & both ended up finishing the next 5 games with K/Ds of 1.5 or better.

Which for paul is saying something as he's lousy at the game xD

You should equip C4s, makes it more fun. Since u can double tap Square (ps3) and the c4 will blow without even taking your shield off.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
sphynxx Posted at: 08:31 Sep18 2010 Post ID: 2903914
sphynxx
+
+
I do use C4 sometimes. It depends on the map - more CQB style maps I use C4 - more open maps I use TK for longer range kills.

but my square button's screwed up because sometimes double tapping doesn't work -,-

K Dawg Posted at: 16:16 Sep19 2010 Post ID: 2904796
K Dawg
Post Likes: 13
+
+
My buds square button is just like that lol. Anyways true, on the more spread out maps C4s are pretty pointless.

^ Credit goes to ozzo
sphynxx Posted at: 22:06 Sep19 2010 Post ID: 2905136
sphynxx
+
+
Unless your a camping knob-head that sits in corners with C4 laying in the middle of a hallway waiting for people to come past.

Which I've seen a lot of people doing with Danger Close Pro -,- Annoys the hell out of me.

Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close