Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi

Good, but not ultimate

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Hyperwire_2.0 Posted at: 20:01 Nov10 2005 Post ID: 512752
Hyperwire_2.0
Post Likes: 0
+
+
This game was said to be the "Ultimate Dragonball Z experience ever" well I disagree! It was more like Budokai 1 and Sagas fused, but with a few twists. For instance, in this one, some Ultimate attacks can be dogged and you won't get even 1 point of damage (Spirit Bomb, Destruco Disk, ect.) Also you play at a transfomed state at all times, which serves only a few purposes: 1. Attacks are different depending on each state. 2. You don't need SS1 to play as SS2. 3. You can't toss in that ounce of power you need in a tough fight. I was a bit disapointed, but I did like how they got the transfromation names more accurate, and you could play levels over but as the bad guys. Other than that I was disapointed. Sorry Atari, but that's 2 strikes, one more and you out.
Offically obsessed with Sum 41's new song Underclass Hero
click if you dare!

myspace.com/hyperwire
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Apphonx Posted at: 12:05 Nov11 2005 Post ID: 513484
Apphonx
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
I think its better than Budokai 3.
Hyperwire_2.0 Posted at: 14:03 Nov11 2005 Post ID: 513624
Hyperwire_2.0
+
+
B3 was a bit better, it was more interactive really. Atari has almost struck out, with Saga's and now this, I believe we sould talk to someone about this.
Offically obsessed with Sum 41's new song Underclass Hero
click if you dare!

myspace.com/hyperwire
Apphonx Posted at: 18:14 Nov11 2005 Post ID: 514003
Apphonx
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Budokai 3 had hardly any characters compared to Tenkiachi.
smoke_is_dead Posted at: 12:02 Nov12 2005 Post ID: 515337
smoke_is_dead
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah. I wans't at all disappointed with this game whatsoever. It had some characters I didn't like though, but I still love the game.
Don't make me go all matrix style on you, cause if I have to I will!
Apphonx Posted at: 12:16 Nov12 2005 Post ID: 515364
Apphonx
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
The more I play tenkaichi the more I like it the best.
Asakura Hao Posted at: 12:17 Nov12 2005 Post ID: 515368
Asakura Hao
+
+
Same as TGO(apphonx).
smoke_is_dead Posted at: 18:14 Nov12 2005 Post ID: 516273
smoke_is_dead
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It is fun. Especially dueling, when you choose a random character, a random opponent, and a random environment.
Don't make me go all matrix style on you, cause if I have to I will!
SS5 vageto Posted at: 10:41 Nov13 2005 Post ID: 517390
SS5 vageto
Forum GuestMember
+
+
No, they had the game right, but taking out the skill shop system was there fetal mistake, that is what keep the game going, because once you finish story mode then you have nothing else important to do in the game. What I am getting at here is Budokai 3 had more obsticles then Tenkaichi did. Also the mention the fact that people really liked the Skill Shop System, and Customizing your character was too easy and the choices you had for doing so were limited. They need to bring back the ingame transformations, but make fusion time last longer. It's not fun if you don't have to work a little bit for it. Also more choices in attacks like with the Favorite Technques, and Finishing Moves and such. Maybe 10 or 8 slots instead of 7. More work could have been put into this game to make it more interesting.
Yawn - what is there to say?
Apphonx Posted at: 11:36 Nov13 2005 Post ID: 517455
Apphonx
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Thats right SS5 V not putting in the skill shop was a mistake.
superman4u Posted at: 13:04 Nov13 2005 Post ID: 517542
superman4u
Post Likes: 2
+
+
On 10-Nov-2005 Hyperwire_2.0 said:This game was said to be the "Ultimate Dragonball Z experience ever" well I disagree! It was more like Budokai 1 and Sagas fused, but with a few twists. For instance, in this one, some Ultimate attacks can be dogged and you won't get even 1 point of damage (Spirit Bomb, Destruco Disk, ect.) Also you play at a transfomed state at all times, which serves only a few purposes: 1. Attacks are different depending on each state. 2. You don't need SS1 to play as SS2. 3. You can't toss in that ounce of power you need in a tough fight. I was a bit disapointed, but I did like how they got the transfromation names more accurate, and you could play levels over but as the bad guys. Other than that I was disapointed. Sorry Atari, but that's 2 strikes, one more and you out.
Well, that's how it is in the show, so live with it. It is the Ultimate Dragonball z experience EVER. It was better than all three combined. The only improvement they could have made is make it longer. Other than that a solid 9/10 from me. It isn't two strikes. Stop hating hyper. It is a good game. The best I have ever played. Oh yeah, if they added more attacks, then it would be golden. I don't know what you are talking about.

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
superman4u Posted at: 13:07 Nov13 2005 Post ID: 517545
superman4u
Post Likes: 2
+
+
On 13-Nov-2005 SS5 vageto said:No, they had the game right, but taking out the skill shop system was there fetal mistake, that is what keep the game going, because once you finish story mode then you have nothing else important to do in the game. What I am getting at here is Budokai 3 had more obsticles then Tenkaichi did. Also the mention the fact that people really liked the Skill Shop System, and Customizing your character was too easy and the choices you had for doing so were limited. They need to bring back the ingame transformations, but make fusion time last longer. It's not fun if you don't have to work a little bit for it. Also more choices in attacks like with the Favorite Technques, and Finishing Moves and such. Maybe 10 or 8 slots instead of 7. More work could have been put into this game to make it more interesting.
Well, for the IGTs you get knocked down every second almost, and your ki will be low. So once you get transformed, and go to fight, you are knocked down, and are back in base mode. I think you should have the options of IGTs or no IGTs. That is my opinion (it is possible. Remember it is going to be on the PS3, if they make it.)

PS Gamers Network - My new website, please contribute. Includes Wii and 360 Forums as well. http://z15.invisionfree.com/PS_Gamers_Network
super craig Posted at: 15:37 Nov13 2005 Post ID: 517639
super craig
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Having an option to turn on or off IGT's would be a good idea
Let me be the first to congratulate you on witnessing pure perfection!

Apphonx Posted at: 17:31 Nov13 2005 Post ID: 517747
Apphonx
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Still this is the best budokai game yet.
SS5 vageto Posted at: 06:12 Nov14 2005 Post ID: 518399
SS5 vageto
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I don't even know how to play Budokai 3, I keep blocking with the O button when I shouldn't, and I can't get used to the Tekken style fighting, I am hoocked on the free space movement. So adjusting to the B1,2, and 3 games is not that easy and will require practice for me lol.
Yawn - what is there to say?
Apphonx Posted at: 19:45 Nov14 2005 Post ID: 519103
Apphonx
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Me too the other day I tried playing B3 and I completly forgot the moves.
the saiyan kid Posted at: 21:31 Nov18 2005 Post ID: 524135
the saiyan kid
+
+
also when they talk in the game the mouth moves when it shouldn't move,they made wierd cutscenes.
sup.my myspace profile.

http://www.myspace.com/jose...ngartist
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close