Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Dynasty Warriors 5

Character discussion thread

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
da_mikester Posted at: 10:54 Jun11 2007 Post ID: 1650911
da_mikester
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I'm not saying this because I like shu better but i would actually think Shu would have won,Since Shu is more balanced,If you look at Wu they sorta' concentrate on Stradegy mmore Though they had a few strong Generals.But overall i think that Wu should've gone first,Since They suffered the same fate a shu.Just a bit later...

Sig thanks to Master of lite for a decent sig!great job SmileSmile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Shadow_Lord Posted at: 11:05 Jun11 2007 Post ID: 1650936
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Shu went first because the latter half of the Three Kingdoms period was really between Shu and Wei - or, to put it another way, Zhuge Liang and Sima Yi. Even when Zhuge Liang died, I guess Wei just figured they might as well finish Shu before tackling Wu. Really, Wu never featured much in the course of events after the Battle of Yi Ling, even though they survived the longest.

Anyway, back to our hypothetical debate... I see your reasoning, but remember in real life the proficiency of a general at fighting wouldn't have had nearly as much bearing on a war as DW portrays it. In reality, most of the generals you see in the game were actually pretty good tacticians and/or strategists as well as good warriors, even the ones who the game's dumbed down, like Zhang Fei.

Still, as for who I think would've won... it probably would've actually been Shu, come to think of it, since they most likely would've gotten most of Wei's lands. But then, the only way to really have prevented the Battle of Fancheng was for Guan Yu to have handed over Jingzhou to Wu when they'd asked him to, so that might've had a bearing as well. In short, I don't really know - I don't know enough about how wars worked at that time, which areas were strategically important etc.. Maybe I need to play Romance of the Three Kingdoms. xD
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
da_mikester Posted at: 17:40 Jun11 2007 Post ID: 1651944
da_mikester
+
+
Yeah that's actually true,Shu And wei was like dog and caat,And wu was like the Fish unable to do anything and is just the background.Im not sure about the battle of Yi ling because It was Lu xun Who actually started the fire in Shu's camp (historically happened) Though.I can't remember if this was the last battle Liu bei took part in,As this is what im refering too

Yeah,It's A proven fact that they played the Japenese game "Go" near enough everyday(If their free) Dynasty warriors Portrays them as a Generals who do anything they want and do as they plead,Though some of their Personality's are Quite accurate(Not all)
Zhang Fei Wasn't the drunkard that they described him,He was short tempered i'll say that now but he wasn't that stoopid and Obeys Mainly Orders from his Brothers.He was strong.However like you said,In DW Guan yu Wasn't seem as that much but he was infact very clever.

The Downfall of shu i'm guessing began from Fancheng,Guan yu died(Though historically he didn't die from the battle of fancheng he died after another battle after he retreated from fancheng i can't remember the name of but it's something like "Ma."Then captured and slain alongside with Guan ping)Zhang Fei was late for the battle,I think and Stopped for a break and slept,However,It was his two allies who killed him and defected to wu but soon tried to come back which was stupid.Though Fancheng never would have been avoided as Jingzhou was in between all 3 kingdoms.I know that Fnacheng started as Shu promised that they'll give back the land but never did,Plus Cao cao Didn't like Guan yu as much any more anywayTo get back at guan yu.And many people im guessing hated him and liked him(Im not sure).

But think about it this way,2 of shu's best generals were assassinated in i think 1 year,Losing Morale.Well i need to go i need to go bed now but i'll finish later

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 02:32 Jun12 2007 Post ID: 1652844
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Yi Ling was the last battle Liu Bei took part in.

Most of what you said's accurate. However, it's untrue that Cao Cao disliked Guan Yu. Indeed, after Guan Yu was executed, Lu Meng tried to send his head to Cao Cao in order to lay the blame on him; however, Cao Cao gave him a hero's funeral. But yeah, you're right, Shu's fortunes really went kinda downhill from Fancheng.
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
da_mikester Posted at: 11:42 Jun12 2007 Post ID: 1653315
da_mikester
+
+
Oh ok thanks,

Well it looked sorta like Cao cao was either on the negative side when he accepted the battle of Fan cheng.I don't get it though beucase Most of Wei was friends with Guan yu,So i don't get why there was Grudge between the two.It wasn't Lu meng Who sent the head as histoprically he rolled on the floor and then dying(not sure of what though)Many believed he was possessed.It was infact Sun quan or lu Xun who sent it.It's true Wu sent the head as they wanted to blame it on Cao Cao.The only reason why there was a funeral for Guan yu Was that appereantly(Spelling) His mouth dropped open.Parts maybe fake(Above) but that's from my knowledge.It's starnge though because 2 main people from Different Kingdoms Died From Strange reason,Partly thr Romance of the 3 kingdoms made it sound that It was all Guan yu's doing.It was also said that the monk back when Guan yu was Defecting back to shu again was the exact same monk as the ghost of guan yu.

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 12:03 Jun12 2007 Post ID: 1653365
Shadow_Lord
+
+
I don't think there was any particular grudge between Guan Yu and Wei. He just attacked Fancheng because it made strategic sense. I wasn't sure if it was Lu Meng, I just knew someone in Wu did it (probably Sun Quan, now I think of it). I don't think the Guan Yu's mouth dropping open was the reason Cao Cao gave him a hero's funeral; I think he just genuinely respected him. Plus he may have known that it would keep Liu Bei's attention focused on Wu and not him. You can say the bit about people dying again, though. First Guan Yu, then Lu Meng, then Cao Cao, then Xiahou Dun, the Zhang Fei... then Liu Bei however many years later it was after Yi Ling. I think Pan Zhang died around a similar time; the legend is that he was startled by the ghost of Guan Yu, then killed by the latter's son.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 15:08 Jun12 2007 Post ID: 1653816
da_mikester
+
+
Meh,Fair enough,But i believe there was strong bonds between the two even making rivalry,Like xaihou dun.It wasn't Lu meng either lu xun or sun quan did.I think that his mouth did drop open,,As there is many thing about Guan yu that was never mentioned about him,Or what he looked like.For instance,Guan Yu had a red face.Also His name was mainly known as either "Guan yi" in those times.He wasn't titled God of War in the 3 Kingdoms Era either,Not until about the Ming or tang dynasty i think.How ever in the game it states that he was a god of war in the times by Lu meng.But It seems like Guan Yu waws either Super Human or very brave.I mean taking a Operation And laughing and drinking wine and also playing go!But that's honestly strange,As You know everyone describes Cao cao as arrogant and evil(And sima Yi but lets not bring him into the picture..yet),He treated Guan Yu better than his own allies.
It seemed like the poeople involved with his killing To me looked like they were cursed and killed.Apart from Xiahou Dun....I think.

P.S. Back to what i was saying about Guan Yu,Historically a speech made by Cao Cao said after the mouth dropped "You are truely a Hero!

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 16:25 Jun12 2007 Post ID: 1654016
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Xiahou Dun had nothing to do with Guan Yu's death. He wasn't historically at the Battle of Fancheng. And besides, he passed away naturally left than a year afterwards, shortly after Cao Cao.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 14:10 Jun14 2007 Post ID: 1658812
da_mikester
+
+
Oh,I aactually learnt something today

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 14:34 Jun14 2007 Post ID: 1658904
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Well that's a first. =P
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 02:08 Jun17 2007 Post ID: 1664916
da_mikester
+
+
Evil lol true...true

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 13:03 Jun18 2007 Post ID: 1668299
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Anyway, back on topic. For a little while... Evil
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 17:43 Jun20 2007 Post ID: 1674779
da_mikester
+
+
Not a little while!

Anywho,Who not by opinion but by fact do you think was the best warrior(If that makes sence)

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 18:00 Jun21 2007 Post ID: 1677643
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Either Lu Bu or Guan Yu, I think.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 17:20 Jun22 2007 Post ID: 1680137
da_mikester
+
+
Yeah,I agree.Two strong people,However one of them was stronger.

But keep this in mind that Lu bu had much more experience then,I think Guan yu was still a teen when they thought,Or in his twenties.

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 10:40 Jun23 2007 Post ID: 1681493
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Actually, Guan Yu was about 40 when they fought. I'm not sure how old Lu Bu was, but I imagine he can't have been much older. Heck, he may have even been younger.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 10:02 Jun27 2007 Post ID: 1693051
da_mikester
+
+
So your telling me that guan yu died at like 70 odd years old?Even during war?
Mate to be honest,He died at the age of 57,He was born on the year 162 and thought lu bu 190.Guan yu was 29 when they battled.Lu bu was 34.

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 16:09 Jun30 2007 Post ID: 1703839
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Oh, right. Sorry, thought the Battle of Hu Lao Gate was in 200 for a second. Doh
[center]

Displaying Page 5 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close