Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Dynasty Warriors 5

POLL:Who would win,Modern Chinese Army or Han Dyanasty Army?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
da_mikester Posted at: 14:06 Apr12 2007 Post ID: 1513887
da_mikester
Post Likes: 0
+
+
What do you think?
I think the han army would win.....

Sig thanks to Master of lite for a decent sig!great job SmileSmile
Shadow_Lord Posted at: 13:48 May12 2007 Post ID: 1590604
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Yes, because their swords and spears would of course completely pwn the modern Chinese armies machine guns, tanks, nuclear weapons etc.

Seriously. Not meaning to be rude, but what kind of a question is that?
[center]
Signature credited to Nathan (or whatever he decides to call himself next)

MSN address: yamiken (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
da_mikester Posted at: 14:57 May16 2007 Post ID: 1598893
da_mikester
+
+
A very good one if you ask me!lol

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 13:39 May17 2007 Post ID: 1600818
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Well, no, not really. Maybe the Han had better soldiers, but the modern Chinese have 1800 years of technological development on their side, which includes the second biggest nuclear arsenal in the world. It's a no-brainer, really.
[center]

[size=6](You know the drill, remove the spaces, replace the at with @ and the dot
BlackNinja Posted at: 13:51 May17 2007 Post ID: 1600828
BlackNinja
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I noticed this topic, and while I know virtually nothing about the Han army, I do know that NO army from 200AD could take down the modern Chinese army. It would be a massacre, not a battle.
Shadow_Lord Posted at: 13:57 May17 2007 Post ID: 1600835
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Also bear in mind that, at this stage, the Han empire was crumbling, and it's army was basically led by a bunch of idiots who got there either by noble birth (viz. Yuan Shao) or through marrying the right people (viz. He Jin).
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 14:21 May24 2007 Post ID: 1615292
da_mikester
+
+
Lol,You have a point there though....But If you think about it The Han(I didn't say this before...but i meant the 3 kingdoms army)
But i think It would It would be pretty close,Since Tatics are much stronger in those days,Also they had archers and they had knowledge.Plus they Had guns (Not proper)....I think they was called crossbows...I can't remember...And explosives.

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 15:06 May24 2007 Post ID: 1615387
Shadow_Lord
+
+
They didn't have guns. Or bombs. Dynasty Warriors is NOT historically accurate. Look, the modern Chinese have tanks, planes, machine guns, missiles... in short, any ancient army would just get cut down in 30 seconds flat.
[center]

Anactofgod Posted at: 19:50 May31 2007 Post ID: 1631385
Anactofgod
+
+
Shadow_Lord, I have to disagree with you on the bomb situation. Sure, their arsenal may not have included guns, but they did have bombs. And not the really large ones either, why would you bomb the battle field with atomic bombs, destroying the enimies, and you with them? Whats more is the "Nuclear bombs" you spoke of, now, that's insane. Why would you nuke a civil war? That's just stupid.
Shadow_Lord Posted at: 12:58 Jun01 2007 Post ID: 1632237
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Who said civil war? No one. Admittedly, in a civil war situation, you would right - a nuclear strike would be pointless. But if it was outside China... well, since I highly doubt the modern army would be lined up in neat little rows - or, indeed, be anywhere in a 12-mile radius - a nuclear strike would make sense. OK, so admittedly every other nation in the world would get ****** off at China for doing this (particularly whichever sorry country got the bomb/bombs detonated in its territory), but in the short term, it would be a decent solution. And I believe we're only talking short term here anyway.

As for the Han having bombs: well, yes, they did, but they lacked the means to fire them over long distances. Plus they weren't powerful enough to do anything to a modern army, particularly since no modern army would be in any sort of closely packed formation, so due to the small blast radius, and bombs the Han had would only kill one or two soldiers. This is even assuming they could get in range to properly utilise the bombs.

Besides, it's irrelevent; even if you discount nuclear weapons, modern China's technology could still easily trump anything the Han had. Machine guns would cut their troops to ribbons if nothing else. To summarise, to stand even a ghost of a chance, the Han would have to do the following:

First:
1) Surprise the modern Chinese. This is vital.
While they still have the element of surprise:
2) Kill any and all Chinese military leaders.
3) Find a way to sabotage all their heavy military equipment.
4) Find a way to disperse the remaining Chinese armed forces.
Then:
5) Use superior numbers and tactics to crush each pocket of resistance one by one.

Now, on each of those stages, a hell of a lot of things could go wrong. And even if everything went perfectly, I imagine the Han army would still end up decimated.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 13:59 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1641085
da_mikester
+
+
Heh,That will be funny if they did let a nuclear strike...sorta' becausethat's like beating yourself up!lol

Plus,China was the ones Who made gun powder....I think before the Han,I can't remember.Infact Screw up what i just saidIt was made in 142A.D. by a guy called wei boyang...i think

Quoted from Wiki "Zhuge Liang launched five Northern Expeditions against Cao Wei, but all except one failed, usually because his food supplies ran out rather than failure on the battlefield."

^_^

zhuge liang 4-Sima yi 1

« Last edited by da_mikester on Jun 6th 2007 »

rossyboi567 Posted at: 14:22 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1641123
rossyboi567
Forum GuestMember
+
+
chinese army wud totally anhilate the han army because,

1)theyve got machine guns.
2)theyve got tanks.
3)theyve got planes.
4)theyve got WMDs.

Even tho the han had explosives they would be no match for a challenger 2 tanks armour and its 105mm cannon and if they could get close enough to throw the bomb the tanks 50.cal machine gun would put like 750 bullets into them or the cannon would blow them out of china!
Shadow_Lord Posted at: 14:23 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1641124
Shadow_Lord
+
+
So what if they had gunpowder? Modern China have machine guns, which will cut any tight-packed formation of troops to ribbons in seconds. Besides, even though the Chinese did have gunpowder then, true, they just used for things like rockets, which a) probably weren't used in battle and b) were notoriously inaccurate even when they were. They certinaly dind't have guns if that's what you're thinking.

About the Simay Yi vs. Zhuge Liang point... it's the wrong thread, but what the heck, I'll reply to it here. So what if he only ran out of food? Still means he didn't plan his long-term strategy well enough. And besides, those aren't victories for him. If he'd had more food, he might still have lost. They could be called draws at best. Really, they're still Wei victories; after all, when it comes down to it, does it really matter if Wei crushed Shu on the battlefield or just wore them down and eventually exhausted their supplies? Wei still kept their territroy. So, more accurate scoreboard:

Zhuge Liang - 1
Sima Yi - 4
[center]

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 14:24 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1641128
Shadow_Lord
+
+
On 06-Jun-2007 rossyboi567 said:chinese army wud totally anhilate the han army because,

1)theyve got machine guns.
2)theyve got tanks.
3)theyve got planes.
4)theyve got WMDs.

Even tho the han had explosives they would be no match for a challenger 2 tanks armour and its 105mm cannon and if they could get close enough to throw the bomb the tanks 50.cal machine gun would put like 750 bullets into them or the cannon would blow them out of china!
Finally, another person who's seen the blindingly obvious! Welcome to the forum. =)

« Last edited by Shadow_Lord on Jun 6th 2007 »
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 15:57 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1641346
da_mikester
+
+
It means that if he ran out of supplies he can't fight otherwise he would have died along with his army

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 16:33 Jun06 2007 Post ID: 1641417
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Yes, but my point is that Sima Yi managed to extend the campaigns long enough so that he ran out of supplies, didn't he? Anyway, please keep on topic.
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 09:50 Jun07 2007 Post ID: 1642474
da_mikester
+
+
The battle Was Quite short you know....-_-

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 13:44 Jun07 2007 Post ID: 1642746
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Which battle are we referring to here?
[center]

da_mikester Posted at: 09:50 Jun08 2007 Post ID: 1644279
da_mikester
+
+
I can't honestly remember but i know there was one,Since i don't actually know what all the battles was...

Shadow_Lord Posted at: 11:12 Jun08 2007 Post ID: 1644374
Shadow_Lord
+
+
Well, if it was short, and he ran out of supplies, that seems to indicate poor preparation on his part, doesn't it?
[center]

Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 410778

Post Top
Click to close