Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout 3

Fallout: New Vegas

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 12:56 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810714
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Fallout 2 takes place in a settlement began by the original Vault Dweller indeed, so in a sense FO2 is set as a vault dweller, but not really.
Now known as
Mortarion Posted at: 14:59 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810757
Mortarion
Post Likes: 0
+
+
So by that arguement I do believe this makes FO:NV the first FO to have a non-vault-dweller main character, cool. I wanna play that game so bad right now!
[center]
[size=10]Cookies for CharmingFacade(of the guild) for the epic sig! And for Tbug2007(of SC) for the awesome avy![/center][/size]

Your Ad Here
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 15:27 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810765
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
To be honest, I think it'll suffer the same fate as Call of Duty: World at War and Modern Warfare 2: That to much hype is gonna be built up, and so the game seems terrible when you finally get it.
And I doubt it'll be a chip off Fallout 3
Now known as
Mortarion Posted at: 16:35 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810810
Mortarion
+
+
Probably, that seems to happen to a lot of games *cough*borderlands*cough* I hope it isn't a chip off of fo3, especailly with the combat mechanics, the ragdoll physics seemed off and i honestly don't think it's possible to blow off someone's head, fully intact, with a 10mm pistol.
[center]
[size=10]Cookies for CharmingFacade(of the guild) for the epic sig! And for Tbug2007(of SC) for the awesome avy![/center][/size]

Your Ad Here
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 16:58 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810829
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Possibly not, although it would definitely cause massive damage.

By "Chip off a block", I mean it's not gonna nearly be as good as Fallout 3
Now known as
Mortarion Posted at: 17:10 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810845
Mortarion
+
+
It should be better! you can't just slap something together and call it fallout, It is made by Vault-Tec, they're the best in the buisiness!
[center]

Your Ad Here
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 17:13 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810851
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Yeah, but it is being made by Obsidian, or some other group that isn't Bethesda.
Now known as
Mortarion Posted at: 17:21 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810874
Mortarion
+
+
Yes well it should be made by Interplay but they died so... Beth did ok but no. just no! Obsidian is most of fo + fo2 devs so it should be epic. Bethesda should get back to TES they kick *** at that series
[center]

Your Ad Here
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 22:40 Mar05 2010 Post ID: 2810996
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
For the record, I flipping hated Oblivion.

Also, I really don't think New Vegas is the first with a non vault dweller, as I'm pretty sure the spinoffs like Brotherhood of Steel didn't have you pegged as a Vault Dweller. And before you say "So it's the first in the main series to not have a vault dweller main character?", no, because New Vegas is a spin off too.

I think Obsedian will do a fine job. They've got a good grasp on the Fallout world, having some of the staff who worked on the first two games, and with the skeleton that Bethesda gave them, they'll be just fine.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Mortarion Posted at: 12:03 Mar06 2010 Post ID: 2811274
Mortarion
+
+
Yes well, Bethesda did a much better job with that series than with fallout, and isn't that esentially what i just said (apart from the vault-dweller thing)?
[center]

Your Ad Here
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 13:54 Mar06 2010 Post ID: 2811322
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Well then again, technology has changed, so you never know, it might be as good.
Now known as
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 18:15 Mar06 2010 Post ID: 2811444
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Mortarion said:Yes well, Bethesda did a much better job with that series than with fallout, and isn't that esentially what i just said (apart from the vault-dweller thing)?

Yeah, well my point was that Fallout should stay in the hands of Bethesda, but the original Fallout Developers should have a say in it.

Seriously, Fallout 3 was a masterpiece, while Oblivion was just a piece of sh- ahem.
And you know what? I still don't like Fallout 3's melee combat system much because it reeks of Oblivion, but at least it has some fun and creative weapons to fight with. The reason Fallout 3's ranged system was so much better was that it replaced the choppy spells and arrows with reliable guns and the VATS system.

Also, here's something worth noting:

I own both Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I've clocked in about 5 or 6 hours in Oblivion, maybe a bit more. I've clocked in closer to 200 hours in Fallout 3.

Mortarion Posted at: 11:48 Mar07 2010 Post ID: 2811660
Mortarion
+
+
ok, well fo3 had no ads feature, something i tend to look for in an fps. I've spent about the same amount of time on both games, and both have things i don't like, but i have to say, I prefer oblivion. I never tried the magic system, but i found the ranged aspect quite easy to use, though why they removed crossbows i don't know. And is it just game mechanics or do you prefer futuristic themes because you know...

And i haven't played the first two fo games but I've seen them, and I know several people who have played them and they look much more appealing to me than a fps without ads and just a general feel of a lack of quality.
[center]

Your Ad Here
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 13:38 Mar07 2010 Post ID: 2811728
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
The voice acting was horrid, the facial animations were crap, the plot was bland, the melee combat was repetitive, and the leveling system was the worst I've ever seen in a game.

^That's why I don't like the game.

In fact, about the only positive thing I have to say about Oblivion was that its side quests were fun and imaginative.

Once again, we're getting off topic comparing Oblivion to Fallout 3, so let's just get back to the Fallout 3 vs. New Vegas thing.

Mortarion Posted at: 15:44 Mar07 2010 Post ID: 2811769
Mortarion
+
+
ok, I almost thought you were talking about fo3 for a moment, because it experienced almost all of those things at one time or another through out the game.

But yes back on topic, there is no more FO:NV news on the wiki, which kinda sucks.
[center]

Your Ad Here
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 16:55 Mar07 2010 Post ID: 2811790
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
Well, there is one thing we haven't discussed yet: Hardcore Mode.

Hardcore Mode is less of a difficulty, and more of an experience. Here are the Notable differences between Hardcore and Normal that have been released so far:

Normal Mode:
- Ammo is weightless
- Stimpaks heal instantly
- No Dehydration

Hardcore Mode:
- Ammo has weight
- Stimpaks heal over time
- The player has a dehydration meter which will deplete over time, and must be replenished by drinking water

I think this will be a cool addition, just in case you really want to know what it would be like in that situation without the developers taking out the annoying things.
I just hope you won't have to make your character take a **** every couple in-game hours.

Mortarion Posted at: 05:44 Mar08 2010 Post ID: 2811957
Mortarion
+
+
yeah, I read more about hardcore mode on the wiki methinks, but i can't recall much right now. Hardcore mode should be fun!
[center]

Your Ad Here
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 17:48 Mar09 2010 Post ID: 2812473
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
After reading the article in OXM, I'm certain that this will top Fallout 3. Odisian seems to be doing a great job adding onto Fallout 3 instead of just changing the location of Fallout 3. The weapon mods look fun and the 2 quests I heard of looked really fun. I'm not sure how much fun it'll be to explore this time around, but I thought that Fallout 3 got boring after discovering all the locations. Hopefully New Vegas can fix that problem.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 20:54 Mar09 2010 Post ID: 2812539
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
As I said: Area. Fifty. Frickin'. One.

It seems like Vegas will be significantly different than DC, as Vegas wasn't hit by any nukes, and without any EMPs, it still has its electricity and probably still functions as a society, but this being post apocolyptic, I'm sure things will get quite interesting from there. Not to mention that Obsedian has said that the area surrounding Vegas will be availible to explore in.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 15:27 Mar10 2010 Post ID: 2812708
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Here's hoping we get vehicles

New Vegas Screenshots
This has changed my views on NV.....

« Last edited by CRAZY CHEATS on Mar 10th 2010 »
Now known as