Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Fallout Shelter

Small Guns vs Energy Weapons

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

jakkaru Posted at: 18:00 Feb21 2010 Post ID: 2805888
jakkaru
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Which do you prefer and why? I'm not asking which is better, because they are honestly pretty balanced. I prefer small guns because of the variety, (and the hunting rifle <3 ), although they suck in V.A.T.S. compared to energy weapons. And it sometimes gets annoying carrying around so many guns. Plus the silenced 10mm is fun to create diversions with; enemies don't hear the gun firing, but they still hear the bullet's impact on things, so they'll look around wherever the bullet hit instead of looking for you, (usually).

« Last edited by jakkaru on Feb 21st 2010 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:44 Feb21 2010 Post ID: 2805979
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Recently I've favored energy weapons, especially with the Tesla Cannon (Big Gun + Energy?) and Metal Blaster, but mostly, I'm a small guns guy. While the pistols in this game are pretty useless minus the Dart Gun (Which usefulness is limited) and the Silenced 10mm, Small Guns gives you great bang for your buck. It gives you skill with Shotguns, Assault Rifles, Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and the pistols. Especially given how great guns like the Xuaolong Assault Rifle and the Predator, and especially given how much you'll use them over Energy and Big Guns in the beginning of the game.

This is also a problem, since when asked what you want to specialize in, 95 percent of people will take Small Guns. It's a bit over powered.

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 13:41 Feb22 2010 Post ID: 2806157
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Predator? What the hell is that? I've never even heard of that gun....

I'd probably go with Energy weapons, purely because of the way enemies disintegrate Evil
But it doesn't really matter cause Big Guns are better than both of them
Now known as
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 15:51 Feb22 2010 Post ID: 2806220
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
It's from The Pitt. It's basically a special version of the Infiltrator, which was an enchanced version of the assault rifle. It's a black, scoped, automatic, silenced assault rifle. Combined with the Chinese Stealth Suit, it tears people in half.

I dislike Big Guns. Mini Guns run out of ammo too fast, and all other big guns reload too slowly and don't do enough damage. (Other than the Fat Man, but this has scarse ammo)

jakkaru Posted at: 19:51 Feb22 2010 Post ID: 2806364
jakkaru
+
+
I just started another character who uses energy weapons, and I'm actually starting to like them better; I only have to keep on track of repairing two weapons, and selling all the gun ammo you find everywhere adds up to a LOT of caps. And they're so accurate! I still use a silenced 10mm for diversions, though.

(Also, I know this is off topic, but this is the pure definition of redundancy.) http://www.youtube.com/watc...=related

« Last edited by jakkaru on Feb 22nd 2010 »
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:51 Feb22 2010 Post ID: 2806430
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I was also annoyed by how much the Microfusion Cells cost. Small Gun ammo is much cheaper. Other than Shotgun shells, of course.

Lots of people like the Gauss Rifle, but personally, I really dislike it. Having a long reload after every shot is just obnoxious. Frankly, hand me the Victory Rifle and I'll do a million times better with it.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 01:25 Feb23 2010 Post ID: 2806482
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
imaloony8.0 said:It's from The Pitt. It's basically a special version of the Infiltrator, which was an enchanced version of the assault rifle. It's a black, scoped, automatic, silenced assault rifle. Combined with the Chinese Stealth Suit, it tears people in half.

I dislike Big Guns. Mini Guns run out of ammo too fast, and all other big guns reload too slowly and don't do enough damage. (Other than the Fat Man, but this has scarse ammo)

The Perforator, not predator.
And Vengeance usually rips any enemy to shreds before the magazine is even half empty
Now known as
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 07:32 Feb23 2010 Post ID: 2806556
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
I never had much success with Gatling Lasers. Granted, I've never been brave enough to go get Vengence, but I did have the Precision Gatling Laser, and it never helped much. I would just tear people apart with the Xuaolong Assault Rifle and the Metal Blaster.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 13:02 Feb23 2010 Post ID: 2806613
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Precision Gatling has nothing on Vengeance. With Ghoul Ecology, it raises its damage to over 350. I'd say it would be safe to say that it beats almost every gun because of that. Granted Xuanlong is probably the best Small Gun, and well Metal Blaster...... A3-21s would be much better, and even that is beaten the Gauss rifle. I know what you said about it, but it's power is quite impressive, and mixed with it's knockdown abilty, I find it quite good for anything even up to Overlords (never tried it on a behemoth)
Now known as
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 17:13 Feb23 2010 Post ID: 2806669
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
It's got power and knockdown, but so does the Victory Rifle, and that has a larger clip, faster fire rate, and a quicker reload.
Precision isn't that bad. It's got the best criticals going for it, that's for sure. It's certainly comparable to Vengance.
Also, Vengance and all the other gatling lasers chew ammo up. It's like, why would I use my ammo for that when I can get much more bang for my buck with the Tesla Cannon?

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 09:12 Feb24 2010 Post ID: 2806833
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Well, I've been hoarding ammo up for ages, buying whenever possible, so i got aroung 9k rounds.
Also, Gauss rifle is more than twice as powerful, and has a much longer knockdown time. Granted reloading after every shot is annoying, but it's still pretty powerful despite this.
Now known as
CyberneticMooninite Posted at: 19:10 Feb24 2010 Post ID: 2806991
CyberneticMooninite
+
+
I really use neither of these anymore, but I like Small Guns better overall. I use the Gauss Rifle but that's really the only Energy Weapon I use. I like how easy it is for me to find ammo for them compared to Energy Weapons.
Meh.
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 22:58 Feb24 2010 Post ID: 2807033
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
+
+
CRAZY CHEATS said:Also, Gauss rifle is more than twice as powerful, and has a much longer knockdown time. Granted reloading after every shot is annoying, but it's still pretty powerful despite this.

Well every time I shoot it my enemy sprouts armor from every inch of their body and it ends up doing crap damage.
Sniper Rifle does consistant damage. Also, Rate of Fire > Damage.

CRAZY CHEATS Posted at: 11:31 Feb25 2010 Post ID: 2807111
CRAZY CHEATS
Das Milkinator
+
+
Seems to work fine for me, although I'm on PS3..... they say aiming for the legs works better
Now known as
Zombie Madacky1 Posted at: 07:50 Apr18 2010 Post ID: 2832884
Zombie Madacky1
+
+
It All Depends On What YOU Prefer.You Dont Need Internet Answers To Find Which Is Better.Think For Yourself.Its Basically Like Copyin Answers In A Test.You Dont Actually Learn Anything.

Chored TV Lulz
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:05 Apr03 2013 Post ID: 3231323
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I'VE NEVER PLAYED THE GAME BEFORE AND I REALLY CANT DECIDE
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
KingofCorn Posted at: 21:43 Jul30 2013 Post ID: 3263575
KingofCorn
Avoid the Noid.
Post Likes: 615
+
+
I personally prefer Small Guns
Forum Guest Posted at: 14:24 Feb15 2015 Post ID: 3371199
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Is there any of getting into raven rock by coming upon it ?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close