Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy XII

Getting the Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines - GUARANTEED

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

FF12GrandMaster Posted at: 04:04 May04 2009 Post ID: 2612999
FF12GrandMaster
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
One of the biggest headaches in the game is the Zodiac Spear if you have opened one of the 4 forbidden chests. Many people have spent countless hours trying to get the Zodiac Spear from the chest in the Henne Mines which is a 1/1,000 chance. Some people have been lucky and fluked one early whilst others have spent more time that they cared the to think about chasing that elusive spear. But now things are different. Let me explain.During one day I got 6 Zodiac Spears from the chest in the Henne Mines. Yes, you read that correctly.....SIX!!! Was I lucky? No. Did I use Armax or some other cheating device? No. So how did I do it? Well, I used the PS2's pre-programmed list of random numbers against itself. I am now going to show you how to get a Zodiac Spear from the Henne Mines but there are some conditions to this which must be met first. So here goes.....a step by step guide to the Zodiac Spear.

1. First thing I have to say is that this was done on a Phat PS2 (PAL Version) Series 39003. You will have to test this out and see if your machine will also do it. It probably will.

2. You MUST have one character who does NOT have the Brawler Licence activated. If you don't have a character without Brawler then you aren't going to be able to do it. The idea in this is that you have to hit yourself to move the Random Number Generator (RNG) and you could be hitting
yourself over 80 times. On my file Vaan is level 99 but has a Grand Armour. He does over 3000 damage with his bare hands. Three or four hits and he is history.

3. You need to know how to use the Immobilise Glitch. If you don't then I suggest you look it up in the FAQs and learn pretty fast if you want a Zodiac Spear (or 99).

4. Teleport to the Henne Mines making sure you have Chronos Tears and a Nihopalaoa. I guess you could use magick but it's best not to do too many things that move the RNG along. Equip two characters with armour but no weapon. Helm can be equipped, it's up to you. It makes no difference to my character whether they have a Circlet on or not. Equip one character with the Nihopalaoa and equip the character WITHOUT Brawler with the Diamond Armlet. Make sure the character with the Diamond Armlet has 5000+ HP. If not, cast bubble on them now. Cast float on both characters and turn off all gambits. Now put Game Speed on SLOWEST.

5. Put character with Nihopalaoa into reserves and just have your main character in the party. Save your game and then TURN OFF YOUR PS2!! This is imperative. A soft reset will NOT work and in trying to save time you will just waste time. Now reboot your game.

6. Head from the Gate Crystal into the Ore Separation and towards the Phase 2 Dig but before you enter the Phase 2 Dig you MUST hit yourself twice. If you forget to do this then you are just going to have to start again. If you don't hit yourself twice then it is unlikely you will ever see the Zodiac Spear Chest. Having done this, enter the Phase 2 Dig.

7. Now bring out the other character and get them to use a Chronos Tear on themselves which will put them under stop. Now with the flee button held in head down the passage. You will see 3 Abysteels in front of you and you may take some damage in this spot only. Run directly at the Abysteels and don't try to dodge them. I find they use Gnaw (instant attack) more if you try to
dodge them. When you get to the intersection where there are 2 more Abysteels use the Immobilise Giltch to clear all of them away. Keep going through the area towards the ZS Chest using the Glitch to clear all enemies in your way. As you reach the brickwork you are at the point where you may have to renew the Chronos Tear on the character by the entrance. You will
have to renew it at least once.

8. You arrive at the Zodiac Spear Chest Location. It may not be there but there is a reasonable chance that it will. Doing it this way I reckon it appears a lot more than 10% of the time. Shame you're not guaranteed the Spear, eh? Now put your other character into the reserves. Do NOT forget to do this. Turn the game speed back to FASTEST and give your character just one gambit. SELF: ATTACK.

9. Now you have to hope that you have the right pattern for the random numbers. What you are looking for are Combinations. The one of most interest to you is a 5 Hit Combo but that will be later. For now what you DON'T want is a 2 hit combo at all. If you get a 2 Hit Combo you may as well reset without even opening the chest because you ain't getting a Spear. It depends on whether you took any damage from the Abysteels as to when you get your first combo but I am going to assume you took none. There are 3 possibilities and this is what you need to be looking for:

a) A 3 hit combo after about 21 hits. This will then be followed by a 4 hit combo after 29 more hits. Finally, after another 28 hits you will get a 5 hit combo.

b) A 4 hit combo after about 54 hits. This will be followed by a 5 hit combo after a further 28 hits.

c) A 5 hit combo after 82-84 hits

If you get any other pattern then forget it. You won't get the Spear. One more thing. During the 5 hit combo MAKE SURE YOU TURN YOUR GAMBITS OFF!!! If you don't do this and your character hits themself after the 5 hit combo then your Spear is gone.

10. If you didn't get a), b) or c) then turn your PS2 off and start again.

11. If you got any of a), b) or c) then open the chest and get your ZODIAC SPEAR. If you have the Diamond Armlet on I will GUARANTEE you it will be there.

12. Get the hell outta there and save your game.

13. Rinse and repeat as many times as you want for as many Zodiac Spears as you want.

:D :D :D
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Vasco Posted at: 13:49 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613118
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Never heard of that before, I must admit.

Definitely something I'll try out this weekend. I'll let you know how it went, thanks Smile

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
FF12GrandMaster Posted at: 21:23 May04 2009 Post ID: 2613432
FF12GrandMaster
Forum GuestMember
+
+
For those interested I just thought that I would tell you that today I got 9 Zodiac Spears in 6-7 hours bringing my total to 17. This method really does work and, not trying to tell anyone how to do their job, it really needs a sticky as it is too good to lose. The biggest headache in FFXII has been cracked! Smile
balthiersbit Posted at: 05:41 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614166
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
+
You need to copy and paste this into the FFXII submissions as this is a gem if it does work as well as you stated. I dont have the time on my hands right now. But I will try it.
If there isnt too many things pinned in the forum I will pin it. But if Vasco (the FFXII mod) doesnt want it pinned can unpin it. I have no problem with that.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

Heavens Cloud Posted at: 05:51 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614167
Heavens Cloud
+
+
Aaw
Thwarted by step 2, everyone has all of the licenses.

Anyways if this actually works, nice job Thumbs Up
Sis your ps2 needs to be the fat, erm phat one that I have. Slim mustn't work.
Marill

Sigs: http://www.fifthvoyager.net...res.html
Watch my craptastic vids at: http://www.youtube.com/FifthFantasy
http://www.fifthvoyager.net
FF12GrandMaster Posted at: 07:09 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614178
FF12GrandMaster
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I didn't say the slim doesn't work, just that I used the Phat. If others have done this and I would say that not all have Phat PS2's.

This truly does work and I have made a video showing everything from the boot to getting the Zodiac Spear and putting my Inventory on display. I have also made a vid showing me getting the Zodiac Escutcheon from Barheim using the same method. In fact, getting the Escutcheon is easier because it's a 60% item chest which means you don't have to get the 5 hit combo. Some of the other patterns are good too though they maybe a little complicated. Here is an example of a complicated pattern which works for the Zodiac Escutcheon.

Start hitting yourself. The 4th hit will be a 4 hit combo. Ten hits later a 2 hit combo. Now cast curaga on yourself. 41 hits later you get a 3 hit combo. Cast curaga. On the 7th hit you get a 4 hit combo and 2 hits later a 2 hit combo. Open the chest for the Zodiac Escutcheon, Guaranteed.

That one is a little complicated and it took me quite a while to work it out but there are many others which are a lot easier. Anyway, enjoy the Zodiac Spear vid. Thumbs Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttyn6AZxqY
Vasco Posted at: 12:58 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614295
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
On 06-May-2009 balthiersbit said:You need to copy and paste this into the FFXII submissions as this is a gem if it does work as well as you stated. I dont have the time on my hands right now. But I will try it.
If there isnt too many things pinned in the forum I will pin it. But if Vasco (the FFXII mod) doesnt want it pinned can unpin it. I have no problem with that.
Not a Mod here anymore. I lost the spot a few months ago when this place just died. Good call anyway, I agree with pinning it.

Great video, should be helpful. Adding you as a friend, nick is Anonemuss.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
FF12GrandMaster Posted at: 14:42 May06 2009 Post ID: 2614349
FF12GrandMaster
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Great news for those with Brawler. Just equip a Cameo Belt and a Shield. I did this with a level 99 Vaan and he did zero damage.
SomeWhere Posted at: 07:22 Sep30 2009 Post ID: 2741931
SomeWhere
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Awsome. Because i've auto leveled and I've basically filled the whole license board O_o so I was all like "****, i have bralwe, i can't do it" but I'm going to try it out now. thanks ^^ BTw, where can i get Cameo belt? And it's just enough with a shield btw. Brawler's effect will negate then. I've tried hitting an enemy( a poor wolf ), lv 81 with Ashe and did about 6-7000 damage with brawler, without any shield or a weapon. Then i equipped a shield. 0 Damage.
"Close your mind,
and
Open your heart."
-Swedish House Mafia
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close