Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy XII

Hi

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
v-gamer Posted at: 15:16 Jul26 2009 Post ID: 2688580
v-gamer
y so srs?
Post Likes: 4
+
+
My main team consists of Vaan, Basch, and Ashe. (Nikki, please don't kill me for not including Balthier.) Vaan is my close ranger attacker (Ragnarok), Basch is my tank (Golden Axe + Demon Shield), and Ashe is my long range shooter (Perseus Bow + Parallel Arrows) and she is also my Mage.

Anyways, I need some help with my main team.

First of all, is Ashe a good long range attacker? And if so, is it with a bow or with another weapon? Because while Vaan and Basche inflict 3000+ damage on level 50 enemies (or whatever level they are in the Subterra of the Pharos), Ashe inflicts between 1000 and 2000 damage... I know she's good with a sword, but I have her as my long range attacker only because I heard she was a decent long ranger... So is this true?

Secondly; at the moment, I have only one Ribbon. Should I equip my Mage (Ashe) or my tank (Basch) with this item? (When I get two Ribbons, I'll equip both of them with this. But until them, I have to choose between the two.)

Please and thank you for your help.
Avatar: In memory of ieatwyverns <3

Thank you, Vasco <3
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Vasco Posted at: 15:49 Jul26 2009 Post ID: 2688606
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Oh hello there, Vee.

Well, about Ashe, personally, I prefer to have her in my second team. I have exactly the same team you do (even the same roles for each character), but I have Fran as my long range shooter. Keep her like she is now, as she the is female with the strongest status (Strength, Speed and Magic, that are what matters here).

As for the weapon you pick, I (again, like you do) use bows. You can use guns, for example, but they are terribly slow and will fail when confronting certain enemies (damage will be reduced by a lot). Whereas bows don't hit as much damage as a sword nor a gun, they are fast and the damage does not vary. It's a personal opinion, really. I believe Nikki used/uses guns.

As a tip though, whether you choose a bow, a gun, or any weapon, ALWAYS use a long range shooter. They are the most important members in your team, as they are the main healers and, quite often, the only survivors. Your enemies, mainly the Bosses, will only attack the characters closer to them, so a long range shooter will be your main key to survive.

As for your Ribbon, keep her with Basch. Seeing as he will (normally) be the first to attack, he will most likely be the first one to get hit. I can give you the locations of the 3 chests that spawn the Ribbons, if you wish, by the way.

Finally, thought I'd mention, an Axe is not that great of a weapon. It varies too much, it lands 8000 damage in a single hit and suddenly land 3 hits of 400. I'd go with another sword, by now you have access to Excalibur, for example.

So yeah, sorry for the long post; this game still excites me...One last question though, what level are your characters?

« Last edited by Vasco on Jul 26th 2009 »

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
v-gamer Posted at: 15:57 Jul26 2009 Post ID: 2688613
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
+
High 80s. Only Vaan is in the 90s (he's level 93 and is almost at 94!).

Thank you, Vasco <3
balthiersbit Posted at: 09:33 Jul27 2009 Post ID: 2689486
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
Post Likes: 188
+
+
Erm hi there?!

Yeah I likes my guns. The fomalhaut for example is slower than just about all weapons but when it charges it can hit like 9999 if you use an elemental bullet on an elemantally weak enemy. (the level doesnt matter as much as the guns are piercing)

I prefer Ashe with a sword and Fran with a sword. For me, the weakest is Penelo so she usually gets thelong distance bow and then the healing. But all mine are healers anyway.

Thanx to Craizen for the sig, love ya babe, Hubby for the avi.
testuser said:Someone needs to put you over their knee..

v-gamer Posted at: 13:53 Jul27 2009 Post ID: 2689792
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
+
Yeah I have all my characters gambits start out with

Ally:Any > Arise
Ally:HP less than 50 > Curaja

But Ashe's is the only one that follows with Ally:Any > Remedy. If Esuna cured all statuses at once, I'd have that instead, but because Remedy is the only thing that works for all things I use that. The thing is that I have to buy shitloads of it, like 200.

Ashe's gambit is the only one that follows out with Foe:X-weak with the magick attack that hits hard on those types. I.e, Foe:holy-weak > Holy, etc. I have that for holy, dark, wind, fire, lighting, and ice. I wish there were a powerful water attack that I could use; I could use my extra gambit slot. XD

But yeah, I talked to Vasco a bit, yesterday. I equipped Basch with the Ultima Blade and the Ribbon, and had Ashe with the Bubble Belt. As for now I was unsure of what to use with Vaan (atm he's using the Diamond Armlet, but only so he can get another Ribbon in the Cerobi Steppe); I guess I'll equip him with the Ribbon when I get it, though.

If I manage to get the third Ribbon, is it recommended that I equip all three of my main characters with Ribbons?

« Last edited by v-gamer on Jul 27th 2009 »

Thank you, Vasco <3
dragonx254 Posted at: 22:34 Jul29 2009 Post ID: 2691875
dragonx254
Elite Gamer
Post Likes: 0
+
+
that all depends on preference. if you don't want to waste time on healing status ailments, then go ahead.

sig credit goes to Craizen
Resurrection in process: Final Fantasy Eternal
v-gamer Posted at: 08:59 Jul30 2009 Post ID: 2692086
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
+
Well I mean, I could easily use Remedy (I buy tons of it every time I get a chance anyhow) but even with all the Remedy Lores, it doesn't heal everything. So that's why I'm fond of Ribbons; you won't need Remedies, haha. Though I think there's a magick for all statuses... Eh, I'm not sure which ones those are, though.

I figured it's better to have my two close ranged attackers with Ribbons and my mage/long ranged attacker with Bubble Belt.

Edit: Yet while attempting to get another Ribbon (I'm in the Cerobi Steppe because I'm not patient enough to wait until I have access to the rest of Henne Mines) I obtained 5 Megalixers, 3 Fomalhauts, and 1 Castelannos (the strongest ammo in the game, I believe). Yet, no Ribbon!

What confounds me is that I have 3 Fomalhauts! They're not much more common than Ribbons, yet I haven't got just 1 Ribbon! D:<

Edit: 4 Fomalhauts.

« Last edited by v-gamer on Jul 30th 2009 »

Thank you, Vasco <3
balthiersbit Posted at: 17:46 Jul30 2009 Post ID: 2692619
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
^Lol

are you looking in the right spot for the Ribbon? I just kept going to the same spot where the eibbon can be found and doing it over and over again.

v-gamer Posted at: 17:50 Jul30 2009 Post ID: 2692623
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
+
I saw multiple videos of people getting Ribbons, and it is indeed the same place I'm going for it. :( I'm using that site you gave me, too.

Thank you, Vasco <3
balthiersbit Posted at: 08:02 Aug01 2009 Post ID: 2694020
balthiersbit
Poop DinoQueen
+
+
Thats what I used...not the videos mind you. I did use one video when trying to get the deathbringer in the Barheim passage. I thought I was doing something wrong.

roadkillman997 Posted at: 12:53 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699105
roadkillman997
+
+
ok this is what id suggest:

fran in your main party besides ashe as she is best (my opinion) with a bow and has high magick power. but all swords, axes etc. usally hits more than a bow anyway... i do this:

vaan-54
basch-53
balthier-53
thats my main party.
i have them all equipped with golden axes and im not sure wht shield i 4got...

i use vaan as party leader and run around in the back healing... even with an axe in his hand =D it works well.. i take down 200k+hp in a few minutes... u can try that if u'd like.
hope i helped Smile
[email protected], IM

g33k said: *points out to SS64 that Abby, is in Paki so his house may very well go BOOM*

[center]sig by Craizen&PBO|avy-Yogi_bear
7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 15:20 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699254
7onewingedangel7
+
+
Hello everyone, I'm here to state my party, etc.

My main party:

Ashe (Leader, has all Espers), Lvl 74, Main attacker, uses Masamune (Genji Gloves), Genji Armour (Uses Diamond Armlet if searching for treasure)

Balthier, Lvl 67, Black Mage and Attacker (Sometimes Ranger if needed), uses Excalibur (guns if needed), Light Armour (Bubble Belt)

Vaan, Lvl 65, White/Green Mage (Sage's Ring), uses Zwill Crossblade and Genji Shield, Light Armour

My second party:

Basch, Lvl 38, Attacker, uses Ivory Pole, Heavy Armour

Fran, Lvl 34, Ranger and Black Mage, uses Bows, Mystic Armour

Penelo, Lvl 35, Ranger and White Mage, uses Crossbows, Mystic Armour

Accomplishments: Gonna list them in my bio. Got Ultima Smile

« Last edited by 7onewingedangel7 on Aug 6th 2009 »
[center][URL=http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?77964][i]
Brick WallClick here to level up my card![/URL]Bounce
WiseguySuper Smash Brawlers Pray
Which FF Character are you?
v-gamer Posted at: 16:02 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699315
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
+
heh well not exactly the purpose I had intended in this topic, but it works well for others to see how people use their teams. ;)

I don't put all espers on one character... I usually split them up, and I try to be even with them per character, as I intend to be even with equipments throughout my characters. Like, if I have Belias on Vaan, I'll put on Ultima or Zodiark. (That's actually what I did; Belias, Ultima, and Zodiark.)

Thank you, Vasco <3
dragonx254 Posted at: 20:46 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699592
dragonx254
Elite Gamer
+
+
On 06-Aug-2009 7onewingedangel7 said:Hello everyone, I'm here to state my party, etc.

My main party:

Ashe (Leader, has all Espers), Lvl 74, Main attacker, uses Masamune (Genji Gloves), Genji Armour (Uses Diamond Armlet if searching for treasure)

Balthier, Lvl 67, Black Mage and Attacker (Sometimes Ranger if needed), uses Excalibur (guns if needed), Light Armour (Bubble Belt)

Vaan, Lvl 65, White/Green Mage (Sage's Ring), uses Zwill Crossblade and Genji Shield, Light Armour

My second party:

7onewingedangel7, please stick to the point of the thread. The whole point is to help v-gamer with his team. If you would like to post like that, you should either A) Make it clear that you are posting your team to show v-gamer what he might like to do or B) Make your own thread.

7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 21:13 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699606
7onewingedangel7
+
+
Ok. I was just showing my team. I'll pick... A)! Thumbs Up And probably B). xD
v-gamer Posted at: 21:36 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2699617
v-gamer
y so srs?
+
+
It's okay dragonx254, I appreciate the insight of how other players use their team! It allows me to re-evaluate my own team.

roadkillman997, I used to have Golden Axes equipped to Basch in my main team, but as Vasco said they're pretty unreliable. I have seen the fluctuation in how hard the axe hits, but I will admit that they can hit hard.

7onewingedangel7, I like the Masamune/Genji Gloves trick. I should try that out. ;)

Thank you, Vasco <3
7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 07:36 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2699814
7onewingedangel7
+
+
I hit 6 times in a row in one turn. That plus Masamune equals over 5000 damage. Thumbs Up

I don't suggest combining it with Large Swords like Excalibur because it lowers the multi-hit chance ALOT. If I gave the Genji Gloves to Balthier while he used Excalibur, I'd be lucky if he got a 3 hit on someone.
dragonx254 Posted at: 11:04 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2699957
dragonx254
Elite Gamer
+
+
7onewingedangel7, you are only allowed one picture in your sig. Remove one of the pics before an admin removes it for you.

roadkillman997 Posted at: 12:26 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2700010
roadkillman997
+
+
On 06-Aug-2009 7onewingedangel7 said:Hello everyone, I'm here to state my party, etc.

My main party:

My second party:

hey 7onewingedangel please stay on topic. and no need to list anything about accomplishments in this thread because ive opened a thread about it. and a bit of advice here, its best to split the espers among ur party members rather than 1 party member it burns mp with all tht for he 1 and cant summon anymore espers.
[email protected], IM

g33k said: *points out to SS64 that Abby, is in Paki so his house may very well go BOOM*

[center]sig by Craizen&PBO|avy-Yogi_bear
7onewingedangel7 Posted at: 13:15 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2700034
7onewingedangel7
+
+
I actually don't use Espers alot, but if I did that'd work better. And I've already been warned after what you've quoted, so no need to warn me again. ;)

Done and done, Dragon.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close