Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Final Fantasy XII

Rare game spawning tip

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Giruvegan Posted at: 21:20 Jul14 2007 Post ID: 1747456
Giruvegan
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Everyone at some point gets fed up of waiting for rare game to spawn. For example, Pineapple has a 20% chance of spawning in The Platform 1 Refinery in the Ogir Yensa. Now that's a helluva big area to look for something that probably isn't there. But how about if you knew it was gonna be there? Bombshell in the Lhusu Mines? Same thing. Wood Toad? Now that's a bugger to find anyway as it's invisible. Anyway, Uncle Giruvegan has come up with a way to almost guarantee they are there. Here are the percentages of them appearing and the percentages they appear doing it my way:

Normal 40% chance of Spawning...Uncle Giruvegan's way = 99.4% chance it appears.

Normal 30% chance of Spawning...Uncle Giruvegan's way = 97.2% chance it appears.

Normal 20% chance of Spawning...Uncle Giruvegan's way = 89.3%% chance it appears.

With a little extra time spent you can get these percentages to:

Normal 40% chance of Spawning...Uncle Giruvegan's way = 99.998% chance it appears.

Normal 30% chance of Spawning...Uncle Giruvegan's way = 99.92% chance it appears.

Normal 20% chance of Spawning...Uncle Giruvegan's way = 98.85% chance it appears.

Sound good so far, eh? Ok, let's press on.

One thing I must state is that (I think) this only works for those Rare game that have a % chance of appearing as an extra foe. If, for example, if you were looking at the 40% chance for Terror Tyrant to replace the Wild Saurian then this won't work. It is purely for rare game that have a set % chance of appearing as an extra. People wanting the Deathbringer from Ithuno are gonna love this!! :D

If a rare game appears and you leave the zone and then return, it will still be there. If you go 2 zones then you have to get it to respawn again. With me so far? Good! Now to the business end. Let's use Ithuno as an example. It has a 20% chance of appearing in Special Op Sector 5. So stand in the Great Central Passage next to the zone line with Special Op Sector 5. Now zone in and out a total of 10 times. Each time you enter there is a 20% chance Ithuno will be there. Let's say he appears on the first one (though you won't see it). When you keep zoning in and out for the next 9 times Ithuno will remain there because you are only moving 1 zone!!! He only has to spawn once during your 10 zones in and out to be there when you go look. At 20% it works out to the following after 10 attempts:

Ithuno has a 20% chance of Spawning...do it 10 times and it's an 89.3% chance it appears. How do you make the percentages bigger? Zone in and out 20 times!!! Then you get this:

Ithuno has a 20% chance of Spawning...do it 20 times and it's an 99.85% chance it appears.

You might think it's a lot of zoning but it sure beats running round an area looking for something that probably isn't there. Hell, put a rubber band on your analogue stick and go make a coffee. When you get back your rare game will be waiting for you.

I have NEVER failed to get a rare game to spawn doing this as long as I do it at least 10 times (though obviously there is a small % chance of failing). If you do fail then do it another 10 times. It takes around 2-3 minutes to do this. How long do you think it would take to run round Platform 1 Refinery looking for Pineapple? You have to check the whole area as he could spawn anywhere in that huge area.

Go and test it. Go to The Ogir Yensa Sandsea and do it on the zone line between Platform 1 - East Tanks & Platform 1 - Refinery. Do it.....zone in and out 20 times and then go find Pineapple. My money will be on him being there. ^_^

P.S. The reason why this doesn't work when a rare game is replacing another enemy is that if it isn't there then you have to go 2 zones which would kill what you were trying to achieve. However, there are a lot of rare game out there with with just a % tag as a condition for appearing. Now you know how to find them a lot faster.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Riku994 Posted at: 19:28 Jul19 2007 Post ID: 1761070
Riku994
+
+
That seems to make sense. I think I'll pin this... Although you could've given it a better name.

Good bye everyone, it's been fun!

Special thanks to ED_, superman4u, and Cross Stinger

Credit for the Siggy goes to shadow slayer
flipclips Posted at: 06:21 Jul25 2007 Post ID: 1773969
flipclips
+
+
http://www.final-fantasy-12.com/ff12_rare_monsters.html << this site has great details i like it
Riku994 Posted at: 09:59 Jul25 2007 Post ID: 1774167
Riku994
+
+
To turn that into a link click the little chain looking button at the bottom of the text box fliclips.

Good bye everyone, it's been fun!

Special thanks to ED_, superman4u, and Cross Stinger

Credit for the Siggy goes to shadow slayer
flipclips Posted at: 05:59 Jul26 2007 Post ID: 1776778
flipclips
+
+
oh ok thanks ill use it nexttime
FatedSoul Posted at: 10:59 Aug23 2007 Post ID: 1865591
FatedSoul
Forum GuestMember
+
+
..Actually try something before you post it, Monsters wont spawn/respawn unless you move two zones away, and the percentages reset each time.
therapper Posted at: 09:04 Sep15 2007 Post ID: 1914451
therapper
+
+
ok i've read this and re-read it but i still can't figer it out

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

2 of the best rappers ever

cred to v-gamer for the avatar
Giruvegan Posted at: 02:50 Dec01 2007 Post ID: 2013360
Giruvegan
Forum GuestMember
+
+
For those who don't understand the OP, it's called probability and what's written is sound. If you disagree then I suggest night school for you.
XxFiragaxX Posted at: 09:48 Dec15 2007 Post ID: 2031955
XxFiragaxX
+
+
I tried this and it didnt work. :(
[size=18] [color=red] JOIN TEAM MARIO BROS!!! [color=#37AA7C][/size]
Images removed ? only one image allowed; adoption schemes are not exceptions ? Cross Stinger
Giruvegan Posted at: 09:15 Dec18 2007 Post ID: 2036419
Giruvegan
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The only way it won't work is if you try to spawn a mob that replaces another one, eg Wary Wolf for a Worgen. Go to the Barheim Passage and zone in and out of Op Sector 5 ten times. Then go find Ithuno. It's almost 90% certain it's there. Do it 20 times and it's over 98% chance it's there. This works....I have been using it for months and months and so have many others who have been grateful for this tip. But remember, it only works for mobs that are extra to the zone, not ones that replace a different mob.
therapper Posted at: 10:55 Mar28 2008 Post ID: 2173679
therapper
+
+
big bumb

ok mate that wont always work on other monsters as well like in the ozmon plains (by the mine) you have to kill the the beasts in that area then the bull corck will show once you go out then back in that aera after you've betten it an flyer will show up about 10 seconds later.

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

2 of the best rappers ever

cred to v-gamer for the avatar
Lord Vann Posted at: 18:33 Jan06 2009 Post ID: 2514747
Lord Vann
+
+
sweet im gonna try that see if it works i already got three zodiac spearsThumbs UpThumbs Up

« Last edited by Lord Vann on Jan 6th 2009 »
Final Fantasy Xii
roadkillman997 Posted at: 22:24 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2606162
roadkillman997
+
+
how do you get more than 2 zps?(sodiac spears).

and i dont understan this spawning thing... Eh
[email protected], IM

g33k said: *points out to SS64 that Abby, is in Paki so his house may very well go BOOM*

[center]sig by Craizen&PBO|avy-Yogi_bear
Rachetdude11 Posted at: 13:28 Jul06 2009 Post ID: 2666302
Rachetdude11
+
+
To help explain a bit: To get two Zodiac Spears or more, there's a trick to getting it in the Henne Magicite Mines(There's another forum that explains this). also, as Uncle Giruvegan has made very clear, this trick ONLY WORKS WHEN YOU ARE GOING AFTER MONSTERS THAT SPAWN ALONGSIDE OTHER MONSTERS. So, if you're attempting to get the Wary Wolf(to use Giruvegan's example), which has a chance to REPLACE one of the Worgens, the percentage of the Wary Wolf appering stays the same no matter how many times you run in and out of the area. However, if you're chasing the Wood Toad, with a 20% chance to just appear, that 20% will "stack", therefore, the Wood Toad has a greater chance of appearing each time you enter the area. So, to reierate, THIS TRICK ONLY WORKS WHEN THE RARE GAME IN QUESTION APPEARS ON IT'S OWN, NOT IF IT REPLACES ANOTHER. Kapeesh?
Forum Guest Posted at: 15:31 May09 2013 Post ID: 3245197
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
it works!!!!!!!! thanks so much Smile
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Forum Guest Posted at: 08:25 Aug12 2015 Post ID: 3385754
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I've got the worst luck when it comes to spawn chances via percentages. I zoned in between Platform 1's East Tanks, and Refinery, and it never spawned for me once. :(

Gonna try again, from the East/Central Junction, and South Tanks, and see if that works. Otherwise, I'll just have to use a cheat device, to put it's entry into the Primer. :|
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close